| ♥𝕍ℝ 𝔻ℝ𝔸𝔾𝕆ℕ𝕊 WINNERS ANNOUNCED♥ |

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: | ♥𝕍ℝ 𝔻ℝ𝔸𝔾𝕆ℕ𝕊 ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ♥ |

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:02 pm

username. Grey_Hoodie
word count. 9/xx
ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ ¹ wrote: ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴀ "ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴs" ᴘᴏsᴛᴇʀ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ fᴀᴄᴇ ᴏɴ ɪᴛ

Odd. They should have found the body by now.

wip! c:
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kerplunk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 am

ooh im totally gonna enter this! I'll probably write my entry next week. I'll use prompt 2. nvm, gonna write it now.

Username: MelancholyRat
Prompt: #2
Word Count: 492

"I don't want to be the bad guy anymore.." I whispered, a tear rolling down my cheek.
"Don't worry," My brother said, trying to comfort me. "This is our last assessment."
"But Tyler, didn't you hear what would happen afterwards? I'll be taken away from you." I sobbed. "I don't want to be taken away!"
"Hey, listen to me!" Tyler whispered angrily. "They won't take you away. I won't let them, okay?"
I sniffed, wiping my face. Smiling, I softly replied, "Okay."

The next morning, I marched down to the patrol office with Tyler and my best friend, Amy. The officer greeted us. "Miss Costello," she nodded to Amy, who saluted in reply. "Mister White," she nodded at Tyler, "and Miss White." She turned to me. "Glad to see you're well again, after yesterday."
Suddenly, visions of yesterday clouded my mind. Our assessment, the bank robbery. The alarms. The police. My nervous breakdown. I almost got caught. This "crime" thing totally isn't working out for me.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." I lied. The officer smiled at me, a side of her I usually don't see showing. Most of the time she always barks at us for doing something wrong, much like a parent scolding a young child.
"Well, come in. Don't just stand there." We walked inside her office. She had the nicest office in the block, with a plush purple leather couch and a bright pink carpet stretching around half of the room. She even had a fireplace, with way too many pictures of herself cluttering the top of it. I sat down in between Tyler and Amy. The officer stretched her dark purple cardigan and was about to sit down in her desk chair when the phone rang. Muttering swears, she answered the call. "Hello?"

Suddenly, I heard her gasp, "I'll be right there!" She hung up and turned to us, with a frightened look on her face. "The cops are here," She explained. "They saw you 3 on a security camera. I don't have time to get more into detail. Hide!"

Like hunted birds, we scattered. Amy hid behind a plant, while Tyler and I ran behind Officer's desk. There was a loud bang on the door and I started to cry again. Tyler wrapped me into a tight hug, whispering, "Shh. It's okay, baby sis. It's okay." Another loud bang, and the door fell with a thud as the police started searching the room. A thought suddenly went into my head, and it consumed me with rage. Officer didn't leave to distract them! She gathered everyone up and left!

Amy screamed in terror as a cop grabbed her leg and pulled her out of her hiding place. "Where are the others?" The cop demanded, and I saw Amy point to the desk. Amy, no! The cops swarmed around us. I knew this would happen. They're taking me away! I struggled desperately, but it was no use. I've..lost.

Ta-da! lol this is really bad but eh whatever
Also, no, I am not against cops (but rather the stupid people that accuse them for crimes they didn't commit). I just thought that the cops would be good villains in this story, as the protagonist is a criminal.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know what you think c:
    kerp they/them
    fall enjoyer
    satanist ⚰️
kerplunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥win ℍ𝕌𝔾𝔼 ℙℝ𝕀ℤ𝔼𝕊~! |ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ|♥

Postby pillowa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:05 pm

ʙᴜᴍᴘ!
"ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴀʀᴇ... 𝕄𝔸𝔾𝕀ℂ."
-ᴀɴᴏɴʏᴍᴏᴜꜱ
pillowa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowyAshes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:05 am

Prompt: ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ ³
Username: SnowyAshes
Word count: [WIP]
Entry:
[WIP]
Like rainfall, applause sounded around the theatre. The velvet curtains sank over the final scene as the light vanished from the stage and filled the seating area. Behind the curtain, a single actor was stood in the darkness, a lavish theatrical mask over their countenance.
╔══════════════════════════╗
INFJ-T ~ It/Its ~ Asexual ~ Sapphic
──────── ──────── ────────
Interests: Folklore, Robots, AI.
──────── ──────── ────────
Likes: Transformers, Mushi-Shi, Kuroshitsuji, Ayakashi + Mononoke Tales, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Studio Ghibli, Nurarihyon no Mago and many others.
╚══════════════════════════╝
SnowyAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| ♥𝕍ℝ 𝔻ℝ𝔸𝔾𝕆ℕ𝕊 ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ♥ |

