Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - [RULE UPDATES!]

Postby yaku » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Username:
        yakush1maru

Name/Nickname[s]:
        Just call me Yaku!!

Pronouns:
        She/they

Do you have an signature shop?:
        Yeah! one on my own and one under construction(? I'm not making the thread RIP) that will be shared w/ .boot

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        Nnnnh, the feeling you get when your stuff starts coming together not looking terrible is pretty great. I haaaate when I overestimate and stuff gets pushed down though!

When did you begin making signatures?:
        On CS? The first day I made this acct (my old 2011 one, which I can't get into, wasn't COPPA compliant, so...) I jumped straight into signature coding, even if it was a little basic and spacey. But in general, I've been BBCoding for a lot of years... fancypost code (PAIN), super-duper basic with only-inline images (SUPER PAIN), CS and those similar to it... (to quote a gym teacher of mine, "only hurts for a minute")

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        Watashi wa gay... and by gay I mean asexual/aromantic. .boot is my anime gf. I play an embarrassing amount of time playing TERA and Love Live! School Idol Festival. I always get video games really late. I'm actually stuck in 2014. ERASED has ruined my life and I'm 2 weeks' worth of episodes behind.

Irisid, I'd like to sign up!
yaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Username:
        smofir.

Name/Nickname[s]:
        Xohara or just smofir. cx

Pronouns:
        She/her, thanks!

Nope.

I love that moment when you're into something and you want to make a signature based on it, and to me when you get inspired that much I tend to go a little over-top and actually make a decent looking sig. The layout can be tricky, especially if you're using images and fonts that could be too big. That's when a resizer comes in handy xD

Since early 2014, I usually ordered signatures before but now I'm capable of making my own.

I'm not that interesting tbh ?? I'm a lady living somewhere in Canada with a rusty old car, hoping to get a new one. I like to play video games when I'm not at work or school, specifically LoL. I love The Walking Dead, and I just cleaned my driveway due to the snow. I'm chill so feel free to PM me about anything! :)

@gods
Wow!! Your signature is awesome, I love the colour palettes everytime you refresh the page, it's very calming and soothing. French is an amazing language that I sadly did not go ahead and study for, but the simplicity of your signature is great. Well done! <3

@Nekoma's Lion
The layout is incredible, I'm very stunned by your amazing coding! ;o The theme is perfect and so is the colour palette, it seems like you really thought this through and ended up with a fantastic signature. I love the type of font you used and how the imaged are laid out nicely, the text borders adds a cool touch and the bio is very interesting to read. Great job!

@jensen ankles
Oo, another simplicity signature that I definitely like! c; The image is cut out perfect for the text to fit nicely in, and I love how there isn't much going on and I love the symbol you used and the words you chose. Very creative!

@leda
Oh my god, how can I get started with this incredible layout!? This is amazing, the image is laid out perfectly and I love the font you chose and the colour scheme is not too bright nor shabby. The black adds a nice dark touch to the light image, and the colours perfectly contrast together! I love the big letter M and how big the font image is, the way the black image fits in too is just awesome. The bio is very cute with the small text too! Your signature is so pretty!

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dorkasaurus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Username:
        dorkasaurus

Name/Nickname[s]:
        dork or sol is just fine and dandy c:

Pronouns:
        she/her/hers

nay.

i like picking a theme and image/gif hunting best. picking a colour scheme
        is fun, too! i have to say getting all the code to line up is the most painful
        part. resizing images over and over again just to get it just right... smh

may 2015

i'm honestly just a lame couch potato, aha. i like anime, manga, manhwa,
        and all that other fun stuff. i kinda play around with ren'py sometimes, too,
        so there's that. i'm pretty shy, awkward, and bad with pms, but i do like to
        chitchat, especially if we got some fandom to screech about together. c:

*sweats* gonna try and use everyone's names/nicknames if they gave them
    how thrilling B) oops commenting on as many people as i can because everyone
    is doing such a fantastic job

@xohara - ahh i really love how smol your sig is <333 it's got your links and a nice
    little quote, and the gif is very intriguing! i also like how the gif was split :0

@fenn - oKAY another beaut sig from you. everything is just so well done, and the
    layout is really nice and keeps my eyes going across the whole sig. the gifs are v
    fun, and the faces yes. the faces. also the colour scheme is lovely and adds just
    enough colour. plus, i'm really digging how you have all these subtle details like
    snakes and cats in the text box border down to the borders you used to divide up
    your writing and such.

