Timeline Refugees (Undertale/multifandom RP) (Open)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Timeline Refugees (Undertale/multifandom RP) (Open)

Postby justlooking4awesome » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Timeline Refugees

You wake up in a space that is almost blindingly bright at first, yet, as your eyes adjust, you realize it is only a dull gray. You have the sense that you were just in a space so utterly black that even this dull light is dazzling by comparison, but your memories are foggy and indistinct. Where are you? How did you get here?
You see a robot person walking up to you with concern on his face. "Are you alright?" he asks in a smooth yet robotic voice. "You were just saved from the brink of the Void as your timeline unraveled. Welcome to the Psi timespace, where all timeline refugees are welcome."

There is a horrible threat to the multiverse. In one timeline, Chara and Frisk had worked together, destroying and remaking a timeline until it became horribly unstable. Unable to handle the memory of the RESETs, the Sans of that timeline, with Alphys' help, transferred his ability to Mettaton, creating Mettaton DT, and that, combined with the Determination necessary for the transfer, caused him to be capable of manipulating space-time. When Chara decided to destroy the timeline for good, Frisk opposed them, and the end result is that Chara destroyed that timeline and now seeks to destroy all others in an attempt to punish Frisk for their selfish desire to toy with the timeline, neither giving it a happy ending nor putting it out of its misery. The only one who knows who they are and what they are doing who can possibly stop them is Mettaton DT, but he's going to need some help, and, right now, he's simply trying to save those he can out of the victims of Chara's attacks. After observing the Omega timeline that Core!Frisk maintains, Mettaton figured out how to create a safe timespace that Chara cannot access, which he calls the Psi timespace. Any victims of unraveled timelines are welcome here while Mettaton tries to figure out how to stop Chara and undo the damage done. Are you a refugee? Are you an ally? Or are you an enemy working with Chara?

(Characters from other fandoms are welcome)
(Disclaimer: This is my first time hosting an RP, and I could really use some help. If there's something about my concept, my rules, or anything else that you think I should change, please let me know. I'm open to suggestions.)
(Discussion thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3247329)
Last edited by justlooking4awesome on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Timeline Refugees (Undertale/multifandom RP) (Open)

Postby justlooking4awesome » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:54 pm

What you need to know

>Mettaton DT is trying to figure out how to stop Chara (referred to as MTTDT Chara, since this alternate universe will be referred to as the MTTDT (Mettaton DT) AU). Frisk also survived Chara's destruction, and, while they're far from good, they don't want Chara to keep destroying timelines. Understandably, Mettaton is suspicious of them, but they haven't yet done anything to betray him. They have a sense of the code of the multiverse and the ability to walk through dimensions, but they cannot alter code or transport people or things across dimensions the way Chara and Mettaton can.
>Mettaton is completely new at this and almost entirely unprepared, so he struggles to try to fix tears in code and cannot solve them faster than Chara can make them. He focuses his attention on maintaining the Psi space and rescuing people from fracturing dimensions.
>Mettaton would be grateful to anyone who can travel dimensions who is willing to help him.
>Within the Psi space, there are ways for more normal monsters to help. Mettaton has created small portals that can be used to watch for anomalies indicative of timeline fracturing. Besides this, those in the space can live out lives as normally as possible. Mettaton has crafted (coded) the space to contain little apartments for the residents, and anyone can request new additions from him. His hope is to rebuild their timelines and return them to those, but, if that's not possible, he at least hopes to find a timeline that they can all live in once this all settles down.
Last edited by justlooking4awesome on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Rules and Guidelines

Please read carefully. I am going to do my best to enforce these in a way that is fair to everyone, including giving warnings and forgiveness, but these are in place for a reason.

>The discussion forum is here: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3247329 Post character forms and out of character discussion on there only, please (with exception of minor notes to other players accompanying your in-character replies).

>Read, respect, and follow all of the general roleplay rules listed in the top of the main forum.

>Any canon character is allowed. AU characters are allowed so long as that AU's creator is okay with people roleplaying with your characters. OCs will be treated a lot like AU characters; just make sure that their presence makes sense, and you're good. You can have crossover characters. These are basically also AU characters and fall under AU rules, except that you don't need permission from anyone. You can consider a crossover world like an original AU.

>Read all of the character rules on the discussion forum.

>Be respectful in your characterization, especially when using other people's AU characters. Please keep them as accurate to what the creator intended as possible.

>Please be respectful to all other roleplayers.

>Please make posts that have significant contribution, and please do not put up a post that is purely a line of dialogue. At least put description with it, like: My eyes widen as I ask, "Really?"

>Please keep everything as legible and grammatically correct as possible. No one is perfect, but nobody likes trying to puzzle out what you're saying, either.

>Please be as active as you can; read my policy for inactivity on the discussion forum.

So long as everyone keeps to these, we should have a great time! Let me know if you have any questions, if you think that any of the rules should be adapted, or if you don't think you can follow one or more of these. I'm open to conversation and willing to help.
Last edited by justlooking4awesome on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Timeline Refugees (Undertale RP) (Opening soon)

Characters

Character forms are on discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3247329&p=103639800#p103639800

Characters
Character, universe, username

Active player characters
>Timeline-Aware/Void-travel Capable Characters:
Mettaton DT, MTTDT (Mettaton DT), justlooking4awesome
Frisk, MTTDT, MangoTree
Betty, Glitchtale, MangoTree
Core!Frisk, Core!Frisk, MagicSpyglass
Error!Sans, Error!Sans, justlooking4awesome
Castel The Skeleton, Undertale (OC), Fairytalehero
The Reflection, ReflectionTale, banana_22
"P" Papyrus, ReflectionTale, banana_22
>Psi Timespace Residents:
Sans and Megalovania, Themetale, justlooking4awesome
Alphys and Here We Are, Themetale, justlooking4awesome
Frisk Smith, Glitched-looptale, justlooking4awesome
"Blueberry" Sans, Underswap, MangoTree
Violet Baudelaire, A Series of Unfortunate Events, MagicSpyglass
Klaus Baudelaire, A Series of Unfortunate Events, MagicSpyglass
Sunny Baudelaire, A Series of Unfortunate Events, MagicSpyglass
Laika, UnderCharacter, MagicSpyglass
Dr. Hellen, UnderCharacter, MagicSpyglass
Chickenlegs, UnderCharacter, MagicSpyglass
Fusion!Frisk, Fusion!Frisk, MirroGem
Character (Chara) Dreemurr, Fusion!Frisk, MirroGem
Toriel Dreemurr, Undertale (Altered), MangoTree
Asriel Dreemurr, Undertale (Altered), MangoTree
Chara Dreemurr, Undertale (Altered), MangoTree
Chara Dreemurr, Storyshift, Chinchy
Springtrap, Five Nights at Freddy's, Truffilo
Jinku, Dragon Ball Z, Tropicalpeacock
Wilson, Don't Starve, Hpichu~
Flowey, Undertale, your best nightmare
Dipper, Gravity Falls, your best nightmare

Inactive player characters
Faya Kaso, Warframe, InfectedHau
Chara, MTTDT, HaileyM
Noche, Undertale (OC), noche
Wings, MafiaTale, Savvyhorse56
Star Quartz, Steven Universe (OC), MarcySpring
Fukushima, Undertale (OC), 707

Established non-player characters
Chara, MTTDT, (currently played by justlooking4awesome, formerly a player character of HaileyM)
Grillby, Classic Undertale, (currently played by justlooking4awesome)
Last edited by justlooking4awesome on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 17 times in total.
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

World and Setting

Here's a little bit of description for the overall setting.

The Psi Timespace

Named after the Omega timeline (psi is the letter before omega in the Greek alphabet) from the Core!Frisk AU, it looks and behaves similarly, but it is more difficult to access. Essentially, it is a timeline that is blank and unused, that never housed life to begin with. Mettaton DT created this timeline out of his own life force in a gap in the multiverse. Once inside the Psi Timespace (ordinarily referred to as the Psi space), someone can only leave if someone who knows the code helps them out, and, once outside, someone has to let them in again, but, if they know the code, they can come and go freely once they know how. The space is a light gray instead of the dazzling white of the Omega timeline, but since this space is more of a pocket in space than a pocket in time, it has interesting properties, namely that it can shape itself into whatever is needed. Mettaton DT has crafted a little Snowdin there for all residents to live in. It's malleable, so he can add as many houses as necessary. The shop and the inn aren't there, but the librarby is as well as Grillby's (which is manned by a rescued Grillby). There are also little spaces designed to look like Waterfall and Hotland, though these are separated by some gray space. Mettaton DT is not fully aware of this yet, but the Psi space has developed a bit of a "will of its own", so to speak, able to adapt to the needs and wishes of its residents to make everyone happier. So far, this has been seen in that the forest around Snowdin randomly appeared, the sky above Snowdin now resembles a cavern ceiling with sparking crystal "stars", and houses seem to now appear as the need arises without Mettaton DT creating them. It seems to be slowly shaping itself to become more like the Underground, the former home of over half of its members.

The Void

The Void is pure black nothingness. It destroys or absorbs most people who end up in it, and only the most savvy, the most aware of the code, or the most Determined beings can survive. From here, any dimension/timeline can be accessed if one knows how to. Most beings do not want to spend any extended time here.

The Semi-Existent Timeline

When they're not in the Void, Chara goes to the semi-existent timeline, where their allies can find them and speak with them. This is a timeline that they experimented with early on in testing their powers, working to unmake and remake a timeline. It contains a gray space, much like the Psi space, but it also has pieces of the Underground that glitch in and out uncontrollably. Chara doesn't mind.

Other locations will be added if they become relevant.
Last edited by justlooking4awesome on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:15 pm

This is starting now!

I'm still accepting anyone who wants to join, though! Go over to the discussion thread to read the character rules and submit forms!
Last edited by justlooking4awesome on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Mettaton DT||MTTDT AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Chara, Frisk, Faya, Blueberry Sans

Mettaton looked at the newest rescue, an adult Frisk from a messed-up timeline under the control of a Chara nearly as bad as the one he was facing. Thankfully, his timeline's Chara didn't seem to have noticed when he rescued this Frisk from that timeline as Chara unraveled it, though they had certainly noticed his presence and his efforts to save that universe. Speaking of, they would suspect something after what had happened. He had to... do something... No. He shook his head. Sure, he was stuck in the same song and dance of fighting an uphill battle against Chara, but he could hold on. He could keep this up. He had to.
He also needed more information.
Knowing that someone else could explain things to this Frisk when they (or possibly she, he wasn't sure) awoke, he decided to look into the Void, knowing that Chara would be looking to see his reaction after this latest failure. With a small code manipulation, which was ridiculously easy, really, within the Psi space, he sent a small message to Frisk and to Faya, since they were currently the only two who could actually enter and exit the space on their own so far. The message was simple:

I'm going to face Chara and talk to them about what just happened with my last failure. I got close this time, and I think I would have been able to undo their damage enough to keep that universe stable for a while longer if it hadn't been so unstable to begin with. I'm sure they detected this, and avoiding them when they'll likely want to talk to me about this will make things harder. You can come with me if you want to, but you don't need to. This will likely be peaceful enough.

With that sent, Mettaton sent off another little message to a particularly cheerful little Sans called Blueberry who was pretty much the friendliest guy around. The message said:

Sans, there's a new person just outside of Snowdin. You can get to them (or her, I'm not sure) if you go out of town on the west road. Can you help them and show them around? Thanks!

With that done, Mettaton made a tiny tear in the fabric of the Psi space and entered the Void. He made no call for Chara; he knew that they would notice his presence.

(Alright, here's the start! I hope this is good; I thought hard about how to include everyone right off the bat. Let's have some fun with this!)

JUST LOOKING FOR AWESOME
Image Image
Credit * * Roleplayer * College student * Just having fun
I FOUND IT IN YOU
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MangoTree » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Blueberry Sans:
Sans was meanwhile patrolling the area of Snowdin, partly to pass the time, and partially just to make sure nothing went wrong.
Just in case.
As he walked, he heard a quiet but distinctive 'Pop!' noise, and turned around, ... right in time to get a letter smacked into his face. A small grunt from the impact was the only sign of annoyance from Sans as he pulled the letter away from his face. Due to how short the note was, Sans was quickly able to read through it. As soon as he finished, Sans felt a rush of excitement. This was the first real task Mettaton had given him, even though it'd only been about a day since he came here. He also felt a pang of disappointment at the fact Mettaton wasn't present, so he wasn't able to say "Aye aye captain!" with a salute. He hurriedly push away the thoughts of Papyrus that came with that realization. There wasn't time for that now, he had a job to do! He rolled up the letter placing it into his pocket. Before taking it out again, remembering he needed it so he knew where to go. And very soon, he'd reached the location of the newly-rescued Frisk.

