Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Postby messenger » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:50 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
@britneyrox @messenger @tenlittlesoldierboys
Thank you guys so much. ^-^" It makes me feel a lot better about my little guy's costume now.

@tenlittlesoliderboys
I remember him from last year!! He was so super cute! I'm glad you decided to use him again, it's kinda neat to see the story continue for our PI. x3

So before I post my form, I was wanting a bit more advice as far as my story goes. This is only my second year so I'm just wanting to make sure it's all good as far as costume goes and story.
Velvet was jumping all around, trying to find the pieces to his costume. Halloween was the one time of year he could dress up without having to be questioned just WHY he was dressing up. The unfortunate thing was his size, or specifically lack of. Being so tiny it was hard to piece together what he had wanted to bee this year. A little bit of yellow glitter here, a black sweater there -it was going to be cold anyways- and his little wings. Just out the door ready to adventure and trick or treat when Velvet realized, he'd forgotten his antennae and flashlight! Spooky things could be out and about!

Speaking of beeing out and about, Velvet needed to use his little wings and be off! Well, his feet, but no one else needed to know his little wings couldn't actually flutter. It was so exciting to see the other dress ups, and to see what the houses even dressed up as! Well yes, of course houses dressed up too, with their little pumpkins and spiderwebs and whatnots. Scrambling his little self up steps and adjusting his antennae, it was time to gather his courage and see what all the buzz was about with this. First house, lights on... Raising his little paw Velvet knocked several times rapidly, to make sure he could be heard, and raised his squeaky little voice. "Trick or Treat!"

hhhh the story matches the cuteness of dress up!
    and the puns, oh the puns, just adds a nice touch to the story (very unique)
    but the 'R' doesn't need to be capitalized here! "First house, lights on... Raising his little paw"

double agent wrote:
    Hey guys! This is my second year doing LO/LO, and I guess I never really posted on the fanclub last year. Anyways, I'd like some opinions on my dressup and story!

This is my second year using Red, but this year she has a much different costume. (Last year she was an RPG ranger).

And the story:
    Red put her black-framed glasses on, smiling in excitement. Halloween! Her favorite holiday, not just for the candy. The spooky things were awesome. She walked up to the fullbody mirror near her door, admiring her White Rabbit costume. It was complete with a stuffed rabbit.
    xxRed grabbed her candy bag, an orange felt bag with a black cat head on the front. She moved to her bed, hopping on it and looking out the large windows. She watched as a squirrel dashed across her outside window, before looking out the rest of the window. It was getting dark, and Red could hear people talking loudly. She lived near a park and a major road, so it was never surprising.
    xxShe took her phone out of her pocket, clicking the home button and checking the time. Three minutes. Ughhh, she was too excited.
    xxOne minute... Seven'o'clock! Red tightened her grip on her candy bag and bounced off her bed. She stuffed her phone back into her pocket and walked to the door. Putting her paw on the door, she called, "I'm going trick-or-treating! Bye!"
    xxRed's parents said goodbye and she dashed out the door and down her private road. Other trick-or-treaters were everywhere.

Red walked up a path, candy bag in her mouth like the rest of the local kids and teens. She placed it gently on the ground, and then rang the doorbell.
    xx"Trick or treat!"

im a sucker for simple costumes, so this one is quite nice
    though, if you have the time, maybe add a but of scenery items? it always gives
    a nice epitome of spoopyness, amiright?
    the story is nice, but kind of seems bland(?) to me, maybe describe the surrounding
    houses or costumes, it will add a nice touch to it!
messenger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby britneyrox » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:14 pm

double agent wrote:
    Red put her black-framed glasses on, smiling in excitement. Halloween! Her favorite holiday, not just for the candy. The spooky things were awesome. She walked up to the fullbody mirror near her door, admiring her White Rabbit costume. It was complete with a stuffed rabbit.
    xxRed grabbed her candy bag, an orange felt bag with a black cat head on the front. She moved to her bed, hopping on it and looking out the large windows. She watched as a squirrel dashed across her outside window, before looking out the rest of the window. It was getting dark, and Red could hear people talking loudly. She lived near a park and a major road, so it was never surprising.
    xxShe took her phone out of her pocket, clicking the home button and checking the time. Three minutes. Ughhh, she was too excited.
    xxOne minute... Seven'o'clock! Red tightened her grip on her candy bag and bounced off her bed. She stuffed her phone back into her pocket and walked to the door. Putting her paw on the door, she called, "I'm going trick-or-treating! Bye!"
    xxRed's parents said goodbye and she dashed out the door and down her private road. Other trick-or-treaters were everywhere.

