Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Postby off the hook » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm

I honestly cannot stop coding new signatures for myself after 2+ weeks of having an old one unless I really like it. For some reason, coding just makes me more relaxed? (even when it's frustrating??) I know my signatures are sort of similar or have the same layout, but I don't really mind it! I'd like some feedback on it (pming it would be great)!

replies ;;
@aleksandrov ;; welcome!!
@alleyoop ;; it's adorable! very simple and very cute!
@October; ;; wow, it's very cool! i love the theme and everything!

"don't get cooked..."
    くコ:彡—————————

hey hey, call me ksusha!
    i'm a computer animator
    and professional when it
    comes to procrastinating

—————————C:。ミ
    "...stay off the hook!"
off the hook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby Goostarion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:09 am

I am currently on mobile and can't reply to signatures at all as a whole unfortunately. At the same time I am just gonna bop a question here because man the strain of keeping up with signatures is abeaut'

What is the happiest signature moment you have experienced?

This could be anything, from complements to signature improvements to overall creation
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the branch chief's in the house

Postby cainhurst » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 am

*swoops in* -> only replying to users asking for feedback on the last page 'cause i'm tired, sorry vuv;

@izuku: i think your signature looks very nice! the black and white theme suits the overall theme/feeling you chose to go with. the quote is short(-ish) and sweet, easy to follow, and i adore the fonts you went with, they're easy to read, yet pretty nonetheless. the birds are a very nice touch and look lovely; you managed to add them in all the right places and without making it all seem too bus and crowded. you arranged the text nicely, used borders and symbols nicely to separate them in a logical, efficient and aesthetically pleasing way. honestly, i don't see anything i'd personally change about it. c:

@ardently: i like it! the theme feels very refreshing, and the colour scheme, the pictures you used and the quote all go well with it. the layout is neat and well organized, and the quote is readable and fairly easy to follow. i like how you used the partially open box to both separate and connect the two main parts of the signature at the same time. the ocean pictures look a tad blurry to me, but maybe that's just my eyes. the white boarder around the pictures look nice though, despite the fact that it's usually not my style. one thing that bothers me a bit is that the light grey text ("could sail our sad" and "forever" is almost a bit too light for me to read against the CS background, but other than that, it's very lovely! c:

@bunsbunsbuns: to start things off, the colour scheme really appeals to me; the soft shades of purple and the darker green look lovely together. the quote is very nice and fits right in with the colour scheme, the font is easy to read and doesn't look out of place either. the black arrow is a nice contrast, but doesn't stick out too much for it to seem awkward. i love how you used symbols around the "like you always do" part, it looks really nice! the picture itself is very nicely cut and arranged, it also separates the text parts nicely and doesn't make it seem cluttered (although i think that the pictures are the tiniest bit blurry too, but once again, maybe that's my eyes). the link text is a bit small i say as i use small font in my signature myself, and maybe colouring the link text in the same shade of purple would also make them fit into the signature? and... that's it, really. good job! c:

@october; the black & blue colour scheme is really nice, the colours compliment each other. the quote is easy to follow, the fonts look nice and the way you used both pictures and symbols to divide the text (both your link/bio and quote text) is great. the gifs are of nice quality and make your signature seem more lively (in a good way obviously). maybe try centering the whole thing a bit more? it looks good like this, but having it centered might also look nice, i dunno. but you did great!

@aleksandrov: hey there, welcome! enjoy your stay! c:

@alleyoop: it's very nice and simple, and simple is totally my style as of late! you used the symbols very well to create a nice looking boarder (especially with the solid line being broken up by the arrows), and i adore the grey/blue colour scheme of said boarder. i think you coloured the links? if yes, it's always nice to see that bit of "extra effort"! the little pixel art is adorable and high quality, and despite not being the same grey/blue, it looks very nice and actually draws attention to your signature very well. nicely done! c:

@oxy. oh, i like how you used the pictures to create a "box" around the text, that's pretty unique! although, to be honest, i probably wouldn't have added the top picture, and instead just the split gif & two brown borders, but it looks really nice this way too! the grey symbols look nice with the mostly brown theme of the signature, and it also helps lighten up the black text a bit. the text itself is also nicely divided into different "topics", which helps to make it look more organized and neat. maybe try centering it though? still, it's a lovely signature and you should be proud of it! c:

everyone should be proud of their signatures, by the way! you all do such lovely jobs and it's always nice to see what y'all can come up with and create, so don't stop! <3

my browser just froze and i nearly had a heart attack, don't you dare erase all of my hard work

---

honestly, every time someone complimented my coding/signature! it always makes me smile when people say they like it. it doesn't even have to be a detailed "oh, i love this and that", just a simple "hey, i really like your sig" makes my day already and makes all of the frustration worth it.

well, if i'm already talking about my own coding stuff... i haven't been feeling coding lately. i can do simple things, but anything complex makes me want to throw myself off of a bridge.