(Speaking of Frisks..)
Frisk:
Unlike Bluberry's letter delivery, Frisk's letter arrived by floating down to the floor next to them. They shut closed the small journal they'd been writing in, tucking the pencil behind their ear, a habit they'd never been able to break. The journal, however, was the sole object they'd been able to save from the backpack they'd once had.
They didn't like looking back at what they wrote before.
Snapping back to the present, Frisk grabbed the letter, quickly reading through it. They spent a few moments in silence to consider if they should follow. They'd seen the multiple glances back to Frisk that Mettaton had given them, and had drawn the conclusion that he didn't trust them. Even though they never got why, they'd made a vow to themselves to do their best to at least gain a bit of trust from him. This seemed like a chance to do that. Frisk got up, and unsure where to place the journal, instead decided to place it under their arm. They were gone in a flash, hopefully heading to where Mettaton and Chara both stood.
(I tried my best, okay?)
MangoTree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Faya||Warframe||Tagged:Mettaton DT

Faya stood in the cockpit of her orbiter, watching the town below. She had to admit, even after living here for a few weeks, she couldn't help but feel a little nervous around all these...things. She was one of maybe three beings that were even remotely human, and the other two didn't look it much.
She'd spent her entire life fighting things that weren't Tenno, a little xenophobia was to be expected

Operator, you have an incoming message.
Ordis' voice echoed through the orbiter, causing the Tenno to turn her head. She opened her hand, a screen appearing before her, with Mettaton's message displayed on it. "Ordis," she said, "start the jump sequence. And ready my archwing."
Right away, Operator.
The ship's engines flared to life as Faya left the cockpit, heading to the somatic chamber at the rear of the vessel. She didn't need it anymore, but it was still useful. As the ship passed into the void, Faya passed into her Warframe.
The orbiter emerged in the golden, twisting space, next to the blue robot that was her savior. She knew he didn't see it as such, for some reason all he could see was a black nothing, but to her it was quite beautiful. A cylinder on its hull twisted around, and Faya's brown, red, and green Titania frame dropped from it. "Remind me," she said, "which Chara is this? I don't know how you stand all these multiple timelines, it's enough to make my head spin."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Mettaton DT||MTTDT AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Frisk, Faya

"Hello, Frisk," Mettaton said, not needing more than his peripheral vision to verify the identity of the child beside him--if they could rightly be called a child after how long they had existed thus far. "I'm glad you came. I'm not looking forward to this conversation, so it'll be nice to have you by my side." To be fair to him, he at least mostly meant it. He was warming up to Frisk... gradually.
Before Frisk could reply, Mettaton heard the whirring of Faya's ship and saw one of her Warframes appear. He knew that she had at least a couple, but this was apparently her favorite, since he hadn't actually seen her in any but this one. "Thank you for joining us, Faya," he said cordially. "This one is the Chara from my timeline. If I don't use a modifier, I probably mean this one, just like how when I refer to Frisk, I usually mean this kiddo." As he said that, he ruffled Frisk's hair a little in a playful manner. It felt a little forced, since he normally didn't do playful things with them, but it was also... nice. He resumed, "Chara will have certainly sensed us by now, and I'm sure they will appear soon, though they may make us wait first."

Frisk Smith||Age 25||Female||Glitched-Looptale AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Blueberry Sans

"Frisk~"
"Chara?"
Their voice was strained. "Yes, dear. I--" They choked and fell. "I-I'm being destroyed. So is this timeline... Ha, ha... you're free now."
"Free? What... what the hell do you mean?"
Eyes glowed red. "Free from me, partner. Too bad you..." Their voice was choked off again. "You won't live... through this..."
Then they vanished, and Frisk felt her soul strain before snapping away from the ties that had bound it to Chara, leaving Frisk strangely light.
And then she fell.

Frisk awoke, staring bleary-eyed at the bright space around her. She looked around, eyes meeting a face that looked familiar, if a bit off. "S-Sans?" she asked.

JUST LOOKING FOR AWESOME
Image Image
Credit * * Roleplayer * College student * Just having fun
I FOUND IT IN YOU
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me