Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Greater Spotted Noot-Noot Artist Search -- ongoing! by Dr. Paine

Based on Click to view
Artist Dr. Paine [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Greater Spotted Noot-Noot Artist Search -- ongoing!

Postby Dr. Paine » Thu May 22, 2014 4:55 am

Main Page

So then, down to business.

I'm looking for about 2-3 artists from this; and a few runners-up for hatchery artists, once I get those lines up and running.

Noots come in almost every color and pattern imaginable, but there are still a few things that can't happen!

-Purely neon/oversaturated colors. It's okay to have a neon-ish design on a darker background, but please limit those designs. They just rarely turn out good, and besides that, can cause some eye strain/headaches for people... Shep included.

-Broken shells. A cracked or very slightly chipped shell is okay, but anything more would just mean the Noot was dead or in a great deal of pain. We don't want dead/hurting Noots.

-Absolutely no pattern. There will never just be a singularly solid-color Noot; though solid color shells (like on the mascot up there) are okay. All Noots must at least have some little spots or stripes or something.

Things that are needed:

-Edits. At least one entry must show some skill with lineart edits-- a different shell, little spines or something on the body... just don't give them hair or feathers, Noots don't have that kind of stuff! (It would also be helpful to show if you can make 'glowing' Noots-- it's considered a rare trait, but I want to make sure everyone's able to do so! Apple has set up a very helpful guide for that kind of thing ^^)

-All entries must have a 'cover page', where all your entries will be organized in one thread; and must include the following form:

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be an artist for Noots?[/b]
[b]Have you read the main thread and species info?[/b]
[b]Do you have any prior adoptable experience?[/b]
[b]Other info:[/b]
[/size][/center]

So, what are the prizes?

Two to three people will win a spot as permanent artists of the species! (And if one of these winners wishes to keep one of their entries as one of their three customs, they may.)

An undetermined number of runners-up will be chosen to be either guest artists (can make up to 4 designs and 1 of their two customs for themselves) or hatchery artists (permanent staff, can make one personal custom).

This will end... At the latest, June 11th, about three weeks from now. I may end it earlier/choose permanent staff sooner depending on the kind of entries I see at the 2-week mark.

Actually, I think I'm going to have this on one of those 'keep it open for a while and pick artists/GAs as we go' sort of things xD So if you're picked as a gA, you can keep one of your entries as a custom, while permanent staff are allowed 3 customs as is the norm.

Have fun! ^^
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Greater Spotted Noot-Noot Artist Search -- ongoing!

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Edit on how this will work-- instead of being a single contest, I'll leave it open for a while and pick out artists as I find ones I like ^^ Prize rules have been slightly modified to reflect this.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me