Red walked up a path, candy bag in her mouth like the rest of the local kids and teens. She placed it gently on the ground, and then rang the doorbell.
    xx"Trick or treat!"

I would personally elaborate a bit more on the last little section when Red is actually out trick-or-treating. I didn't realize she had arrived at a house already when she said rang the doorbell, so that kind of confused me a little bit. Perhaps by walking up a "path," you meant she was already on someone's property and approaching their house. I, however, was thinking of her walking down a street, so then when she suddenly rang a doorbell it just felt a bit like the part of her actually seeing a house and walking up to it was skipped over.

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby NovaSkye » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:02 pm

britneyrox wrote:
double agent wrote:

xx"Trick or treat!"

I would personally elaborate a bit more on the last little section when Red is actually out trick-or-treating. I didn't realize she had arrived at a house already when she said rang the doorbell, so that kind of confused me a little bit. Perhaps by walking up a "path," you meant she was already on someone's property and approaching their house. I, however, was thinking of her walking down a street, so then when she suddenly rang a doorbell it just felt a bit like the part of her actually seeing a house and walking up to it was skipped over.

Adding onto this ^^

Perhaps you could have Red walking through the neighborhood, passing by each house until she found the perfect one? Something like that!
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby kloppo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:37 pm

hi everbody!

I was just wondering what you guys would the of my costume and story!

comments and criticism welcome :)

Pet's name: Zoi

ahhhh, Zoi yawned and she turned to her calendar. halloween already!?! I thought it was tomorrow!!
She ran down the stairs and asked her mum if she could take her to the nearest party/costume store
,which was 20 miles away.Sorry honey, but I have to take care of Ana today.Her mother replied.
Zoi sighed, I guess i'll just have to go without a costume. She started to walk towards her room
when she saw her baby sister, Ana, holding a stuffed bunny! A bunny!,she exclaimed in her head and
ran to her room .The costume was from the previous Easter, since she had to be the neighborhood bunny that
year. Shuffling through her closet, she remembered that the costume was in her drawer and she ran to it.
Zoi grabbed the costume and tried it on, it fit perfectly! Yay!,she yelped.She took it off
and placed it on her bed and went on a walk.

Zoi rushed into her room and put on her outfit.Only one more hour till trick or treating!!!!!!
She ran in and out of all the rooms, looking for her candy bag. Finally, she found it hidden behind a box
in the basement.The excited dog grabbed her pail, grabbed a carrot as a snack and part of her costume and
ran out of the door.in front of her friends house she stood waiting for her to come out.Her best friend Ella
walked out of the house dressed as a princess.I love your oufit!, Ella said to her.
Yours is awesome as well! Zoi replied.

They walked together throughout the neighborhood and ended up at a haunted house.I'm
soo going inside,
Ella said. Zoi shivered. She HATED Haunted houses.I'm going to go to the
house across the street. Meet you there!
, she said. Ella nodded and headed towards the haunted house.
Zoi walked across the street hurriedly.It was a little creepy trick or treating on her own.She walked up the side
walk to the house.All the decorations were so cool! Some of them even moved and talked! She stared at some fog coming
from a fog machine and was amazed! Whoever owned the house had put in so much work with all the decorations.
Panting with excitement , she took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Trick or Treat!
ive been on this acc for five years but i still dont know anything :D
kloppo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:47 pm

kloppo wrote:
hi everbody!

ahhhh, Zoi yawned and she turned to her calendar. halloween already!?! I thought it was tomorrow!!
She ran down the stairs and asked her mum if she could take her to the nearest party/costume store
,which was 20 miles away.Sorry honey, but I have to take care of Ana today.Her mother replied.
Zoi sighed, I guess i'll just have to go without a costume. She started to walk towards her room
when she saw her baby sister, Ana, holding a stuffed bunny! A bunny!,she exclaimed in her head and
ran to her room .The costume was from the previous Easter, since she had to be the neighborhood bunny that
year. Shuffling through her closet, she remembered that the costume was in her drawer and she ran to it.
Zoi grabbed the costume and tried it on, it fit perfectly! Yay!,she yelped.She took it off

