-CS Caterpillar fanclub- New members welcome!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: -CS Caterpillar fanclub- New members welcome!

Postby bark » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 pm

ABoxOfToxicNoodles wrote:I might try to raise a caterpillar! I have a butterfly garden at my house and I usually see caterpillars but NO butterflies a few months later. I want to raise one and actually keep it alive, even if butterflies don't live that long anyways!

it's probably not healthy or safe for the caterpillar oops

I wish you luck! Be sure to do your research and identify which species your pipe cleaners are!

Also, if you'd like to post; please be sure to fill out a member ship form and post it on the thread!
It's on the front page, second post :)
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tøxiclilypetals » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 pm

K-9-Dog wrote:
ABoxOfToxicNoodles wrote:I might try to raise a caterpillar! I have a butterfly garden at my house and I usually see caterpillars but NO butterflies a few months later. I want to raise one and actually keep it alive, even if butterflies don't live that long anyways!

it's probably not healthy or safe for the caterpillar oops

I wish you luck! Be sure to do your research and identify which species your pipe cleaners are!

Also, if you'd like to post; please be sure to fill out a member ship form and post it on the thread!
It's on the front page, second post :)

I already did xD
I'm ToxicFoxes101 but I changed my user x3
aloha! call me toxic!
absolutely hopeless, but at least im still here
i do art and stuff
my patronus is a st bernard and
my house is ravenclaw
fav pokemon is espeon!
team starkid? yes

she/her || bisexual
single pringle but too shy to mingle
11/03

discord: toxicissleeping#7875
dragon cave: Lillianissleeping
amino: send noodles
toyhouse: toxiclilypetals
tøxiclilypetals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 pm

K-9-Dog wrote:
Awwwww you're such a great pipecleaner parent! <33
//jots down Romain Lettuce for my shopping list// I think you're my go to person for advice when it comes to raising woolybears!
Since Wooly bears need to hibernate, what signs do I need to keep an eye out for that it's time to move them to a colder environment? Or should they remain in a cold environment at all times? My home has an indoor porch that doesn't get heated, so it gets cold out there.

Thank you c: I do love them!
That's a good question, since mine are kept indoors and are found in the earlier months of spring to summer, they only sorta hibernate. I would say though for mine, they stop eating. Biggest telltale for me is you leave food out, and only a few little poops are found. At least with the larger crowd xD. It can also be a sign of molting but, if your little PC (if you want I can fully call him Pipe Cleaner xD) is a good 2-3 inches long when stretched out, likelihood is it's not a molting, more of a settling down. They also might become restless. Some of mine, they just seem to go straight for the right place, others walk around the cage like something crawled up their butt and it's chasing them xD!

I will say this though, for my area, we have parasitic flies. So, I can also recall some signs of, things aren't going well. Unfortunately, I also have not found away to get rid of the fly larvae without it already having done damage to the poor pipe cleaners to the point they don't make it. ;-;. If this should happen to little PC I am sorry. The basic sign is the poor thing is very restless, and like molting or wanting to cocoon, they wont eat. They will attempt to try but, wont get more than a bite. They also tend to arch their front half up -if you happen to see this and can look at the under side, see if you see a creamy looking blob. That would be the killer inside. Also when they arch up they almost move side to side and will do this a few times, stop (either for a few minutes or a bit) and repeat.
What makes it hard is by the time these symptoms occur, the larvae is already large enough it wants to leave the host. I've tried in vain to kill the icky thing inside and nurse the little pipe cleaner back to health. But, the damage is done and they don't make it.

Still I hope you and little Pipe Cleaner have a good turkey day tomorrow! Though for any hungry caterpillar everyday is thanksgiving boy do they just stuff themselves silly xD!

Happy Turkey Day to all today/tomorrow!
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:30 am

ABoxOfToxicNoodles wrote:I already did xD
I'm ToxicFoxes101 but I changed my user x3

Oooh okay! Thanks for letting me know <3 I'll fix the front page!
This is also a great reminder for all members: if you changed your username and have your old one in the members section, please Pm me the changes! <3

EmberLeaf wrote:As this cocoon is adorable :p
http://static.chickensmoothie.com/pic.p ... &bg=d1ff78

Oh gosh, I agree! If I had to choose my favorite cocoon, it's gotta be this one!

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:Thank you c: I do love them!
That's a good question, since mine are kept indoors and are found in the earlier months of spring to summer, they only sorta hibernate. I would say though for mine, they stop eating. Biggest telltale for me is you leave food out, and only a few little poops are found. At least with the larger crowd xD. It can also be a sign of molting but, if your little PC (if you want I can fully call him Pipe Cleaner xD) is a good 2-3 inches long when stretched out, likelihood is it's not a molting, more of a settling down. They also might become restless. Some of mine, they just seem to go straight for the right place, others walk around the cage like something crawled up their butt and it's chasing them xD!

I will say this though, for my area, we have parasitic flies. So, I can also recall some signs of, things aren't going well. Unfortunately, I also have not found away to get rid of the fly larvae without it already having done damage to the poor pipe cleaners to the point they don't make it. ;-;. If this should happen to little PC I am sorry. The basic sign is the poor thing is very restless, and like molting or wanting to cocoon, they wont eat. They will attempt to try but, wont get more than a bite. They also tend to arch their front half up -if you happen to see this and can look at the under side, see if you see a creamy looking blob. That would be the killer inside. Also when they arch up they almost move side to side and will do this a few times, stop (either for a few minutes or a bit) and repeat.
What makes it hard is by the time these symptoms occur, the larvae is already large enough it wants to leave the host. I've tried in vain to kill the icky thing inside and nurse the little pipe cleaner back to health. But, the damage is done and they don't make it.

Still I hope you and little Pipe Cleaner have a good turkey day tomorrow! Though for any hungry caterpillar everyday is thanksgiving boy do they just stuff themselves silly xD!

Happy Turkey Day to all today/tomorrow!

I can't thank you enough for all this information! Thanks to you, pipe cleaner aka PC is actually very healthy and on the right track. C:
Thanks again, and happy late Turkey Day to you and to everyone!
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amelia » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:11 pm

New caterpillar items added to the archive of what fits them on the front page!
ACTIVELY SEEKING!!!

ImageImageImage

I WILL overpay!
Amelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Callie1224 wrote:New caterpillar items added to the archive of what fits them on the front page!

//Rushes to dress up my caterpillars//

Side note: Made my screeching caterpillar icon f2u for members!
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 pm

No problem K-9 :D! And so sorry if I am ever late replying for advice or thank yous, etc. I get lost in ALL the tabs I have open. I have yet to count the amount, but with all the petsites I play it's easy to, get side tracked xD;. I really wish they would make little fuzzy caterpillar plushies or something for pets to wear. *Has a few plushie caterpillars in RL*
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:39 am

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:No problem K-9 :D! And so sorry if I am ever late replying for advice or thank yous, etc. I get lost in ALL the tabs I have open. I have yet to count the amount, but with all the petsites I play it's easy to, get side tracked xD;. I really wish they would make little fuzzy caterpillar plushies or something for pets to wear. *Has a few plushie caterpillars in RL*

Hahaha you're not alone! I multi task too, no worries!
Speaking of caterpillar plushies...I still need to get one that is semi realistic! I have so many plushies and I need ones of pipe cleaners lol
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 am

Please let this be a PPS
//heavy breathing//
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me