Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby Pinkapillar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:28 am

@KenmilltoSky, although I haven't been around as long as you have I completely agree. I use to love posting here! Sharing my thoughts and making new friends <3 but I've almost totally stopped posting because I got the heavy feeling that no one actually cared what I posted (unless I was advertising). :c I do disagree with one of your opinions however. Yes while I agree the reply system is flawed...I think it is necessary since folks STILL even with the rule refuse to reply. While it does suck at least it forces some users to look beyond their own post. Bless the people who reply so generously seriously. Anyways, that was also my two cents, take it as you will! In other less serious stuff, I really like Fortress! She reminds me of an assassin or something!! and what an interesting name ^w ^

@MayaDaBanana I loooove that tiger character, you most certainly are the tiger queen owo! I really wanna get one soon too omg ;w ; but gosh...and to answer your question!
    Have your tastes in character designs or species changed over the years? If so how? What are your current tastes if you have a specific taste?
    YES totally!! I started out liking characters that were robotic and blue and...ugly. and now I LOVE girly pink characters! I started collected in middle school...so yee I think most people's tastes change from then. Yikes! I'm really into pastel babs now.

@Bella. I use to have a Raptor oc!! I never got around to making him an actual toyhouse page but his name was T-bone (which I still think is an adorable name) ;w ; If I knew where he was I would totally give him to you, alas he is probably stashed away in my files somewhere...

@MotherMother That animation is so smooth!! Wowie! also I totally agree with you on the subject of ads!

@lunamoth19 I feel like I have already summed up my thoughts regarding your first question...but:
    In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?
    Like I said, awful robot characters. I went through a god-like humanoid phase...and now I've totally fallen for closed species ;w ; dear lord they are wonderful.

@ QueenNyra Nyra is looking wonderful, as always! <3 and I think we've all had the classic 'neon emo' character before when we first started omg!

It's been so long...I have so many new babes ahhh:
    New Paca! Maeve!
    by buntato!

New cinna! Technicolor!
    by PIXIEDUST

2 New Sweets! Cheshire & Birdie!
    ImageImage
    both by the lovely Lady--bug!

New Gastro! Ambroisa
    by KingSpectre
    Whew.

I also wanted to show off the CUTEST art I got of me and my boyfriend's fursonas
    by osa-bt
Pinkapillar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emris » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 am

@Mother
That run cycle is absolutely fantastic! How many frames does it have?

@Kenmill
You definitely have a point, it makes me wonder what caused the shift from a genuine community to what it is now. I definitely remember the time your talking about ages ago when everyone knew each other's mains, what do you think could help the club get back to that? Removing the 3 comment rule? The only big problem there is that it was put in place because no on was actually commenting. I totally agree that now some comments are forced but aren't those better then no comments at all?

@Maya
We did all have the emo phase omg, with the completely cliche wolf character with bangs and an edgy backstory xD
I absolutely love your new chars, I think the Sadbloom design might be my favorite of your tiger designs!

@Nyra
Your style is super cool omg, the anatomy is spot on.
That's so cool you've had her for so long, my oldest active character is only about 3 I think, I hope I still love him in six years.
YES YOU HAD THE EDGY DOG PHASE TOO
Gotta love that treeiights/pine art, such a cute boy, <3

@Blue
MEAVE IS ADORABLE
I would absolutely love if she was friends with my fish paca Splish!

Have your tastes in character designs or species changed over the years? If so how? What are your current tastes if you have a specific taste?
Oh heck yes. When I first started collecting characters jellybean dragons were the thing and since they were wat got me interested in characters I like a lot of solid colors and bright designs. The biggest thing that's changed is that my tastes have expanded a ton, now I have such a wide variety of characters I can't even nail down what my taste in designs is anymore xD

In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?
Yeeeeah, my phases mostly were centered around certain closed species where I'd focus primarily on that one species. Ngl I still do this. Right now my species of interest is LoppyRae's Strudels on da.

Do you have a character with an unusual ability? If so, show them to us and tell us something about their power and how they got it!
My main character Guts is fire resistant, although he doesn't know it. He gets this ability in part due to a thin layer of a grease like substance that coats his fur to prevent the acidic components of his blood/skin/salvia from dissolving it.

