Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Awesome Competitions! Write a Story; Win Some Pets!!

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Would if I could, have a bunch of ideas for it, but... Nano, Ranger... nano...
I'll trying.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 am

Lucifer's Vessel wrote:ooooh I've seen that picture before somewhere else, could never imagine where....
Might have been on Writers' Haven? I don't think anyone wrote for it though, rip

Lucifer's Vessel wrote:I might do a fill for this one but NaNoWriMo is taking it outta me
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Would if I could, have a bunch of ideas for it, but... Nano, Ranger... nano...
I'll trying.
Yeah, the timing's kinda inconvenient, eh XD Although it would still count toward NaNo, wouldn't it? *scratches head*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I can work with this
I'mma see if I can get anything out
bear with me, creativity, I need you
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:08 pm

DeMaizu wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I can work with this
I'mma see if I can get anything out
bear with me, creativity, I need you
Yeee! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Considering that this is the pic that got me to join writer's haven I wrote a thing. May write another.

I'm actually rather fond of writing in second person, but not fond of reading it, so it doesn't happen as often as it probably should.

This is also vaguely inspired by a story by Roald Dahl (don't remember the title) that I was forced to read for school.

It's amazing how I always say I'm gonna do these but it never happens until I have nano I should be doing

They warned you, before you left. Never say no to a woman offering you tea, they said, but never drink it.
    You dismissed this advice without a second thought. What you needed to know was how do I ask for lodging? No one told you that, of course.

You wandered through the streets while the sky grew steadily darker. All was grey. No one spoke. Everyone was rushing away, trying to get home before the rain came in.
    That was all fine and good for them, but you had no where to go. You got caught in the downpour.

There was a house, a lovely, two storied little thing with a blue door. You wouldn't have noticed it if the door hadn't opened. A young woman - perhaps a year younger than you - was standing in the doorway.
    "Do you need shelter?" She called, and her voice was beautiful.
    "Yes." You called back, happy to find someone who spoke your language. She beckoned you inside.
    After taking your coat and hat, she lead you to a chair by the fire.
    "Just stay here - you look terribly cold." You don't argue. The fire is warm and you aren't.
    She comes back with a cup of hot tea, and hands it to you.

You should've known then.

She's beautiful, and smart too. She talks and you listen, sipping away at your tea.

By time you reach the bottom, it's too late.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:39 pm

bump!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 am

none of this exists. wrote:Considering that this is the pic that got me to join writer's haven I wrote a thing. May write another.
That's right, you wrote for it on WH! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 pm

boop!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Hellooo~! Okay, so this is the first time that I'm going to enter this competition, so....

Welp, here we go....
      -----------------------------------------------

Hello again. You remember me, don't you? You remember what I did? Or what you did, let's say. You think I'm so evil, but have you ever considered that about your greedy, unmindful self? Do you recall blurting to the police about what my sister did? You didn't have to do that. None of this would have ever happened if you didn't do it. You chose for her to be put into exile, never to communicate with a human being again. We could have been friends. No-one would even have noticed if you hadn't said anything. You disappeared soon after that, for almost as long as I can remember.

But then all these years later, I just so happened to find you wandering aimlessly around the markets with your friends. I knew it was you. I couldn't possibly forget such pretty, godforsaken face like yours. Even after all this time. And do you know how I felt after I saw you? Guess - I was the most delighted I had ever been in my life. Finally. Vengeance. Merida, I said silently in my head to the one I used to be so dear to before you ruined everything, this is for you. You'll see.

I waited there, still, watching you until you stopped talking to your friends. And then you turned around to tie your shoelace, and that was when you saw me. A look of pure horror, as I stood smiling slyly only about ten metres from you. But that quickly turned to a look of seemed confusion, as if I was still trying to figure out who you were. You tried to back away, and pushed right past your group of idiots. But soon you came to a wall, and you had your hands pressed to it as well as all the rest of your body. I kept walking closer to you and you were so jittery it was almost laughable. But I had to keep my mask of confusion and forgiveness on. Just for now.

We were now less than a metre away from each other now, and I could feel your heavy breath on my face. Now I knew that you were trying to be brave. Very unlike you, to be honest. In a normal situation I'd bet you'd just say that you didn't know who I was and you would leave. But not this time. Yes, very brave indeed.

"Eleanor." You say furiously with clenched teeth. I smile sweetly.
      "Hello. I'm afraid I don't know your name? I feel as though we've met before, though." But you're smarter than you look.
      "You know exactly what my name is and you know just as well as I that we have met before. Now what are you doing here!?"
      I think for a moment. Not thinking about what you just said, but what I should say next.
      "Is that so? Oh..yes... now that you mention it, it is coming back to me. We were children. Friends, it seemed. But Merida...she murdered...a farmer...or something, and the police..."
      "Have you been spying on me all this time to see what other good deeds I do next?" You snap.
      I chuckle.
      "No, no! I've wanted to tell you how thankful I am that you told someone about what my sister did, but you ran away or moved house or changed schools or something so I haven't been able to for all this time!" I wail.
      Now in case you want to know, I am a very skilled liar. You know that by now, don't you? Well let me tell you firsthand that it is a very useful thing to learn.
      You stare at me for a while, obviously wondering whether to believe me or not.
      "And how should I know that you're telling the truth?" You mutter suspiciously, your eyes never leaving mine.
      I had no believable answer from the top of my head for this one, so I just laughed playfully and took you by the wrist, skipping along the swarms of people around the market.
      "I'll show you the place we always used to go to!" I called back. You had to run to keep up with me without tripping.

And soon we were at a huge green paddock that stretched for a few kilometres, and it looked exactly the same as when we were young - when you and Merida and I always played together until dusk, and even after our parents told us to come back inside. And I showed you everything we used to do, and you soon started to trust me and play along like we used to.

We did this every day for weeks, maybe even months, and you never got bored of it. And one day, I'd said something to you -
      "Do you want to stay for supper at my house?" I asked.
      You grinned gleefully.
      "Of course!"
      And we skipped all the way back to my old house, with peeling white plaster all over the walls and splintering wooden planks. But you didn't care. You loved me like I used to do you when we were friends before the incident.
      "Sit down on this chair. It's the comfiest." I say.
      "Oh, really? But this is your house, I wouldn't want t-"
      "No, it's fine, really. I prefer this one," I say, and show her by sitting on a bland wooden chair with a few rags on it.
      We ate dinner together, and then we decided to watch a movie. And that was when I'd decided to make my move.

"Hey, I'm thirsty, do you want some tea?" I ask.
      "If you don't mind." You say absentmindedly, and I smile.

So I go to the kitchen, and I guess I must have taken an unusually long time to make some tea, because you called out from the living room.
      "Ellie, are you alright?"
      "Of course. Never better." And when I said that I meant it like nobody's business.

I finally come back with the two cups of tea, and made sure to give the teacup with the blue swirl patterns to you. You start sipping your tea and I do the same with mine, and we watch the television together. But then you finish your tea and look inside of it. Of course I felt the need to kindly inform you about what had happened. You look up at me, with just about every emotion possible except surprise. You should have trusted your instincts from the beginning, sweetheart.
Last edited by leiawolfe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Bump! Judging should begin today; any last-minute entries? c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me