Postby pillowa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:25 am

ʙᴜᴍᴘ!
"ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ. ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ."
-ᴀɴᴏɴʏᴍᴏᴜꜱ
pillowa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zamatsenga » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:28 am

Mark

xxxxxx.x[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠] [♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

xzama|| she/xe || sapphic
    xx.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬•••▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    xxxxi draw n write n play games yay
    xxxxx..bit bonkers ?!
xxx.xxxx[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠] [♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]
.xx
Image.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zamatsenga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pillowa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 am

"Step into a scene and let it drip from your fingertips"
-MJ Bush
pillowa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soccerali9 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:41 pm

soccerali9
ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ ¹
499 words
note: I hope this is an acceptable adaptation of the prompt (I accidentally thought of the missing poster figuratively and ran with it. The character wishes to return to who he once was, but barely recognizes the poster as himself because he was forced to change so much) If this is not an acceptable interpretation, I completely understand and will take it down. It wasn't actually my intention - I sorta forgot the prompt as the idea developed, oops.

The night won't end
The sun traverses endlessly across the vacant sky but to no avail. The night won't end
As a child, I was shunned and alone, but I could always run to her arms. When the shadows haunted me or the monsters slithered in the dark, I would flee to the one who could send away the fiercest of evils. The one who could always end the night.
Days grew to years as inches grew to feet. In a matter of memories, I towered over her. Yet she was always my rock, my fighter, my defender. Regardless the danger, no matter the cost, she would banish the fear from my mind and envelop me in folds of love and light. Warmth and love I sought in her and freely she gave as a generous queen of boundless riches. Selfless sacrifice sparked in me a desire to please endlessly. If ever I could love her, I would without a doubt. The pain in moments apart paled in comparison to the joy together. Sometimes the days would race by; sometimes we would race through corridors of trees and man-made machines. No fear was too great in our joint adventures. No danger too costly if fun was to be had.
And then the night
He awoke me. He said she thought to power through. But it overcame. The darkness overcame.
And in that instant, fear reigned and the light was snuffed.

My greatest regret is the unspoken farewell. Separation was inevitable, but the reunion was expected, taken for granted. Now all the things I wish I would have said are borne in the weight yoked on my back.
I cannot go back, try as I might, to her arms. I cannot cry to her when fear threatens my peace. Instead, it overcomes. I succumb to the loneliness of this world, the depravity of society, the pain of sheer isolation.

He approaches with broken eyes and a rent heart. He loved her as I did. So now we unite.
In her honor, we fight. We fight the dark and the fear and the night. While we cannot undo life's eraser marks, we can push back the dark. Together our strength lies in the absence of her presence. Because she was the one who protected me, fought for my peace, now I shall continue and press onward through the unknown. I bare my fists, knuckles hardened, eyes set straight, shoulders square. I look my fear dead on and recognize its power, yet I deny its prowess. I used to cower, now I fight. To protect those who cannot protect themselves. To send shadows fleeing as I once did.

I want to be that old me

I want to seek shelter in her loving arms
Who I am now is unidentifiable
Comparatively

But shoulder on I must
I am now a fighter
To carry on her memory

No, the night won't end
And the darkness seems to never cease
But neither must we
Last edited by soccerali9 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
                  I love giving gifts so PM me if you know a deserving user (;
                  Currently watching: NCIS, Star Trek Voyager
                  I love wolves and dragons ♥

soccerali9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pillowa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 am

ʙᴜᴍᴘ!
"ɪꜰ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ."
-ᴡɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ ꜰᴀᴜʟᴋɴᴇʀ
pillowa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faolan16 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:31 pm

username; faolan16
prompt; #1
word count; 1,030

I am not bothered by being nearly invisible. In fact, I have grown to quite depend on it. Truly, it's a blessing for one who roams the streets. So when you see your face on a sign, something permanent for anyone to see, something is terribly wrong.

