❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby arabella !! » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:43 am

parapluie wrote:
if you could recieve any plant in the world, what would you want?

A wisteria!! They are just gorgeous ;w;

-

My flowers are done, they came out pretty good for my first time pressing. (Excuse my messy handwriting)

http://tinypic.com/r/29atjeh/9
http://tinypic.com/r/v4w6km/9

They look amazing!

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 am

wenom wrote:
welcome JJ; i had to search for night sky petunias as i hadn't heard of them before, but they are stunning <3
gardening and plants are a big, and very important part of my life, so I know what you mean, I only really
began collecting plants over the last few years too but i always used to garden with my dad when i was
younger.

I hadn't even thought of the end of season sales, that's a brilliant idea haha; my nearest garden center is a 10
minute walk away so I might go visit if they're still open. I really wish there were a nursery near me so in
spring I could get some new babies!

Trees definitely count!! And... I think I may want a rainbow eucalyptus now... I looove sakura; we have a tiny tree related to cherry blossoms in our garden and it's so sweet. Haha dragonblood trees look very tolkien imo.

I'd say try again, if you can! I'd love a lemon tree but I have seriously 0 clue how to begin one, and I've never tried growing from seed so that would terrify me.

Honestly all I did was collect some lemon seeds from store bought lemons, soak them for a day or so, and then stick (a lot, like 20ish) into some soil. From the 20ish that I planted, a bunch sprouted, but only 3 grew up to be about 3 inches high. And after that one kept growing while the other 2 didnt and I later found out those 2 barely had any roots. And the one that survived out of those, only lasted.. 2 or 3 years I think?

I'm worried I'd get the same kind of problem with pests, though, as I still dont know how to deal with that specific kind. And I'd feel relly bad putting them trough something like that again.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:08 am

Cataclasm wrote:Honestly all I did was collect some lemon seeds from store bought lemons, soak them for a day or so, and then stick (a lot, like 20ish) into some soil. From the 20ish that I planted, a bunch sprouted, but only 3 grew up to be about 3 inches high. And after that one kept growing while the other 2 didnt and I later found out those 2 barely had any roots. And the one that survived out of those, only lasted.. 2 or 3 years I think?

I'm worried I'd get the same kind of problem with pests, though, as I still dont know how to deal with that specific kind. And I'd feel relly bad putting them trough something like that again.

If I remember I might try this in spring!
Do you remember what the pests looked like?
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:20 am

wenom wrote:
Cataclasm wrote:Honestly all I did was collect some lemon seeds from store bought lemons, soak them for a day or so, and then stick (a lot, like 20ish) into some soil. From the 20ish that I planted, a bunch sprouted, but only 3 grew up to be about 3 inches high. And after that one kept growing while the other 2 didnt and I later found out those 2 barely had any roots. And the one that survived out of those, only lasted.. 2 or 3 years I think?

If I remember I might try this in spring!
Do you remember what the pests looked like?

From what I remember, they looked like tiny (black?) dots over the underside of the leaves and near the stems. I kept washing them off, but they always kept coming back. I looked for solutions, but they were all in english so most of the ingredients they talked about were stuff I didn't recognize or didn't know where to find. And in the end the leaves had turned really pale and yellowish before falling off, so I kind of suspect the soil wasn't right with the nutrients they need. I didn't use any special kind of soil for them, though I probably should have (but idk where to get that either).
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slugitty » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:24 am

wenom wrote:
parapluie wrote:snip

hehe im glad you agree

and omg! i love them so much!!
they look amazing; im definitely gonna try pressing now!
(your handwriting is so cute i love it)

Thank you! Hope it goes well for you!
(Aww, thanks.)

smofir. wrote:
parapluie wrote:
snip

They look amazing!

thank you <3
𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐊𝐘 ───➤➤
▐▐│ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
▐▐│ 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐
Slugs | They/Them | 20
└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐

> Fursuiter
> Artist
> Suitmaker
> BNA
> Warriors
> Del Toro
> Ghibli

└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ
𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒
➤➤➤➤➤
Slugitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 pm

@zan
        I don't know if washing them off would have made a difference unfortunately; it likely would end up leaving them at higher risk of developing a fungus. The chances are that there's very little you could have done in your situation, don't blame yourself! <3

I imagine that the vast majority of fruit trees don't make it to adulthood; i mean, you did say that out of 20+ seeds, only 1 survived.
        I found this article on Lemon tree pests: here; yours may not be on this list? But it could be useful anyway. I'd personally never heard of 'oil sprays' but they kinda do make sense.

It seems that Lemon Trees aren't too fussy about their soil; as long as it has good drainage. Although it seems they do grow best in sandy soil!

@pluie
        hehe thank you! I'm gonna try find a flower to press today! ^u^
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 am

Sadly I havent heard of mny of the things they mention, but we do hve ladybugs and onions/garlic, so I could check how effective that would be, as aphids do look a lot like what I had.
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:43 am

Cataclasm wrote:Sadly I havent heard of mny of the things they mention, but we do hve ladybugs and onions/garlic, so I could check how effective that would be, as aphids do look a lot like what I had.

Aphids are nasty!! They eat my roses! I think next spring/summer I'm gonna try keep the aphids away with some of the tricks they mention.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:54 am

OMG, yes FINALLY! c:
Username: Klain
Nickname{s}: -
Favourite plant: cactus
i love plants
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:26 am

Welcome Klain, do you have a favourite cacti?
(I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't choose; i love them all too!)

My personal favourite are prickly pears <3
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me