Collecting Rings at SONIC Speed - Sonic the Hedgehog Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Collecting Rings at SONIC Speed - Sonic the Hedgehog Club

Postby Disgustedorite » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:31 am

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog Club!

If you clicked this thread, you probably know who Sonic the Hedgehog is. If you don't, then look him up or something. This thread is for talking about Sonic, any characters in Sonic media (including ones from the comics and cartoons), the games, the gameplay, the bosses, the music, the comics, the cartoons, and even fan-made Sonic works like fanart, fan games, rom hacks, flash animations, and really just about anything related to Sonic.

This time around, the rules are as follows:

1. All CS rules apply.

2. No spreading hate about any Sonic media you haven't actually played/watched/read, especially unreleased games.

3. No hating on people because they happen to like a character or ship you hate.
> For example, I like Sally Acorn, but a large number of Sonic fans don't, and some of them think it's okay to hate me and say I'm not a real Sonic fan because I like her. I don't see the logic in this and honestly anyone who thinks that way isn't welcome in this group, because all they'd do is cause drama and make people upset.

4. Do not discuss Ken Penders as a person. You may talk about his Sonic-related works, including The Lara-Su Chronicles, but, as much as I think he deserves it, saying mean things and making fun of him is not allowed here.

5. When talking about the Sonic fanbase in general, do not--I repeat, DO NOT--use "autistic" to describe them. As an actual autistic person, I find that very offensive and I'm sure other people do too.

6. When saying you don't like a character, tell us why or don't say it at all. If your reason is that they get in the way of your ship (for example, hating Sally because you like Sonamy), that is not a reason. This rule is to prevent character and shipping wars.
> Additionally, if your reason is because they're a "Mary-Sue", make sure you have actually seen how they are in recent media. For example, Sally could be considered a Mary-Sue in the comics before around 2007, but stopped being such thanks to better writers. Many people haven't read the comics in more than 8 years and don't know about the positive change, so they continue to spread hate, steering potential readers away from the comics.

7. Don't say a particular character or event from officially licensed Sonic media "doesn't exist" because it isn't "canon". The Sonic the Hedgehog franchise has a well-established multiverse with over 300 timelines within the games alone (and being the nerd I am I even named and categorized all of them), and anything that happens in official Sonic media is canon to its respective universe (Archie comics, Sonic Boom, etc.) and does technically exist. Like rule 6, this is in place to prevent conflict.

More rules will be added as needed when conflict arises. I will make a post whenever this happens.

There is no form, just introduce yourself, say who your favorite Sonic character is or something, and then jump right into the discussion! (my favorite Sonic character is Sticks the Badger :D)
Last edited by Disgustedorite on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OTHER SONIC THREADS

Postby Disgustedorite » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:56 am

Last edited by Disgustedorite on Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

UPCOMING SONIC GAMES

Postby Disgustedorite » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:48 am

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (3DS)
Release date: TBA (Winter 2015)

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this one. They're gonna fix all the mistakes they
made with the first set of Boom games, and it will probably turn out amazing!
Last edited by Disgustedorite on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Collecting Rings at SONIC Speed - Sonic the Hedgehog Clu

Postby Disgustedorite » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 am

Looks like this is gonna be a one-member club. What's everyone's Sonic OPT? Oh right, I'm the only person posting in this thread. Well, mine's Knuxicks. I see some chemistry between Boom!Knuckles and Sticks, though it would take something that can't really fit in an 11-minute episode for them to actually get together. 'Course, that's what fanfiction is for.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Looks like I'm still the only member. What're yall's favorite Sonic Games? I personally really loved Sonic Unleashed, it had an amazing story and the scenery was just gorgeous. Collecting medals was a little tedious and the quicktime events were a tad bit annoying, but I had a lot of fun playing it regardless.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:05 am

I'm still the only member, huh...how'd y'all like today's episode of Sonic Boom? I enjoyed it. It was weird that there were human skulls around the entrance to that temple though, I wonder if that means there used to be more humans like Eggman around and something happened to them? Did they all die in some huge disaster? Maybe they were killed off by the mobians? Is that why Eggman is evil?

It was probably just an aesthetic choice by the designers of the environment to use human skulls instead of mobian ones, but it still gets me thinking about things.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:52 am

Hehe, I'm so alone. Did you guys hear? There's evidence that the Sonic Boom TV show might be getting a second season! The evidence is pretty solid, too! I'm looking forward to learning if it's true or not. I'm willing to bet that it will start to form an ongoing story arc, perhaps introducing characters we haven't seen in the show yet, like Shadow. And who can forget the Chaos Emeralds, which are confirmed to exist in Boom but haven't appeared yet?
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 am

I walk a lonely road...

A new issue of Sonic Universe came out today. I tried to buy it digitally but there was an error, still waiting for a response from support about that. I heard this issue has Silver and Blaze together in it, so I'm pretty excited to read it.

It's also leading up to the "Worlds Unite" crossover (which is between Mega Man, Mega Man X, the main Sonic comics, and Sonic Boom), I wonder if Marine and Sticks will meet in it? I imagine that'd be hilarious!
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me