the worst part is i wanted to kinda start a free coding shop to motivate/force myself to make at least one signature a month? like, it would have been interactive in a way - me providing different topics and letting other users choose the month's theme in a poll, you know? i tried coding the thread today, i even have inspiration for the song lyrics & character i was going to use, but that obviously didn't work out. *sighs into oblivion* hope you guys aren't stuck in "no coding hell" like me though c':
- cyril/sylver ✦ they/he ✦ adult ✦ infj-t ✦ 4w5 so/sp (451 tritype) -
"my boyfriend said he'd still love me if i was a brain-eating amoeba, i win!"
writer, gamer, roleplayer, parent to six guinea pigs, and local kabru enjoyer.
my interests include TES, V:TM, D&D, cosmic horror, reading, & philosophy.
───────── avatar art credit to @DearHeartsWish on twitter ─────────

Image Image Image Image Image
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

signing off: a signature fanclub

Postby roman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 am

hello everyone! I'm romanov, but I suppose you can just call me roman or arden.
    this is my first actual post here ho boy here it comes so I'm sorry if the replies are short ^^;
    sorry if I miss you, I promise it was an accident uwu

moriarty ooh I love your signature a ton !! I'm not a huge fan of dan and phil, but I really love the layout and quotes
    and things you included. it has just enough images to not look empty, but it's not busy either! the image in the bottom right
    is just the slightest bit blurry, but all in all, it's a really fantastic sig <3

alleyoop I'm a huge sucker for simplistic signatures, and I really enjoy the colors and layout in this one. the deer
    image could be different (for my specific tastes) since it doesn't really match the colors or the vibe I get from it, but other
    than that, I really enjoy looking at it.

.kaede I really love the color scheme you chose. yes, it's (blue)gray and black, but it looks really nice with the
    images you chose. I think the crossed out "like you're" on the far right is a little bit distracting, and wow there are a lot of
    "when you"'s. other than those few little things, the layout, colors, images, and quote all fit really nicely together ^^

neko.. the images are so adorable, and the pops of color are in just the right places. I really love the quote you used
    :p as I mentioned before, I really love simple signatures, and yours is just the right amount of images and text. the one thing
    that puts me off a little bit, is all the the heart symbols scattered around. personally, I would keep the line next to the far
    right image, but I'd change the rest to nothing at all or some other type of spacer <3

kuri, another simple signature that I just adore. blue is one of my absolute favorite color schemes to work with, and I
    love the image and quote. it's definitely "right to the point" as some may say, and it's quite aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

arts okay, that has to be the most amazing work in progress I have ever laid eyes on. it's already very pleasing to the
    eye, and the layout (though incomplete) is looking really great. keep up the awesome work !!

kaplantai I'm normally not one for pink themes, but this signature pulls it off nicely. the image on the far right is a tad
    blurry, but besides that, all the images look very nice. I love how your signature isn't cluttered, but it has enough in it to not
    be 100% empty. I really like the layout, and it just all fits together very nicely.

izuku some people just cannot pull of a monochromatic theme, and I must say that you aren't one of them. I love the
    images and quote, and it just pieces together for a beautiful whole <3 personally, I don't think your popularity has anything to
    do with your skill as a coder. your code looks beautiful whether ten thousand people see it, or just ten.

ardently I love your coding. it is always very nicely done. this signature is no different. it bothers my ocd a little bit that
    the "I" in "i wish we" is lowercase, but the rest of the signature is flawless. the colors, quote, and images flow
    (ahahahah get it?) together so smoothly I just can't help but be jealous. keep it up my friend!

bunsbunsbuns I really love the purple theme. it's not one I see around much, and I really enjoy how you've pieced it all
    together. when I first saw your signature, I thought it was one whole image. superb image cutting skills my friend! I'm very
    impressed with how it all melds together to create one gorgeous signature.

october; the color scheme. just wow. I really love the soft blues you used, and the images match it perfectly. it's simple,
    pleasing, and just a sig that I love all around. the quote is a little hard to follow, but that's probably just me heh. it
    has got to be my favorite signature from you so far!

oxy. the images are super cute, though I gotta say that it seems a little repetitive to have the same scene depicted for
    both images. besides that, I love the colors! they aren't some I see very often, and it makes your signature stand out. it's super
    simple, and really cute ^^

zetirian orange has never been my color, especially neon orange. I really love the layout and the font choices, along with
    all the images you chose! it has just the right amount of everything I think. the whole thing just looks awesome together, keep
    it up!

branch chief faba I normally don't enjoy a exclusively green theme, but this signature is really amazing. it has just the
    right shade of green to look nice, and the layout is really simple but looks really nice. all the images are really pleasing, and
    your signature is all around amazing <3

what is the happiest signature moment you have experienced?
    I think the happiest I've been with my signature is when my friends all tell me it looks amazing. it really makes me feel good
    about myself and the work I do, and it's really awesome to know that their are people who care enough to say something
    as simple as "nice job on your signature". it really makes the frustration worthwhile.
xxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

xxxxxxxxx
( VENI, VIDI, AMAVI.)
i came, i saw, i loved

roman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pink?pink. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:16 pm

@izuku;; oh deary me you are not a beginner! that is gorgeous, the monochrome gives it an
      unstunted flow and that transparency work is definitely something to be proud of with no
      rough edges or spots. very nice indeed!!!!

