these walls | multifandom rp | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

these walls 02

Postby tejkiau1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

♬ ♭ 𝙨𝙪𝙯𝙪
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    female * seventeen * belle * tagged: tanjiro, the merchant

-removed-

suzu had eventually made her way far enough from the other to finally slow down and catch her breath, or rather just calm herself. she was startled, of course she was, nobody she had ever met carried a sword like that, even around as!but who was she kidding, she knows this place is foreign to her, so hoping for something familiar was a bit useless, to say the least.

instead, she trips over her own feet as she realises the new sight, the being standing amongst wares as light flickered amongst him. his hand was outstretched to her, his smile a bit unsettling but she hoped it was real nontheless. instead of running from him as well, her curiosity peeks as her eyes land on the wares, and she holds back her stressed laugh.

greaaat great, he has weapons too. she asks herself again where she is and still cannot find an answer.

suzu, sucking this all up, approaches what she deems as the merchant slowly, she has to be brave for this, right? right?? and the only real weapon he has is a knife, that is unless he's hiding something from her.

"wares," she echoes, her curiosity obviously still getting the better of her as her hair slowly rests to sit amongst her backside. suzu supposes the mysterious man was right from his words.

"well, you see, i dont have any money with or on me... so i cant entertain your offers at the moment," she tries politely, because lets be honest, shes still terrified this guy is going to turn around and throw a dagger at her or something of similar sort. better safe than sorry. actually, this guy is a bit shifty, carrying things like nails and rocks and... soda? in his cloak. but it was rather convenient.

as shes looking, she barely registers the footsteps coming up behind her, and as she turns the voice she lurches in a jump and spins around to face who she had seen before. the guy with the sword.

oh. she is doomed.

suzu barely registers the words hes saying. he looks kind enough, but she had fallen for these things before! not again! she side steps so she stands before the merchant, pushing him forward and glaring at tanjiro with panic. "quick," she hisses, pointing a finger at tanjiro, "throw a knife at him or something before he pulls that sword out!"
Last edited by Fawnie on Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed images from post as per roleplay rules
tejkiau1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: these walls | multifandom rp | o&a

Postby legosiman » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:23 pm

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑀𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓉
Shop: Open ⦿ Species: Human(?) ⦿ Quests:0 ⦿Discounts Applied: 0% ⦿ Customers: Tanjiro and Suzu

The Merchant, however, did nothing. Eyes like those of the child, he knew all too well. Innocent kids never meant to hold a knife, forced to take a life against their will, who only wished to keep playing just a little bit longer, not to awaken into the hellhole that was reality. Those eyes were not that of a liar, nor someone who sought injury. Funny to think that many of them became loyal customers of his, buying crayons alongside bullets. “Ah, I believe it’d be wise to trust this one, Stranger.” The Merchant chuckled as he stared from head to toe at the newcomer, a smile all but apparent hidden behind his mouth cover. “I know his kind, that glint in his eyes is something lost when one starts to indulge in their own sin.” Before those dead eyes of his turned to the scaredy maiden. “Besides, at this point it might be wise to grant some level of trust to those who appear here, they might be as confused and scared as you are. Seeing as he has quite a weapon at his hip, perhaps he’s a warrior from a foreign land?”

“Now, back to business! You said you had no money on you right now, right? Don’t worry! How about a trade instead? I wish to venture outside but I’m…no warrior myself. I’m but a sickly man trying to make my way in the universe, and I’m sure you’ll feel safer with something to poke people at with. I can offer you this for your help.” The man slowly reached for the blade hidden in one of the pockets and pointed it at Suzu, before spinning it and replacing the metal edge for the wooden handle. “It might not be much, but I hope this is the start of a long history of transactions.”

“How about you, samurai?” The Merchant now veered his attention to the boy with the mark on his forehead, once more a hand digging into his pockets and retrieving a sharpening stone. “Sharpening stones like these are quite the rage for chefs and sword-wielders alike. However, seeing as you already have a weapon with you I can give you first-timers discount, how about it? Three dollars, on the cheap! Oh wait, you might use Yens instead…Mmmh, how about 380 yen? Sounds reasonable to you? Unless you don’t mind helping this old man scout this place. Who knows what might lay outside, for all intends and purposes we could be in enemy territory already.” And the possibility of cementing customer loyalty upon them. Twenty dollars are but a small sacrifice he was willing to pay for returning clientele.