@erin - they fit the same for me as neko's screenshots! both are nice and compact ^^

@jyushi - i have a strange feeling of déjà vu like i've commented on your sig before,
    but maybe that's just me because i see you around on forums now and then?? anywho,
    i always like your layouts, and the images are very clear! the bottom left edit is lovely
    and does a good job with the larger image to bring everything together. great job ofc c:

@ledabear - ahh another fab sig cx i honestly just love how everything fits together so
    well, and it's very aesthetically pleasing. the image does a nice job of slipping it all
    together, too! ^^

@lillian - pfft i feel with that but sometimes i just feel kind of exhausted after mulling
    over a sig for a while that i'm content for a couple weeks, aha. your sig is super cute,
    though, and i'm a sucker for rain gifs and greyscale so kudos to you for both things! it
    was a nice touch to split the part on the gif on the right to add just a little detail c:

@zey - ah i dont think i've gushed over this signature of yours yet. everything is so nicely
    done, of course, but i think my favorite part is the borders! they're so detailed, and they
    really tie the whole sig together. the overlay is also lovely on its own, and i especially
    like the filter/shadow/outline thing over it which adds a subtle detail that really gives it
    an extra bit of pizzazz!

@cas - your sig is smol, cute, and i'm digging the pink scheme going on their! i also like
    how you arranged your links, and the divider in the middle keeps everything organized
    well without being like wabam i'm here, y'know?? no? cx anyway very nice job!

@oliver - oh my gosh i haven't gotten the chance to see this new rotating thing going on,
    and it's absolutely gorgeous <3 like i mentioned about the original one, aesthetically
    pleasing, and i could honestly just keep staring at each one. they're so pretty and well
    done. each image that rotates is also beautiful, and the colour scheme for each sig is
    just *throws hands up* i love it.

@lilly - i really like smol sigs, so i def like yours!! i'm amazed at how you fit everything
    together like that, but it looks really good. plus, the little dashes of colouring give it
    just enough oomph to make it an even finer sig. very nice c:

-----

weep pardon if i missed someone!! let me know if i did, and i'd be happy to give you
    some commentary ^^

anyways, i just finished a sig myself, and it's honestly one of the most complicated ones
    i've made, i think. i don't normally make big sigs, so this was out of my comfort zone for
    sure. any comment/critiques/thoughts are absolutely welcome <3 uwu
you did well, kim jonghyun (040890 — 121817)
whaddup, i'm dork & i'm addicted to autochess+webtoons
ask for my discord + one-on-one search / kim bbjae bb
dorkasaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .boot » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Username:
        .boot

Name/Nickname[s]:
        boot or march are a-ok! uvu

Pronouns:
        she/her or they/them

yes -- though it's in the process of a remake pretty dang soon w/ my
        meme waif yaku c( ⁰ 〰 ⁰ )੭

i'd say that coming up with new themes and layouts is my favorite part
        (it's the hardest part too though?? not sure why i find it so enjoyable :y)
        my least favorite would have to be seeing something i'd want to make a
        signature about and not having the motivation to do it (which is 70% of
        the time tbh,,)

around mid/late 2014???? i started earlier than that around when i first
        joined but I only got really consistent with it around then,,,

small and lame chill meme burrito that likes to not sleep and cry @utaite
        bc they're all great??????
        rhythm game @ anime hell are my eternal homes
        and you'd probably find me procrastinating 27 hours a day on literally everything.

inhales new rules smell//
    minty
gods;; it rotates just fine! despite it's simpleness, I find the soft colors
in the text and imgs really calming. love it c:

commander;; same tbh??? i gotta change it once a week to be content w/ myself, and sometimes
as soon as i'm finished with one i'll get inspiration to make another and i'll get angry because i've
spent 2 and a half hours for nothing??????? struggles

geeko;; personally i think it depends on what they mean by 'advanced coding',,, like for me when
i got the gist of [left][right][center] (which i am assuming is what would be considered 'simple
coding') i moved on to [left][left][left] and started to get more ambitious when i started using
[right]'s and [center]'s inside of the left columns and adding symbols dingbats n stuff like leda said.
honestly though what would be considered advanced coding?? is there some inexplainable level system
on the art of signature complexity or smth because everything i just said is probably wrong if so

nekoma;; [gETS INSPIRED TO CATCH UP W/ THE MANGA EVEN THO I'M LIKE 50 CHAPTERS BEHIND]
that sig is magnifioncent and i am v jealous of your skills & how you managed to fit so much in
such little space??? that color scheme and the rotating images are a++++ also how like 90% of it is
just text and how you got all of that under the limit is really impressive man how even,,,