Do your characters have an overall theme or common traits/colors
My characters are such a hodge podge there is definitely no common theme/palette. Sometimes I get a smidge jealous of the people whose THs are all neat and clean with one overarching color palette, but then I look at my motley crew and am super happy with the variety.

Do you have any specific goals for your characters?
Once again answering my own questions oops.
I have a few goals currently for Guts. I'm hoping to get him to 100 favorites, get him a piece of art by Sweet-n-Treat, and eventually get some kind of plush/figure of him!
I'd also like to make legit references for my Leafstorm designs because I adore them and they deserve it. So far I've done about 3 ref, with some touch ups needing to be made on 2 of them.

Code: Select all
[b]Do your characters have an overall theme or common traits/colors[/b]

[b]Do you have any specific goals for your characters?[/b]

I have gotten some awesome art/characters lately but for now I'm just going to show off my newest boy Vigil, designed by HiddenTape. They're also making him a reference sheet and and icon!

So far background wise I've decided he is an immortal living in South America, and was once a god to the Aztecs. He's lived so long that he remembers very little of his early life, he does miss the offers he used to get from worshipers though! xD
Now he mostly lazes around the jungle, occasionally messing with humans out of boredom. After so many centuries he's become very idle and sluggish, I'd love some ideas as to something that could get him off his butt and give him a purpose again.

I'd love to find him some friends/flings/enemies so hmu!!

I'm trying to get Guts to 100 favorites, so far he's at 81! I'd like to hit 100 by his gotcha day in December which I think is totally do able.

I'm also taking offers on some HQ One Offs and HQ CS here if anyone wanted to take a look. I honestly feel better about selling trading with people here since it means I'll hopefully get to see the character around.
My Deviantart
My Toyhouse
I am always happy to talk about my
characters, art, CS related things, etc
so if you need/want anything just pm me!

icon by GOD-LIKES-ME

Pet's name: Beefcake
Emris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 am

@lunamoth19. Two minds one body. They can also talk to each other mentally which is how they are able to usually function without fighting each other and act fairly normal
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 am

Ooh, people are chatting! It's been a long time since we've moved like this.
@~The Original Alice~ Ooh I like Nia! The combination of a feline head and face is vry interesting with the long, low body type.
@Paranoia Rouge is adorable! I really like that peachy palette offset by the minor blues. And I love all the new art bu especially the last one (the eyes are gorgeous)
@dragongoddest The two-headed dragon is awesome! Their colors and markings are just beautiful!
@peter parker those pastel colors are lovely and the somewhat abstract style works really well with the characters
@ reuxci eep, I love the little headshots, so cute! And the bouncy pixel boy is nice!
@MotherMother amazing animation! Also, are those scars on the dog or just markings?
@KenmilltoSky Fortress is beautiful, but sadly I don't remeber her. I joined Caaa and it was really busy and fast and no one ever reall took the time to pay attention to a newbie with junky characters so I can't relate to missing the community, but it does feel like there's a lot less connectivity
@MayaDaBanana I love tigers! They are so majestic! Yours gives me a bit of a mysterious vibe tho, maybe it's the mute palette with the bright blue eyes
@QueenNyra Nyra looks great! it's amazing you've had her for nine years
@Blue Android I understand about not feeling like people care sometimes. I've noticed that usually my post doesn't get commented if it's near the bottom of the page, meaning people usually only skim the page that they're already on to make comments on, not really caring about what they're commenting on. Love the paca btw, that species is just too cute and your one looks like an unbelievably happy little mermaid
@Emris heheh, Vigil sounds like a fun character, he's prtty cool looking too, the little wings by his front paws are quite unique. Also, gl on getting Guts to a hundred art pieces!

I don't beleive I ever showed off my Httyd Arpg dragon, Awnye or her rider, Neygavi!
Anwye is a Deadly Nadder, lines+design @ kiffel
Neygavi by me ^-^

Hmm, when I was first finding my feet I was all over the place, ferals mostly of all sorts, natural and not. I created them, bought them, adopted them. It was crazy.
Then I got deeply into adopted species, but I found that the owners sometimes put a lot of restrictions on the species and I ended up not really enjoying that a whole lot so I moved on to making my own characters from my stories and that's still really my main thing, but right now I'm getting really involved with Arpgs. I enjoy working with the characters to level up and build either a clan or a tribe or a flock.