[炎] 🄼🄴🅁🄲🄷🄰🄽🅃'🅂 🅂🄷🄾🄿 [炎]

Box of nails (x10)
“A box of nails! Pretty sturdy ones at that, what are you planning on using these for, stranger?”
$11.00 USD

Sharpening Stone
“Perfect for sharpening any blade!”
$4.20 USD

Kitchen Knife
“A simple kitchen knife, choosers can’t be beggars now can they, Stranger?”
$15 USD

First Aid kit
“Everything to treat wounds in the spur of the moment, small healing but pretty cheap overall.”
$10 USD

Coca Cola six pack
“Got a few cans before being thrown into this crazy place. Might be your last taste of our old world, Stranger.”
$11 USD

Knuckle Duster pair
“For when you want to give that little oomph to your punches!”
$7 USD

legosiman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Primal Dialga » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:20 am

Titan listens to what the teen has to say but the moment he mentions the word Demon slayer it peeks Titan's interest greatly since he wants to know what he meant by such words.

Titan was about to say something back to him but the teen cut the conservation off and walked away.

Titan then looks down at Shadow and says quietly to him "I think we should follow that teen ok plus I want answers to what a demon slayer is tho,I also want to answer his question about what a guild hunter is."

Shadow looks up at Titan and says quietly "Good idea meowster I will follow your lead okay but I will try my best to not freak anyone out ok."

Titan walks off in the same direction that the teen went but he makes sure he keeps Shadow close by his side tho.

Titan stops walking when he notices a strange man who seemed to be some kind of merchant and decides to approach him and says to him "I do have to ask what is a merchant like yourself doing in a strange place like this especially with monsters around but if you need protection from said monsters then I can more then give it to you but I'm going to need payment for my services since Monster hunters of the Hunters guild don't work for free,but currently I'm looking for the rest of my teammates tho since it's my responsibility to manage them and make sure none of them get killed by a monster."
Primal Dialga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Los {3} / Nocturn'o {1}

Postby Scorpioness » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:46 am

Los
    [Lamento: Beyond the Void (OC)] [male] [19 years] [tags: Ren]
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

His black ears perked up at the answer, so he was guessing right! That young man was from Two Canes people!
-Uhm, in case it's not obvious, I'm a ribika, a cat...- he answered and trying to contain his curiosity, he introduced himself properly -I'm Los, humble magician from Ransen, even though I only live close to the town... So you are a human? A real living Two Canes? I only had read and heard tales about your kind...- but unfortunately he couldn't help himself... It was surprising that Two Canes lacked tails and other appendages, yet the fact that they didn't even had claws to defend themselves was shocking - looking at the gloves, his claws must be very dull or he might not even have claws at all!

Los walked around the young Two Cane, looking at him curiosly and assesing his strength, he seemed to be trained for fighting...
-Hmmmmm... Am I guessing right that your kind also trains hunters and Sangas?-

Nocturn'o the Guildmaster
    [OFF (OC)] [male] [??? years] [tags: the crowd around the Merchant]
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Nocturn'o had very busy day today, he was personally handling some issues within the guild, also there appeared a problem with getting information about one or two worlds, which was very concerning... From what was already known, one world was completly razed to the ground, "purified" in the puppets words, the procedessor was going by the title of the Batter. Nocturn'o was supposed to cross the Rainbow in order to retrive the merchant who was residing there, yet something must've went wrong since he was wraped to the wrong place... He wasn't on the World Map (the Nothingness) or anyother Zone of his destination, the feline beast found himself in some dusty room which wasn't supposed to happen. He was standing confused in the middle room, there was bed and by the door laid some of his things. Strange, this was the first time when crossing the Rainbow failed, maybe it had something to do with the fact that his destination was "purified" making it inaccessible of sorts?

He didn't need to wait long for explanation, as out of nowhere he heard inhumane voice describing why he was wrapped to this world infested with monsters. With a sigh he came to understading that currently there was nothing he could do about this than follow the information provadided by the system... So he quickly looked over what was transported with him, ah. It looked that he had some Luck tickets, two pieces of Silver Flesh and one Joker, not to mention his trust worthy spear... Hmmm... Not bad, but it was too little to sell and from the voices coming from the corridor he guessed that these otherworldly travelers were probably broke at this moment so it didn't really matter. Without much fanfare he left the room, taking his stuff with him.

Nocturn'o walked leisurely towards the people at the end of the corridor, it was beginning to be crowded here... Ooooh, it seemed there was a fellow merchant as well, but the offered wares were... not so bad considering their current situation. Smirking behind his mask, he quickly walked over these travelers.
-My, my... What an interesting individuals we have here...- his voice was hoarse, yet it was quite pleasant for ears, the tone was even kinda teasing. He probably startled some of them, sometimes he moves too silent.
Scorpioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ren ( 004 ) | tanjiro ( 003 )

Postby Ploegy » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:01 am

Ren Amamiya!!
      xxxmale seventeen years old persona 5 tagged: los
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Seeing the other's reaction to his response confirmed the thoughts he had previously had. He really didn't know what a human was. What an odd concept. Even though he had suspected it as much, Ren wasn't sure how to feel about it. Things in this world were quite odd, maybe just as odd as the things he experienced in the Metaverse. As Los began to speak again, the teen decided to turn back towards the window and stared out it. While he didn't say it, he was still curious to what was occurring outside, though from the looks of it, thing had calmed down to an extent. People didn't seem to be running along the streets and the faint screams had died down. Everything seemed oddly quiet, though he could not complain. It hinted that something was being done about the situation which was good. He had made the right decision not to run ahead and investigate, though part of him wished he still had. He couldn't regret his decision now. Letting a soft sigh escape his lips, he figured he should respond.

"It's not obvious when you don't know what a ribika is," he remarked with a shake of his head. He could have said the same things about humans if he assumed they were common in world that existed. "Humanoid cats aren't a thing in my world." Deciding to leave it at that, Joker shifted his weight from his right to his left, hinting that he was becoming antsy of simply standing around. Conversation itself could only keep his attention for so long, and admittedly, he wasn't the most talkative person around, especially when his mind was focused on something completely off topic like it was now. Because of this, the teen almost missed the other's introduction. As his mind registered when he was being told, he blinked a few times before turning his head to look towards the other again. The latter part of it seemed like useless information to him, but the questions that followed made him feel as if the conversation was continuing in one big circle. While he understood being overly interested in his kind, he thought him saying he was one would be more than enough. Needing to reiterate the same thing only bothered him, though he didn't let such a feeling show.

"My name is Joker, and yes, I am indeed a human," he confirmed once again, lifting a hand up to rub the back of his neck. Before he could say anything else, he watched as the other approached him and began to circle around him, which caused his brows to furrow. He wasn't sure what he was trying to accomplish, but Ren couldn't say it made him feel entirely comfortable, though it wasn't something that was completely unfamiliar to him. Hearing Los speak again, the thief gave a shake of his head. "I'm not sure what a sanga is, but the general population of humans is not trained for combat or any kind of crisis. Even I wasn't officially trained." He briefly thought of mentioning he wasn't an ordinary human, but he ultimately decided against it. There was no reason for him to reveal he had powers of some sort, not until he actually needed to.

Tanjiro Kamado!!
      xxxmale sixteen years old demon slayer tagged: suzu, the merchant, titan & nocturn'o -> open

The girl's reaction was rather unexpected and caused Tanjiro's eyes to go wide. Hearing her suggest that the merchant throw a knife at him was not what he had expected to hear in return to his apology. It seemed that despite trying to act nicely, he wasn't going to get through to her and instead be threatened simply because of the sword he carried. He couldn't say that was much of a surprise. How she and the other man before had spotted it so easily was beyond him given that it was hidden away on his haori quite well, like it always was. He had learned to conceal it while he worked in populated areas to ensure that he didn't scare any of the locals. It seemed that hadn't worked all too well here though. If anything, he had caused quite the scene and no amount of apologizing was going to fix it. As much as that frustrated him, he couldn't let it get to him. He simply had to remember that not all people brought here were used to such things. It was as simple as that. Still, it was disheartening to hear Suzu seek to harm him, despite having done nothing wrong.

A frown was about to form upon his lips before he heard the merchant stand up for him. A wave of relief overcame him. At least the older man seemed to recognize he had come in peace. Still, he figured it might be best to calm the situation by distancing himself from the girl and allowing her to calm down. Perhaps then it was better if he left. As much as he hated the thought, it was probably for the better. It wasn't like him to think in such a way and usually he would go on about the likes of working together, but this time around, he didn't find it necessary. Besides, it wasn't as if she was alone anymore and he had found out her reasons for running from him in the first place. That was more than enough for him.

Before he could leave though, Tanjiro heard the merchant address him specifically, offering his wares to him. Quirking a brow, the teen gave a small shake of his head. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm sure if I tried sharpening my sword myself, I'd get yelled at by my sword smith back home if I messed up," he admitted with a chuckle. He was sure Haganezuka would cuss him out if he tried and ended up messing up. It was something the young slayer didn't want to experience yet another time. It was a miracle he had even gotten another sword when coming here. He was still unsure how it was possible, but he wanted to make sure he kept it in peak condition for when he was able to return. "Besides, I think it might be best if I give her some space. If she's worried about my sword, then I will go explore the rest of this place."

Again he was prepared to leave, but Titan's appearance stopped him. While the man didn't address him directly, he still knew that he had only come this way because of him. Much like his own weapon, he was sure this man's would worry the girl, but there was nothing he could do about it. If anything, he was more interested in the merchant anyways. That gave Tanjiro an opening to leave, or so he thought, but yet another showed up. This one was the oddest of the group, but just like Titan, he seemed mostly interested in the merchant and nobody else. How strange. It felt odd to him that everyone was so drawn to a simple merchant, but he wouldn't question it. Instead, he gave a small bow towards the group before turning on his heels and beginning to move in the opposite direction once again, without another word. It was probably better that way given how busy the area had become. Hopefully leaving wouldn't be a bad decision. For now all he could hope was he could find another individual or group that wasn't taken aback by his weaponry.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Egg With Legs » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:42 pm

Morgott - 100’s - Tags: Zenitsu, Roy

Morgott couldn't help but let the surprise show on his face (however briefly) when a child emerged from one of the adjacent rooms. It had been a long, long time since he had seen a child; The Shattering had made trying to raise a family in the Lands Between a near impossibility, even within the relative safety of Leyndell. A reedlander, by the look of his coat and blade, and likely another taken by this place's magic. The colors did puzzle him slightly; rather obvious for one living in a land as bloody as his likely home was. He didn't give it much thought, however, especially when the youth finally turned to face him and bolted on the spot. Not unexpected, sadly, but also clearly marking him as someone of little use in the coming days. The battles ahead had little use for frightened children.

However, his continuation forward was halted by a sword being thrust into his face. Another child, dressed in unfamiliar fashion, bore the blade, obviously moving to protect the boy. Surprisingly confident for someone in his position; he had seen hardened knights quail when faced with the Fell Omen. Then again, perhaps this boy was from beyond the Lands Between, though from where he could not fathom. Such information was rather limited within Leyndell's archives, for whatever reason it may be.

However, as much as the youth's bravery was admirable, such a challenge could not simply go unanswered. Morgott rose from his hunched position to his full height, a look of contempt staring down towards the youth. For a brief moment there is a flash and a sound like shattering glass, before a giant longsword formed of golden light appears in his open hand, motes of gold drifting through the air before fading to nothing as Morgott easily pushed the boy's blade aside, its edge resting just shy of the boy's neck. "Hardly as though one such as thyself would be of much threat to I." He said, glare intensifying for a moment. However, after holding the blade still for a few seconds, his hand releases its hilt, letting it dissipate into the same motes and sound as before, free hand moving to rest atop his cane as he returned to his hunched posture, face not so much softening as merely becoming less hard. "Fortunately, it would seem we share common cause. I take it thou were taken to this kingdom as well, willingly or no?"
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby multicurious » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 pm