dork;; do you ever think you're over something that was a big deal to you in the past to be reminded
that you really ar e n ' t
that is how i feel looking at ur sig bc psycho pass has and always will ruin me?? jesus take the wheel
first of all monochrome color schemes are the diddly darn best and the even amounts of grays and
black are rly nice. i like how organized the layout is and for critique all i'd have to say is that i find
the 'life' overlayed on the dominator kinda hard to read,, maybe make it a dark grey instead of black?
other than that it is perf 11/10
.boot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Announcement
    In regards to Digitally Distinct, I have touched up some of the parts of the thread. The Colour codes, the Gif Problems (1 + 2) are now [hopefully] better laid out so finding things are a lot easier for users.

In addition, I have also Finally began with making the Layout Templates section of the tutorial. If you wish to help out, please send me a PM.

As a note, please remember these layouts are free to use for all users, even for sig shops. HOWEVER, the contributors who made the layouts, and myself; are not responsible for angry clients who see the layout and think of you negatively for using pre-made layouts and charging for it.

We do not copyright layouts, but credit those on the threads who made them as it is.

As a personal note, I am so... bloody relieved these rules are working so far on this thread. Thank you community for accepting these rules, I have to admit that we [thread mods, owners etc] were worried that people would riot over the rules. It is so relieving to know this did not happen and has been embraced happily. Thank you all so much. It means a lot to us <3
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gods » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:54 am

thanks to all who commented on my signature! <3 im glad it looks good & i hope i can improve it even more in the future.

on a side note, im going to be making a sig for the raffle & streaming it on join.me. heres the link! if you want to see the process of my making sigs or just want to ask questions feel free to drop in. please make sure all discussion stays forum appropriate though c: done! thanks to those who did join me.

dorkasaurus wrote:
    anyways, i just finished a sig myself, and it's honestly one of the most complicated ones
    i've made, i think. i don't normally make big sigs, so this was out of my comfort zone for
    sure. any comment/critiques/thoughts are absolutely welcome <3 uwu

i know i commented on this before, but im really glad i can see your work finished! it looks fantastic and really fits makishima. the layout is organized well and i like the different fonts. your choice of quotes is perfect, too. i think my only comment would be that the right side doesnt quite line up; the words extend a bit past the border for me, but its not a huge deal c:

Maow wrote:Trying to make a signature for someone
but I have no idea where to start. I've
tried images, i've tried text and fonts but
I just can't get anything right.

Do these two character forms fit on your
screens? If they don't, would you mind
screenshotting them for me?
Here and here.

sometimes when im doing them for others i do an example layout first. like, i will draw where i want some stuff to go & label it. i often end up changing it a bit, but it helps me to have the idea in my head when im working. maybe that would help you?

heres some screencaps; one & two

geeko. wrote:
Anyway, does anyone have any good
advice on what to tell to someone who
wants to start advanced coding? my irl
friend asked me about it and I have no
idea what exactly to tell her

i can only really tell you how i started, which was by looking at other sigs and being like "okay, i see how they set that up, maybe i can set mine up in a similar way?" and then going from there. by looking at sigs and understanding a bit of bbcode, i could create things i liked seeing on my own (this doesnt mean copying signatures, but merely drawing inspiration from many). quality comes in time, so id make sure to let your friend know not to get too down if they arent super awesome right away. practice is key. i would also make sure they understand at least some basics about bbcode, and the digitally distinct thread is great for that (honestly, it really helped me when i was starting). hope this helps!
Last edited by gods on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

oliver/noll - he/him
gods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywalker, » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:34 am

Username:
        skywalker,

Name/Nickname[s]:
        sky

Pronouns:
        she/her please!

The Fox Shop I created it sometime last year,
        and its currently under construction c;

I personally like the feeling when you really
        love how it turn out, and how hard you worked for it,
        But i hate when it doesn't wanna co-operate with you.

Err…. around two years ago, 2014.
        I didn't start getting good until about November in 2015.

I really love improving my signatures,
        and making them more exciting.

@everyone
      Wonderful signatures, as usual. Can't wait for those
      future signatures, always as beautiful as the last!
skywalker,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRubyDragon » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:56 am

First post since the rule updates, little late.
@jyushimatsu.
Welcome to the clubbbb. What a lovely signature! The drawings/pictures of the girl are very well done! I like the 'A forgotten her' quote and where its placed. The bio is nicely placed. Very nice, I like how simple it is and how there aren't too many pictures.