Ooh, definitely, I used to go for any character that I found mildly interested, which landed me with a random group of characters that had zero connection to each other. I used to really want fantasy characters but found it really hard to connect with them. Now I really resonate with natural ferals and anthros, especially anthros with a meidiveal or just not modern theme

Do you have a character with an unusual ability? If so, show them to us and tell us something about their power and how they got it!
Oh, I have several, the most prominent being Shyshie and Coe
Shyshie is a selkie and by inherent traits she can sing certain songs that either heal people or put them to sleep. If she's wearing her coat she can shape-shift in the water into a seal.
She didn't always know about her powers as she isn't a pureblooded selkie. She discovered them when she found her great-grandmother's coat and ended up falling under the sway of the songs that several purebloods sang. After spending several weeks in a daze she wandered off and ended up meeting with the other selkies , who taught her to use her powers.
Stepstone can heal at a super accelerated rate and has slightly increased strength due to being bitten by a certain worm thingy. Unfortunately there were the side effects of a constant raised temperature resulting in painful headaches as well as drained energy. Also his eyes gleam red and orange whenever his powers kick in, just because.
Image both by me

Most of my main ones are anthros. And a lot of them tend to be brown since I'm not a very creative designer
I want to have references for all of them by the end of the year

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MightyNein » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:52 am

$12 Yena adopts!

by Machati

still some left! go and grab em!

@Emris - omg that palette and hair <3 super super cool!
@Blue Android - awwww, what a cute paca! the colors are so cute!
@MayaDaBanana - aaaaaaaaa *v* the colors of your new tiger oc are so good?? and I remember that hero puppy! such an adorable idea and again, great palette! his colors are so cool!
MightyNein

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DEADPlNE » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:36 pm

( pinebones ) ota adopts !!

[b]what got you into characters ?[/b]

[b]who was your first character ?[/b]

[b]do you have a fursona / mascot ? why or why not[/b]

personality wise, ive noticed that they all come off as the quiet and thoughtful type.
themes / colors, id say browns or white under-coat. its my weakness, I guess

I want them to improve and get their development. and move them to weebly lmao

I used to have a big taste in unnatural character but now I like natural designs a lot. im also branching from canines, as well. I really want a coyote, bear, badger, and opossum character.

what got you into characters ?
I joined a site back in 2014 ( i think ? ) where you had to have your own character. so I made one.

who was your first character ?
lunarain ( luna ). daughter of poseidon and a big mary sue.

do you have a fursona / mascot ? why or why not
I have one for representation matters, yet its not technically a "fursona"

@greenrose - god i wish i had that type of money sitting around
@emris - that character !!! the design !! dude I love them
@blue android - congrats on the sweets. those guys are hard to obtain so ik how happy you must be. retired hoarder here :')

I no longer play chickensmoothie as actively as before,
so messages will be slow.

I'm willing to trade my pets for art and /
or characters, in large offers. Just send me a mess-
age. I'm more than willing to clear them out.
DEADPlNE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gingy Tea » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 am

╔════════════════════════════════════════════╗
hello lovelies.

I wanted to show off my newest kia kid.
She is the daughter of my space babes,
Atlas Piccard Kepler and Aurora Vega Kepler.
She still needs a name (space themed) if anyone
has any suggestions?

I also got art of all my kias by Coaltassels on DA
The first image on each here

EDIT: I have characters for sale/trade here
Including this dog and a closed species.
I will be adding more as I weed through the
rest of my characters.

If you are interested, Please message me.

Responses wrote:@MayaDaBanana - Your new characters are cute! I love Zephyr.
@QueenNyra - Your Fursona looks amazing!
@Blue Android - I love your new paca and starsweets!
@Everyone Selling - Best wishes!!

-Peachy
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by Gingy Tea on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hello Lovelies!
Married to Easternwolf 10/29/2017
We trade unfairly at times.
Please do not ban us!
x

Charles Bukowski wrote:
.“Understand me.
I'm not like an ordinary world.
I have my madness,
I live in another dimension
And I do not have time for things
That have no soul."

xxxxx
xxxxxxxxImagexxxImagexx.xImage xx Image
Gingy Tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger-bytes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:44 am

HECK I love these questions
@QueenNyra- First of all I freaking love your wiggle icon aaah ;v; The character in it is super pretty ;v; Second, I want to be more active but I have a hard time participating in something I'd have to actively check, especially since I'm not that active within Chickensmoothie as a whole much xD
@Blue Android- You should get a tiger! They are my favorite animal x3 And OMG that paca is unbelievably cute waah ;v; AND YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GOT THAT SNAP CONGRATS!
@Emris- //gently paps the tiger, tis a good tiger
@TheSongOfTheStars- Neygavi is so cute! And Anwye is wicked cool! ;v;
@Peachy Tea- That Kia is gorgeous!
@pinebones- Those adopts are cool! Good luck with selling ;v;

what got you into characters ?
I got into characters at the wee young age of like 13. I was on a site called Ovipets where a lot of older kids were making art and drawing all these cool wolf oc's and I had some friends involved as well and I was like "Woah that's so cool I wanna do that too!" So I did what any sensible person did, I got on Dolldivine and I made a Wyndbain Wolf and then I showed it to my friend and they said "I'm gonna fix some things" so then they came back with this character and the rest is 100% history aha
TL;DR: Boonana jumped on a bandwagon

who was your first character ?
Amaryllis was! She was a mess xD

do you have a fursona / mascot ? why or why not
I do actually! Currently her name is Maya

I'm slowly compiling all my past fursonas and their renditions here but I no longer own a few of them. Maya is currently my Mascot. I have a hard time personally making a "fursona" like others do because I don't think I would ever 100% settle on a design. Mascots are easier for me because they don't have to be me. They can just represent me! Which is easier in my opinion aha

Soft creams/browns mostly, and tigers, lots of tigers.

My main goal for all of my characters is to have at least ONE fullbody transparent image of them (Shaded or naw but I prefer shaded)
Ideally I would like to have all info written on my toyhou.se as well but I don't always do that well but it'd be nice to have all my characters developed ;v;
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Error » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Username: Error
    Most recently obtained character: a kalon kit by the name of Antique.
    Favorite character that you own: Aurous is my favorite kalon and Bumble and Chill are my favorite not-kalons
    How many characters do you own?: Kalons: 27. Other: ??? who knows, probably more than 100 OCs by now.
    Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Yep.
    membership form

I joined this group awhile ago, in the last version. While I was accepted, I don't think I was ever added to the list of members? So, I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a form again. Since it has been quite a long while since I last posted here.

Replies:
      @MayaDaBanana - Maya is a super cute mascot! I really love that drawing of her. It's super adorable. Also I wish you the best in reaching your goal. I've given up on getting any art of my characters done for now. ^^;
      @Peachy Tea - What a beautiful kia! Here are some name suggestions?
      Saros - as in a Saros Cycle (a cycle used to predict eclipses)
      Callisto - name of the third largest moon
      Astrid
      Ariel - another name of a moon
      Lyra - a harp-like constellation
      Estella - a name that means "star"
      @pinebones - I love your username. Also those adopts are beautiful!
      @GreenRose - Those are all amazing ;~; I really wish I had more money now
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 am

I'm still taking offers on all my characters on toyhouse here:
https://toyhou.se/Violenca/characters/folder:unsorted

Also my Base I commissioned from wolfprincess on Da Arrived <3
I'm taking color ins for those !
Examples: Toni and Uranium <3
Image Image
Just follow the link here <3

And i'm looking for Autumnal-Husky Designs /Characters !
Message me here or on my Deviantart if you have some/one for sale <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Charatcers:
Isla <3 My propably Last Esk for some time now <3 Design Idea by me, The drawing is my AnimeLolwut1470 on Da <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Art:
*cough* hopped on the chibi train of the awesome ancarie-bluewolf <3
Featuring from left to right:
Mercutio, Gio, Blino, Struppi, Toni, Kilian, Martha, Beau, Itward and Isla <3
@Green: All your designs are so vabulous <3 Good luck selling em !
@pine: also good luck to you in selling your designs (i might offer on one <3)
@peach: congrats on getting another kia owo what a lovely <3
@maya: your sona is so cute ! I don't know many tiger sonas :3
@Error: welcome back to the club <3

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me