@ardently;; the blues you chose are gorgeous. bright blues can sometimes be invasive which
      is why the calm and "heavy" blue i feel are more elegant and have more emotion. it totally
      fits on my screen with no issues! {using chrome on HP laptop}

@BunsBunsBuns;; I love how you chose to cute the picture so it all fits together allowing text
      to fill the center. i would suggest you center the entire signature itself so it is squished but i
      really do like this one <3

@.kaede;; i'd say you are on the higher end of intermediate but i as well am not sure of my
      coding status so i will say no more <3

@October; ;; i adore your signature due to the fact that it is very stimulating and does bore me.
      it's like i don't want to look away, the darker blues are lovely and overall everything compliments
      each other very nicely!

@alleyoop;; i love how the gifs don't have a delay and that quote is something my mother says to
      me therefore it is also dear to my heart. the fonts also look very nice together and everything
      flows together to create a nice, neat signature! c:

@oxy.;; this sig is very lovely! the muted colors don't distract from the text or the images and it
      really is a simple, put-together piece of coding.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

oh my ^ o ^ , good question. i think the happiest moment might be when my customers
      at my free shop tell me that the products they receive are really beautiful. to me that
      is the whole point i do it, to please others. {that and coding is hella fun}

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

oh, and one more thing...
      is there anything you guys think i should improve on specifically? give to me straight man
𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛
𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎,

────────
feminist, INFJ,
vegan, she/her,
leo, adult

────────

███████████████████
┌──────────────────┐
hi! i'm pink and i love hiking, doing
crafts, reading, & cooking! i love to
make friends so pm me anytime <3

└──────────────────┘
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍
𝚜 𝚝 𝚊 𝚢 . . .

pink?pink.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⱠɎⱤ₳Ɽ₳-FIRE6832 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:41 pm

*stares and admires everyone's amazingly well coded signature, then looks at mine* WeLl, tHiS iS fINe. But srsly tho, any tips on how to create well layouts?

YOU CAN
┏──────────────────────────┓
Wow this siggy took forever to edit XD
I use Imgur, Photoscape, 1001Fonts, Mega
CoolText to do this c: Template belongs to
the person credited in the link section! I
just simply edited it a little here and there.

┖──────────────────────────┚
ImageImagex.Image Image

┏───────────────────────┓
credit | theme song | pre-made siggys
┖───────────────────────┚
YOU CAN
Image Image

ⱠɎⱤ₳Ɽ₳-FIRE6832

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 am

ᎪᏞᎬuᏒᎥss wrote:
*stares and admires everyone's amazingly well coded signature, then looks at mine* WeLl, tHiS iS fINe. But srsly tho, any tips on how to create well layouts?

Draw them out on a sheet of paper.
I'd grab any quotes/pics you want and lay them out,
Then see if that's something you can make happen.

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a short branch chief post again

Postby cainhurst » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 am

@romanov, ah, thank you so much! ;w; i'm usually not a big green fan myself, but the character doesn't really go well with any different colours in my opinion, so i had to go with that while trying not to make it an utterly hideous, eye burning shade of toxic green.

@neko..: there's not much i can see wrong with your current signature (other than the fac that you technically spelled slightly "sligghtly", there's two g's there. i like simpler signature styles and prefer them to overly complex stuff most of the time, so it'd feel wrong to criticize your current style 'cause i really like it c:

@ᎪᏞᎬuᏒᎥss: most of it is trial and error honestly. experiment and try new things! get inspiration from other users, maybe check out signature threads, or use some pre-made layouts to get a feel for how they need to be arranged. the first step is always to just go ahead and try it. c:
- cyril/sylver ✦ they/he ✦ adult ✦ infj-t ✦ 4w5 so/sp (451 tritype) -
"my boyfriend said he'd still love me if i was a brain-eating amoeba, i win!"
writer, gamer, roleplayer, parent to six guinea pigs, and local kabru enjoyer.
my interests include TES, V:TM, D&D, cosmic horror, reading, & philosophy.
───────── avatar art credit to @DearHeartsWish on twitter ─────────

Image Image Image Image Image
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scxr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 pm

x
Last edited by scxr on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
[ 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍 | 𝗌𝗁𝖾/𝗁𝖾𝗋 | 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗉 | 𝖼𝖺𝗉𝗋𝗂𝖼𝗈𝗋𝗇 | 𝗉𝗈𝖾𝗍 | | 𝖻𝗅𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗅𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗌 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 ]
─────────[ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘱 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘱 ]──────────
scxr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:21 pm

@ Ale (I'm not sure what your preferred nickname is ggomen) ; aside from what's already been mentioned, a good challenge/method is to go into MS Paint and use the rectangle tool to randomly draw (non-overlapping) boxes. From there you can loosely follow the boxes for a layout. Obviously the BBCode doesn't always work out 100% or other changes must be made, but it's a good starting point when you've hit creative rock bottom.
┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┤

ImageImagex xImage
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

( HEY SENSEI
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
lesbian / scorpio / intp
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━