[ Percy Jackson Fanclub ] [ v.3 ]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: [ Percy Jackson Fanclub ] [ v.3 ]

Postby butterfree ! » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Username ;; butterfree !
      Nickname ;; anything but late for dinner
      Favorite book in PJO ;; hbnnng?? aaa. battle of the labyrinth?
      Favorite character in PJO ;; nico!!
      Favorite book in HoO ;; house of hades i think
      Favorite character in HoO ;; hhhbng i think leo
      Number One Canon Ship ;; solangelo
      Number One Non-canon Ship ;; sgjf um jercy? pipabeth? theyna? valdangelo?? idk they're all great
      Why do you want to join? ;; because i am unable to just not join
      Other ;; i agree about the burning maze dude above me
      percabeth5everr
send me ugly pets hnnnng.

happy holidays! (click)
butterfree !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MinionGoat » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:14 pm

I have ADORED the Percy Jackson books. I have personally only read the first five books, that are mainly just about Percy himself. I have not been able to get myself to read the next five knowing they are not all about Percy anymore, people say they are good. But I just fell in love with the first characters so much its hard to move on to the next ones you know?

It has been a while since I have read anything from the series though, are the next five anywhere near as good as the first five?
MinionGoat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butterfree ! » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:38 pm

i personally greatly preferred the original book series. however, the second series is great as well. some pros are the introduction of new characters who i personally adore, tons of character development for many pjo characters (coughnicocough), and introduces a ton of diversity. though the books no longer focus on percy + gang, the original cast is still prominent. percy and annabeth are key parts to the prophecy, nico is there to do some cool stuff, and even tyson pops in for a few chapters. there are definitely some cons, however. grover and rachel are barely present, there are no fun chapter titles, and theres a really bad love triangle at one point (in my opinion) however, overall i feel it was a great series and i highly recommend it.

just a word of advice, however: the first book can be hard to read for those of us who read and loved the first series before even knowing heroes of olympus was a thing. not because the book is bad- it introduced one of my top favorite characters ever- but because it completely focuses on three brand new characters. (minor spoiler you literally find out in the first couple chapters) percy doesnt appear at all, because he has gone missing, but annabeth makes a minor appearance. (end spoiler) however, by the end of the series (or probably sooner) it turns into a book beloved by much of the fandom. i found after a few chapters that it was a very fast and absorbing read. overall, 10/10 would recommend.

tldr; though there are some things that can make the series a little harder to read for fans of the original series, the books are great and very enjoyable (also magnus chase is amazing and im sure the kane chronicles are too but i havent finished yet)

happy holidays! (click)
butterfree !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

queer characters?

Postby EatTheRich666 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 am

hey everyone! first time posting in this thread. i used to be absolutely obsessed with these books and they still hold a special place in my heart. furthermore, my younger brother now loves rick riordan and has been reading all of the books over and over again for the past few years, which is super fun to see.

but anyway - i read the original series when i was about twelve years old. nico di angelo was my favorite character by the end of it. always got vaguely queer vibes from the character. a few years later, turns out, he's actually gay? i was absolutely delighted to hear that. immediately, i wanted to pick the series up again and read more. unfortunately, though, i never seemed to have the time.

more recently, i've heard there are even more cool diverse and queer characters popping up here and there. and long story short, i'm almost done re-reading the first book now and i plan to plow through the whole series this week so i can jump back in and move on to the many new books. i'm super excited.

i came here to share my enthusiasm and to ask if anyone is able to provide me a list of the queer and/or queer-coded characters before i start? i'm in college studying gender and sexuality and i'll deal with the spoilers if it means i know when to pay close attention. so yeah. anything you can share/say about queerness or diversity in general within any of rick riordan's work would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance <3

#representationmatters
EatTheRich666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butterfree ! » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:08 am

i absolutely felt the same about nico- from battle of the labyrinth on i could see the queer-coding. ill do my best to make a list (not including the original series because you already read them)

