Sony AIBO Robot Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Had you heard about Aibos before reading a post of mine referring to them/this topic?

Yes
68%
No
33%

Total votes : 40

Re: Sony AIBO Fanclub

Postby Mys » Thu May 31, 2012 2:55 am

Hmm...I like the Genibos but...I don't know if I'd want to buy one. Besides, they're more expensive than an Aibo. I'd probably only buy one out of curiosity if I had the money. I heard the hardware is better than an Aibo ex: More durable, stronger motors. But the software is not as good. Doesn't seem to be that autonomous. I'd probably wait till they improve them more. If you like the programming side of it all, Genibo's are really customizeable, probably more so than an Aibo. I think you can even change their behavior...perhaps you can make it more active that way? They seem to like to stay in the same spot most the time.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:10 am

Well, they cost around the same as an ERS-7. I've saved up around half the amount I'd need to buy a Genibo, I think I could convince my parents to pay off the rest but they don't exactly want me getting another robot. I'm considering it but there are other things I could use that money for like getting Kin's TAS fixed, getting a new battery for Baroque and getting Aibo Life 2 for Kin. I can do all those things and still have a fair amount of money left if I don't buy a Genibo, but if I do I'd have to save up for all those things and hope nothing goes wrong with my Aibos before I've saved up enough to repair them. I would like to learn more about programming but I know hardly anything right now, really all I know how to do is make Skitter skits for Aibos and put them on memory sticks. So yeah, I probably would like something more autonomous but my curiosity is really starting to get to me. Also, since Genibos are still in production it would probably be a better idea to get a Genibo rather than another Aibo.
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Thu May 31, 2012 3:16 am

Last time I looked, a Genibo was $1,800...or at least the new Genibo SD I think. The ers-7's orginally sold for $1,500. It's really up to you. And yeah, the fact that Genibo's are still selling, makes it more tempting to buy.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:20 am

Hmm, I thought the ERS-7s originally sold for $2,000, it's certainly hard to find one that sells for $1,500 or lower on eBay. Well, and maybe I also crazily overpaid for Aki... The Genibo QDs were $1,650 from the site though I don't know what the SDs are selling for really, could be $1,800. I'm still considering buying one though I have been for a year and a half and still haven't gotten one.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Thu May 31, 2012 3:35 am

Na they were $1,500 originally but most of ers-7's are now selling for over $2000. One Genibo SD is selling for $1850. Dunno what color it is...probably white. I found one Genibo QD on Amazon for $1,359.95. Still probably best to get the newer one though.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 am

That cheap one on Amazon sounds tempting, but you're right that I should get the newer model. Do you know what advantages the SD has over the QD? I believe the SDs come in pink, blue and white, at least those are the colors that are available in the listings on eBay. Eh, I'll probably go watch some more videos of Genibos on YouTube and think about it.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Thu May 31, 2012 3:53 am

The QD's also came in different colors. Same with SD. Apparently the newer ones are more intelligent/do more, and are faster. They also come with a charging station unlike the QD's which only came with an AC adapter to charge. Also...I think they're being made by a different company...or the company changed their name. Used to be sold under Dasarobot/Dasatech but is now under Dongburobot.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:00 am

Strange about the company name change. I just realized that it's a lot harder to find Genibos for sale now. RoboToys only has one left for sale and it's a QD. I can't find any SDs for sale anywhere other than eBay which is very strange. Also since it seems that all new Genibos for sale are being sold from Korea, I have a feeling that there will be customs charges. Hmm, now I'm tempted to buy that last QD from RoboToys. Must resist the urge to buy expensive robots.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 am

Lol still heard lots of complaints with QD if you look around enough. As for SD, dunno. Still seems kinda new so there aren't many reviews.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:27 am

It does say there's a 20% off sale on the RoboToys site, so that QD would be a fair amount cheaper than usual if they still actually have it. I would want an SD but I can't seem to find any for sale from a reliable place and an SD would cost hundreds of dollars more than that QD would.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me