A dark photo of my own image was first seen as a poster hanging on a public board. A split second of disbelief and then fear passed before I instinctively reached out and ripped it off. What was an orphan's face doing on a poster? The face of a person who had no one to miss them? My stomach twisted as I crumpled the paper. No one was there to see it, and I hoped that I had kept my face out of everyone's memories.

But soon I became aware of the others- many more posters on shop windows, telephone poles, blank walls of buildings. A panic took me yet I managed not to run, though my walk was fast and the quick motion became rhythmic. See the white paper in the dark, slip past it and with a lightning fast tear, it was gone. The work seemed tedious but I'd begun to believe that no one had seen the posters and I was still possibly safe.

It took me awhile to spot him in the dark; a kid not much older than me, always at the edge of my vision or lurking not far behind. He watched all that I did, but I couldn't stop, couldn't let anyone else catch a glimpse of a girl who didn't want to be found. Right now, it was more important to keep the general population out of my life and deal with one person later.

I had made good progress and was a few posters away from finishing when a hand appeared from the dark and stopped me from cleanly tearing the poster, breaking my rhythm, throwing me off and causing me to stumble. I'd known he was there but he still surprised me, and cursing myself, I kept a small distance but stood my ground.

"Who are you, and what d'you want?" I spoke first, meeting his eyes evenly. If you're on the
streets awhile, you learn a few things. Cut to the chase, be blunt, stand your ground, make eye contact.

Don't go down without a fight.

He made a show of slowly removing the paper, and I refused to flinch despite the fact you could hear the tape peel from the pole. With my attention fully on him, he held the paper in front of me. "It's already too late," he told me, but I snatched the paper from his hands and crumpled it before trying to skirt around him. Stopping me with his arm, he said, "Leave them alone. You need to get as far away from here as you can."

"I'll do what I want," I snapped, but I didn't get to shove past him when somebody grasped my arm and yanked me away. "Stop!" the boy yelled, giving chase, but the person beside me urged me to run and for some reason I did.

I planned to break away, but with as fast as we were going and the person's hand still clinging to my arm, I kept pace with them as we dodged corners and slipped in front of the occasional late night driver.

At last we lost him, ducking down a dark alley and I stole back my arm, fists clenched, ready for a fight if it came. It was hard to see in the dark. "Show yourself," I commanded, my eyes darting around and searching for a figure in the shadows. "What's going on?"

"That boy is a member of the RAS." A girl came into view, extremely pretty considering how fast she was able to run, with light hair curling into perfect ringlets that stretched just past her shoulders. "And?" I said expectantly. I didn't want to admit that I had no idea what the RAS was.

Seeming to understand my lack of knowledge, she explained, "They kidnap orphans for part of their crew. The Rearmed Society."

For a second I thought about what she said, then stared at her. "How'd you know I was an orphan?"

Her eyes flashed for a millisecond. "The poster," she said, maintaining eye contact. I thought back to the posters. "No, the posters just have a headline, picture, and number." She shook her head, sending her curls flying.

My fingers still clutched a paper, the one from the guy. I flattened it out. "Doesn't say anything about an orphan," I said accusingly, and I started to back up.

"You said it," she said, her voice rising. "To the guy."

I shook my head and turned to run, but then her nails dug into my arm, halting my escape. Closing my fist, I swung at her. She ducked just in time and then caught my fist. Moving down my hand, she ensnared my wrist. With both of my arms in her control, the girl twisted them and forced me to my knees.

I managed to kick at her, gaining back one of my arms to punch her. This time, I didn't miss. Her grip on my other arm loosened, and I tore away, stumbling to the ground. Breathing heavy, I forced myself up and suddenly I was running again, the posters forgotten. I was stopped only when I crashed into a figure- the boy.

"Stay away from me," I ordered, lurching backwards. "I told you to get out of here," he said evenly. "Do you even know where you're going?"

"Leave me alone." My hands shook a little and I wasn't able to stop them. "I just want to help," he said, moving forward.

"Not another step," I warned, fists closing again. They were the only weapons I had.

"What did she say about me?" he asked, referring to the girl. I glared at him, but answered anyways. "That you're a member of the RAS."

He stared at me a second, then smiled a little bit. "That's a pretty valid reason to doubt someone."

And he launched himself at me.
to the top of all the world
to the tasteless underworld
to the center of your heart
oh, Cleopatra is the only one you loved
faolan16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups