Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby loves, » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Aaaa I've neglected cs a lot for the past few days because of school and whatnot ;w; thank you so much to those who responded to me for my last sig, I've noticed that I did get skipped (which I am not angry at anyone about; the past is in the past, and it's easy to forget to respond to someone sometimes ^^") so thank you lots <33 I will try and respond to people from the last page forward (804-805). If I forgot you, please feel free to pm me!

@ kaplantai - your signature is very pleasing to look at! I love the dulled pinks and greys, they look so so nice together and I like that the flowers also have a little bit of pink in them to match the color scheme as well. The quote is a tad bit confusing to read considering how it's spread but the layout in general is quite nice!

@ G0LDST4R - I like the layout of your thread! And congrats ^^ I like the organization in your thread, the info is pretty easy to find. Maybe try using more closed boxes (like something like ┌────┐ for example) to maybe put more definition on where the info is. Your adopts look really neat!

@ Greenleaf - welcome!! :>

@ Chemicello - aa it looks so cute! I like the overall aesthetic and the choices of purple. The info is very easy to see even though there are no boxes or anything to separate it from the quote. I also like the little dingbat you used. I think maybe next time you could make the quote the same color so it's easier to sorta piece together, but if you want to still switch between two colors maybe make some choice words different! As for pricing I can't really determine an accurate price (as I don't have a sig shop and have no knowledge of pricing) but maybe some wishlist pets or some uncommons? <:0
--
@ Zey - I think it is getting better since the new rule, I really like the rule you added since it allows more people to have the opportunity to ask for a rating and get rated by different people instead of the same person.

sedition wrote:what is your favourite colour scheme to work with?

ahh, that's so hard to say ;w; almost any color combo can look really nice when done correctly, and so it really depends. I really do like working with yellows and blues, however - especially blue + purple! Honestly I'd love to work with pastel/lighter colors a little more, but I usually base the colors of my sig around the images I use, and they haven't been very pastel-like yet so I haven't really had the chance. (but one day I will!! one day)
You must be homesick.
loves: infp, lawful neutral
loves,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i have 10 toes » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:13 pm

i know the main subject here is coding, but that's bbl coding. can i post the website i am coding?
http://shikihatemail.tumblr.com

Zetirian wrote:I've noticed that it's been a bit dead here. But also where this thread has gone in direction. Sans the last few posts, it's turned into a comment and criticism thread where you ask for opinions on your signature and then get answers, similar to the Plumie fanclub or Viscet fanclub. Which is fine I guess but it kills the community vibe into oblivion and back. Criticism which is unbias in the form where everyone is more welcome can be get from Sig Criticism while Praise can be get from Sig respect. I kind of want to try and encourage the use of these threads so discussion can take place here. (Admittedly I am someone also responsible for driving away discussion, which I apologize for. I am a stupid idiot sometimes and this is one of those times)

So to liven things up a little, please feel free to ask for advice and stuff! Share techniques, create more than anything. The more people in the fanclub sharing ideas and knowledge the happier this place will be.

A good start to this is the Rate Signature Thread. I love to hear some feedback in regards to how it operates currently since the new rule so I know where it is at community wise. If anything I apologize for not asking this sooner, unfortunately life can be funny IRL.

bias is a type of opinion. even if it's rude, bias still forms whether or not someones likes or dislikes something
let's just say this:
i made a signature with an image of joseph stalin. people have bias against him.
of course, making a signature of joseph stalin would be disgusting so the bias is good
bias isnt good or bad

[quote="Chemicello

Okay, I just finished a sig commission, can i have opinions/critique?
here
Also, how much would you guys charge for a sig like that? I want to know if im undercharging lol half the time I do them for free tbh
[/i][/size][/quote]
i like the layout. the crystals really bring out the colours. the font on the bottom is also quite nice.
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
╔══════════════════════╗

my name is molly and i love dedue. tifa is cool.

╚══════════════════════╝
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
████████
i have 10 toes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .chariot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Username:
        Arlo,,

Name/Nickname[s]:
        Arlo / Bre / Brezzie

Pronouns:
        She/Her

Do you have an signature shop?:
        Yup! x

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        Just the fun of making something that can be appreciated by other users and yourself. It's like a token of happiness when you've achieved something you never thought you would, I guess.