Zoi rushed into her room and put on her outfit.Only one more hour till trick or treating!!!!!!
She ran in and out of all the rooms, looking for her candy bag. Finally, she found it hidden behind a box
in the basement.The excited dog grabbed her pail, grabbed a carrot as a snack and part of her costume and
ran out of the door.in front of her friends house she stood waiting for her to come out.Her best friend Ella
walked out of the house dressed as a princess.I love your oufit!, Ella said to her.

They walked together throughout the neighborhood and ended up at a haunted house.I'm
soo going inside,
Zoi walked across the street hurriedly.It was a little creepy trick or treating on her own.She walked up the side
walk to the house.All the decorations were so cool! Some of them even moved and talked! She stared at some fog coming
from a fog machine and was amazed! Whoever owned the house had put in so much work with all the decorations.
Panting with excitement , she took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Trick or Treat!

So first of all, the dress up is so cute with those carrots ahhh

With the story, the biggest thing I can recommend is avoiding describing the house Zoi is visiting in such detail. Some players won't like it that you've described the home that the character in their trick/treat story lives in, as it may cause some sort of conflicting image - for example, the other player may have a pet answer the door who hates Halloween and hasn't decorated their house at all. I know some users will give tricks over this, so I just personally think it's best to leave that part out.

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shnitzel_ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:57 pm

May I have a little feedback on my costume? The story is still in the making c: I have limited dress-up items due to my absence (2012-2015) and was going for a medieval theme/robot theme. Thank you so much in advance!

Shnitzel_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kloppo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:57 am

britneyrox wrote:
kloppo wrote:
hi everbody!

soo going inside,

So first of all, the dress up is so cute with those carrots ahhh

With the story, the biggest thing I can recommend is avoiding describing the house Zoi is visiting in such detail. Some players won't like it that you've described the home that the character in their trick/treat story lives in, as it may cause some sort of conflicting image - for example, the other player may have a pet answer the door who hates Halloween and hasn't decorated their house at all. I know some users will give tricks over this, so I just personally think it's best to leave that part out.

Thank you!
ive been on this acc for five years but i still dont know anything :D
kloppo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:19 am

messenger wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:
@britneyrox @messenger @tenlittlesoldierboys
Thank you guys so much. ^-^" It makes me feel a lot better about my little guy's costume now.

@tenlittlesoliderboys
I remember him from last year!! He was so super cute! I'm glad you decided to use him again, it's kinda neat to see the story continue for our PI. x3

So before I post my form, I was wanting a bit more advice as far as my story goes. This is only my second year so I'm just wanting to make sure it's all good as far as costume goes and story.
Velvet was jumping all around, trying to find the pieces to his costume. Halloween was the one time of year he could dress up without having to be questioned just WHY he was dressing up. The unfortunate thing was his size, or specifically lack of. Being so tiny it was hard to piece together what he had wanted to bee this year. A little bit of yellow glitter here, a black sweater there -it was going to be cold anyways- and his little wings. Just out the door ready to adventure and trick or treat when Velvet realized, he'd forgotten his antennae and flashlight! Spooky things could be out and about!

Speaking of beeing out and about, Velvet needed to use his little wings and be off! Well, his feet, but no one else needed to know his little wings couldn't actually flutter. It was so exciting to see the other dress ups, and to see what the houses even dressed up as! Well yes, of course houses dressed up too, with their little pumpkins and spiderwebs and whatnots. Scrambling his little self up steps and adjusting his antennae, it was time to gather his courage and see what all the buzz was about with this. First house, lights on... Raising his little paw Velvet knocked several times rapidly, to make sure he could be heard, and raised his squeaky little voice. "Trick or Treat!"

hhhh the story matches the cuteness of dress up!
    and the puns, oh the puns, just adds a nice touch to the story (very unique)
    but the 'R' doesn't need to be capitalized here! "First house, lights on... Raising his little paw"

Ah thank you! I'll fix that. ^_^ Thanks to everyone's help and positive remarks.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✮ deathcore » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:24 am

aa..lolo.

