WINNERS POSTED - Design a Spider-Verse Character

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: PENDING - Design a Spider-Verse Character ✨SHIMA LONGTAI

Postby Wayward Winchester » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:32 pm

The winners have been selected, and I am now writing the final post to announce the winners! Get excited!!
Wayward Winchester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: PENDING - Design a Spider-Verse Character ✨SHIMA LONGTAI

Postby Wayward Winchester » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:26 pm

IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE:

I will be keeping the designs of the top three prize winners for my own personal use, however they will not be reposted anywhere public, as I will most likely only show them to my friends on Discord.
If you are an honourable mention, you are more than welcome to keep your design for your own use!

Hello again everybody!!

Thank you very, very much to everybody who entered and/or showed interest in this contest. All of the entries I got were amazing, and it was difficult to choose a top 3. But I'm happy to announce that everybody who entered will be receiving a prize of some kind!
As I said before, I've been with this website since 2014, and hosting this contest and getting to know the participants reminded me of the awesome community I've become familiar with over the years. I have absolutely no hard feelings about leaving, or about giving away my pets and items to you wonderful collectors and artists.

NOW, with everything said and done, let's get on to the winners!!

🕷️3RD PLACE🕷️

The 3rd place prize goes to... cocogerber13!!
IMG_7875.jpeg
IMG_7875.jpeg (331.42 KiB) Viewed 96 times

I absolutely loved their entry!! The idea of mixing a jumping spider with a bunny is so cute and unique, somehow unheard of by me until now but absolutely genius nonetheless. It was executed so well, and the Bugs Bunny reference is the cherry on top for me. This is just altogether an adorable character, and I loved receiving it. Thank you so much for your entry, please keep an eye on your trade centre for your prizes!

🕸️2ND PLACE🕸️

The 2nd place prize goes to... ROX.mp4!!
IMG_7894.jpeg
IMG_7894.jpeg (138.85 KiB) Viewed 96 times

This character is so beyond gorgeous, and I'm obsessed with them. The faint galaxy designs on the costume paired with the spray paint vibe altogether are so pretty, the spray can on the belt, the gas mask thingy on the mouth!! It's all so nice, I just love the vibrancy of the whole thing. Thank you very much for your entry, and of course, be sure to keep an eye on your trade centre for your prizes!

‼️‼️1ST PLACE‼️‼️

And finally, the 1st place winner of the Spider-Verse character contest is... Ocelot ^3^!!!
IMG_7895.jpeg
IMG_7895.jpeg (172.5 KiB) Viewed 96 times

I fell completely head over heels for this character the minute I saw her. The vibrant and gradient colours mixed with the dark theme is right up my alley and something I LOVE to see in a character design. The ears and the tail are such a cute little bonus, and the character's face without their mask is pretty and adorable. Everything about this design is just so beautiful to me, and absolutely deserves 1st place. Congratulations on your prize and thank you so much for your entry! Keep an eye on your trade centre for your prize!

🖤HONOURABLE MENTIONS🖤

If you didn't win one of the above prizes, please don't feel disheartened! This section exists for the rest of the entries that still had amazing character designs, and I'd like for you to receive something for putting in the work for your design!
The following entries will have their choice of 50 pets from the rest of my collection, and 50 items from that entire collection, for a total of 100 possible prizes. I have not checked either in a long time, so you may find something very valuable in one of them!
These prizes are first come, first serve, and I will be accepting trades in the order of which they come in. I will be trading the top three winners their prizes first, so I suggest you go now and claim any pets or items you want!
Unfortunately I can't provide pictures of these entries, since the limit per post is 3 💔

TransDragon01
Your design was so cute, and one of my favourites that came in! The big ears on top of the hood are adorable, and I imagine the tail being animated in some way, or perhaps having a mind of its own. The stripes and the galaxy elements were both very pretty, and altogether very unique! Thank you very much for your entry 🙏

Fig
I loved the dark elements of your entry, and the little animal nose on the mask was very cute! If I'm not mistaken? I'm pretty sure that's what it was-
Anyway, this entry reminded me a bit of Doctor Octopus from the same franchise, the yellow eyes were a really cool touch, and the background was well done! Thank you so much for your entry!

LunaMoon
Your entry was absolutely adorable!! You asked me what my favourite animal was, and when I said a wolf, you drew a wolf in a custom Spider-Verse costume - I love it!! The webs on the costume all seem very elegant, and the mark on the flank is a nice little touch. The gold costume themed with a wolf makes me think this would be Hunter's Spidersona, from The Owl House, if you're familiar. If not, I totally recommend you check out the show. Thank you so much for your entry!

Cyrano
I loved receiving your entry! The big fluffy hood was definitely a highlight of this design, and you executed such a cute and unique idea with the eyes changing between day and night. The jacket was adorable and the colours all blend together very well, and I dunno if this was the intent, but the character altogether reminded me a bit of Sonic. Whether that was the case or not, thank you so much for your entry!

Foxglove Jam
I was in contact with you for a while before your entry was posted, and I loved hearing about the process that went into this character. It all was absolutely worth it in the end, because this character was gorgeous! The muted gold was such a nice idea for the colours, and the idea of basing it off of a jellyfish is so original, and executed very well! I also very much like the shawl around the shoulders. Thank you very much for the entry!

Aaaand that's it from me! Thank you so much again to everybody who entered, and thank you all for nearly a decade of memories on the site. I'll be donating the rest of my pets and items over the next week. Take care of yourselves, and remember to salt your pasta while you're boiling it <3
Wayward Winchester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WINNERS POSTED - Design a Spider-Verse Character

Postby Fig » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:52 pm

LOL I recently way oversalted my pasta recently.

Thanks for a fun competition! I will keep my eye out for when you unlock your groups 😊
Fig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TransDragon01 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:33 pm

Thanks for the competition! Though are you going to open your groups soon? I don't want to pressure or anything but both items and pets are closed
TransDragon01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wayward Winchester » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:58 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, my trade group is now open for honourable mention prizes 🙏🙏
Wayward Winchester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocelot ^3^ » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:48 pm

AAAA omgosh thank you so much for first place❤️❤️ im so so glad you like the design n everyones art was soso pretty<33
TYSM AGAIN SDKFDS<33333
Ocelot ^3^

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:45 pm

AAAH thank you so much for third place, and I hope you enjoy the design!! :0 <333 ^^ (and please let me know if you’d like me to change anything on the page!) I’m glad to hear that you’ve had a wonderful time here on CS, and while it is sad to see you go, I wish you the best in the future! :) <3 Thank you for having such a fun design contest and being so supportive of everyone who entered ^^

Congrats to everyone that won, and I wanted to compliment everyone who posted an entry!! Each entry had a lot of care put into it and they all looked absolutely terrific!!! <333 All of the designs were so original and cool to look at, and it has been incredibly fun to participate with all of you! :] Stunning job, everyone! ^^
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxglove Jam » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:11 pm