Witches, Wands, and Wizards - [Closed]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - A Harry Potter Roleplay [O

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 pm

|Sydney Sinclair|Gryffindor|Fourth Year|Gryffindor Girls Dormitory|Tags: Open|

Sydney lay face-up in bed, staring at the canopy above. Exhaustion tugged at her limbs, but her mind was racing. I'm in Gryffindor, she was still thinking; incredulous. The Sorting Hat put me in Gryffindor. Was it a mistake? I can't truly be brave; I nearly had a panic attack just sitting in front of everyone in the Great Hall. Does the Sorting Hat make mistakes? She was torn out of her thoughts by a tapping on the window from outside. A large barn owl was perched on the ledge outside the window. I'd recognise that pale heart-shaped face anywhere. A small smile graced Sydney's lips as she reached over to let the bird inside. Cicero shuffled in, flapping up to land on the perch Sydney had set out for him on the nightstand.
After another half-hour of restless tossing, Sydney figured it would be best to just give up. Sitting up, she took her wand from the nightstand and whispered "lumos". It was probably one of the only charms she was capable of preforming without something going horribly wrong. She took out her sketchbook and a pencil, but this time they were accompanied by a blue quill with a rather long shaft. She penned in the sketch of a lion she'd made during the Sorting, being sure not to do the head just yet in case it decided to be noisy. The drawing lashed its tail, clearly upset about its lack of a penned-in head, but Sydney whispered to it that it would get one tomorrow. Though logically, she knew her drawings were simply enchanted due to the blue jay quill she'd used to ink them in, they seemed alive to her.

|Killian Errested|Slytherin|Sixth Year|Slytherin Boys Dormitory|Tags: Open|

Killian fed Amelia and made sure she had enough water before digging into his supply of desserts. Of course, he couldn't finish them all in one night, but he ate a couple of cookies as well as a treacle tart and some no-melt ice cream. Despite all of the sugar he'd consumed, he found it relatively easy to fall asleep. Amelia leapt onto the bed and curled up beside him, her rhythmic purring easing him into a deep slumber.

|Jacqueline "Jackie" Carrow|Hufflepuff|Seventh Year|Hufflepuff Common Room|Tags: Felicity, Atsuko|

"Yes," Jackie confirmed. Tenderness pulled at her heart as she gazed around the common room. I'm home. The perfumes form the various plants adorning the room caressed her senses, bringing a comforting feeling of calm. "Well, I'm exhausted; I'm going to go catch some shut-eye," she remarked, turning to face Atsuko. "I can show you to your dormitory first if you wish. What year are you again?"

|Beatrice Byrne|Head of Ravenclaw House|Transfiguration Professor|Corridor|Tags: Minty|

"Your... wrist?" Professor Byrne inquired, too tired to hide the confusion from her face. She swiftly recalled the events of dinner, and her perplexed expression swiftly changed to one of concern. "Again? Did going to the Hospital Wing last time help any?" Without asking, she took the girl's wrist in her hand, being careful not to touch the burning tattoo. "Why does this make you think that your parents may have broken out?"
If Minty wasn't in so much pain, which was evident, Beatrice would have simply taken her to the Headmaster - she was still planning on doing that; but Minty wasn't in trouble - she wanted the girl to tell the Headmaster what she'd just told her about her parents possibly breaking out of Azkaban.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Minty • 15 • Slytherin
"Th-they burned this tattoo into my wrist." Minty said. "The matron gave me a pain reliever but it didn't help. It went gray, then black again, then I started writing, then it went white. It gives me a bad feeling."
𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦’𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦
⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ☆
she/her / capricorn / est
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Sydney lay face-up in bed, staring at the canopy above. Exhaustion tugged at her limbs, but her mind was racing. I'm in Gryffindor, she was still thinking; incredulous. The Sorting Hat put me in Gryffindor. Was it a mistake? I can't truly be brave; I nearly had a panic attack just sitting in front of everyone in the Great Hall. Does the Sorting Hat make mistakes? She was torn out of her thoughts by a tapping on the window from outside. A large barn owl was perched on the ledge outside the window. I'd recognise that pale heart-shaped face anywhere. A small smile graced Sydney's lips as she reached over to let the bird inside. Cicero shuffled in, flapping up to land on the perch Sydney had set out for him on the nightstand.
After another half-hour of restless tossing, Sydney figured it would be best to just give up. Sitting up, she took her wand from the nightstand and whispered "lumos". It was probably one of the only charms she was capable of preforming without something going horribly wrong. She took out her sketchbook and a pencil, but this time they were accompanied by a blue quill with a rather long shaft. She penned in the sketch of a lion she'd made during the Sorting, being sure not to do the head just yet in case it decided to be noisy. The drawing lashed its tail, clearly upset about its lack of a penned-in head, but Sydney whispered to it that it would get one tomorrow. Though logically, she knew her drawings were simply enchanted due to the blue jay quill she'd used to ink them in, they seemed alive to her.

Killian fed Amelia and made sure she had enough water before digging into his supply of desserts. Of course, he couldn't finish them all in one night, but he ate a couple of cookies as well as a treacle tart and some no-melt ice cream. Despite all of the sugar he'd consumed, he found it relatively easy to fall asleep. Amelia leapt onto the bed and curled up beside him, her rhythmic purring easing him into a deep slumber.

|Jacqueline "Jackie" Carrow|Hufflepuff|Seventh Year|Hufflepuff Common Room|Tags: Felicity, Atsuko|

"Yes," Jackie confirmed. Tenderness pulled at her heart as she gazed around the common room. I'm home. The perfumes form the various plants adorning the room caressed her senses, bringing a comforting feeling of calm. "Well, I'm exhausted; I'm going to go catch some shut-eye," she remarked, turning to face Atsuko. "I can show you to your dormitory first if you wish. What year are you again?"

|Beatrice Byrne|Head of Ravenclaw House|Transfiguration Professor|Corridor|Tags: Minty|

Beatrice nodded as she listened to what Minty had said. "This is urgent," she remarked. "Too urgent to wait until morning. The Headmaster needs to hear this; for your own protection as well as that of the other students."
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Minty • 15 • Slytherin
Minty let everything out to the headmaster. "I'm scared. They make me pay bills and I need to work to pay the bills or they could actually kill me."
⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ☆
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 pm

|Beatrice Byrne|Head of Ravenclaw House|Transfiguration Professor|Headmaster's Office|Tags: Minty|

Beatrice stayed with Minty in the Headmaster's office - she herself was worried about the situation, especially if Minty's parents should try to come to Hogwarts to find her. That would not only endanger Minty, but all of the other students in the school as well. And the teachers, come to think of it, but as always, Beatrice's primary concern was for the students.
"It's alright," Beatrice heard the Headmaster reassuring Minty. "Hogwarts is one of the most secure facilities I know of - we can ask for extra security measures from the Ministry if you believe it's necessary. I should report this to them straight away - they'll have sent an owl if they know anything about a jail-break, but I'd like to be on the safe side and send them one in case they have not been notified of anything. I'm sure Dementors are already out hunting your parents; if it's as you say and they've broken free."
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ptolemaea » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Minty • 15 • Slytherin
"I'm glad to be back, especially the food." She said to the headmaster. "Just let me know if you hear any news.
⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ☆
ptolemaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Witches, Wands, and Wizards - A Harry Potter Roleplay [

Postby LATTAEラテ。 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Natalie Anderson || Hufflepuff || Female || 4th Year ||Seeker||Ravenclaw Table ||Tags: Open|| Other/OOC:

After Atsuko and Jackie Got in. She Knocked the barrels and Crawled inside. She didn't hesitate to go to its sofa sitting down there. Getting herself comfy

Atsuko Fukunaga||Transfer Student from Mahoutokoro|Hufflepuff||Female||4th Year||Chaser||Hufflepuff Common room||Tags: Jackie||Ooc/Others:

"Sure!. Im tired anyways." She said, it wasn't long until she Could just slop herself into the bed. "I'm a Fourth year i belive. Do they really need to Categorize every Year?" She asked, This place is sure is home. She could just wake up all night to smell the scent of the perfume that is in the air.
LATTAEラテ。

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonstone514 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Amelia Scamander/ 3rd year/ Hufflepuff/ Hallways/
* FLASH BACK DREAM*
'' Great dada? Where did Lulu come from?'' Amelia was 4 in this flash back..
Lulu came from Africa. When I die, you can mind her.
'' What about my daddy?'' Amelia asked Newt.
He has forgotten what its like to care about animals. He's to busy to care for Lulu anyway. Promise me you won't ever abandon creatures.
'' I pwomise ''
* Flashback ends*
'' Morning Suki! '' Amelia fed Suki his food and got dressed.
Amelia walked the hallways when she saw Ginny and th two charlies come around the corner.
'' Hey guys! Last night was fun! You heading to.. the head masters?''
ImageImage
ImageImage
So I'm a massive Dan and Phil Phan and if you are too then why not pm me?
moonstone514

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:34 am

(Morning! c:)

Sydney opened a bleary eye, blinking in the soft sunlight that streamed through the window by her bed. She couldn't remember when she'd actually fallen asleep, but she was going to be late for breakfast if she didn't get up soon. And no breakfast meant no coffee either. She groggily heaved herself to her feet, grabbing her toiletry bag and shuffling to the nearest bathroom to begin her morning routine.

Killian awoke at his usual time; about half an hour away from when breakfast was supposed to start. It was almost as if his body was on a clock - sleep early, wake at the same time each day. He haphazardly threw on his Hogwarts robes as he poured a scoop of cat food into Amelia's bowl, which pleasantly roused the slumbering Siamese. The cat stretched before elegantly leaping off of Killian's bed in one swift motion. The tanned Slytherin then realised that Amelia's water bowl was empty. He pointed his wand at the bowl and whispered "aguamenti". The bowl swiftly filled with clean water.

|Jacqueline "Jackie" Carrow|Hufflepuff|Seventh Year|Hufflepuff Common Room|Tags: Open|

Jackie had always been an early riser; it was no surprise that she was already awake, sitting in the common room while perusing an educational book about birds. Shelby the raven fluttered down from the fireplace mantle to land upon Jackie's shoulder. "Corn," she crowed, "corn, corn." Jackie couldn't help but chuckle at the little raven's behavior. "Corn," Shelby insisted, grabbing a strand of Jackie's feathery hair in her beak.
"Okay, okay!" Jackie exclaimed, rising to her feet. She pulled a pouch of dried corn from her pocket and offered a handful to Shelby. Shelby's smooth beak tickled her palm as the raven gobbled up the corn, tilting her head expectantly as if looking for more.

|Beatrice Byrne|Head of Ravenclaw House|Transfiguration Professor|Corridor|Tags: Charlie, Charlie, Amelia, Ginny|

Beatrice heels clicked against the stone floor while she paced by the entrance to the Headmaster's office as she waited for the four students who'd gotten in trouble the previous night.
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

W,W&W - Zoe - 33 - Atticus - 29

Postby Chamrosh » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:15 pm

So-Hui "Zoe" Moon | Ravenclaw | First year | Outside the Kitchens| @Maxus, @Open

Zoe woke up very early. Not due to nerves, or anticipation, or even the sunlight (there wasn't any yet) but because of the hungry noises her stomach was making. That didn't leave a lot of choice in what to do. She was sure it could barely be 5:30, judging by how tired she felt, but she knew she wouldn't get back to sleep in her state.
    She got dressed as quickly as she could, quickly pulling on trainers, whose laces she never untied, even if it were frowned upon, because, seriously, narrow passages and spiral staircases that felt the need to move needed trainers. Zoe was sure she was heading in the right direction to the kitchens. In fact, she was sure she was heading in the right direction each of the 4 times she got lost on the way (stupid moving staircases!), which ended up killing a lot of the time she had even if she could sleep.
    Eventually she got down to the basement, and to the right corridor. She knew the door was hidden somehow, by a painting, but she didn't know which, which was a pretty big issue of itself.

Atticus LaVigne | Hufflepuff | Third year | Hufflepuff Dorms | @Open

Atticus awoke with a jolt and a thud, and quickly started rubbing the back of his head where he'd hit it against the wall. He was confused for a moment about where he was, and why he was there. Very confused.
    He'd come to the potions office to get his wolfsbane potion sorted for the next week so he could make sure it was available for him. He couldn't remember having actually seen the potions professor last night. And he was sure he'd not meant to fall asleep at such an awkward angle on the floor.
    That left a fairly glaring option as to what his situation was.
    He groggily got to his feet. He had no idea what the time was, so it was best that he made it to where he was meant to be as soon as possible, because him not getting in trouble for sleeping right in front of a teacher'a office was already pretty lucky. Atticus pretty much sprinted through the castle, betting that all the teachers were at the great hall- or maybe even lessons. His first point of call was feeding Amadea (a double portion as an apology for the lack of food yesterday). He took a short while to actually find his dorm for the year, and then laid the food bowl out at the foot of the free, so presumably his, bed.
    He was met with indignation from his dorm mates for how he'd managed to stay out all night without getting caught, which Atticus really had no excuse for, so just pulled a cheeky look. He very quickly changed over to clean clothes for the day, with a couple of others doing so alongside him. Very fortunately, Atticus seemed to have woken up a little earlier than was strictly necessary to get to breakfast on time.
    While the other boys were rousing (because none of the others liked getting up too much), Atticus whipped out a pen from his pocket and hastily wrote on the palm of his right hand "matron - O - rooms?" (which he hoped wouldn't be enough to tell anyone else what he would be doing). Atticus turned his attention to the table around him.
OoC: my internet access is doing pretty well right now, and I should have access next week I think, so short-ish interactions should be entirely fine
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me