lolo is possibly one of my favorite things on cs, mostly because it's halloween themed and well..if it's halloween i'm gonna love it.

i joined last year, so that was my first time playing lolo. i didn't have a very good costume, or story but i think i did better this year.

i absolutely love reading the halloween stories from other members, everyone here is so good at writing!

i'd love to get some feedback on my costume and/or story!:

french-friero wrote:
Your story:
Frnk let out a big yawn as he hopped out of bed, he almost forgot what day it was! What day was it you may ask? It was Halloween! Frnk loved Halloween, not only because he got to eat candy all night long, but because it was his birthday! That's right, Frnk was lucky enough to be born on Halloween. Since Frnk loved Halloween so much, he had already had his costume planned out by September 16th. He was a vampire bat! Frnk absolutely loved anything to do with vampires, or just Halloween in general. Frnk ran up to his closet to find his Halloween costume, he was surprised to find out that it was right where he left it! Usually, when Frnk gets something he loses it within 3 hours. But who cares? It was Halloween! The only time of the year where kids could go out and get free candy from strangers! Frnk had no time to waste, everything had to be perfect.
Frnk put on his vampire bat costume and grabbed his red pail, he could hardly wait to walk outside and see all the kids holding pails full of candy. This certainly would be one of the best days of the year, if not the best day of his life. Frnk walked outside with the confidence of a lion and was greeted by his best friend Gee.
"Hey Frnk!" Gee said cheerfully. "Are you ready to get some of those sugary sweets?" Even though Gee already knew the answer, he just had to ask. "Am I ready? Oh I'm more than ready! I'm more ready than I've been in my entire life! C'mon Gee, I have our plan ready." Gee and Frnk huddled together near a tree as Frnk explained how they would begin their halloween adventure.
"Alright Gee, you're gonna go down Cemetery Drive and go to the first house on the right, they usually have some pretty good stuff, and it'll be a great start for us. I'll go down Demolition Road and visit the second house on the left."
And so they left it at that and the two boys ran off to begin their hopefully great adventure to the road of sugary goodness.
Frnk did as he said and went down Demolition Road, and there it was. One of the most beautifully decorated houses he had ever seen! Surely there would be some great candy in there. Frnk smiled to himself as he ran up the stairs and knocked twice.
"Trick or Treat!" Frnk said with a huge grin plastered onto his face.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
╭─────────────────────────.★..─╮
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx──────
xx╰┈➤ mads ✧˖° infp ✧˖° eternally emo
hi !! i love music and getting silly. i have 2
frogs and a fun snail & i love them. my pms
are always open !! would love 2 chat w u :3
xImage
xXXxxImage
╰─..★.─────────────────────────╯
✮ deathcore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pegasus4240 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 am

I'll run it past here first, I guess. First year and all. :)

The story:

I was as ready as a robot could be. Costume. Accessories. It was time to gather some research and figure out this holiday so I could return to my laboratory on planet Zee. I went out the door into the foggy evening.
My friend, Spook, was outside waiting. Panting, he exclaimed, "Silv! It's about time. Look at all...a fish?! Dude!"
"What?", I pondered, looking down at myself. "You told me the whole point of a costume was to be something you are not for the day?"
"Yep, but cats eat fish. It's messed up," Spook said.
"I am not a real cat. I am a highly functional, data gathering robot," I said. "Besides, where's your costume?"
"I AM a real cat. No costume necessary. Why would I want to be anything else..especially a fish? Ha. Ha." Spook chuckled. "Are we going to go get treats or what?"
"Treats?", I asked as I scanned one of my processors. "What are treats? I thought I had all the data."
"Check out the bag." Spook pawed the big orange bag he had dropped at my feet. It was full of brightly wrapped objects.
"What do we do with them, Spook?" I just could not figure this whole Halloween holiday out.
"Silv, weren't you listening? The children dress up. They go door to door and ask for treats, usually candy, but sometimes there's a pencil or two. Let's just do it. That house over there," he said.
I followed to where his paw was pointing. There was a house, dark with glowing candles and cobwebs. A sound was coming from the house, eerie and low. I picked up the bag and climbed up the creaking stairs with Spook by my side. He knocked on the door and yelled, "Trick or treat!"

Thanks!
pegasus4240

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me