MORGANNA WESTFALL
    ────────────────────── ──────────────────────
    [ fandom. guild wars 2 ] [ tagged. nobara, ma'at | mentioned: n/a ] [ location. the inn ]

─────The possibility that she was stuck here, away from her home, friends, and family, for an indeterminate amount of time set Morganna’s heart to beating a bit quicker. She crossed one arm across her chest, the other hand pinching the bridge of her nose in visible frustration. The logical side of her knew that what Ma’at was saying was true, but it wasn’t easy for her heart to accept it. There would be no asura gates to step through to be transported away, no mesmer portals, and no grace of the human gods to see her safely home. Just a mysterious group of magic users that have her, and who knows how many other people, completely at their mercy. Sympathy towards the charr’s mistrust of magic was becoming easier to come by.

─────“Yeah.” Was all she said after a pause, forcing herself to be resigned to what was apparently her new goal. Killing monsters has got to be one of the simpler things she’s done in the past eight or so years, anyways. “Whatever it takes to get back home, I’ll do it. The sooner we get started, the better.” She didn’t mention her nagging fear that should this little detour of theirs take too long, she may not have a home to go back to. Sensing her distress, the raptor at her side made a noise that sounded between a low growl and a purr and sat down on his haunches. His tail curved around her and he sat up straight and alert, a protective glint in his eyes as he scanned the hallway for the source of her upset even with there being none he could solve with his claws and fangs.

ZO-SHAJIRR
    ────────────────────── ──────────────────────
    [ fandom. elder scrolls ] [ tagged. john wick | mentioned: none ] [ location. the inn ]

─────Although they were covered by his headwear, Zo’s ears flattened against his head when his letter just refused to send. He huffed, tail lashing to and fro in evident frustration. He was about to give the whole thing up, floating his quill back into the folds of his turban. The parchment was about to follow, but a figure in Zo’s periphery caught his eye. It was a human, obviously, because of course it was. They were a common sight even in Elsweyr, and each one he’d met had left him in a worse mood than before. As this one approached his table, Zo couldn’t help but notice his attire. The suit and tie seemed a bit overkill to him, but perhaps he was kidnapped from a party when the spell was cast? The Alfiq couldn’t help the slight smirk when the man began to speak. He wasn’t unused to being mistaken for a housecat by non-Khajiit, in fact he rather enjoyed getting to correct them. Their faces were always priceless.

─────As the human reached out with a hand, presumably to see whether Zo was friendly or if he would try to maul him, Zo mirrored the action with a paw and placed it on top of the man’s hand. He pushed gently until it was resting on the table’s surface, then looked dead in his eyes. He nearly roared with laughter at the question being posed, but instead faked a horrified expression and exclaimed, “Dark Moons, this one certainly hopes not! Slavery would be just the sugar on the cake, no?” Zo paused to gauge the human’s reaction, expecting the usual sputtering his ability to speak usually draws out of them. He was curious when he noticed him looking at his letter, amber eyes flicking between the two. “What is the matter, walker? Never seen magic before? Hm?”
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

inosuke [ 002 ]

Postby twodee » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:13 am

𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘢 — demon slayer
    male ⯎ 15 years old ⯎ tags;; byleth
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Inosuke had raised his foot, ready to aim another kick at the poor door he was taking his feelings out on when it opened. Surprise had him freezing for a moment, foot raised in the air, as he studied the newcomer. He had been so wrapped up in his temper tantrum that he hadn't considered the fact that strangers could be occupying this building. Unless this guy was in cahoots with whoever was brave enough to bring him here. Naturally that train of thought had him taking a battle stance, stepping back and holding his swords at the ready. "You..." Inosuke started in a low voice, practically growling. However once he heard the other actually speak, he felt another wave of confusion hit him. Why did his voice sound just like Soichiro's? When it came to his friends, he knew he'd never mistake their voices for anyone else's. And this was definitely how he sounded when he spoke. That left Inosuke feeling even more suspicious than before. The conclusion he reached within seconds was that this new guy was definitely in cahoots with his invisible enemy. They did something to his buddy, potentially stole his voice, and now they're trying to lure Inosuke in with it.

"I'm not going to fall for it, demon!" He declared as he pointed a sword at Byleth. "What did you do with Soichiro? I'm going to force you to give that voice back!" He crouched into a more proper stance, continuing to bellow nonsense. "Fight me right here, right now if you're not a coward!" A pig-like snort left him. Normally he'd charge without a second thought but after the recent fights he's been in, he's learned that taking a moment to read the enemy's moves tended to be the better option as opposed to charging with little consideration. His patience hadn't grown much though, so even with his newfound knowledge the boy was still edging toward just flinging himself at this green-haired stranger with his swords a-blazing.

As he waited for his opponent to make any sudden move, he sized Byleth up. In Inosuke's opinion, he didn't look too threatening whatsoever. In fact, in any other situation Inosuke maybe would be calling him a 'weakling pipsqueak' instead of challenging him to an impromptu fight. A sword and a knife were strapped to him, and the boy would appreciate the potential opportunities of dual wielding if he didn't think it was a little ridiculous to have two blades that were completely different sizes. He didn't see a number etched onto the guy's eyes either, which made him want to laugh; if he truly were a demon then he clearly was a weak, unranked one. That thought filled Inosuke with glee. He'd be out of here in no time. "Your threat of unleashing monsters in this building is a poor one! Don't you know who I am? I can defeat all of them with one arm tied behind my back!" He wanted to strike fear in the other's heart with the talk of his own skills. Inosuke wasn't some wimpy, second-rate demon slayer after all. He was someone worthy of respect and expected to be taken seriously for it.
twodee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:26 am

Ma'at Sahan||127||Warhammer 40k||Tagged: Nobara, Morganna

Ma'at nodded tersely, with only a small upward turn at the corner of her mouth to indicate she was satisfied with her companions answers. Their concern for their home worlds was admirable, and they might only have been helping her because they had no other option, but she was confident that they would want to help of their own volition soon enough. Just as the Scarab is drawn to the lantern flame, so too are the truly righteous drawn to the Emperor's light, as the passage went.

"Then let us be about it," she said, clapping her hands together with a resounding *clank*. "We should find the others that have been pulled here first. I doubt they only called upon the three of us to aid them in their time of crisis, and we will need superior numbers if these beasts are as fierce as they claim. The shield of faith us strongest when backed with steel, and the fires of righteousness must still be stoked with promethium." Her tone made it clear that it was more of an order than a suggestion. "This hab-block should have a common area, it would be prudent for us to look there first." Turning on her heel, the Palatine strode off down the hall, turquoise robes billowing behind her.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

byleth ( 002 )

Postby Ploegy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:28 pm

Byleth Eisner!!
      xxxmale twenty-one years old fe3h tagged: inosuke

The reaction of the teen was rather odd, yet Byleth was hardly fazed by Inosuke's eccentric behavior. Hearing the boy growl at him before taking a defensive stance only caused the professor to flatten his brows in disapproval. Whatever was going on in the boy's teen must have been strange, but it was clear enough that he did not take kindly to his presence. Eyeing his swords, Byleth was quick to assume this other was trained with them. It wasn't common for the average folk to carry around such blades in the first place. A fight wasn't what he was looking for though. All he wanted to know was if this boy was in the same situation as himself. Getting an answer to that seemed rather unlikely. Even so, the young professor didn't reach for his sword, but instead stood staring at the boar-headed kid. His silence probably wasn't doing him much good. Words weren't something that came easy to him, despite the fact he was a teacher. It wasn't as if it had been by choice after all. He merely had been offered the position and his father told him it was best to fall in line and listen to Rhea. Maybe that had been a mistake.

