The Sad Puppy Motel - Contests - New Contest in August!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: The Sad Puppy Motel - Contests - Grand Re-Opening!

Postby ylesia » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:25 am

My Favorite CS Pet Is: I know it’s not one pet, but I really love this line of old dogs (I’m trying to collect them all, these are not all of them)
Because: They are just common, but even if they have no special value in CS they mean really a lot to me. There are a lot of old dogs in shelters waiting for someone to love them and some of these dogs will never know what it means to live in a real house and being loved by a family. Adopting a pup is nice, who don’t love pups? But when it comes to adopting an old dog everyone thinks about how much an old dog will cost (yeah, the vet is a real thing) and how short it will stay with us. But if there’s the possibility (money), old dogs can give so much. And… that’s just it, as soon as I saw that there was an old dog line in game I couldn’t help loving them.

#TSPM-May2023

Where no man has gone before…

MY TRADE THREAD | ADOPTABLES | STORIES
WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Sad Puppy Motel - Contests - Show Your Pride!

Postby VeronicaFoxx » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:37 am

Show Your Pride Contest Entry Template:
My Pride Pet:
#TSPM-June2023SYP

Importance of Pride Contest Entry Template:
Pride is important to me because: I am transgender. I knew what I was feeling and what I wanted, but I didn't have the words to make those around me understand. I was peripherally aware of transgender people once I got older, but I didn't know enough about them to know that was what I was. The way that they were talked about was almost entirely negative in the areas I lived, and they weren't really shown in media except in a negative light, either. It wasn't until I was well into adulthood that I finally met one and realized that it was exactly what I had lived with for so very long. I am a transwoman and proud of it. Everything about being a woman makes me so much happier, and I am very happy to be able to show it. If there had been more and better transgender representation, especially at Pride events, while I was growing up, I could have figured everything out much sooner and been happier all along.
#TSPM-June2023IOP
Last edited by VeronicaFoxx on Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
After a seven year hiatus, I'm back! ...I missed so many pets...

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Dreamie: The first fox.
Image Image
Christmas 2008 Image

VeronicaFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylesia » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:07 am

Show Your Pride Contest
My Pride Pet:
#TSPM-June2023SYP

Importance of Pride Contest
Pride is important to me because: As you can see from the pet above I’m straight, but I have some queer friends and I like to consider myself an ‘ally’ or at least a supporter. I’m not happy to say that, but there’s still a lot of discrimination about LGBTQIA+ things (at least where I live) mainly due to ignorance. I have to admit that I didn’t know some of the flags released this month on CS, but I know that there are many people who know only the rainbow one and target it as ‘diversity’. I think Pride Month is the time of the year when you can show the world that what people call diversity is the best thing we have. I’m straight, but I’m labelled as ‘strange’ from a lot of people… since there’s not a ‘Pride month for weirdos’ I’ll make your Pride my Pride. Be always confident and proud of who you are and… “Live long and prosper” as someone from a different planet said!
#TSPM-June2023IoP

Where no man has gone before…

MY TRADE THREAD | ADOPTABLES | STORIES
WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VeronicaFoxx » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:06 am

Definitely don't discount being an ally! We need all the ones we can get. Thank you for your support, and keep being weird!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Image Image
Christmas 2008 Image

VeronicaFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VeronicaFoxx » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:45 am

bump

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Image Image
Christmas 2008 Image

VeronicaFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:48 am

Show Your Pride Contest:
#TSPM-June2023SYP

Pride is important to me because:
June is the one time of year when I feel proud to be who I am. Going into public spaces and seeing the progress flag brings so much joy. I love going into shops and seeing the latest pride collections, they seem to get better and better each year. Pride makes me feel seen and it reminds me I’m not alone, that I am not weird or strange. It is a time when I see our community flourish and celebrate who they are. I wish I could feel this way all the time, but with the current increase in hostility towards our community (in the US), it’s difficult to stay positive and feel safe. I hope that one day we won’t need just a month, that we will feel seen, safe, and celebrated each and every day. That is not to say we haven’t made progress, but we still have a ways to go.

I have never felt comfortable with labels and will probably never have an official coming out. I do not have an accepting family so I suppose it would not matter anyways. It is for that reason that pride is so important to me. It is truly the only time I feel accepted. It is sad that I feel this way, but it is a common reality for us in the LGBT community, especially for those for us who are scared to be their authentic selves. I do have hope though that over time, little by little, things will change.