HEROES OF OLYMPUS

OVERVIEW: the second series in rick riordan's "main series" as one may call them. follows the prophecy of "the seven"

A GOOD ATTEMPT AT LISTING
Piper McLean - POC, a Native American
Leo Valdez - POC, Hispanic (can't recall any specifics)
Hazel Levesque - POC, an African American from early 1900s New Orleans
Frank Zhang - POC, a Chinese Canadian
Nico di Angelo - presumably homosexual, confirmed queer
Will Solace - not confirmed queer in HoO, but after Blood of Olympus was widely headcannoned as bisexual
Favonius/Zephyros(?) - the Roman/Greek god of the West Wind. In mythology, he fell in love with a mortal (Hyacinthus) who Apollo also loved. Due to his jealousy, he killed Hyacinthus, who Apollo turned into a flower. This myth is mentioned and explained in text.
Reyna Ramirez-Arellano (may have messed up last name im not sure) - POC, Latina, I believe from Costa Rico?? I can't recall
possibly more that I forgot

THE KANE CHRONICLES

OVERVIEW: a "side series", a triology which follows the Kane siblings and revolves around Egyptian mythology. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to read it yet. However I do know some representation.

MY PITIFUL LIST
The Kane Siblings - POC, both half black, though Carter is darker in skin while his sister (who I unfortunately cannot remember the name of) is much lighter, and is usually presumbed to be completely Caucasian.

MAGNUS CHASE

OVERVIEW: another "side series". The triology follows Annabeth Chase's cousin, Magnus, and is located mostly in Boston. It revolves around Norse mythology. The series will later be shortened to MCGA.

MY TRY TO LIST THE REPRESENTATION
Samirah al-Abbas - POC, a Muslim Valkyrie
Blitzen - POC, a black dwarf
Hearthstone - a deaf elf, vague history of abuse
Magnus Chase - queer confirmed, sexuality unconfirmed but widely headcannoned as pansexual.
Alex Fierro - queer confirmed, gender fluid, sexuality unconfirmed and not very headcannoned. Doesn't appear until book two, Latinx (i believe)
Thomas Jefferson Jr. - POC, an African American, fought in the Civil War, mother was a runaway slave
possibly more

TRIALS OF APOLLO

OVERVIEW: the third "main series" series is Rick Riordan's current project, with only three of five books currently out. It follows Apollo as he faces a real wild threat, I'll try not to spoil anything.

A LIST I GUESS
Apollo - he's canonically bisexual in both the books and the myths
Will Solace - mentioned earlier, but in ToA is confirmed queer
Commodus (i think) - a Roman emperor, has romantic history with Apollo.
Emmy (?) and (cant remember name :c ) - a pair of former Huntresses of Artemis, an older lesbian couple. Sorry I can't remember their names.
probably more

POPULAR BUT UNCONFIRMED HEADCANONS/SHIPS

TRANSGENDER HEADCANONS
Will Solace (HoO/ToA) - some headcanon him to be FtM
Meg McCaffery (ToA) - some headcanon her to be transgender to some extent (demigirl, usually)

LGB+ HEADCANONS/SHIPS (EXCLUDING GENDER MINORITIES)
pretty much everyone lmao
Reyna (HoO) - name a girl, she's been shipped with them, probably. She's commonly headcannoned as bisexual or homosexual. Unfortunately, Rick Riordan has said he has no plans for confirming Reyna as queer due to potentially harmful stereotypes. Below I will list some of the most known queer ships involving her, with little/no explanation for headcanonned sexuality due to little discussion of it
Pipeyna - Piper (HoO, ToA) and Reyna
Reynabeth - Annabeth (PJO, HoO, MCGA) and Reyna
Theyna - Thalia (PJO, HoO, ToA), who is likely asexual or potentially homosexual, and Reyna
Reylypso (i believe) - Calypso (PJO, HoO, ToA) and Reyna
Rachel Dare (PJO, HoO [extremely minor], ToA) - widely thought of as asexual, bisexual, or homosexual
Leo Valdez (HoO, ToA) - just saying, I get major bi-vibes
Blitzen and Hearthstone (MCGA) - the most popular and accepted non-canon ship in Magnus Chase, known as Blitzstone
Percy Jackson (PJO, HoO, ToA, MCGA) and Jason Grace (HoO, ToA) - not always shipped together (though the ship is fairly well-known, Jercy), but both are often thought of as potentially bisexual, pansexual, etc. Percy more often than Jason.

