CLOSED (WINNERS ANNOUNCED): UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: CLOSED (WINNERS BEING DECIDED): UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY!

Postby stormy tom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:51 am

Labrador_Lover wrote:
    aw, that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to this, considering I planned my idea for a while and stayed up past midnight to finish my entry. Well... I don't think there will be a winner, since the person hasn't been on since January :/

Aw, me too <3
I'll try and have a read through these stories and give out a prize ^^ it might not be as nice as a Holly dog but I'll see what I can do
He/They
Art by me
stormy tom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ serendipity ✧ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm

stormy and rescuer wrote:
Labrador_Lover wrote:
    aw, that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to this, considering I planned my idea for a while and stayed up past midnight to finish my entry. Well... I don't think there will be a winner, since the person hasn't been on since January :/

Aw, me too <3
I'll try and have a read through these stories and give out a prize ^^ it might not be as nice as a Holly dog but I'll see what I can do

wow, that's really thoughtful of you!! I think I might do the same!
✧ serendipity ✧

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stormy tom » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:37 pm

~ Stormy's Winners ~
I know you were all looking forward to this, so I've gone through the pages and picked out a few stories that I likes for one reason or another. I will do my best to send you some prizes if I can! It won't be as nice as a holly dog, but I'll try to give you at least something <3
To everyone else: I wish I could give you all prizes! But unfortunately I cant T-T if you would like some feedback on your story, though, I am more than happy to give it to you! Just send it to me via PM and let me know, and I'll give you a detailed response. I am an editor, so I can give you some useful advice ^^

Onto the winners!

yoinks - story
You have excellent narrative flow, a strong grasp of punctuation, and dynamic sentence structure. I could pick out a few mistakes, but I think you would have caught them with a fresh eye and another sweep. They are minor and do not affect flow or comprehension. You have a good grasp of showing-not-telling, which often comes hand-in-hand with dynamic sentence structure. You build the story as information is required and that's a very strong quality to have as a writer.
You story was interesting and had a very touching ending without being cliche. Emotional scenes can be very difficult to write without being overly done. I think you did a wonderful job.

Mooma - story
You story was very cute and charming ^^ you tell more than show, but I think you have a strong sense for narrative flow and you'll get better with practice. You haven't fallen into repetitive sentence structures, so it might not be too hard ^^

sixx. - story
This story is beautifully written, lyrical. I found a few edits that might be needed, but they were not serious issues, just things you probably would have caught if you'd come back to it with a fresh eye ^^ your descriptions are gorgeous, and this is as much a painting as it is a story. Well done.

BigWolf643 - story
You, my dear, have an excellent grasp for dialogue. Speech is something that lots of writers struggle with. It can easily become awkward to read. You've got the hang of it, though, and your narrative flow is also excellent. Your idea is also very cute ^^ I enjoyed it.

kee. - story
There are some editorial things, as with everyone, that I could make here, though mostly with chopping out unnecessary words or tweaking sentences. Nothing major to affect meaning. You have a good flow for narrative as well, and an interesting set-up. Well done ^^

I will do my best to hand out prizes, but I may not have the resources, so I apologize ^^ I wish I could give you all holly dogs <3
Best wishes, Stormy
He/They
Art by me
stormy tom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:43 am

CS staff will be judging this contest asap, sorry for the delay everyone, we'll get the prize handed out as soon as we've picked a winner!
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azphen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Metallic Dragon wrote:CS staff will be judging this contest asap, sorry for the delay everyone, we'll get the prize handed out as soon as we've picked a winner!

Aww, that's so kind of y'all! Rest assured that your generosity is incredibly appreciated. <3
    Any chance you have any clue on what happened to Kendyy? Their sudden disappearance is worrying...

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxcall me azphen, az, lance—xxxxxxxx
whatever you want.

he/him. i like collecting things
Azphen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Kendyy was quitting the site according to their profile, nothing to worry about, they probably just decided to stop logging in and forgot to judge the contest. Winners will be announced soon, we're just waiting on a few more staff opinions on placings C:
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 am

Sorry for the delay folks! The winners are as follows:

1st: steampoweredfan with x
2nd: Vylad with x
3rd: stormy and rescuer with x

an admin will send out the prizes as soon as possible
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steampoweredfan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:47 am

Metallic Dragon wrote:Sorry for the delay folks! The winners are as follows:

I’m so excited and flattered! I wish I could articulate better how happy this makes me. Thank you so much. 😭
Last edited by steampoweredfan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
steampoweredfan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stormy tom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:50 am

Wow awesome!! Thank you!
He/They
Art by me
stormy tom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vylad » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Metallic Dragon wrote:Sorry for the delay folks! The winners are as follows:

Aww, that's so sweet! Thank you! This makes me really happy!
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vylad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me