Happy Pride Month to all, and know you are loved, appreciated, and needed every single day. You nor I should not feel as though we have to hide forever, and we (your fellow community members) are rooting for you and supporting you always.
#TSPM-June2023IoP

edit 1: inserted IoP
edit 2: forgot to bold title
edit 3: put my pet in!
edit 4: grammar
Last edited by bubblegumjello on Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ she/her ☆adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ☆ one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☆ goal: complete collection Image
tradesoffsite trades Image
☆ favorite species: bunny Image
☆ cs discord Image
☆ pixels credit here Image
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bubblegumjello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JeffSatur'sHusband » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:16 pm

Show Your Pride Contest
My Pride Pet-
When I look at them on their page it doesn't show all the items so if you cant see them on her here (If you can only see one item please click the dress up link)
Pet's name: Aspyn
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
then i posted it in a dress up here

#TSPM-June2023SYP

Importance of Pride Contest
Pride is very important to me for many reasons. I am both transgender (Male) and gay (MlM) and my parents are not supportive. I'm 16 so yes I still live with my parents. I realized I was trans around 9-10 but, I have a trans sibling and a non binary sibling, because I saw how my parents reacted to them coming out I tried to push it and hide it away and tried convincing myself I wasn't. This led me to a super depressive state, but at the age of 13 I got found out because some of my old fake friends told my parents. I did deny it but at the age of 14 I got found out again but didn't deny it this time. It took me a long time to actually fully accept myself. At the age of 14, despite being found out, I was still hiding it. Only my close friends and family knew and my parents cause they found themselves. At the age of 15 I finally accepted myself completely and I stopped keeping it a secret. I didn't just outright say it but if anyone asked for pronouns or name I'd use my preferred/correct ones. Now at the age of 16 I'm telling more people and hiding it a lot less. I'm hoping to go to my first pride parade this month if I can find one nearby and I'm hoping to bring my boyfriend with me.
Another reason is that multiple of my siblings and friends are also apart of the LGBTQ+ community. There are many more reasons but I didn't want to make this to long.
#TSPM-June2023IoP
i used to cry but the tear is dry
เคยทรมานแต่ฉันเริ่มด้านชา

TH Artfight credit ☆☆☆☆
Aries~INFP-T~ He/Him ~ Gay ~ Boy Love Lover
───────────────────

used to be blind but i see the light
เคยภาวนาแต่ฉันเริ่มระอา
xImage
JeffSatur'sHusband

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EyeOfVoid » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:10 am

Show Your Pride Contest Entry Template:
My Pride Pet:

Pet's name: Pan
#TSPM-June2023SYP
Edit: (Oops, the items were repurposed for smth else after ^^;)

Importance of Pride Contest Entry Template:
Pride is important to me because: It's a reminder that it's alright to be proud of who you are. There are those who will get mad about Pride month even existing, with reasons ranging from "veterans should be celebrated instead" or "it's wrong to be gay/trans/queer and you shouldn't be celebrating it" or even "the lgbtq+ community is getting its recognition, it doesn't need pride month anymore". At the end of the day, pride month isn't about any of that, and it's kind of funny how people miss that since it's in the name. It's to be proud of who you are, no matter who you are.

Pride month exists to make everyone feel human-like they matter, and to remind them it's okay to be you. And with how bad things are going right now, especially with the USA under constant threat of anti-trans laws, and other countries making it illegal to be queer, people need that hope more than ever. When you have everyone telling you what you genuinely feel is wrong or not okay, it can mess with you. I have a conservative christian mother who constantly goes on about the "lgbtq+ agenda" and there are times when I doubt if what I want for myself is worth it or right.
But Pride isn't pushing an agenda, it's reaching out to those people who need a reminder it's perfectly okay to want to be happy with their bodies or lives. Because everyone deserves to be happy, right? So why should what you identify as or who you love change that? Pride reminds you to take charge of YOUR own life and to be proud of who YOU are, and never let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Pride is natural, every human experiences it, so it's all more the reminder that we are all equally human and should never be told to feel ashamed for it.
I will continue being proud of who I am because only I know what I truly want for myself. I will continue striving for what would make me happier, and you should do the same. I am proud to say I am a transmasc genderqueer person, who is demi-pansexual, and very in love with my boyfriend.

Happy Pride Month, remember that you are always loved and accepted somewhere, somehow (and if you don't think you are, I love you /p)
And stay safe, stay true, stay you.
#TSPM-June2023SYP
•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*Hello! You can call me A.I. or Void!*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

【☆】Any Pronouns (They/Them Preferred)【☆】
【☆】Neurodivergent (I am so mentally ill it's not funny)【☆】
【☆】Artist/Animator【☆】
【☆】Taken by DreamyNocturne【☆】

ImageImageImage
EyeOfVoid

My pets
My items
My wishlist