When did you begin making signatures?:
        Hmm, let me see... I would have to say the beginning of 2016 ^^;

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        I'm female, I live in the amazing, (yet stereotypically) deadly Australia. I'm learning different coding methods and designs for my signature shop and for other websites (Transformice & Flight Riding). Luckily they're pretty much the same, just different commands and such ^^; I'm always open to suggestions and ideas for my signature shop to improve it ^^

Irisid, I'd like to sign up!
─────────────────────────
she/her | sag | flexible writer
aest | bub | iso sux | mood: sick of it
.chariot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 pm

@arlo;; welcome
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 pm

@i have 10 toes.
True about the bias stuff. I was more or less referring to how a common user on CS feels well... More welcome to post on those threads rather than this one, which is pretty much sad to state, but true as well. But I do see what you mean.

@ Arlo, Ayyye, another Aussie in the ranks, welcome! It's been a scorcher hasn't it?
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yinsum » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:39 pm

sdfghhjk hi i❜m back if anyone remembers me --

@zetirian = i mean, if i❜m getting this correctly - it may just be people being too shy to join, and to be completely honest, i❜m still not really sure what to post on here other than commentary tbh ==❜ questions used to work to stir up conversation, and maybe we could cut back on asking for comments too often? i❜m honestly not sure what❜s happening here so forgive me

@arlo = welcome to the club !! :)

short responses since i have to go do hw rip

@kaplantai = looks nice !! i like the overlay on the left (??) side ~ it❜s a little broken on my screen (no worries, this computer is just really sucky) but from what i can see, i like it! the bg flowers are a little dull imo, compared to mirai... i also love your font choices !

@goldstar = hnngh, i❜m loving it alot! the font choice for the title is v v nice and somehow just fits, plus the art is super cute <3 i might add a bit of color tho ?? like, shades of purple for, like, the borders and stuff :,)

ookay pm me if i missed you !! i hope i can be more active on cs tbh
      also coder❜s block is reeeally messing me up and lmao this crappy signature is all i can come up with
      h e l p
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .chariot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:02 pm

@sedition / @iinsomnia
Thank you kindly ;w;

@Zetirian
You're telling me, hopefully the heat here has died down. Time for hot chocolates and baggy jumpers -w-
she/her | sag | flexible writer
aest | bub | iso sux | mood: sick of it
.chariot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mucrospirifer . » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

ey welcome back iinsomnia + welcome arlo + rip i realize i've been accidentally skipping over some posts i'm sorry if i've missed someone on this round too ;n;

re: iinsomia's point; yeah actually i just realized i tend to feel pressure to make b i g posts rather than casual conversation here? and that seems to tie into what zey's saying about how the 'common user' usually doesn't post here that much even though the thread is generally welcoming / has no member list / etc

//

also, would anyone be interested in a friendly exercise/challenge/competition?
    if it's ok with zetirian & co. i think it'd be fun to challenge everyone to make a sig in a style they don't usually use - however y'all want to interpret that! could be totally different than usual, or just trying out a code technique you've been avoiding, or if you're lacking ideas, making a sig inspired by someone else? obviously don't outright copy other people, but maybe try to figure out how they did that r e a l l y c o o l thing?

'cause i know i've been avoiding some things that would be good to grapple with eventually :0

i can't offer a ton by way of prizes, but i have some stuff sitting in my trade group that's been there for years that i could part with. if i get the o.k. i can make a more formal post? but lmao i don't want to do it if it's not allowed or if there's no interest
    I   K E E P  ──────
    FIGHTING
    ──────────────

─────────────────
    jay | he/they | bored
    send me song recs
    and
    sig requests ?
    ─────────────────

──────────────────────  T H E S E
mucrospirifer .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moriarty, » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

@mucrospirifer - that sounds so cool! i should really work with transparent
      images and stuff more, so this sounds like the perfect opportunity for me too!
      im totally on board for that competition!! :)
ARTEMIS
heyo! arty here
getting back int
o cs and the co
ding world! love
you all! feel fre
to pm me anyti
me! uwu uwu

└─────
━━━━━ oh,
moriarty,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yinsum » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:46 am

actually, another competition like the one zey held a bit ago might be fun :❜❜}
      i think another one of those might be nice, but maybe with themes and sub-contests or something? like, best monochrome signature for example...
      i have a few pets that i don❜t really need so i can donate or smth
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me