@Maow
Welcome to, or back, to the clubbbb. I love the layout oml. The colors are perfect and go well together. The gif is well placed in the center with the, I assume to be, bio underneath. The symbols are very cool. I also like the size of the signature as well, its not too big but not too small. I love it. Don't mind me, but I'm going to totally steal your layout one day, one day.

@smofir.
Welcome to the clubbbb. Very, very simple signature. I like how the gif is split and still synced up. I've tried that before... and failed... badly. The quote is perfect and I especially love the ☄, its so cute.

And to all the other new members, I have said it and I will say it again, welcome to the clubbbb.

And I apologize for the short critiques, I'm not good at critiquing haha.

And for all those who may comment on my sig, its just a placement and may be changed soon... Once I get an idea.
xxxImage
━━━━━━━ It's true ━━━━
...Artist•Music-lover•Sports fan•Code
.Netflix • twenty one pilots • The 1975
xxxx• Glass Animals • iDKHow •

PM Me!
Trades
..Sig
.Shop
..♪♪♪♪
..Link
░░░░░
▒▒▒▒▒

TheRubyDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xercesblue » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:24 am

ok. i am the suckiest club member, so here we go. i'm going to make a extremely long post to make up for at least 1% of that.

@ greyѕ☆anaтoмy ;;
wow! what a lovely signature! i cannot wait to see the rest, tbh! i suggest you should add a fade out-to-beginning effect, as it'll definitely add a much more smooth, calm effect, but otherwise the sig is pretty smooth and calm anyway! i love the pink and blue/pinkish gif. very nice!

@ ﴾Wɪʟᴅғɪʀᴇ﴿ ;;
ahhh! don't be so hard on yourself! i still suck at coding, and i started it in december! you'd think after that much practice i could code... just be patient! i'm sure your coding will spark one day, and you'll become on of the best coders! also, for your sig, i recommend you put a color theme. i know, i know, their annoying, and i don't even have one, so i can't be talking, but eh.. xD. the pictures are a little lossy in quality, and i think you should replace the ◤ borders with a box. (can pm you the coding if you need it, but i'm probably one of the only ones that didn't know the coding, so i'm guessing you probably know the coding. otherwise the coding is great! the pictures overall just have a nice play over that makes me want to stare at it all day, and the sig is not crowded, and very organized. i'm sure with just a very very very small amount of work the signature could be one of the top signatures here.

@ .boot ;;
i'm pretty sure it's just hot. global warming sucks. xD

@ everyone ;;
aghhh. saw the monthly challenge. i want to at least do one of them xD. i don't really watch cartoons or anime... should i do charlie brown? like the gif where the kid with the blanket is rapping the blanket around the tree that fell over and some quote about how it's not really a bad tree, that it just needs some love? xD very inspirations. much happy. xD also, does it have to be like a tv cartoon, or can it be like a game cartoon? (like assassin's creed or papers, please, etc.)

@ Albert Hammond, Jr. ;;
ahh! really nice! the gif is very good quality, and the play over kind of fades in and out the way the gif is, so that's cool. xD i do think you have a lot of stuff in the ┏ borders, though, and i think you should maybe put some different borders on some of them, but otherwise, the signature is organized and pretty nice!

@ anyone new (a few of you) ;;
welcome crazy kids! hope you have a good time and aren't scared away xD.

@ -
woah. i have never seen updates make so. freaking. much. sense. xD nice updates! they should really help this club become a place where everyone can get feedback without worrying that someone already got theres and isn't going to respond because they don't need to. also, cool. i think the little badges and prizes are very nice ;0! yey! raffles xD

@ -
it was very nice reading about you guys. ahh i sound like a stalker >>> i only got a small glance, so i'm going to read more into detail after this.

@ l-bear ;; (did i just make a rap name for you? yes. yes i did xD :slaps self for you:)
very nice smol sig! i think you should resize the pic to fit the text, though, and center it all together. :) love the color theme ;0!

@ Nekoma's Lion ;;
very nice! the gifs are very high quality for gifs of a comic! usually those colors in the theme i wouldn't think go well in a sig, but it is actually extremely nice. overall, a pretty neat and organized sig! you should def enter it in the contest omg!

@ CommanderOfLaserCats ;;
i know!! the struggles. i have my sigs and always want to change them, but i'm too lazy so i'm practically stabbing myself staring at the same sig cause i just always want to change it. xD

@ leda. ;;
i know you didn't ask for a comment about your sig, but omg. the sig is so freaking amazing. the picture looks like it's 1080p!!! it's beautiful and the text font is amazing. ;0

@ Maow ;;
the forms both fit for me! although on both, the picture is a little bit too big for the box, so the ╚═══════════════╝ is being pushed down a little, and the info is about 2 lines over the picture in the second one, but otherwise, it's a pretty amazing and organized form.

