Ark Survival Asended?!?!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Ark Survival Asended?!?!

Postby Shadow_Shepherd » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:56 pm

I'm a huge fan and am curious who else is? I'm waiting for Xbox release but please tell me what you like so far and maybe even some tips for when it's time!?
Image Saint
Shadow_Shepherd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ark Survival Asended?!?!

Postby httpsmads » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:21 pm

As a long-time ark fanatic, there are so many things right with ASA as there are things wrong (which hopefully can be fixed over time).

Pros: The game is extremely beautiful, the graphics and animations of the water and plants are amazing, there are so many cool quality of life features added like automatic snapping to structures and not needing tons of pipes to irrigate your crops. Over half of the dinos (excluding flyers and ocean dinos at the moment) can have baby dinos that you can tame and imprint on as long as you kill the parents. That feature makes taming creatures so much easier especially in a solo PVE setting where you don't want to wait to tame and breed two dinos. Some of the game mechanics are tweaked and there are new berries that you can use for dye and recipes. The Island also feels a lot bigger for some reason. Also, I'm not sure if this was intentional, but loot drops are INSANELY stacked for some reason, it's actually worth to get them now rather than in ASE where high tier drops can produce thatch materials.

Cons: Although the game may be beautiful, you need a BEEFY pc and graphics card to get good frames. It's better to just leave your graphics at the minimum or medium settings, even then sometimes you can barely reel in 30 fps. The game lags a TON, and sometimes baby dinos and shoulder pets will sink under the map and fall into the void never to be seen again, I've even had baby dinos teleport to the top of the map in the sky and take actual hours to fall back down (kind of reminds me of spawning a chicken in minecraft and letting it fall from the build limit). Creature pathfinding has been reworked entirely and this can both be a pro and a con, mostly a con from what I have experienced, I've had trouble killing raptors for the first time in forever because of their weird pathfinding. It's like they get completely confused and move sporadically when I stand on a ledge too high for them which eventually leads to them CLIPPING into the ground and FLOATING out to reach and kill me.

Also I know that I shouldn't complain about this, but the only map available right now is The Island, which can get boring after some time if you're a veteran ark player who knows the map by heart. I know that the other maps will be released eventually in free dlc rather than having to pay for each map seperately, but I just wish they had the other free maps like Valguero or Ragnarok to play with as well. (Idek if those will be in the game since they were originally community made maps, but we will see.)

I hope that all of the current bugs in the game get fixed for the console release. I get that the pc players are kind of the "test dummies" for ASA right now, but it just kind of sucks to have em, especially when ASA was supposed to be the problem solver for ASE in getting rid of all of the bugs from the game and having a fresh start.

Other than all of that, I really do like ASA and I'm honestly excited for when they bring out maps like Aberration and Extinction and give them a fresh coat of paint.

I have free pets here! Take one per day pls!
vvv
Click here to adopt!

I'm always looking for orange tabby cats with green eyes to collect. My orange baby Apollo has recently passed away and I want to make a collection of CS's orange tabbies in his memory. Please send me a dm if you'd like to set up a trade.
httpsmads

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow_Shepherd » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:37 pm

This warms my heart, IM HOPING that a new map releases with xbox but ark has always been buggy and lagging but wildcard was a bit rushed, hence delay. My favorite maps are aberration and valguero, thanks for Been the testers tho, I can understand how it can be both rewarding and frustrating.
Image Saint
Shadow_Shepherd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow_Shepherd » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:03 am

Shadow_Shepherd wrote:I'm a huge fan and am curious who else is? I'm waiting for Xbox release but please tell me what you like so far and maybe even some tips for when it's time!?
Image Saint
Shadow_Shepherd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me