Ball Jointed Doll Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Ball Jointed Doll Club

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:52 am

That's awesome! I still have a bunch of stuff to make clothes for Sae but we haven't gotten around to it... XD I'm making a drawing of Sae and some other Instagram dolls right now though.

Same here... When I first took her apart I was watching someone pull the dolls foot out and unhook it so nicely and they're like "be gentle" meanwhile I had to put all my effort into pulling her foot just slightly away and I was more scared I was going to snap the hook then snap the elastic lol Luckily it worked out
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:50 am

ive been drawing cassie a lot and trying to figure out her character- so far i've come up with she really likes cats and dogs, is confused most of the time, and is very excited and optimistic about life in general cx

my mom has tried to get me to sew saying that if she can do it i can, but i'm not so sure lmao

since the thing perhaps is to eat flowers and not to be afraid - e.e. cummings

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Same! XD I'd like to sew but... I'm just kind of nervous about messing it up lol

I love her personality so far! For me I guess Sae's personality comes out as I find new accessories. She's soft spoken but sweet. She's generally really feminine but she does love rock music and some more... "dark(?)" styles? I got her some black boots with heels, that and the red dress sparked a kind of hidden rock style lol

Sae also loves animals c: Have you seen the BJD Spirit Animal thing? I put Sae as a hedgehog XD
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:04 pm

yeeesssss i love the spirit animal tag! it was kinda easy for me to see cassie's pesonality after i drew her- such a sweet face

i think cassie's spirit animal would be a black lab puppy! i actually have a black lab pup irl and his personality is exactly what i'd imagine of cassie c'x

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:53 am

Aww!!! So sweet! I have a boxer but, he's not a puppy anymore X,D Still acts like one though
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 am

idk what to say so i'm just gonna post updates/thoughts lol
cassie's clothes are still scheduled to ship out on the 28th, don't know how maxime is running lately- she had a hand injury and i feel like she's pretty backed up with orders because of the customer appreciation sale she had last month :/ still so pumped to get all of the clothes- i ordered a bunch of pretty leggings (newsprint, holo, galaxy, jeggings) and a couple of tops + also a houndstooth messenger bag, a doll carrier with a pretty dandelion print, and i'm getting a free dress since i used a code i found on her instagram :0 i can't wait to see cassie just as i imagine/draw her, for now she's still stuck in her halloween costume x0

it frustrates me trying to take pictures of my dolls because cas is so so stunning irl but in pictures her faceup gets kinda washed out lol- my moms a photographer, i think i'm going to ask her about editing tips!

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Ahh! How awesome!!! I can't wait to order Sae more clothes <3 I saved some things I found on Etsy on my phone~

A lot of people use their cameras for doll pictures and I saw someone compare phone vs actual camera pictures and it was amazing how much difference there was. My phone takes pretty good pictures compared to other phones but a camera is super good! I love taking pictures of pretty much anything but I've never edited my photos XD So I don't have very many tips but I'd definitely say find good lighting. Even if you're in a bright area the color might be off or something so they can always look different.
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I was going to order underwear... And then found out that the only ones I can find that I like are not in her bust size X,D

I was looking at a specific maker because they're like...the only person on Etsy I can find that makes MiniFee lingerie and there are 3 pairs I like for Sae but 2 I already knew are a size too big and the one I wanted WAS in her size but now they only have the smaller XD Oh well lol I'm gunna wait for some new ones <3
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:59 am

ive been thinking about ordering underwear for cas but i don't know if it's worth it tbh.. i also found a shop that had lingerie i liked that would fit cassie (she has the large bust) but they're in france!!!!!

what size bust does sae have? it can get really difficult to find lingerie for dolls with smaller busts- it seems like most of the ones that i've seen are for the glamour bust dolls. i know lepetitpeuple on etsy is the most popular for lingerie and that might have been where you were looking (it is where i was looking lol) but they really do have lots of doll lingerie and they've got some that come in multiple sizes :0

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:47 am

That is where I was looking XD They have a lot but there was really only three that matched Sae and 2 of them are only for E and the other one sold out of large :,) Sae is large too ^^

Edit: I just ordered her underwear *~*
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me