Doctor Who Fanclub!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Doctor Who Fanclub!

Postby winter solstice. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi! My name is winter solstice. . I want to join!

My favorite doctor is: 10th
      My favorite companion is: gotta say Donna
      My favorite episode is: Human Nature/Family of Blood (biased since I started Doctor Who with the episodes)
      I have watched up to: officially Husbands of River Song, but I have watched some others purely out of curiosity (including the one before the Fall of the Doctor and Fall of the Doctor) (': I am completely unaware of #13 oof
      And finally, I am from South Korea (UTC/CS time + 9 hours)
      I have read the rules and promise to follow them.

Code: Nibblybibbles.
Hello, I'm winter! Hope you have a great day or night wherever you live~!

Winter / Fairy / Gale
Formerly FairyCharmed
She/Her - Korea - UTC+9hrs.
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretleaf » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:02 am

Schuyler wrote:Did you hear, though, they're going on yet another year-long break and airing Season 12 sometime in 2020. I'm honestly starting to worry about the future of the show if this becomes the standard. No doubt the serious fans will stick with it and keep the fandom alive like they've been doing for 55 years now, but I could see more casual viewers giving up or losing interest if they have to keep waiting through entire years with nothing happening, along with these erratic and unpredictable release dates. >~<

honestly these are my concerns too!! >_< especially with a new doctor, It does well to have a couple seasons under their belt to really cement the character...I think having a gap year too early is a bit risky! Luckily though if the S11 starts in January I think there’s only really a three month delay! :3

Asking around and checking reviews online, this seasons definitely had a lot of lukewarm reviews...I guess for me and a lot of people I’ve spoken to, this season is....okay?? Which is fine and I’ll definitely be watching next year but if casual viewers have that same sort of opinion I’m worried that just being ‘okay’ wont be enough to reel them in next season..especially now that there’s a gap year T^T
ferretleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 am

sugarize wrote:Luckily though if the S11 starts in January I think there’s only really a three month delay! :3

Yeah, that's true. Still means over 12 months with no new episodes (unless there's going to be a Christmas special this year? Don't know if there's been any news on that yet), but I guess the "20" kind of makes it seem like a longer delay than it actually is. Hopefully "early 2020" does mean January or February and not just sometime in the first half of the year or whatever. ^^'

Any thoughts on the New Year's special, those of you who have seen it? Totally did not see that coming. :O I thought it was fantastic!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretleaf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 am

Schuyler wrote:
sugarize wrote:Luckily though if the S11 starts in January I think there’s only really a three month delay! :3

Yeah, that's true. Still means over 12 months with no new episodes (unless there's going to be a Christmas special this year? Don't know if there's been any news on that yet)

gosh i hope so!! ;o; Theres been some speculation on a new spinoff maybe? im not getting my hopes up but if it were true, i vote for a Clara spinoff :3c
Any thoughts on the New Year's special, those of you who have seen it? Totally did not see that coming. :O I thought it was fantastic!

way better that the finale imo! i love a good dalek
extra points for the parallel between the doctor building the sonic and the dalek building itself!
ferretleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imaqtpie » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 am

hello everyone. this is a bit of an off-color post for here but I was just wondering if anyone else REALLY didn't enjoy the most recent season, I've been watching Doctor Who for the better part of 15 years now (My granddad got me into it in 05, he still watches it with me every now and then!) but I really don't feel like I'm watching the same show anymore and it's kinda sad, I still rewatch the old episodes to keep my love for the show alive but the most recent season absolutely didn't go down too well with me, and I've felt like the show hasn't been what I loved since about halfway through Capaldi's run.

Maybe I'm nostalgic and just miss the old stuff. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same!
ESTP-A | true neutral | adult | united kingdom | male he/him | cs boomer

i ain't even that old, dawg.

hello im "qt" or "qtpie" please use whichever you feel like, i've been around here for a while.
imaqtpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GerardWaySass » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi! My name is GerardWaySass. I want to join!