to those who have read Kane Chronicles or who recall or know something i dont, please tell me and i can fix the list!!

happy holidays! (click)
butterfree !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EatTheRich666 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 am

butterfree ! wrote:i absolutely felt the same about nico- from battle of the labyrinth on i could see the queer-coding. ill do my best to make a list (not including the original series because you already read them)

HEROES OF OLYMPUS

OVERVIEW: the second series in rick riordan's "main series" as one may call them. follows the prophecy of "the seven"

A GOOD ATTEMPT AT LISTING
Piper McLean - POC, a Native American
Leo Valdez - POC, Hispanic (can't recall any specifics)
Hazel Levesque - POC, an African American from early 1900s New Orleans
Frank Zhang - POC, a Chinese Canadian
Nico di Angelo - presumably homosexual, confirmed queer
Will Solace - not confirmed queer in HoO, but after Blood of Olympus was widely headcannoned as bisexual
Favonius/Zephyros(?) - the Roman/Greek god of the West Wind. In mythology, he fell in love with a mortal (Hyacinthus) who Apollo also loved. Due to his jealousy, he killed Hyacinthus, who Apollo turned into a flower. This myth is mentioned and explained in text.
Reyna Ramirez-Arellano (may have messed up last name im not sure) - POC, Latina, I believe from Costa Rico?? I can't recall
possibly more that I forgot

THE KANE CHRONICLES

OVERVIEW: a "side series", a triology which follows the Kane siblings and revolves around Egyptian mythology. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to read it yet. However I do know some representation.

MY PITIFUL LIST
The Kane Siblings - POC, both half black, though Carter is darker in skin while his sister (who I unfortunately cannot remember the name of) is much lighter, and is usually presumbed to be completely Caucasian.

MAGNUS CHASE

OVERVIEW: another "side series". The triology follows Annabeth Chase's cousin, Magnus, and is located mostly in Boston. It revolves around Norse mythology. The series will later be shortened to MCGA.

MY TRY TO LIST THE REPRESENTATION
Samirah al-Abbas - POC, a Muslim Valkyrie
Blitzen - POC, a black dwarf
Hearthstone - a deaf elf, vague history of abuse
Magnus Chase - queer confirmed, sexuality unconfirmed but widely headcannoned as pansexual.
Alex Fierro - queer confirmed, gender fluid, sexuality unconfirmed and not very headcannoned. Doesn't appear until book two, Latinx (i believe)
Thomas Jefferson Jr. - POC, an African American, fought in the Civil War, mother was a runaway slave
possibly more

TRIALS OF APOLLO

OVERVIEW: the third "main series" series is Rick Riordan's current project, with only three of five books currently out. It follows Apollo as he faces a real wild threat, I'll try not to spoil anything.

A LIST I GUESS
Apollo - he's canonically bisexual in both the books and the myths
Will Solace - mentioned earlier, but in ToA is confirmed queer
Commodus (i think) - a Roman emperor, has romantic history with Apollo.
Emmy (?) and (cant remember name :c ) - a pair of former Huntresses of Artemis, an older lesbian couple. Sorry I can't remember their names.
probably more

POPULAR BUT UNCONFIRMED HEADCANONS/SHIPS

TRANSGENDER HEADCANONS
Will Solace (HoO/ToA) - some headcanon him to be FtM
Meg McCaffery (ToA) - some headcanon her to be transgender to some extent (demigirl, usually)