@ dorkasaurus ;;
o.m.g. best. sig. ever. the color theme is amazing and the effects, shadows, and quality is great. keep coding, because you're really good at it omg!

@ -
yas. yas. yas. i finally can steal your layouts so i don't have to spend hours thinking of one(JOKING XD) :smells layouts: mmmm xDDDD

ahhh yey i'm done

*looks around and it's been 3 hours and it's time to go to dinner with the neighbors*

oh sh- xD no i actually just took a break, this only took me like 30 minutes xD this was really fun, i'm pretty sure i'm going to do this again xD.
ImageImage
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
spirit, fire, water,
air, earth, all me
credit to artist for gif
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
━━━━━ anarchist • bisexual • genderfluid ━━━━━
━━━━━ she/he/they • autistic • chillin :) ━━━━━
━━━━━ creature (occupation) • eighteen+ ━━━━
╔════════════╗

hello, nice to meet you
im xerces. just a swag
entity trying to live in
this cruel (not swag)
world. i have a sig shop
here if you want to look
at that! i love music...
beach house, deftones,
ptv, 21 savage, mcr, sol
seppy, flower face, and
mostly anything lol.
currently watching lain
and suits.. reading the
merciless. im pretty
chill so if you wanna
talk/get help, pm!
- la creatura xo : )

╚════════════╝
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓

i

x

x
ImageImage
xercesblue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:22 am

Username:
        p a r a в a т a ι.

Name/Nickname[s]:
        Isabel, but Para, Izzy, Bat, or really whatever you wanna call me works!

Pronouns:
        They/them

I'm working on my part for one, and my own is currently a WIP. I'll link when my parts are done.

Oh boy, the big question. My favorite part is probably the complexity it can have sometimes and how creative it is (also that I can brag to my coder friend that there is one language I am good at that he knows nothing of). I also like how universal it is and how unique one can be while using this code. As for my least favorite part, I would probably have to once more say the difficulty. Sometimes it can get frustrating and take a while, but once you figure it out and make it look the way you want it to (or if you're like me and wing it), it's just an amazing feeling. I guess coding, to me, is satisfying in a way I don't really get.

No idea, but the first serious sig I made (during which my coding actually improved) was probably about mid to late 2015.

The one question I don't really like because I'm actually a rather boring person with a boring life. xD I like anime and manga, reading, robotics, engineering, writing, coding, and am, overall, a giant nerd. I'm in full advanced classes and will be going to high school next year. I am also a band nerd (percussion is life) and will be doing marching band. I want to be a surgical veterinarian for one of the nearby National Guard bases when I graduate college, but my backups are engineer and ER surgeon.

Oh, geez, it feels like it's been f o r e v e r since I've last been on. Anyways, now that I've read up on the rules, I guess it's time to re-integrate! :p (I feel like that one guy who writes essay answers to pretty much everything. I blame my ELA teachers.)

@dorkasaurus
    Aljsdfiojweoifwje your sig looks great! I'm a real sucker for greyscale/monochrome sigs, and I think you did a really good job making all of the colors work together so well. The overlays are marvelous and the way you organized your quote looks great and really clean and works beautifully. There's not much I can think of that could possibly improve it, but I noticed on my screen that the image on the top (above the overlay with the gun) runs past everything else a bit, and I'm not sure if it's just me. Personally, I'd maybe add a border going beneath that to the bottom, but I'm not sure coding-wise how that'd happen. Either way, it's a small detail I had originally missed, and I think your sig looks wonderful!

@Nekoma
    Oh. My. Gosh. Your sig looks absolutely amazing, and the use of the green as a highlight really works to bring out the other colors, and the GIFs and images work really well with each other. I really like how you used multiple different shades of green for some different sections (not sure if that was intentional, but it works for me either way) for no reason that I can think of other than it looks really good. All the little bios everywhere really work together, and I, personally, would never be able to do that because I'm usually too lazy for one bio, let alone four. And the way you integrated the quote into it all is just really clever. Well done!

@radiance
    Wow, that's a lot of replies. I would never be able to do that; I would go mad. xD And you are certainly not the suckiest club member, for you are the most radiant club member. Bam, you see what I did there? Yeah, no, I got nothin'.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets