♡ Peculiar Children ♡ (OPEN/ACCEPTING RP)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

♡ Peculiar Children ♡ (OPEN/ACCEPTING RP)

Postby firestar+sandstorm » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:56 pm

♡ The Beginning ♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Underneath a pale sky blooming with delicate clouds, the rays of the rising sun begin to stretch across the town of Kinsale. Colorful buildings stretch out across the shore like child’s building blocks. Each house is painted a different bright color; contrasting hues of oranges, pinks, blues, and greens. While each house is just as unique as the individuals who live inside, there is a house that some may call a little more… peculiar. There are people living there who are peculiar.
Though they are known to keep to themselves, there is a headmistress and a group of children who are stranger than most everyone else. They have lived there for as long as anybody can remember.

Hey all! This will be a role-play based on “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”, a fantasy series written by Ransom Riggs. It’s about children born with incredible inhuman abilities, known as their “peculiarities.” Even if you aren’t familiar with the story, you are still welcome to join as we will be forging our own unique story with original characters together!

Please keep this role-play family-friendly. While there are some scarier aspects to some of the monsters, let’s try to avoid unnecessary gore or violence.

With that, let’s get started! :D
Last edited by firestar+sandstorm on Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
firestar+sandstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♡ Peculiar Children ♡ (OPEN/ACCEPTING RP)

Postby Teethnbones » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:57 pm

marking, might come back to this. Hope you don't mind me marking
    " rotten to the core . "
    Corvid - They/Them - ©
    Vulture Culture - Feral nature freak
    Giving the passed a second life

Teethnbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firestar+sandstorm » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:06 pm

It was this day that the children arrived at the loop. Shaped like a tall oblong vase, Miss Albatross' house is hidden further up on the rocky shore. The walls are painted in grand blue and green tones, and crammed with stained glass windows. There were already a handful of Peculiar Children living there already, but after fears of the horrible creatures known as the Hollows and Wights began to spread, the ymbrynes opened their doors to protect more Peculiar children.

The front door to the colorful house opened, and a small woman with frizzy hair opened the fading blue door. Though her stature was small, her posture commended authority. Immediately a warm smile spread across her face when she saw the group of children on her doorstep. Adjusting the glasses that clung to her long nose, she began to speak:

Miss Albatross:

“Hello, children! I am so happy you’ve decided to stop by my loop. My name is Miss Adelaide Rose Albatross, but of course you may call me Miss Albatross.

She folds her hands together.

I am an ymbryne. If you have not heard of this Peculiarity, we are women born with the ability to alter time and transform into birds. We are tasked with the wonderful privilege of caring for young Peculiars, namely ones that come from places and times where it is not safe for them to grow up normally.

Our loop is located in the town of Kinsale in the Republic of Ireland. Remember, children — ventures to the local shops and attractions are a privilege, not a right. We will take plenty of journeys and often, but be aware that the townspeople are often wary of our kind. Even though our time loop on this breezy May 17th, 1924 will restart itself each evening, please be courteous to the villagers and behave yourselves. We will take a trip there to the carnival as soon as you are all settled.

I know there have been many fears lately surrounding the Hollowgast, but rest assured that you and your friends will be safe here. The Hollows cannot enter the time loops that us ymbrynes create, and it is my responsibility as your headmistress to ensure that no harm befalls you.

I do hope you and your peers will have a great time here! We will share many good meals and play many games together, so be sure to do your part around the house.

Now, would you like to come in and have some tea? I would love to hear all about you! Please introduce yourself, tell us about your peculiarity, and include a photo of yourself as well! I am looking forward to our time together!”

Miss Albatross opens the door and beckons the children inside to a living room that smells like lavender!

Use the template below to get started! For the photo part, you can find any strange vintage photo online (SO LONG AS YOU HAVE COPYRIGHT PERMISSION TO USE!!!). Keep in mind that you can have any power as your peculiarity — from breathing underwater to speaking to animals, or anything else! Just try not to have EVERY power. ;)

Code: Select all
Name:
Real Age:
Peculiarity:
Personality:
Hometown:

You may play more than one character. To start, you could explain how your character(s) feel about arriving at Miss Albatross’ loop!

IF YOU USE IMAGES, PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE ALL COPYRIGHT PERMISSIONS TO DO SO!
Last edited by firestar+sandstorm on Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
firestar+sandstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firestar+sandstorm » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:34 pm

(Introducing a second character to get the ball rolling)

Name: Amos Larkin Livingstone
Physical Age: 14 years old
Real Age: 79 years old
Peculiarity: Can only survive underwater. Amos wears a scuba suit filled with water, that helps him to walk around on land while remaining completely submerged at all times.
Personality: While Amos can tend to get panicky, he is also very thoughtful and is a very adaptable Peculiar Child. He's hard to hear inside his suit, so he'll often yell to be heard by the other children.
Hometown: Wales, Great Britain
Photo:

[removed]
Last edited by འབྲོག་ཁྱི on Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: copyright infringement; we do not tolerate art theft
firestar+sandstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby firestar+sandstorm » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:52 pm

Amos:

The clunk of my heavy, water-logged boots echoed strangely on Miss Albatross' polished wooden floor. I would have to be sure not to spill any of my water — perhaps the headmistress would have some extra towels I could keep in my room in case I did. Slowly lifting a hand, I waved at Miss Albatross and felt bubbles escape through my teeth as I smiled.

"How do you do? I'm Amos, thank you for letting my friends and I come to stay with you."

Miss Albatross:

The headmistress smiled back, trying to peer through the dark mask that the child in front of her wore.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well. The other children will be delighted to have so many new friends! If you like, we can try to get a water tank set up for you in your room. Would that help you to sleep better?"

Amos

"Yes, that would be great! Otherwise, the water in my suit often sloshes out. My brother used to tease me in saying that I wet the bed all the time, but it's really just that this suit isn't very good. Could I really have a tank to sleep in?"

Miss Albatross

"Of course you may! Anything to help you children be more comfortable, just ask. Now, who are the rest of you children?"
firestar+sandstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:53 pm

Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowtheghost » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 am

Name:
Macy Riley Nash
Physical Age:
Real Age:
Peculiarity:
Can shape shift into any mamal that's smaller or the same weight as her (160lbs or less)
Personality:
Quiet and standoffish. Doesn't make friends and let's people come to her. Sarcastic but kindhearted.
Hometown:
Gainesville florida
Shadowtheghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:16 pm

Some images got removed...
Also, I don't think this is active, because I messaged the owner about something and they never replied]
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me