His mind didn't linger long on the thought of his own previous decisions though. Instead, as Inosuke's next words came out, Byleth's focus was pulled immediately back. The word demon was enough to do that. Those words stung more than the swordsmen wished to admit. Had his nickname from back home followed him here? It seemed strange, but perhaps the ones who had brought him here and mentioned it. Thinking on it momentarily, he dismissed the idea. The boy hadn't called him "ashen demon," but rather simply a demon. It was likely a mere coincidence, yet it still caused a faint frown to form upon his lips. It was a subtle hint of emotion that rarely crossed his face. However, he did not speak, allowing Inosuke to go on. That was when his expression changed even more. He raised a brow and cocked his head slightly to the side, trying to make sense of the teen's words. "Excuse me?" was all he managed to get out before the boy challenged him to a fight. It was clear he was convinced that Byleth was some kind of monster who had stolen the voice of one of his friends. It was a strange notion that left the professor unsure. The thought of having a similar voice to someone from another world was both fascinating, but frightening. It wasn't something he could ponder for long though. Eyeing Inosuke again, he could tell he was waiting for him to make the first move. As much as he wished to avoid violence, he doubted logic was going to get him far with his individual even his radical accusations thus far. Still, he needed to say something before agreeing to fight. Even with a sword pointed towards him, he decided to speak first.

"I did nothing to your friend. He and I having similar voices is nothing more than a coincidence," he tried to explain. As he did, his gaze quickly shifted off Inosuke and observed his surroundings better. The room was admittedly too small to use for a fight, especially given his own sword's properties. It wasn't ideal to fight in such a tight space. Even so, he doubted the boar-headed boy would let him past either, not that the hallway offer more space anyways. His thought process was briefly put on hold when he heard the boy speak again. His initial statement made it clear that he truly thought that he was some kind of villain. However, the statement that followed was interesting to say the least. He certainly was full of confidence, Byleth would give him that, but confidence was a feeble shield in his eyes. "I do not wish to fight you, but if you are so keen on accusing me of this whole ordeal, then so be it."

The professor's desire for peace had quickly faded, knowing he couldn't afford to leave himself wide open for too long. It was only a matter of time before the boy changed his mind about waiting to strike first. There was no telling if he'd be able to reserve time fast enough if he were to get mortally wounded after all. However, where was the best place to take this fight? Again, Byleth's eyes wandered about the room and he turned slightly to get a look behind him. That was when his gazed landed upon the windows on the opposite side. There was no telling how high up they were, but it was his only escape option to the outside world. Turning his attention back towards Inosuke, he decided to give one final statement before he went through with his own reckless plan. "If fighting is the only way I can prove myself to you, then you better be able to keep up." Unlike his voice before, hints of emotion seeped into Byleth's final statement. Seriousness laced his words along with a clear annoyed undertone. To have such emotion come through was more meaningful than Inosuke would understand, unfortunately.

Not waiting more than a moment after he spoke, Byleth turned briskly towards the window and burst forward with as much speed as he could gather in a short amount of time. Putting his arms up to protect his head and upper body, he jumped forward into the glass panel causing it to shatter instantly upon impact and allow him to escape into the outside world. He couldn't waste anyt time as soon as he was airborne. Turning his back towards the ground, he reached for his sword and pulled it from its sheath, quickly lashing it out. Instantly, the sword came to life, glowing a faint orange as it began to break apart into its whip form. Its tip lodged itself securely into the side of the building, offering Byleth a safer fall. However, that wasn't all he needed. Bracing himself for impact with the side of the building, the former mercenary extended his legs out to take the brunt of it. Grunting softly as his feet collided with the wall, the young man let a sigh of relief escape his lips as he allowed himself to stay dangling there for a moment. Everything was alright. Well, almost everything. He still had the issue of the kid. There was no doubt he'd follow, even after such a reckless maneuver. There was no time to rest. He needed to get down all the way and prepare himself for what was to come.

Glancing down at the ground, it wasn't too far under him now. Luckily the jump had only been about three stories high, though no normal person would do such a thing. Luckily, he was no normal person. Dropping his feet from the wall, Byleth allowed his sword to release itself from the wall and let him fall the rest of the way. With himself on solid ground once more, he let the glow fade from his weapon as he stepped back and looked up from where he had jumped. All he could do was mentally prepare himself and hope the boy would come to his senses sooner rather than later.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me