My favorite doctor is: 11/Matt Smith

My favorite companion is: Amy Pond

My favorite episode is: I'm totally blanking on the name, but it's the one with the evil sentient snow.

I have watched up to: The 9th Doctor's episodes - the 11th Doctor's episodes, some of 12, and Jodie's first episode.

And finally, I am from America

I have read the rules and promise to follow them.

Code: Nibblybibbles.
"Eren...please stop swinging that mop around like an imbecile."
GerardWaySass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretleaf » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:46 am

imaqtpie wrote:
hello everyone. this is a bit of an off-color post for here but I was just wondering if anyone else REALLY didn't enjoy the most recent season, I've been watching Doctor Who for the better part of 15 years now (My granddad got me into it in 05, he still watches it with me every now and then!) but I really don't feel like I'm watching the same show anymore and it's kinda sad, I still rewatch the old episodes to keep my love for the show alive but the most recent season absolutely didn't go down too well with me, and I've felt like the show hasn't been what I loved since about halfway through Capaldi's run.

Maybe I'm nostalgic and just miss the old stuff. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same!

Me too honestly, except I REALLyy loved capaldis run and miss him a lot ;__; (didnt like him at first but after rewatching, he's my fave)
there are so many things that bug me about series 11 that i just cant overlook
my grandad got me into doctor who too and even he agrees.
Hmm i just can't really get behind Chibnall's writing :')
ferretleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby love8188 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:50 pm

sugarize wrote:
imaqtpie wrote:

Me too honestly, except I REALLyy loved capaldis run and miss him a lot ;__; (didnt like him at first but after rewatching, he's my fave)
there are so many things that bug me about series 11 that i just cant overlook
my grandad got me into doctor who too and even he agrees.
Hmm i just can't really get behind Chibnall's writing :')

I rather like the new doctor, i dont have a problem with her but the writer wasn't good at writing good sifi, and i think having 4 people in the tardis was too much for him to take on for his first season, would have rathered Yasmin be intro ed in the new years episode.

also missed having a Christmas episode, the new years one didn't feel like a fancy celebration like Christmas past.

there was also a lot of standing and talking, something i loved about doctor who was how alive the screen was even when he was explaining stuff, because he hardly stood still, he explained as he ran or as he blew up half the tardis.

i feel like a lot of the good press is from people who are just so hyped to have a female doctor they over look everything else, arn't big sifi fans and like that its simple, or think its good because they haven't seen how much better past sessions have been. i would have liked to seen a different writer for this next season but since that's not the case i hope he noticed where the show lacked and will be fixed for the next one.

To me the best part of the show was feeling like you where trying to find out what was going on just as much as the doctor was, it pushed you to think more but i feel like this new stuff was mostly fluff and complaining about sexism.
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby love8188 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 pm

but to see if we can keep this place alive

what was your favorite and least favorite episode of season 11 and why maybe?
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wishful Thinking. » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:18 am

I haven't watched Doctor Who for a while after I stopped when the 11th Doctor was replaced. The 11th Doctor is my favorite! Since I've had plenty of time on my hands these last 10 days I decided to watch the latest season! The 13th Doctor is awesome! She is now my 2nd favorite and the 9th will now be my 3rd fav instead of 2nd. I really like every episode of the season, not one boring moment! (I got of surgery and this worked out as the best distraction) I love that they added 3 companions this time. I was hoping they were all going to stick around after watching the first episode and was excited when they did. The more characters the better! I'm really glad they didn't give her one male companion, like how the 9th and 10th mostly just had Rose. I can't be the only one who is annoyed and weirded out that they have young female companions traveling around alone with the male doctors... I think from now on they should stick to have a group of companions or at least a couple (like with Amy and Rory).

I don't think I'll get around to ever watching the 12th Doctor. I just wasn't that interested in him and Clara, plus buying all those episodes are expensive so it's not worth it if I don't like it.
Wishful Thinking.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me