LGB+ HEADCANONS/SHIPS (EXCLUDING GENDER MINORITIES)
pretty much everyone lmao
Reyna (HoO) - name a girl, she's been shipped with them, probably. She's commonly headcannoned as bisexual or homosexual. Unfortunately, Rick Riordan has said he has no plans for confirming Reyna as queer due to potentially harmful stereotypes. Below I will list some of the most known queer ships involving her, with little/no explanation for headcanonned sexuality due to little discussion of it
Pipeyna - Piper (HoO, ToA) and Reyna
Reynabeth - Annabeth (PJO, HoO, MCGA) and Reyna
Theyna - Thalia (PJO, HoO, ToA), who is likely asexual or potentially homosexual, and Reyna
Reylypso (i believe) - Calypso (PJO, HoO, ToA) and Reyna
Rachel Dare (PJO, HoO [extremely minor], ToA) - widely thought of as asexual, bisexual, or homosexual
Leo Valdez (HoO, ToA) - just saying, I get major bi-vibes
Blitzen and Hearthstone (MCGA) - the most popular and accepted non-canon ship in Magnus Chase, known as Blitzstone
Percy Jackson (PJO, HoO, ToA, MCGA) and Jason Grace (HoO, ToA) - not always shipped together (though the ship is fairly well-known, Jercy), but both are often thought of as potentially bisexual, pansexual, etc. Percy more often than Jason.

to those who have read Kane Chronicles or who recall or know something i dont, please tell me and i can fix the list!!

that's perfect and i'm glad you included HC's. thank you so much!
EatTheRich666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butterfree ! » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:27 am

no problem i spent a long time on it which is good because i was in the middle of a really boring car ride :/ it also got me like 70+ notes on tumblr haha it probably was a little unnecessary how much i put in and all that but i got really excited lmao

happy holidays! (click)
butterfree !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EatTheRich666 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:32 am

butterfree ! wrote:no problem i spent a long time on it which is good because i was in the middle of a really boring car ride :/ it also got me like 70+ notes on tumblr haha it probably was a little unnecessary how much i put in and all that but i got really excited lmao

I LOVE IT. I'll reblog the tumblr post too if you wanna link me. c:
EatTheRich666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butterfree ! » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:05 am

oh!!! im on mobile rn so i cant but if you really want to, the account is valhalla-at-ya-b0i but seriously man i had a ton of fun making the list so ^^

happy holidays! (click)
butterfree !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Username ;; wintery winnie
      Nickname ;; adriana ((i would prefer this since my user changes often))
      Favorite book in PJO ;; the og holds a special place in my heart
      Favorite character in PJO ;; annabeth chase, wise girl
      Favorite book in HoO ;; the house of hades
      Favorite character in HoO ;; leo valdez, bad boy supreme
      Number One Canon Ship ;; percabeth
      Number One Non-canon Ship ;; jason x brick / hearth x blitz
      Why do you want to join? ;; i have found my people
      Other ;; my sister first introduced me to the series when i was in seventh grade. i had seen the lightning theif movie before reading the books and enjoyed it, then my sister told me the movie was based off a book series and implored me to read the books. i fell in love immediately. i already had an interst in greek mythology before, but the books enhanced my love for the crazy myths. i enjoy the adventure and comedy and riordans way of writing. it's easy to follow and simple, yet he brings the world to life. percy jackson made me love to read and i disowned the movies. i've read all the books. all of them; percy jackson, heroes of olympus, kane chronicles, magnus chase, and trials of apollo. my favorite series would have to be trials of apollo, i cannot wait for the next book to come out! the burning maze. oh god. tears all around. i legit cried in school as i read it. but books two has the best chapter name ever; wenches on winches. golden. love it. together my sister and i own every book. i've probably read all the books ((excluding kane chronicles)) three times now. we named our male cat perseus / percy after percy jackson. our female cat was originally called piper after piper mclean, though nobody calls her that, she's tiny forever and always.
      percabeth5everr

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