Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby MoonlightAngela » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Oh yeah that map, I keep forgetting that is for Overwatch and not heroes of the storm. It seems more like a map for that game, though I don't mind it at all being for Overwatch. lol from what I've seen it looks interesting and I personally can't wait to figure out some maps tricks for the characters I play. They might release it when the next event starts at the latest, or on one of the upcoming Tuesdays. They usually do updates, at least for Xbox, on Tuesday.

Heya, I'm MoonlightAngela. And I have been a member since 2013 on ChickenSmoothie. However, I had taken a break from this site for about a year and a half, but now I'm back. Yay! I am hoping to catch up on what I missed, and have a good time on this site again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some random
little facts about me.
I don't have a particular
favorite color, but I just
like good color schemes.
I'm lesbian (woo, gay!).
I make drawings and some
others types of art, and
plan on starting to get
into digital art seriously
soon. I may seem nice,
but secretly am really edgy.
My Hogwarts house is
Slytherin

I like to roleplay, so
feel free to message
me if you are looking
for someone. Right
now I'm interested
in Warriors, stuff to
do with mythical
creatures and/or beings,
and transformers.
Also, I am really into
Overwatch. But you can
message me for a friend
or someone to talk to c:

MoonlightAngela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caelus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Van Helsing Mccree wrote:In season 6 my placements were 2 (wins)/8 and I placed plat. This season i finished 7 (wins)/3 and placed gold.
Classic

Probably because I played Mercy more in these placements and therefore got less medals

I did all my placements with the same person in S5, I think we went 7-2 with a draw. I placed at 2k and he placed at 2400.
Needless to say I was very salty. I also mained support. We both ended up climbing but he climbed to 2700 significantly faster than me. Idk why blizz punishes support mains so hard. :/
Caelus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jones. » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:40 am

Im a little confused, I play Overwatch pretty much everyday and well I think I'm not too awful at it. But all these terms are confusing me, such as nerf. I also really want to watch the league but have no idea what its on (YouTube, Blizzards website etc).

My main character is Moira because I like that she has a pretty powerful attack as well as being able to heal teammates and herself.
The only issue I have is her ult, its just awful in my opinion. It isnt very powerful and the only main use is to heal the other players which she can do anyway, does anyone else find this?
The only other issue I have is with D.va and Junkrats ults, Junks a little less but they both just effect such a large area with such a powerful attack too. I find myself playing either of the characters just for the ults and I think it's a little unfair as anyone playing as D.va or Junk pretty much gets player of the game every time due to the amount of people they can kill at one time.

I also really want to play Pharah more but I just find her really challenging, any tips?

EDIT: I was rooting for Seoul originally strictly due to aesthetic skins point but I've actually started watching their games and now im super rooting for them
Last edited by Jones. on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jones.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonfirebreath111 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:42 am

I wanna join :D
Overwatch fave character/s/?- Mercy, Lúcio
Pies
/don't remove that Pies thingy xD/

Mercy main with almost 65 hours on her, I’ve been working on Reinhardt and Soldier: 76 but have awful aim. Any tips?
dragonfirebreath111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harbinger » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm

oof i love taking a loss for one of my placement matches because i failed to connect to server. it's not that i disconnected--i was never in to begin with. :') oh well.

---

@rin ;v; i believe blizzardworld was just confirmed to be coming out next tuesday, january 23 c:

---

@jones. nerfing a character is basically when a change is made to them that makes them weaker in some way, while buffing makes them stronger. i don't have one on me at the moment, but i think there are several videos on youtube going over different terms used in overwatch and what they mean as well.

as for the overwatch league, it can be viewed live on twitch.tv, but matches also end up being uploaded to youtube afterwards, so you can usually just search for them then.

personally i think that moira's ultimate is okay as is. honestly, the majority of the healers' ultimates are mainly used to heal the team, but that's what healers do. on the other hand, a lot of offensive heroes' ultimates can be boiled down to being used to just kill the enemy--but that's their job. that being said i haven't played a lot of moira, so i'm probably not the best to ask lol. junkrat definitely still needs some adjustments, but as far as d.va's ultimate goes, it's actually pretty simple to avoid, as it's based on line-of-sight. just hiding behind the payload, or in some cases even something as extreme as a streetlight, can keep you alive.

and honestly, practice makes perfect with heroes like pharah. the longer you play her, the better you'll get at predicting where the enemy will go, and be able to aim accordingly. if you'd like to focus exclusively on aiming, i would suggest trying deathmatch in the arcade. also, try not to use all of your rocket fuel at once; so instead of holding the button, just tap it as needed so you can hover for as long as possible. don't be afraid to use your ultimate; you don't have to wait for the possibility of a team wipe. even just getting one or two kills out of it can be enough.

---

@dragonfirebreath111 honestly all i can suggest is that you play around with your aim settings until you find something you're comfortable with. beyond that, personally i've found that deathmatch in the arcade has really helped me with my aim, at least for lucio, because it's not about any of the team dynamics and roles; instead it's solely about your individual performance, so it's a good way of practicing the fundamental mechanics of a character, such as aiming.
x
harb ✦ they/them

howdy! i'm harb c:
i think you're cool

adult ✦ est ✦
harbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't know if this was just me being mean or being a savage but I was playing mercy cos we needed a second healer in this comp match and this guy makes fun of my username and I'm like "hey bud, do you wanna be healed or not?" and he just goes silent -

also thank you everyone for the comp tips!! they're really helpful
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 pm

peach tea!@ -high fives
    own it >:D that's probably the best thing I've heard all week

blizzard world! yay qvq
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duhl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm

have you guys seen the @playoverwatch tweet????
    the one that shows the sprays???
    I need the d.va skin so bad ;;;;;;; im weeping
    she's too cute. im gonna be disappointed in blizzard if she doesnt get that skin :^((((
duhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harbinger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 pm

i love the d.va skin!! and that lucio (highkey numbani aesthetic?? idk but i love it)...... and pharah.... heart eyes

i can't wait to see them in-game. i'd be shocked if they weren't getting added, since all the others are different existing (or at least already announced) skins. it'd be weird if the other four were just randomly tossed in designs that weren't actually being added. :0

oof i'm so excited for next tuesday... honestly more because of the loot than the map, but the map looks cool too, so... win win
x
harb ✦ they/them

howdy! i'm harb c:
i think you're cool

adult ✦ est ✦
harbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups