Ball Jointed Doll Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Ball Jointed Doll Club

Postby peachyykat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 pm

i don't think i'm going to restring her, it just seems too scary lol :0

her clothes are supposed to ship out on the 28th, but until then i found some old really stretchy barbie clothes that fit! it doesn't really match her current wig but w/e at least she's not naked lol

since the thing perhaps is to eat flowers and not to be afraid - e.e. cummings

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 pm

To be honest it's fun unstringing them just to see all the pieces and how they work but it's not fun getting them back together lol It would probably be less of a nightmare for you though because they're looser. c:

Hey, I put mine in a hair tie bikini top with a wrapping paper skirt for awhile so I mean... It could be worse X,D
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:47 am

i have her black wig made now! it's pulled back into a braid and i think it looks cute c:

so it turns out i don't think any of the names that i picked out beforehand really fit her! i keep looking at her and thinking "cassie" but i don't know :0

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 am

Can you post a picture of her in her wig? Maybe I could help with some ideas! ^^ Cassie is super cute though, Cas could be a good nickname for her c:
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Well, I looked up my sealant for BJDs. The only page on it had one person who said it eats at resin. Great. X,D

Hey I have my own bank account now so I guess my first purchases are going to MiniFee underwear and Mr. Super Clear lol

*adds to post...*

Can your doll do this? I've been testing out Sae with poses along with comparing her to a taller double jointed MH doll. Sae was able to do the poses I made and all of the poses I found on this persons Insta except this one and standing on one leg lol I'm wondering if this pose has to do with how tight the strings are

This person compared A-line old to A-line new to M-line and Fairyline and I was pretty sure Sae was new A-line but the dolls they used their new was able to stand on one leg and the old wasn't. I can balance Sae just fine but she apparently can't balance on one foot and I put a lot of effort into balancing dolls :lol:
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:48 am

she can't stand on one foot or do the pose you posted lol- every time i tried to get her to stand on one foot she just pitched forward
here's a pic of her wig- it's a little messy since i took this picture after fighting her and trying to get her to pose
and when i tried to get her to sit forward and grab her knees she just gave up lmao
i tried it again later and she kicked my phone so i took that to mean she was done :'D

edit ;;
just kidding i got her to stand on one foot! sorry for the bad pic but i was goofing around and didn't actually expect her to do it

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 am

>:,) Maybe I need to try harder... When I tried she was pretty well balanced she just wouldn't stay. She would kind of slowly sway one way or another. The knee hug one I wonder if those have really loose strings(or by how it looks none? XD)

Her wig is cute!!! I think Cassie is a really good name for her. The only other thing that comes to mind for me is Jane XD
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:57 am

aw thank you! yeah i think i'm going to go with cassie, it sounds sweet like she is cx

i think it's gotta be super loose strings, i felt like cassie was pretty loosely strung and her legs snapped out every time i tried to bend them that far- hence why she kicked my phone :')

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 am

I can't even pull them out of the socket without feeling like I might snap the strings or something lol I realized restringing arms isn't as hard as I thought and now I really want to make them tighter but that means taking the rest of her apart and I don't want to put her back together again X,D

I definitely think Cassie is perfect! That's a cute outfit she has as well! c:
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 am

pulling limbs out of the socket scares me so much lol.... it doesn't even matter that i know her strings have some give since they're looser; it still scares me :'0

thank you!! it definitely needs to be washed, i've had it for years- my mom made it to match my halloween costume when i was 6 years old and it was actually made to fit a barbie but it's super stretchy :D

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me