Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Check the Pol

Postby inkyy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 am

selling characters (including kiamara and starsweets) here

just got this really cool piece of art by gristle (on cs)
    i adore the art style!!

@dragongoddest man, i love the colours on the last piece of art. good luck selling your characters :)
    @claypigeon oooooh those are so cute! tempted to buy some when i get some points

live long and prosper!
pfp by millionfish

inky / they / adult
toyhouse flight rising
trade thread
inkyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 pm

@peter parker what a gorgeous art piece! Good luck selling your chars, you have some real beauties there! c:
@dragongoddest beautiful art and beautiful characters, I love the colours!
@Paranoia I love those characters, their designs are really stunning and their bios are very intriguing

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 -Rule Change p

Postby capone. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 am

capone. wrote:

@peter parker -- aaAAA nice art omg !! i adore gristle's work,,,
      @dragongoddest -- good luck selling !! that second character is adorable, is it a dutch angel dragon? i hope you find some roleplays soon !!
      @paranoia -- that second character of yours is super neat !! i'd really love to know more about him *v* but omg mabel is??? adorable?? all that art is lovely as well, congrats on getting all that ! and that's neat that you get a surprise when you commission them, maybe i should try that some time ^v^
      @hush - awh, she's really cute! i don't need any new characters right now, but i hope she finds a good home<3

cap - he/him - adult
i love my fursona, bnha, and my bf more than life
and i think that’s neat
my kals - song of the week

blasty boy 💣 || song credit || icon credit x

capone.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 am

hey guys! i need usd fast so uhhh
https://qngelo.deviantart.com/art/usd-p ... -741891267

ahh also i got new art and new ocs! check em out!!
by lost-ghoul !!

blade by mercury.!

then i got art of seattle which is in my signature! credit is there too.
i also got this lovely work by fab.

and this of kodi by kittidippity !

finally, two new ocs--
mikey by corvidad!

and here's antonio! by piqeon. he's my baby and i got him an icon by okahui.

hh i love my kids

@capone.
ooh good luck! i love list pets but i'm lazy

@peter parker
ahhh such gorgeous work!!! congrats

@dragongoddest
ooh i may have some boys to offer

will add more later, gotta blast i rlly shouldn't be on my phone at school djdjdj
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 pm

@reuxci: I love your two new OCs. Something about the orangeish brown looks great on both of them.
@Peter: that is very unique, I'm unsure what else to call that art piece other than unique lol.
@dragon: the wyvern looks great! Is it two minds one body or one mind two heads?

For anyone who has not answered the pole question yet
Code: Select all
[b][color=#BF0080]Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?[/color][/b]

And I had a thought today so here is this
[b]In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?[/b]

In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?
Lets see. For a while I was getting royal looking characters, which always spike my interest still, and there was a nature themed stage, and a creepy themed stage. Right now I think im still in a magic theme phase.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 pm

@lunamoth19 interesting questions! I'll give this a shot

Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter? I voted to leave it as it is. If there were a separate thread for ads, it would just act as the art shops forum. I also just don't see it as a problem, the people who do post ads usually have examples which is sharing art, as well as replies to other users so they are contributing to discussion :) this thread moves relatively slowly and people have to wait 5 pages before posting an ad. 5 pages ago was on April 15, a full 10 days ago so if people can only post an ad approximately every 10 days, I don't really see it as an issue personally <3

@IrishRascal gorgeous characters, good luck getting offers and I hope you find some characters you like!
@reuxci I love all the art! Mikey is super cute
@capone. Good luck with the contest, I hope it goes well!

I just wanted to share this run cycle I had been working on!

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 am

@peter parker - that's such a unique art style, not really my thing but it is super cool and not the typical thing you see all the time.
@reuxci - Oh I never thought of doing one of those mine/yours thing as a way to get art... may have to keep that in mind for future! That one piece of Kodi is super super cute, and I like how both your new characters have the same beautiful colour scheme ~
@MotherMother - WOW As an animation student I'll say that that looks amazing! Not many run/walk cycles I see are so smooth or have all the different moving parts that they should (as in, not just the feet move but tail drag, ears, head bobble, EVEN THE TONGUE OH MY GOSH) The markings are very consistent too, I love it

In your time of owning characters have you gone through theme phases? What phases have you gone through? Are you in one now?
My first character were all CS adoptables and mostly horses, but lately I've been super into griffins and dinosaurs, I'm casually looking out for a raptor kind of character to obtain, or I may make my own one day.

I won't answer the poll question because I haven't been active on the thread in a loooong time so I can't give an educated input!
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KenmilltoSky » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 am

@Paranoia That art is so cute! Personally I love the one by pimsri. It's a gorgeous character!
@peter parker That piece is amazing! I've never seen that sort of style before! Nice!
@reuxci Lovely new art! And your two new characters are cute!

--

Regarding the Add Pole why did you vote the way you did? What are your views on the matter?
I voted "Make a separate thread for advertisements, keep the main thread for discussion". However, I don't think ads are the problem. There are just as much ads as there used to be, they're just not being drowned out by actual discussion.

Unpopular opionion here. I've been part of the CAAA since the very first thread. I've seen the whole arc of changes, discussed my characters thoroughly, organised roleplays and made a lot of friends through this thread. There was one time that I knew almost every user's main character by name and image alone. I don't think the issue is ads. It's an unpopular opinion, and not one people might agree with, but I'll put my two pennies in. I think the issue is the mandatory 'reply' system that's going on. As people have pointed out, the replies don't feel genuine, they're forced. Many members set the tone of replying to a whole array of people, which then other people mimic that, and you have members replying to 8 people at a time.

It's not a character discussion anymore. I don't post on here any more because it's not a discussion. There used to be topics of conversations that came up, and people would reply in sequence to each other, conversing about a theme or topic or character. That doesn't happen anymore. Instead, it feels like people are putting one big post up, and then not replying for several more pages. This isn't a "discussion" anymore and it doesn't feel that way. It feels like people are putting a big poster up and then leaving again. There's none of the conversation, the indepth discussion, the things that used to make people passionate about their own (and other people's) characters. I feel disconnected from members on here now, I barely know people's characters and there is no platform to openly talk and celebrate them. I doubt people would even remember Fortress anymore, who was my pretty well-known "main" back in the day.

Fortress by moonlight_girl

It felt more like a community before. My characters made friends with other characters, I found them mates, I was gifted art, I gifted art, stories were made up, roleplays organised, etc. Now I rarely post because it seems like the same rinse and repeat. Post about new art, post add, reply, rinse, repeat. The feedback and discussion is gone. There's a lot of questions aiming to get people to talk about their characters, which I like, but the stringent and long posts can be off-putting.

I just feel like the "discussion" has gone. Ads are just something that has become apparent because of this. But that's just my opinion!
ImageImage
Rest In Peace Skye. <3
07/07/2002 - 19/12/2014
Watch Skye's Story!
I was formerly Wild-x-Beauty.
KenmilltoSky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger-bytes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 am

What is this madness? Maya posting twice in the same week? Madness! I'm wanting to attempt to be more active within the actual CAAA forum itself rather than just being active in the Discord server ;v;
Coding is a pain though which is why I usually don't post often ffs

@Leafstorm151- Your collection of tuna-flipper cats is coming along nicely! I hope you're able to achieve your goal of collecting them all! ;v;
@bat-ty- I haven't seen a parapup in a while! Such a cutie!! I love winter colors ;v; That Galvani has beautiful colors as well!
@Batman- That mako is pretty! I hope it gets re-homed and that you manage to get a Mako you like! ;v;
@Lunamoth19- I've always thought Aphrodite was pretty ;v;
@TheSongOfTheStars- Freesia is so pretty! I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for owls ;v;
@Paranoia- Right? I LOVE Azure's artwork! I consider myself a regular customer of her and her boyfriend aha. Also that artwork is beautiful! I love the style of the artist Eayn and Rattenstein ;v;
@dragongoddest- Ooh normally I don't like 2 headed anything but that dragon is very neat! The colors go well and I like that they even have their own individualized look! ;v;
@MotherMother- That run cycle looks amazing! It's so smooth and the markings move very well with the rest of the body! ;v;
@KenmilltoSky- That artwork is so pretty! I admire her artwork a lot ;v;

Through my 6 years of being a character owner and character developer I have definitely gone through many different theme phases both with character designs. These themes include:
-Emo (Everyone had some you can't tell me otherwise lol)
-Celestial (SO many speckled stars)
-Red Black and White (Usually Black base, White underbelly, and Red accents)

To expand on @Lunamoth19's question
[b]Have your [i]tastes[/i] in character designs or species changed over the years? If so how? What are your current tastes if you have a specific taste?[/b]

To answer my own question:
I used to love canine characters, but over the years (most recently) my tastes have been oriented more towards large cats, though I still adopt/buy some canine characters. Many people will tell you (And I won't deny it) that I am going through a tiger phase and many people on the CAAA discord call me the crazy tiger lady aha
My tastes in designs has also shifted from brighter colors to less saturated, softer colors. I gravitate towards seminatural colors and designs now but I do have many exceptions.

