Timeline Refugees (Undertale/multifandom RP) (Open)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: Timeline Refugees (Undertale/multifandom RP) (Open)

Postby justlooking4awesome » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Mettaton DT||MTTDT AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Frisk, Faya

Mettaton watched Frisk's attempt closely until he felt a very slight sensation of pain, likely akin to a pinch--though, since he had never had flesh, having gone from being a ghost to being a robot, he could not be sure--and looked over to see Faya's... headstrong approach to the task at hand. He felt a slight chill as the strings of code she had ripped out dissolved, and he made a mental note to look into this later. For now, the sensations were negligible, so he proceeded as planned. He addressed Faya and said, "The Psi space was built to be manipulated, so it is especially fragile here, but now you can see why Chara can so easily tear universes apart. Your approach is... bold, and you did very well. For the next step of the exercise, I'd like you to try to isolate one tiny piece and either memorize what that piece said--you don't have to understand it; just know what symbols are present--or make note of it in some other way before dissolving it so that we can practice the next step: rebuilding code."
He then turned to Frisk. "It's okay; code manipulation doesn't come naturally to most. The fact that you could reveal it, though, is confirmation that you should be able to do this with practice, so don't give up. Try making something small, like a letter, since I know you can do that, and then taking that apart. Think about it as you make it, and then unmaking it may be easier for you. In turn, think about how it fits together as you unmake it, and that should help you to get a better sense for it."

Frisk Smith||Age 25||Female||Glitched-Looptale AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Blueberry Sans

Frisk did, indeed, bump into Blueberry, though she caught herself before falling backwards. She looked at the house, sizing it up. It wasn't large, and its appearance didn't quite match the pastel motif of the rest of the town, but it looked very well-suited for her. "Thanks," she said to Sans. She reached for the doorknob and opened the door, stepping in and looking around. It was small but cozy, and she wasn't exactly planning to host dinner parties or anything, so it would work just fine. She turned back to Sans at the door. "Do you want to come in with me?" she asked.

Alphys and Here We Are||Themetale AU||Alphys' crush: (open)||Talking to: Hellen

Alphys smiled. "Y-yes, thank you," she said, stepping inside.
Here gave Hellen a smile and a nod--or multiple smiles and nods, really. They floated in, each translucent and blurry form just a little behind the last while still overlapping, giving the effect of old animation. When they stopped above Alphys' shoulder, their forms consolidated into almost one, though still blurry at the edges and obviously an overlapping thing, like a shadow cast by multiple light sources all in one direction.
Alphys glanced at her Theme(s) before looking back at Hellen. "I-I was just wondering how everything's going and, um, what you're working on, if you d-don't mind me asking?" She looked incredibly nervous and shy, but a touches from her Theme's' hand(s) calmed her down. "I was just thinking... I don't have anything to do, y-yet I have the entire Hotland lab to myself here, a-and I know you're a scientist, too, so..."
"Don't hide your real intent from her," Here said, their voice echoing and multiplied, like a small chorus speaking in unison.
"You're right," Alphys admitted. She looked at Helen. "I was w-wondering if you would be willing to work with me on studying how to reverse D... Determination. I know that y-your world had similar issues with it to mine," she said, motioning at her Theme(s), "s-so I was thinking that we could work together on it! Then, if we ever do get home, this whole experience wouldn't be for nothing! We could fix our mistakes! I-if you want, that is."

Sans and Megalovania||Themetale AU||Talking to: Laika

Both Theme and Bonded looked over at the new voice. "Just... thinking about my brother," Sans replied in a low, tired voice.
"He and his Theme didn't make it out of our home timeline," Mega explained. "Spear of Justice and Undyne also weren't rescued, though I think they may have gone missing toward the beginning of the attack before everything fell apart, so I don't know what to make of that." It shook its head. "I never thought I'd miss that little upstart punk, but, darn it, I miss Spear."
Sans have a humorless huff of a laugh. "Yeah, I miss them, too, but... not as much as Papyrus."
"Of course," Mega said. "I miss him and Bonetrousle far more." It then turned its gaze back to Laika. "What about you?" it asked. "Whom have you lost?"

JUST LOOKING FOR AWESOME
Image Image
Credit * * Roleplayer * College student * Just having fun
I FOUND IT IN YOU
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagicSpyglass » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:39 am

Laika

"Well, most of my friends, my mom, just everybody besides Hellen and one of the amalgamates." She sighed, as she thought of all of her friends. "I do miss them! I miss them all!"

Hellen

"Re-really? Of course I will help you! I want my mom to be back to normal after all!" She suddenly realized that she could never hold together if she was separated from the rest of Chickenlegs. However, she didn't care. She wanted to help theme!alphys with her experiments.

Hello! I'm Chloe, I'm a adult Autistic girl! I have a lot of special interests :3
MagicSpyglass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Alphys smiled in joy and relief, visibly relaxing. She was so glad that she could get help from Hellen and help her in return. "N-now, we don't have any test subjects besides Here and the one you brought, and I don't want to risk hurting either of them, b-but we can at least compare notes, a-and we can ask Mettaton to... uh... create? some Determination for us to work with."
"Maybe he can make test subjects," Here suggested. "I bet he could make non-sentient imitations of the amalgamates for you to test on. Then, if you mess up, there's no harm done because it wasn't an actual living being in the first place, just a sort of model of one."

Mega nodded in understanding. "I was sort of the chief of the Themes--not because I particularly wanted to be, but simply because I'm the biggest and strongest and because Themes have a natural sense of hierarchy. I never thought of myself as actually doing anything as a leader, but now that they're all gone except for Here We Are, I realize that I really had paid attention to each of them and had felt responsibility for them."
"I still can't quite believe that this isn't just some fresh horror of the RESETs," Sans said in a quiet, haunted voice. "I still keep expecting to wake up in my own bed in Snowdin and to find the kid laughing when I see them next." He shook his head rapidly as if to shake off that thought.

JUST LOOKING FOR AWESOME
Image Image
I FOUND IT IN YOU
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Faya||Warframe||Tagged:Mettaton DT, Frisk
    This part, Faya predicted, would be substantially harder. She was excellent at destroying things, she was a warrior after all, but creating things had never come easily to her. Even before she became Tenno, she much preferred running around the Zariman than drawing or building with blocks. She understood the usefulness of it, but she'd never tried it herself.
    Still, it looked like she was going to have to learn. Memorization had never been a skill of hers (which was why she hated those blasted Orokin tone-locks so much), so it would be best to note the code some other way. The Tenno conjured the void energy in her hand again, then locked her eyes onto a short string of code. Slowly, she began to sear the symbols into the earth beside her with her void beam, keeping it as accurate as possible. There were a lot of weird dots and half-dashes scattered around it, those were probably important. "What language is this?" she asked. "I've never seen it before."
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Mettaton DT||MTTDT AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Faya, Frisk

Mettaton was a little caught off guard by Faya's question. "It isn't a language that some class of sentient beings uses. The code just is its own language. I don't even think it has a name. Even these symbols are a sort of shorthand, a condensed version for..." Mettaton pulled out a tiny strand, just three symbols long, and then focused. The strand grew drastically, spilling out of his grasp. "...this." The code was now entirely made up of lines and dots, like:
⚫||⚫⚫⚫|⚫⚫|||⚫⚫|⚫⚫||⚫||||⚫|||⚫|||⚫||⚫|||⚫
It went on and on and was several feet long. "This is binary," Mettaton explained. "Sometimes, it looks more like this..." He shifted its hands, and the dots became zeros and the lines became ones, like:
"...but its most natural form is this." He allowed it to back to dots and lines. It went on and on, completely unintelligible. "Even I can't read it in this form," Metta admitted. "I don't think anyone can." He made a compressing motion, and the enormous strand shrunk back down into three tiny humble little symbols. "These three little things roughly translate to a certain shade of brown, indicating the color of one tiny spot on the stump they came from. In binary, though, this takes a string of lines and dots twice as long as I am tall."

(Fun fact: I actually put the word "brown" into a binary converter and got that result with the 0s and 1s and then copy-pasted a Facebook emoji to get the black dots to combine with the lines for my translation. It took some work, but it's worth it. :P It was fun.)

JUST LOOKING FOR AWESOME
Image Image
I FOUND IT IN YOU
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Faya||Warframe||Tagged:Mettaton DT, Frisk
    So dots and lines were zeroes and ones. At least their languages had that in common. "But what language are they symbols themselves from?" She asked. "I find it hard to believe that your species came up with an entirely new alphabet just for programming." With one last burst of energy, she finished her writing and cut off the beam. Her results sat in a cloud of steam, still glowing slightly with residual heat.
    (On the subject of languages, here's what Faya's looks like.)
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagicSpyglass » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:31 am

Laika

"Yea, I am still not used to being relocated either." She said with a tone of sadness in her voice. She put her paw on theme!sans's back, as if to comfort him.

Hellen

"Why, that's a good idea! We should contact DTMettaton as soon as he has some spare moments." She felt relived that she didn't have to experiment on her own mother early on. Once the process was perfected, she would then use it on her.

Hello! I'm Chloe, I'm a adult Autistic girl! I have a lot of special interests :3
MagicSpyglass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MangoTree » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 am

Frisk:
They glanced to Mettaton as they gave instructions, and then nodded. They raised a hand, quietly concentrating from what an outsider's perspective may have felt like forever. For Frisk, it was a brisk few seconds before they looked up to see a letter falling from the sky. They noted with some satisfaction that the letter hand landed right into their hand. They took the letter in one hand, using the other to once again strip away the white of the letter, turning it into swirling numbers and symbols that only resembled the shape of a letter now. They placed one hand on the letter, concentrating once again, not realizing they'd started to stick out their tongue in the process. The solid barrier of the letter broke, allowing Frisk to grab onto a line of code like a rope. A small sting of code broke free, the force causing Frisk to stumble a small bit and arm to raise straight up into the air. They opened their hand, the string quickly vanishing. They felt a burst of pride, then a small bit of apprehension. Had them putting something they hated inside the letter been cheating? It had given them more Determination to destroy the thing.. This thought provoked a small sigh from them. It almost looked like a sigh of relief. They glanced up to Mettaton, wondering what he thought.
Blueberry Sans:
"You're welcome human, and I would be glad to accompany you into your new house!" He energetically walked inside, and started to glance around. After a moment, he turned to Frisk, expression looking a little skeptical. "Er.. Human, are you sure this room is to your liking? It seems a little.. small. We could find another if that's the case!"
MangoTree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justlooking4awesome » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Mettaton DT||MTTDT AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Frisk, Faya

Mettaton looked over at Frisk and saw them concentrating. He then turned his attention back to Faya and replied, "To be honest, I do not know how the code symbols came into being. I had to learn them like a new language. They are not even very similar to computer programming in my universe, which I can read and understand with ease. The only piece that helped me was that I could break the code down to binary, which I can read. From there, I learned what the symbols equaled in binary and eventually got to the point where I could just read them without mentally translating them into binary, but I had to learn them. Some of the symbols look like something I found among Sans' notes on timelines, and some others resemble my language, but the rest were completely foreign to me, and even the ones I recognized do not mean the same thing in the code from where I know them from."
Just then, Mettaton noticed motion out of his peripheral vision, and he looked over to see that Frisk had made a letter and stripped the matter from it to turn in into pure code. He watched as they managed to pull a strand out, looking triumphant and then apprehensive. When they met his gaze, he gave them a smile. "Good job," he said. "That looked like it was difficult for you, but you did it. Do you want to try with the stump again?"

(@HaileyM: Have Chara start attacking the Series of Unfortunate Events universe whenever you're ready so that we can run through that plot arc and introduce MagicSpyglass' other characters.)

Frisk Smith||Age 25||Female||Glitched-Looptale AU||Crush: (open)||Talking to: Blueberry Sans

Frisk looked around and then back at Sans. "I think it's good," she said. "I don't need a lot of space, and it's nice and cozy. It suits me." She walked into the small kitchenette and opened the fridge, finding some soda in there. "Do you want some?" she said. "There's only the subpar yellow monster soda, but it's better than nothing."

"We can go see if he's busy," Here We Are offered, talking only about themselves.
Alphys nodded. "That would b-be helpful," she said.
"Alright," they replied, fading out of visibility in order to go check on Mettaton.
"They'll be back in a minute," Alphys said to Hellen. "They're pretty fast."

Sans tensed at first, but he quickly relaxed, allowing the warm touch. He put one bony hand over Laika's. Megalovania gave her a thankful smile, as it was glad that someone else was sharing in Sans' pain, at least for the moment.

JUST LOOKING FOR AWESOME
Image Image
I FOUND IT IN YOU
justlooking4awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tomura » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:32 am

Chara | MTTDT AU | Tagged: N/A
--
After everyone had left, Chara retreated to their "home", and began pacing for a while, thinking about what the three of them had said. Shaking their head slowly, they pushed the thoughts of doubt to the back of their mind. If they didn't start destroying timelines again, Mettaton would find a way to save them all and then their "quest" would be pointless and they would lose. They appeared in another timeline, glancing around it with a slight smirk. Series of Unfortunate Events. It didn't sound all that much like most of the timelines they'd been to, but it was still a timeline nonetheless, and one that was about to be destroyed at that. Reaching into the code, they began to pull it apart, allowing the timeline to begin to fall apart.
I finally changed my profile, happy now?
Tomura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me