|☁ Anime & Manga Club ☁ | Dress up Competition RESULT pg117

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Do you prefer manga or anime?

Anime
33%
Manga
10%
Both
57%

Total votes : 1133

Re: |☁ Anime & Manga Club ☁ | Dress up Competition RESULT pg

Postby sunny*days*ahead » Wed May 13, 2020 1:37 am

Username: sunny-days-ahead
Nickname: Sunny
Favorite Anime: at the moment, it's My Hero Academia!
Favorite Manga: Fairy Tail: Zero

hi! c:
_
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."- Proverbs 16:24

sunny*days*ahead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 am

I really need to go ahead and watch Naruto Shippuden in its entirety instead of via YouTube clips, but I haven't because of some of the things that happen in it (I know so much about it because of Youtube clips and reading).

For example, I hate what happens to Neji because no matter how you look at it he died protecting the main branch and he died as a plot device for NaruHina (yes, you read correctly, Neji died for NaruHina, this has been confirmed by Kishimoto himself).

His death was stupid, it disgust me, it didn't need to happen at all, and for me it's literally one of the worst parts of Naruto/Naruto Shippuden.

One of my favorite characters actually died for a ship. (TT - TT)

I also hate what happened to Lee (another one of my favorite Naruto characters).
He worked harder than anyone else in the series (except for Gai). Got the breaks beat off of him in the Chunin exams because of Gaara's plot armor and also because of the fact that he was unlucky enough to be matched with his natural counter (he would have beat literally anyone else he came up against except for maybe Naruto himself because of the Nine Tailed Fox). Became grievously injured as a result. Gets a surgery that could have killed him (luckily it didn't), and then *shuffles cards* isn't really important for the rest of Naruto/Naruto Shippuden.

All in all, part of the reason I'm hesitant about watching Boruto and might not watch it at all is because of the way some things happened in Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. (U - U)

EDIT:
Come to think of it, Team Gai in general was done dirty for no reason whatsoever.

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:23 am

I never finished Naruto, but I was a big fan of Neji too. His death felt incredibly unfair to child-me.
But over 800 chapters was too much then and I no longer care to try finishing it.

I read Boruto because it’s fun and Mitsuki. And adult Naruto/Sasuke relationship they are such dorks.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Wed May 13, 2020 7:47 am

loverboy_ wrote:I never finished Naruto, but I was a big fan of Neji too. His death felt incredibly unfair to child-me.
But over 800 chapters was too much then and I no longer care to try finishing it.

I read Boruto because it’s fun and Mitsuki. And adult Naruto/Sasuke relationship they are such dorks.

I’ve never truly read the Naruto Manga, but I watched Naruto in its entirety and watched about 1/4th of Shippuden, and Neji’s death definitely wasn’t fair (he shouldn’t have went out like that).

As for Boruto, it does seem fun from what I’ve seen of it, and Mitsuki in particular does seem really interesting, but a lot of people seem to hate Boruto himself and he’s the main character.

What’s your opinion of Boruto is he really that bad, or is the hate directed at him just a case of “he’s not Naruto so he’s bad?”

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:02 am

Boruto practically is Naruto ahaha. I haven’t got a clue why people dislike him. Maybe they forgot what having a younger mc is like? He’s the same sort of irreverent punk kid as his dad was, except he has parents so I guess he’s got less of an excuse.
More often I see people complaining that the kids are too strong already, that the battle system is broken, whatever. Basic complaints about shonen tropes. Some people don’t like Sarada? I dunno what that’s about.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Thu May 14, 2020 5:11 am

loverboy_ wrote:Boruto practically is Naruto ahaha. I haven’t got a clue why people dislike him. Maybe they forgot what having a younger mc is like? He’s the same sort of irreverent punk kid as his dad was, except he has parents so I guess he’s got less of an excuse.
More often I see people complaining that the kids are too strong already, that the battle system is broken, whatever. Basic complaints about shonen tropes. Some people don’t like Sarada? I dunno what that’s about.

Thanks for the info, while I don’t dislike Naruto he’s never been my favorite Naruto character anyway (I like him he’s just not my favorite Naruto character), so I could deal with not liking or being neutral about his son (even if I like him, based on what you’ve said he probably won’t be my favorite character).

As for the battle system complaints, that’s pretty silly TBH.
IMO Naruto has never really had a battle system and it won’t until the story is over because new game changing abilities/characters are always popping up.

Sarada also seems pretty cool to me, so I don’t know what the Sarada hate is about either, but then again I haven’t watched Boruto yet. :lol:

Overall, It seems like the worst parts of Boruto for me would be the kids being too strong already, and maybe too much Sasuke (I’ve been a Sasuke hater since I was a child, LOL) because AFAIK he seems to be pretty important in Boruto. (U - U)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallimaufry » Sun May 17, 2020 6:23 am

has anyone seen 'children who chase lost voices'? i want your opinions. as for me, i loved it. the style and plot and characters were all amazing. it was emotional and had a lot of deeper meanings. especially the occurrence of dragonflies throughout the film.
──-─────────────────────
heyo, my name is gallimaufry. call me
galli or mau. i'm a college student who
loves coding and watching anime. i'm
addicted to boba tea. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

─────────────────────-──
──-───────────────
check out my coding shoppe:
please n thanks!! i'm a friend to
all so feel free to pm me.

───────────────-──
███░███████████████
███░█████████
──-──────────
if you like the 1975
& anime, ur so cool.
libra // intj // bi?

──────────-──
gallimaufry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fierce Wings » Tue May 19, 2020 2:28 pm

dovah wrote:okay i need help real quick lol i've never posted here before but i need the name of this anime + character and this seemed like the best place to go

i see him everywhere, he looks like a detective i think? he wears a black suit and a black tie with a purple stripe down the center of it i think. he has black hair and i think he wears sunglasses sometimes. LOL any help is appreciated.

Oof. I first thought of Detective Conan or Bungou Stray Dogs but I doubt that's what it is?? I have no idea what that could be but from looking it up based on the description the closest thing I found was this.

An anime called The Millionare Detective. I've never even heard of it but this was the closest thing I could find.
Sorry if that's not what it is, though.

As for Naruto I actually started to watch it myself around two years ago but never got past the first season. I started to really enjoy it but I just kinda stopped after a while. I had begun to think about how many episodes there actually were and I guess it just intimidated me out of finishing it before it even started. The same thing happened with One Piece and Bleach. They're just too long for my tastes in all honesty. I can be pretty picky when it comes to anime. ^^;
Brooke • Female• She/Her • Asperger's • Discord: stormie_nightz
Socially anxious and awkward Loves making friends
Anime and otome lover Fandoms live in my head rent free
Heterosexual Biromantic Autistic Extremely lonely
Fierce Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 am

I read Bleach all the way through, it’s a mess. About equal to Naruto I would say. I stuck it put for Chad and Hitsugaya though, I love my faves.

I’m actually here just off reading several new chapters of Boruto, the things are happening now oh man. Alien gods giant death trees HORNS oh no.

So far the only classic shonen I’ve read that wasn’t a mess that became too complicated is HunterXHunter.
And it may never finish.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Ooh I read Bleach too. It got really draggy but I was glad for a few familiar character’s comebacks. There were some new bankais that were pretty good though I wished I could’ve seen them in more action. The ending was very ehh for me. Not because of the pairings but because it felt very rushed.

Regardless, it is still one of those animes I like to look back on. Best arcs were definitely the arrancar and fake karakura town.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me