Ball Jointed Doll Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Ball Jointed Doll Club

Postby peachyykat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:05 am

i feel like your doll is a rare exception to my normal dislike of recasts- your dad didn't know and that's not his fault. i feel like since she wasn't purchased with knowledge of why the recast dolls are cheaper it's not as much of a problem,,

however if you're wanting to join den of angels, which is a bjd forum that many bjd owners use, i'd have to recommend that you wait until you get a legit doll. doa is very, very anti-recast and they'll ban you for even discussing recasts :(

i was kinda thinking the same thing about the boy 1/4 dolls- but i cannot recommend iplehouse enough if you're trying to find a 1/4 doll that looks less childlike. if you're looking for 1/4 boys, i might look at owen? his lips are a teensy bit pouty but his face is much less childlike than some other companies. my personal favorite 1/4 iplehouse boy is edwin though because i love his little smirk :0

if you're wanting a super manly doll though, you might have to size up to 1/3. once again iplehouse has some really great mature face sculpts in that area.

(i really want an iplehouse violet for my next doll lol-she looks very mature and she's absolutely gorgeous ;o;)

since the thing perhaps is to eat flowers and not to be afraid - e.e. cummings

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:47 am

I don't think I'll be joining anytime soon lol I'd probably join when I have more dolls to talk about. But thank you for that advice, I had no idea about that :0 The only things I've seen from Den of Angels are links from google on care and such.

I love Iplehouse as well! I follow someone on Insta and I absolutely adore their dolls and a majority are from Iplehouse. I actually didn't see many 1/4 dolls from them so thank you for that link! Those are definitely not as child-like as I've seen from others. I don't mind bigger eyes and such but most of the boys I was seeing from other companies looked more similar to faces of 1/6 dolls :lol: The ones that looked a bit more serious in the eye shape are almost always frowning and the ones smiling have very big eyes XD I love them all pretty much I just thought it funny that the one thing I was looking for seems to be a bit uncommon lol
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:32 pm

like i said, i love edwin lol- still more mature-looking than some companies, not so serious!!! i kinda feel like most boy dolls got the short end of the stick with most companies :(

where do you get most of your doll clothes from? i haven't found a whole lot of shops i love but i just placed a huge order to starrshinedesigns on etsy! they've got so so many cheap doll clothes that are also really cute (and they've also got a sale going on until the end of this month!) :0
i also like the looks of clothes from guppykisses and cyristinecreations - im a sucker for anything pastel even though i'd never wear it, living vicariously though my doll lol

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Yea I know :,< Most of my original characters are boys, it's difficult to look for them so I haven't lol

I don't know, my dad got Saerine's dress and shoes(well I picked out the shoes but I wasn't paying attention to names and his phone is much different then mine so idk what he was on...) I've been shopping around etsy lately though actually! I also love Cyristine's shop. I found an outfit I loved there but found out the skirt to it isn't sold or at least not anymore X,D But I really love those tops!
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:06 am

it looks like most of cyristine's clothing is very well made, but it's a bit pricier than most of the clothes i've seen ;-;

i've seen a few people with dresses from "foxesliketea" but when i go to their shop it's always empty :/ the dresses are very very pretty and i'd love to have one but i never know when they're restocking!! >:0

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 am

Hmm... They probably have a social media page somewhere. A lot of people I follow, not just for dolls, have their etsy pages open at certain times and give updates on when it's open. Maybe if you can, try asking people if she has an account somewhere!
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:13 am

thats probably a good idea!! i'll try to find her

fairyland emailed me back a couple of days ago and told me that i should expect my babe to ship out end of this month or early next month!! i'm hoping that means that she's almost done- they also mentioned bad weather in seoul right now, which means the sealant on her faceup is going to have a hard time drying :// still super excited that she's still on track!!

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:27 am

Ooh!!! That's so exciting though! I can't wait to see her, have you bought/received anything you wanted to order for her yet?
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachyykat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:08 pm

not really, i did get the clothes i told you about, but i think that's all i've gotten... no shoes/wig yet! i've been practicing making my own brushed yarn wigs which have turned out decent! i have a feeling i'm gonna love playing with the clothes i got even if i don't have the doll yet lol

peachyykat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Chimera » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 pm

I want to make some yarn wigs as well. But I have a lot of other crafts I like to do and no real reason to make yarn wigs yet so I haven't gotten any yarn. All I have is pink and green camo yarn X,D Hopefully everything comes soon or before when she does! I thought about a mini closet but I don't know where I'd get that lol I'm having a hard time trying to find a bed that suits and fits her XD Right now I put her things in these little drawers that were supposed to be for Pet Shops but the pets are too big :,)
Moth Chimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me