I've also recently gotten 3 new characters!
ImageImageImage
Links go to their Toyhou.se! Left to right the designers are Sadbloom, Lvcifurs, and C-Chimera all of DeviantART ;v;
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenNyra » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 am

--- Long post ahead ---

Hello hello fellow club members
I set myself the goal to get back to conversation and away from just posting here a huge post once a month haha so i will try to answer as much questions and contribute to the club!

______________________________Art______________________________

Since my style changed so much i gave my Fursona Nyra a little makeover!
I didn't really change much next to her clothing and a new mark but i still feel like she is finally more...me if you know what i mean.
She has been my Fursona since 9 years now and i think i finally connected with her the way i always wanted to ;v;

______________________________Comments & Questions______________________________

Have your tastes in character designs or species changed over the years? If so how? What are your current tastes if you have a specific taste?
Oh yes they did! When i started to design characters i was all down for feral designs, mostly cats. My very first characters looked horrible you won't believe me! Lots of neon colors and emo hair was involved...if you want to see what i mean click here but beware of flashy colors. I warned you. Now i usually stick to pretty monochrome designs, lots of white and grays with just a tiny splash of color (see my Fursona)
Next to that i did change my taste in species as well. Once i was the total cat hoarder then i went to wolfes and now i'm a mixture of Anthro and human characters! Of course i have some feral chars left that i love deeply but i overall like humanoid-ish designs more!

I think of this questions as design or mood-themed phases and so: yeah!
I was a huuuuge emo when i was younger and all my characters had this awkward side-bang haircut that always covered one of their eyes so i don't need to draw that and they were always sad and stuff haha.
Since i got over my depressions i evolved from emo to a gothic-punk mix and so did my characters!
So i am in a goth phase now as well as in a Anthro/human phase as stated above!

Pick a character and show us what they look like. Do they like the spring season? What do they like/dislike? What are their favorite activities in this season? What is their favorite thing to eat/drink around this time of year?
Say hello to Killian!
(art by Treeiights)
He is a total flower child and he loves spring and most importantly the flowers haha. The warm breeze that is not too hot to be outside the whole day, the clear sky and the blooming nature just makes him happy and he loves to walk around the forest to see things come to live. He usually eats a lot of fruits and vegetables that grow in this season and he is a smoothie-lover!

I'm not very creative when it comes to asking questions but i give it a try!
Do you have a character with an unusual ability? If so, show them to us and tell us something about their power and how they got it!

To answer my own question here:
meet Venom super old art by me!
He lost his live when he tried to protect his mate but was soon awoken to this form. He can't remember how he survived and tries to find his mate to get back his memories but the problem is: he lost any kind of emotion and eye-sight in the reviving.
The eyes on his body open at night and give him the ability to see but once the sun rises they close.

Now to comments:
@MayaDaBanana: Cool to see that other people had the same idea as me to be more active over here :D Aah the Emo-phase...good to know that i'm not the only one going through that haha oh and now that you say it...i had a lot of red/black/white designs as well. Your new three characters look wonderful! I love the tiger a lot as i don't own a big cat myself!
@KenmilltoSky: I actually remember Fortress! I used to just stalk this club when i was new so i didn't really got to know anyone until i started to feel confident enough to post but i totally agree with what you say regarding the poll that's why i try to always comment a lot. It hurts to see that only 1-2 people commented on your post with "cool" or "nice char" so i always try to avoid that!
@Bella: Ooh interesting! I never had a horse or dinosaur phase so it's very cool to see other peoples take in that! Raptor themed species are adorable i love them!
@MotherMother: That run cycle is amazing! I try to animate since years now and i never get the motion as smooth as you did! Keep that up you will get far with animations :D
@lunamoth19: ooh yes the royal phase...i actually have a character named queen (very much thought went into this name haha) and i love her to bits even tho i don't draw her anymore.
@reuxci: Super nice art you got there! I really like the second characters colors...the gray with the red hair looks awesome together and antonio is just...so cute??? can i cuddle him??
@dragongoddest: wow you got amazing new characters! I love love love the dragon and the last art piece looks so vibrant it's awesome!
@paranoia: Okay that first character is such a cutie i want to cuddle that one too please. Also Mabel?? How do you always have such amazing designs when i see you around the club i'm getting jealous ;v; The art you got is lovely i really like eayns style a lot need to check them out!

______________________________Advertisement______________________________

Finally finished my website ♥ Chek our my commissions and portfolio over here
DeviantART
Feel free to contact me over here on my deviantart
Last edited by QueenNyra on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me