This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Re: This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting!

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:03 pm

(Insomnia is annoying :p after this post I'm gonna try to go to sleep again)

|Tarben|17|Viking|Location: Berk|Dragon: Ember|Tags: Toothless, Willa, Tobias, and Mel |

Tarben eyed the Death Song not with wariness, but with sympathy. "My dragon didn't like the Academy much either the first time I led her inside," he said in an attempt to be reassuring. "She grew more comfortable with it in time, though."

|Ember|Monstrous Nightmare|Adolescent|Location: Berk|Rider: Tarben|Tags: Rouge and Brenna

Upon realising that she was scaring the girl a bit, Ember backed away. Despite the fact that the Monstrous Nightmare still didn't like or trust the stranger, she didn't want to scare her too badly. Tarben would be quite disappointed - while Ember didn't care when she made her rider angry, his disappointment was something she disliked majorly.

|Brenna Stormborn|16|Location: Berk|Tags: Rouge and Ember|

Brenna sent a rare smile at her dragon friend, giving it a tentative stroke. Hopefully she'd be able to find someone who could tell her what kind of dragon this was and what its gender was.

|Stormchaser|Skrill|Adolescent|Location: Berk|Tags: Raya, Benron, Nettal, Sirene |
Stormchaser offered the other fish to the viking girl. He didn't know if humans ate fish, but it was worth a shot.

The Skrill, though still acting defencive and wary, dipped his head towards Benron and Nettal in a gesture of peace. If these other dragons seem to like them, then they can't be so bad, right?

|Magna "The Spitfire" Eldrsdóttir|17|Location: Berk Wilderness|Tags: Open|

Magna stared intently at a cluster of flowers, chewing furiously on the end of her pencil. "Those better not be blue oleander," she muttered to herself. After a couple more moments of inspection, she threw up her arms in defeat. "I can' tell if i's blue or purple!" she exclaimed in exasperation, though there was no one around to hear. "Looks sorta like a periwinkle t' me." She scrunched up her face as she squinted at the flowers once more. "Mayhaps I'll just pick one an' take it back t' Phlegma or Gothi," she reckoned aloud. "Either o' them'll recognise it." Cautiously so not to damage the flower, Magna plucked one and put it carefully between the pages of her notebook to keep it from getting wrinkled or harmed. She closed the notebook and returned it, along with her pencil, to the messenger bag she carried.

Attachments
Kiwi.png
(Here's a screenshot of my Flame Whipper named Kiwi in School of Dragons. Hope this helps c:)
Kiwi.png (277.27 KiB) Viewed 38 times
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:22 pm

(Ah, I see the poison frog reference now. I haven't played the game in a while so there's probably a crap ton of new dragons. Man, I should have played a Deathsong!)

From above Magna's head came the sound of uneven, labored flapping. If she looked up, she would see the awkward flight of an injured Stormcutter minutes before the huge male crashed in the nearby woods. Wildfire groaned as he lay on his side, injured wing held off the ground, as he tried to catch his breath.

Icewing stared at Snovella then looked up at the human dwellings. No dragon would work with hunters, right? So...if she said that it was safe, then it must be. With a groan of apprehension, he got to his feet and slowly followed her into the village. His head was never still as he looked at everything, twitching at every noise.
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby startail;; » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 pm

done by me. editable by From the Stars

The Basics
Name: Marilious ( mar/il/ee/ous)
Tribe: Dragon hunter
Height: 5 foot 11
Build: slim but very stong and muculin
Skin type: olive
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: ice blue
Scars/tattoos/birthmarks: He has a scar throgh his left eyebrow, claw scar on his right arm, bite scar in his left shoulder, burn on his left abdominal, claw marks on his back, he plenty of scars but those are the major ones. You don't see them all under his clothing.He has a peg leg on his right, now replaced with a joined metal boot. His clothing is in the pic above. he like never takes it off, especially his hood and mask.

Digging Deeper
Sexuality: straight
Personality:
Very mysterious. Does not really care for anything, no respect for life. kills for practice and fun. he is very lonely has no family or friends. Is very skilled with all weapons. He is very light on his feet.
he really doesn't think of these things but he likes the smell of dragon death and victory. Fighting, only because he is engaged with a dragon or person.
Dislikes: LOSING.
Fears: he pretty fearless.
History:
He was dropped off on a doorstep of an old sour man Viking. was born to a dragon hunter and raised in it. hates dragons, for what they have done to him and his life. a wanderer. works in the black market.

Personal Relations
Parents: Step Father is dead. real Father and Mother???
Siblings: none??? he grew up not knowing
Friends: NONE
Dragon: Zarogrem
Relationship with Dragon: enemys. they trust each other hardly.

The Basics
Name: Zarogrem ( zar/o/grem )
Breed: skrill
Colouration: He is very dark almost black with a tint of blueish purple
Eyes: redish brown
Scars/birthmarks: plenty scars. and has many chains on him, a lot of chains that enable Marilious to controll him as seen in the pic above.

Digging Deeper
Sexuality: straight
Personality:
a very plain dragon. really does not think for himself. obeys orders of Marilious. hates Marilious and at the same time ethe only Viking he cared about. Him and Marilious have a lot of similarities
he does not know what to like. hes lonely.
Dislikes:
a lot. (will fill out soon)
Fears:
he does not know what to fear, he only fears for his rider.
History:
as a hatchling he was captured by hunters, he learned to obey what they say or he will pay the price. Was with an elder Viking in his early day, but the Viking died and he was given to Marilious.

Personal Relations
Friends: none
Family: none
Rider: Marious
Relationship with rider: He is his master, and do your masters bidding or else. he cares for Marilious with his life but not out of love.

(we got a ton of dragons getting injured but not one dragon HUNTER!!)
Last edited by startail;; on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

To-do wrote:-
-
-
-

startail;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bambi-loon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:05 pm

(Oh gosh, i'm really sorry for my inactivity. School's been hell with my GCSEs getting closer ;-;)
bambi-loon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:03 am

(@startail: Accepted! Yay a dragon hunter c:)
(@Wicked: It's totally fine. I've got a bunch of friends in England since I used to live there, and the ones who haven't taken the GCEs already are stressing about them as well c:)

|Tarben|17|Viking|Location: Berk|Dragon: Ember|Tags: Toothless, Willa, Tobias, and Mel |

Tarben eyed the Death Song not with wariness, but with sympathy. "My dragon didn't like the Academy much either the first time I led her inside," he said in an attempt to be reassuring. "She grew more comfortable with it in time, though."

|Ember|Monstrous Nightmare|Adolescent|Location: Berk|Rider: Tarben|Tags: Rouge and Brenna

Upon realising that she was scaring the girl a bit, Ember backed away. Despite the fact that the Monstrous Nightmare still didn't like or trust the stranger, she didn't want to scare her too badly. Tarben would be quite disappointed - while Ember didn't care when she made her rider angry, his disappointment was something she disliked majorly.

Brenna sent a rare smile at her dragon friend, giving it a tentative stroke. Hopefully she'd be able to find someone who could tell her what kind of dragon this was and what its gender was.

|Stormchaser|Skrill|Adolescent|Location: Berk|Tags: Raya, Benron, Nettal, Sirene |

Stormchaser offered the other fish to the viking girl. He didn't know if humans ate fish, but it was worth a shot.
The Skrill, though still acting defencive and wary, dipped his head towards Benron and Nettal in a gesture of peace. If these other dragons seem to like them, then they can't be so bad, right?

|Magna "The Spitfire" Eldrsdóttir|17|Location: Berk Wilderness|Tags: Wildfire|

"What in the name of Odin was that!?" Magna exclaimed when a strange sound entered her notice, followed by a large crash. Without thinking, she rushed towards the area where it had emanated from. As she neared the site, she thought she heard a groan. She followed the sound deeper into the forest, where a dragon lay on the ground. It seemed to be in some sort of duress. "Are you alright?" she called before realising that the beast would be unable to answer, at least in human language. After she'd asked, she noticed that the dragon was holding one of its wings off of the ground. Throwing caution to the wind as usual, Magna sprinted forward to inspect the wounded dragon.

Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayleef » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:16 am

Anyone open to talk to Astral, Starjumper, and Icebreaker? also could my charactors like come across berk later?)
╔═════════════════════════╗

Hey there! I'm Bayleef :3
Used to be Sign of the stars.
You can call me Sign or Bay; She/her
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

ImageImageImage

╚═════════════════════════╝

❀❀❀❀❀❀
❀❀❀❀❀❀
❀❀❀❀❀❀
❀❀❀❀❀❀
©
Image Image Image

ImageImage
Bayleef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: This is Berk [HTTYD RP] - New, Open, and Accepting

Postby Almond Bark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 am

Morlil | Submaripper | Location: Berk|Tags: Sirene, Benron, Shelltoe, Nettal, Stormchaser, Raya
It was quiet and still except for Morlil's heavy steps in the sand as he trudged along. But he could also hear a sound approaching him, a dragon. Morlil whipped around and got into stance, breathing gas bubbles to alert the dragon that he would fight. He squinted his eyes at the dragon, realising how familiar it looked to.... Shelltoe! He lifted himself off the rocky sea ground and propelled himself forward with his wings. When he was a few feet away from Shelltoe when he steadied himself to a halt. He glanced around then focused his gaze on Shelltoe. When he was a short distance away, He finally muttered out some questions in dragon language. "Why are you here..?" He paused, "is anyone with you?" After a heaved sigh, he stated, "I felt bad for what happened back there, I don't do good with humans, or well, newer dragons too" It felt good to get that out.. he thought, he wasn't used to being "sorry," in the wild he would show no mercy towards anyone.

Oracle | Eruptodon | Location: Berk
Oracle could hear a tremor of noise out in the distance, whatever or whoever was on that island was loud. She slowed her pace, the quick pace tiring her out slowly. Oracle slowly lowered herself to the sea level and poked the tip of her foot into the sea. Cold... she shuddered. She picked out her foot and shook it off gently. The distant island was beginning to shape itself out. It was a big one too. There were large figures scattered around the island.. viking huts maybe? So there were humans here.. She could also make out a beach, with lots of figures in all different sizes scattered about the beach. Oracle flew up into the clouds... They could be dragon hunters, she realized slowing to a halt.

(Oracle could come across them if that's ok Sign of the stars)

╔════════════╗

Rather Inactive, so please give
me some time to reply to messages.
- - -
any pronouns
01-30

𓃡 | 𓃹 | 𓃒

╚════════════╝
Almond Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:59 am

Raya smiled at Stormchaser. "You sure you don't want it?" She asked. She thought he was hungry.

Sirene watched as Morlil flew off. She looked at her injured wing and back up at the sky.

coding by spooky jim

Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedLionPaladin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:57 am

Icewing followed Snovella reluctantly, eyeing everything as they moved. "Someone comes after me with a weapon, I'm leaving, got it?" He growled unhappily.

Wildfire opened his eyes as he heard movement coming towards him. At the sight of the human, he snarled and righted himself quickly. Keeping his injured wing away from the human, he growled as he watched her. Before he moved it away, Magna could see the thick broken arrow shaft sticking out of his wing. She would also be able to see the scars on his sides and chain marks around his legs and tail.
RedLionPaladin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:24 am

(On mobile right now between rehearsals; posts might be short and sporadic)

Though he was hungry, Stormchaser still offered the fish to the Viking girl. He wanted to show her that he trusted her and he was grateful for her help and friendship.

|Magna "The Spitfire" Eldrsdóttir|17|Location: Berk Wilderness|Tags: Wildfire|

"Whoa, calm down, big guy, I won't hurt ya," Magna squeaked, throwing her hands up to show the dragon that she was unarmed. Upon further inspection, she could tell that it was an adult male Stormcutter. Her brow creased with sadness as she noticed the scars along his sides, the raw marks where shackles and chains may have gone, and arrow stuck in his wing. "Did hunters do that to you?" she asked tenderly. Without waiting for acknowledgement, she prattled on. "Us living here, we're no hunters. As a matter of fact, we're friendly with dragons and we help defend you against those nasty dragon-hunting pondscum." She spat the last few words with conviction, showing her distaste for dragon hunters. Her tone softened as she continued. "I can help ya though, if you'll let me."

Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me