[ Percy Jackson Fanclub ] [ v.3 ]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: [ Percy Jackson Fanclub ] [ v.3 ]

Postby itherin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Username ;; Mystic~
      Nickname ;;
      Favorite book in PJO ;; All, I cant chose!
      Favorite character in PJO ;; there are soooo many but probably Nico, Percy or Annabeth
      Favorite book in HoO ;; Again all of them
      Favorite character in HoO ;; I cant chose!
      Number One Canon Ship ;; Solangelo or Percabeth
      Number One Non-canon Ship ;; i cant say for sure
      Why do you want to join? ;; Because why not? Its a Percy Jackson Fanclub for goodness sake!
      Other ;;
      percabeth5everr
itherin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:22 am

Mystic~ wrote:
      Username ;; Mystic~
      Nickname ;;
      Favorite book in PJO ;; All, I cant chose!
      Favorite character in PJO ;; there are soooo many but probably Nico, Percy or Annabeth
      Favorite book in HoO ;; Again all of them
      Favorite character in HoO ;; I cant chose!
      Number One Canon Ship ;; Solangelo or Percabeth
      Number One Non-canon Ship ;; i cant say for sure
      Why do you want to join? ;; Because why not? Its a Percy Jackson Fanclub for goodness sake!
      Other ;;
      percabeth5everr

Welcome!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major 👁
    - RWC - trades - - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danny fenton » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:09 am

my problem right now: the constant struggle between really wanting to read my book (in this case it's ship of the dead) and not wanting to finish it too fast because i want to enjoy it for as long as possible cx

kiri - she/her - loves danny phantom way too much
danny fenton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 am

danny fenton wrote:my problem right now: the constant struggle between really wanting to read my book (in this case it's ship of the dead) and not wanting to finish it too fast because i want to enjoy it for as long as possible cx

Aaah. Happens to me a lot. Well, you better finish it, then reread it XD
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:12 am

Aaahhh, same. I'm always too fast reading stuff I love. If I have free time, like reading manga on my days off I might burn through fifty chapters at one. It's insane. I finished 220 chapters in three days once. (I got sick after)
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:12 am

plus ultra wrote:Aaahhh, same. I'm always too fast reading stuff I love. If I have free time, like reading manga on my days off I might burn through fifty chapters at one. It's insane. I finished 220 chapters in three days once. (I got sick after)

Pssshhh... you are not alone friend.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grayce! » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 am

Captain. A. Stark. wrote:
plus ultra wrote:Aaahhh, same. I'm always too fast reading stuff I love. If I have free time, like reading manga on my days off I might burn through fifty chapters at one. It's insane. I finished 220 chapters in three days once. (I got sick after)

Pssshhh... you are not alone friend.

HEY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to have a review on magnus XD
Image ImageImage

grayce! / pisces / she/her/ credit
pms are open! always looking for new friends. im an author, ask me about my writing commissions! currently looking for all sorts of trades, just check my profile. let's talk about cartoons and music <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archive, comms, wishlist
grayce!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Sure!

Which book, friend?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grayce! » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:37 pm

Captain. A. Stark. wrote:Sure!

Which book, friend?

first one, love!
Image ImageImage

grayce! / pisces / she/her/ credit
pms are open! always looking for new friends. im an author, ask me about my writing commissions! currently looking for all sorts of trades, just check my profile. let's talk about cartoons and music <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archive, comms, wishlist
grayce!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 am

Dysfuntioned wrote:
Captain. A. Stark. wrote:Sure!

Which book, friend?

first one, love!

Okay! (PS: I do actual book reviews, so if you have any requests, just ask!)

Rick Riordan is back with a new mythology, Magnus Chase. After wrapping up his series Heroes of Olympus last year, he is finally back with his new writing based on Norse mythology. It is remarkable how Riordan started from Greek to Roman to Egyptian and now Norse mythology. All of his books are equally hilarious and the best quality with the correct mixture of myth and fiction.

Riordan has a very unique style of writing; he is generally famous for his first series, Percy Jackson and the Gods of Olympus, since the age restriction for that series is only 7+. Long gone are the days when a child shows absolutely no interest in their own history class when the teacher talks about Greek or Roman god, or just about any mythology actually. Instead, after reading Rick Riordan’s works there is this sense of excitement since whatever is being taught you are already aware of it or most of it. The best part is that it isn’t even boring. Mythology has never interested me but ever since I started reading Rick Riordan I have developed interests in mythology that I didn’t even knew existed.

Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer
Magnus Chase is set in Boston, USA. It begins with a brief introduction of Magnus Chase, similar to what older readers get in Percy Jackson. It shares the same thrill and fun. So the book begins by introducing a character called Magnus Chase who is almost 16 and has been homeless for almost 2 years now. Even though Magnus Chase has an extended family, who a little later come in search of him, he does not trust them. His mother told him to never trust his uncles, ever. So he obeyed her. He would rather be homeless than disobey his mother whom he dearly loved even after she was gone. How could he not, she was his only family?

Things were almost normal for Magnus Chase until another homeless guy, apparently his friend, tells him to run because some people are coming to find him. This was a little weird because as far as he remembers his family and everyone else had given up searching for him long back. However, he does not run away from the problem, he runs towards it. He needs to find out who was looking for him. After a little walking and a few flashbacks he finally discovers that his other uncle and a cousin, Annabeth (who people would recognize from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series) are looking for him, passing out flyers around the city. This was weird. After this point it was as if his life couldn’t get any more abnormal. He dies.

It was strange but also fascinating that Rick Riordan kills his protagonist in the first few chapter of the book. Oh and he was also told that he was a son of a Norse god. From that point his adventure began. His mission was to stop doomsday and he could either postpone it or prepone it by 7 days. They were honestly not prepared for a fight against evil so his best option was to delay doomsday since it is inevitable. This is a journey of how his manages to do that - or perhaps fails to do that. On his way to delay doomsday he encounters several renowned gods, some who stood up to his expectations and some who didn’t including Thor, Loki, Frey, Freya, Mimir and many more.

Overall the book is fantastically written. It reminded me how much I missed Rick Riordan’s writing and that he is a genius. I would read this book over and over again until the second book comes out. There is something about this book which makes it different to his other books, as there is a usage of different cultures. Two people from the same world and different opinions - their thoughts might clash but they teach each other a lot of new things. It is amazing how easily Riordan included that.

Rating: 4.3/5
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me