Disney Dreamlight Valley

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Disney Dreamlight Valley

Postby CalicoWolf » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:05 am

Absolutely LOVE this game. Started late, like a month or two ago and I'm completely finished now.
All the Wells and Goofys Stalls open.
The Storyline.
All characters at 10.
Wall-e's garden fully leveled
Moanas Boat the highest level.
Scrooge and Remis up all the way.
Everything is fully leveled up except my personal house which I have 4 floors. I don't feel I need any more than that right now. :lol: Just waiting for the Sept update.
How has everyone liked the DreamSnaps?
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 am

It was a long while before I made a second floor after finishing upgrading my house. Now I have 7 to 10 floors I think? Most of them are not decorated though lol. I got 900 moonstones for the first two dreamsnap challenges, but my rank and score went slightly up on the second challenge. I only got 600 moonstones last week, but I think it's because I second guessed myself and changed the picture on like day two or three of the challenge. The daytime/sunset one probably would have scored a lot higher than the night one. For the fire and water one, I was just hoping to at least get 1500-2500 moonstones, but I got 4,000! I was so happy to see that because I worked hard on that entry.

I bought the dark castle today. I've placed it in the Forgotten lands, but haven't decorated anything yet. I was thinking of making a graveyard around it or something. I need to buy more pumpkins and craft some pumpkin scarecrows to use. I will make the inside like a haunted house I think. I'm hoping some of the items from the first Halloween star path come back because that will help a lot. I missed that star path.

I hope I get at least 1200 moonstones for the rainbow challenge. I worked pretty hard and for a long time on that submission. I didn't have that rainbow tye-dyed shirt that some used, so I had to wear the sweater with rainbow balloons on it. I'm not sure if the tye-dye shirt was from a star path I missed or a premium or twitch item or what, but I don't have it and Scrooge doesn't have clothes anymore for me lol. For the rainbow entry, I decorated a room in my sweet house in rainbow colors. Vanellope is in my picture. I told her we would hang out later and she still followed me inside the house lol.

Edit: I got 4000 moonstones for my rainbow entry! I'm surprised I got that much, honestly, but elated. I'm not sure how I will do on the dreamers unite one. (Edit 9-6: I only got 900 for the dreamers one). It would have been perfect if I could have submitted the first one I took. I had stitch and Mickey in it (the latter just showed up while I was in photo mode). I had to redo it because I didn't have enough of the required items in it. By the time I finished adding more items (the filter system is messed up because some of the items under the filters didn't meet the requirements apparently because I had to add more still), Mickey was gone. I still had Stitch in my photo and was holding one of my turtles. Hopefully I get at least 1500 on it because that was a struggle.

For the new challenge I was hoping the Forgotten would be in my valley today and I could have taken a pic in forgotten lands, but she wasn't there. I wanted her in my photo so I had to go to the dark realm to find her. I wish they'd make it to where I could ask her to hangout with me. I wish they'd release a false stairway item so I could put it in the middle of the first room in my spooky castle to give the illusion of a second floor. I don't want dark castle as my main house. I like my light purple two-story looking house (just wish the front door color wasn't that dark green shade lol).

They've leaked that the next character bundle is Ursula and we will be able to turn her into Vanessa. If they don't raise the price, I may get that one because the clothes and items are pretty good. It will also be nice to be able to (hopefully) assign her a task. I wonder if we will be able to level her up as Vanessa or will she already be at ten since Ursula is leveled up fully.

Also they've announced a cozy edition of the game is coming soon. It's fifty bucks and you get the game, a Cheshire Cat shirt, some raccoon skins and the purple cottage skin. I'm not paying fifty bucks for a shirt and pets (since I already have the game) and a house I can get in premium shop. They said if you have the game, you can pay fifty bucks, use the digital code included and get the items. No thanks. This is going to cause people to get upset again. Some people who have the game already and have the cottage already are going to want the shirt and pets, but will be upset that they will have to pay that much just for that. Unless I misinterpreted and they will just give current players the code for free, but I doubt it. Sometimes it seems like a "one step forward, two steps back" kind of situation with game loft. People were angry about premium shop prices, so they give us moonstones for dream snaps, people calmed down. Now there's this issue with this cozy edition thing. Personally, I don't care if I have those things that much myself. If I can still at some point get the cottage in premium shop, I'm good. I mean, I do kind of like the shirt, but not enough to pay fifty dollars for it. The raccoons are cute and all, but not something I have to have lol. I just don't like seeing all the negativity amongst the DDLV community and I fear this will cause some.

I can't wait for the new star path that will be Halloween, pirates and possibly nightmare before Christmas. It might be interesting to see Belle and Beast, but I'm not looking forward to Gaston. I don't like the look of the cartoon version of Gaston. Now if they were to base him on Luke Evans' live action movie version, I'd be all for that. :)
Edit: I heard that imdb has a voice actor listed for Gaston, so he will likely be arriving sooner or later.

9-6: new challenge is dreamy kitchen. I could not buy more fridges from Scrooge. I don't know if it's because I have them all over my valley as storage chests or not. I used a wardrobe closet to put all the stuff from one if the fridges in and then was able to put that fridge in my house. I need to go to Scrooge tomorrow and see if I can buy another one of those fridges now just to see if that's why I couldn't before. I may buy the palace before the premium shop items change, not sure yet.
Last edited by SupernaturalJem on Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:54 am

I was able to buy fridges by using the touchscreen function on the switch. I didn't get the palace. Yesterday it said the premium shop would not refresh for two days, so I thought I had more time. I guess that two days left tag was a bug.

I had 22,000 something moonstones when I first got on today. I ended up getting 4,000 for my forget me not entry. So I had 26,000 something before buying the Ursula bundle, the tower of terror and the zero fox bundle. Oh and unlocking the star path. I did some star path stuff and got back 300 moonstones so far, so with the Wednesday and Thursday daily moonstones, I now am at 13,000 plus, so not too bad. They did have the haunted mansion bundle in the premium shop at first (you got two versions for the price of one), but it was glitched, so they removed it and replaced it with tower of terror. Apparently people who were using the haunted mansion (not sure if regular or Halloween one) as their player house skin could no longer access their game. When they get fixed and return, I will be buying them then as extra houses, not as mine lol.

I love that we're getting costumes for our avatar. I don't like that they gave Stitch the devil costume instead of the Elvis one. I won't be using that one, but I may use the pirate Donald one. I love that we get Jack Skellington's outfit. I'm totally rocking that one for Halloween I think.

I love the clothes that came in Ursula's bundle. They are pretty cool. I used the dress for my dreamsnaps. I've only done the first few Ursula quests. I didn't have enough battery charge to wait a whole hour for the next part of the quest I was doing, so I will do it later. I haven't opened Belle's realm yet. I will do that tomorrow probably.

I'm excited that we will get to do quests to help the Forgotten character settle in our valley. Hopefully after that we will be able to move the treehouse. But will that be their home. If so, we won't be able to go into the dreamscapes anymore lol. I haven't since the quests, but some have used it in dreamsnaps, so some might be unhappy if that's the case. Or we will have yet another home to place? Or will they be our roommates? I don't know, but I hope the portal to the dark realm remains just in case I ever find that last green bottle (which is looking unlikely at this point) to get rainbow fox.

Edit (9-21-23): Well, I'm frustrated. Despite working literally an hour or more on my kitchen dream snaps, I only got 600 moonstones. It definitely deserved 900-1200 just for how much work I put into it. I honestly didn't think I'd get more than 1200, but I definitely expected it to get at least that. It seems like my score is always worse whenever Stitch is with me. I thought everyone loved Stitch. He's one of my favorites, so I hang out with him a lot. Well, he's a curse for me with dreamsnaps obviously. Every time I got 4000 moonstones, he was not in the picture. I was either alone or for the rainbow one with Vanelope and the "forget me not" with Forgotten. So, I'm not using Stitch in dream snaps anymore. The only other possible explanation is that people didn't vote as much last week due to new quests and stuff, so maybe some photos didn't come up as often? I don't know, it's just weird that Stitch was in every single one of mine that did poorly. I'd understand if it was Maui or Gothel, but cute little Stitchy? Makes no sense lol. Anyway, I do think the decor challenges should be scored differently than outfit since nine times out of ten way more work goes into them. The minimum moonstones for decor should be 1200 and max should be 15000 (instead of 12), but that's just my opinion.

I'm not sure what to do for this week's challenge. By "your favorite critter", do they mean your favorite type or your favorite critter overall? Like for me, it's zero fox and the scary squirrel, hands down. So do I do a setup with spooky stuff in the background or what? Cause for type of critter, I'm not really sure. Probably whichever is easier to approach lol. I did buy all of the stuff in premium shop other than cottage (I will get it much later when I have more moonstones). I'm down to nine thousand something moonstones (from fourteen thousand something). Hopefully I will get at least four thousand next week for my dreamsnap. I've seen some spoilers about upcoming stuff in premium shop and some of them are pretty epic.

People who bought the haunted mansion bundle were given their moonstones back, but get to keep the mansions. I hope when they fix the glitch with it that they will give the bundle to every other player for free (since the people who have it essentially got it for free now) because otherwise, that would be unfair and they will get a lot of anger from players.

Oh and what on earth was that weird Olaf quest about? Ten random wooden chairs that most players had and would be unlikely to use? What was the point of that? They could have given us totally new chairs like ones that look like branches nailed together or something. I think the developers were totally just trolling the players with that quest lol.

Edit(9-25-23): There is a weird glitch with the magic balloon bundles. I have one placed in three different biomes and they only show up when I get close to them. I also cannot remove them via furniture mode. It acts like they are not there. But, I can't walk where they are. I have to go around (difficult when I can't see them lol). Anyone else having this issue? Also noticed after Vanelope update that the picture for coconut boba tea is not showing up at all. I thought they'd fix it with the newest update, but they didn't. The boba tea thing is definitely not just for me. I also noticed it while watching someone play the game in a you tube video.

Edit(9-28-23): well, I got my lowest number of moonstones to date on dapper challenge (and I didn't even have Stitch with me this time. I had Ursula hanging out with me, but she wasn't in the photo). I only got 300. I had on the Ursula outfit. It fit all the tags and I had enough from all the tags. I guess maybe it didn't fit the theme? I don't see how since it's a very theatrical outfit. Whatever, I didn't like the theme anyway. I hope my critter love entry does much better. I even put down pathing for it which is a pain to do on the switch.

Newest theme is autumn. Speaking of which, there is a new code for free items. It's "autumnbundle" all caps, no spaces, no quotations. Anyway, I sent an entry last night and I had a good idea for it. I just hope voters get what I was going for with it.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:58 am

My critter love entry got 2500 moonstones, so much improved from last week. I hope I get at least that or more for the autumn one. New challenge is "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed. I bought the Sally dress and the haunted mansion bundle. Now I'm down to eight thousand something moonstones. I didn't buy the princess shelf and probably never will unless there's a time when it's the only thing in the shop I don't have. I didn't buy the apartment this time either, but maybe someday. I want to save up for that mushroom cottage that will be coming eventually. Honestly, I am not crazy about that Frosty Fortress, so I probably won't be buying it.

I placed the nightmare before Christmas mansion in forgotten lands, but I think I'm gonna put the regular mansion in the glade. I can't wait till we get those new biomes. I'm running out of room and I don't even have all of the current house skins lol. I'm hoping at some point the forgotten lands will expand. Other than plaza and meadow, it's the only biome that didn't have another area you couldn't get to at first. It's such a small biome. I need it to be bigger because so much fits with the theme of the area, but there's not enough room. Not being allowed to move the treehouse is a problem too. I'm probably going to end up moving Godmother to forest or glade at some point. I moved the dream light tree from forgotten to glade, so I have two of those trees in glade. I really don't want to have to take up my fire/water dream snap scene in plateau, but I may eventually have to.

Edit: 10-11-23: WARNING!!!! Do NOT set the new Frosty Fortress as your main house. It's glitched like the mansion was.

I only got 600 on my autumn dream snaps. I'm getting beyond frustrated at this point. I had two flannels on plus all fall colors: red, brown, green & yellow. I also set up what I thought was a good idea in the background. I had several leaf rugs, a garbage can and broom to indicate raking leaves. I had a table with a carved pumpkin and a grown pumpkin set up as a pumpkin carving. I had a rustic crate with a few pumpkins on the ground to indicate pumpkin gathering. Plus other fall decorations. All clothing items were in the tags needed and had plenty past the minimum needed. I don't know what's up with the algorithm or if it's just that people are only voting on backgrounds or what. I'm just glad there was nothing in the premium shop this week that I wanted. I don't like the frosty fortress, nor the item set. I already have the icy wings and I don't like Merlin's summer outfit.

New challenge is pirate themed. I wore all pirate clothing I could even eyepatch. I had pirate Donald and the pirate bird with me. I had an idea to put that little boat from premium shop on the blue charter rug, but you can only put it in the water unfortunately, so I couldn't use it. I used the other pirate items I had. It got foggy right before I took my photo. I thought that made for a better backdrop, so I took the pic then. Hopefully I will get at least 2500 moonstones for it. I decided I didn't like my pirate picture, so I did a similar one near sunset so the sun brightens the pic a bit since the switch kinda washes pics out sometimes.

I got 900 for my frightfully festive dreamsnaps. I was hoping to get at least 1200 moonstones, but at least my score/rank improved from last week. I totally meant to put a Christmas tree in my build, but completely forgot. Maybe that would have boosted my score a bit, I don't know. Anyway, I haven't done one for the bedroom challenge yet. I plan to do that one today. I bought the mushroom cottage, but haven't placed it yet. I think I may move the carousel somewhere else and put the mushroom cottage there, but I'm not sure yet. I didn't purchase anything else in the shop. The shirts are kind of bland and I don't at all care for most of that furniture. The furniture last week I wish was sold in separate pieces cause I really only like the teal wardrobe.

I got 900 moonstones again (pirate theme). Score went up, but rank went down. Weird. After I submitted the bedroom one, I noticed the rug looked off center, but it's just the camera angle. I had two beds in the room and the rug was between them both, but couldn't get both beds in the frame and get all the other stuff I wanted in the photo. I also noticed that for some reason, the red shield/crest ended up way lower on the wall than I thought I had placed it lol. I forgot to redo it though, so it is what it is. There was nothing in the shop that I wanted/needed this week. I had some things and wasn't interested in others. I'm only going to buy the green pirate outfit if sometime I have a lot of moonstones. I only have around nine thousand something now, so I'm saving up. Hopefully we will get the new star path in the second or third week of November, but it may not be until December.

For trick or treat dress up, I'm a little frustrated that one of the extra tags was Halloween because I had no clothing in that category. I think you only have those if you played during last year's Halloween star path, which I didn't. I only got the game last December or this January. Thankfully it was only a suggested tag, not required one. Since we can't hold bags, I put a candy bucket at my character's feet. I had to use a filter because my photo looked a little washed out (I think it's due to limitations with the switch).

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

The game is NOT going free to play after all, which I'm okay with considering how their other Disney game went when it became free to play. There's going to be a livestream Wednesday by developers on YouTube, twitch and Facebook where they will discuss all upcoming stuff for the game. But, they showed some sneak peeks. The next free update appears that it will have Jack Skellington as a character, at least I hope that's why he was shown. Also, there's a paid expansion that will be thirty dollars. It will be another area with its own biomes and critters. It showed three characters we already knew were coming to the game. I'm not sure if they will only be able to be in the new (paid) area or it they will be able to come to our regular valley. We may learn more on that on Wednesday's live stream. It seems like the DLC is going to sort of be like the happy home paradise DLC in animal crossing new horizons.

Someone said it appeared that there was a version of Scrooge's shop in this new "valley" that you get with the paid expansion. If that's the case, maybe there they could sell items from old Star Paths. I just really, really want those raven wings more than anything. Maybe they don't even have to be the exact items from old star paths, but separate color (or style, material, whatever) variations (that way those who did those star paths won't feel cheated). I personally wouldn't care if the raven wings were blue, white or black instead of purple. I just want some in that style because they look like angel wings.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:35 am

I got 2500 moonstones for my trick-or-treat dreamsnaps. I'm happy with that. I really do not understand the scoring and ranking and all. My score only went up ten points from last week when I got 900 moonstones. I know there's 1200 and 1500 moonstone rewards in between 900 and 2500. So, only a ten point difference in scoring seems strange to me, but it's okay. I'm happy with 2500 after getting below a thousand so many times. I hope my something wicked entry does well. Mine was Ursula themed, but she wasn't in the photo because she was sleeping when I made my snap.

I'm not at all confident in my entry for Wall-e's garden. There just wasn't a lot you could do unique wise with that. You can't just wear an overall outfit and be able to get more than the required number of tags. I wore the boot plant shirt in green since it fit the theme. But the rest of the clothing was just there to get more than four of the two tags required (plus the hat) and to get some from the suggested tags. Hopefully I will at least get 900 moonstones for it. I do not anticipate it getting more than that honestly.

(Edit) my Ursula dream snap got 4000 moonstones. My score was 80.80 and rank was three thousand something. I'm very pleasantly surprised that it got that high. It's my second highest rank. I'm hoping after seeing some of the Wall-E garden dream snaps that mine will do okay. Most of the ones I've seen while voting have been pretty simple just like mine, so that is hopefully promising. I haven't really seen any that were too extravagant or anything, at least not yet. As for the new challenge (camping), given the example game loft showed, I figured a lot of people would be doing Buzz's RV. I went a different direction and I hope it goes well. We don't have tents in this game like in ACNH, so I had to improvise and make do with what we do have. Unfortunately, I forgot to fill the foreground and I am too tired to redo it lol.

(Edit): I got 2500 for my Wall-E's Garden dreamsnap. I'm pleasantly surprised I got that many moonstones. I didn't buy anything in the shop because Eric's boat was the only thing I didn't have. I don't know if I will ever buy it to be honest. I really don't like having to place houses in the water. Although, I could place it in the big pond in the plateau possibly. That could eliminate that fishing spot that is so hard to fish in lol. I wish it didn't have to be in the water so I could put it by his castle in the forest though. Next challenge is Mickey/Minnie themed. I did a room and had one side Minnie's and the other side Mickey's. I had Minnie with me. The middle looked too empty so I used an arch to fill the space. Hopefully I will get at least 1500-2500 for it. I didn't use the Minnie dress like a lot of people did. I had a Mickey shirt, the Minnie Jean jacket and jean pants on. And one of ears with a bow.

Jack is supposed to appear in the forgotten lands in the new update. I'm hoping he will come from the treehouse (unless he just appears out of thin air or something) because I don't want to have to move any of my builds lol. I hope he has really good items for his friendship rewards and not as many motifs as other characters. I don't use TOM because I've seen other players have trouble doing a dream snap outside if they have a touch of magic item anywhere outside even if it's not in the picture. It's not worth the hassle honestly. Anyway, I'm ridiculously excited for Jack coming to the game. I hope they add the This is Halloween tune to the radio items in the game and the What's this song. I don't think either is currently on them. I hope we get Sally soon too. Hopefully it won't take as long for Jack to get his girl as it's taking for Donald to get his girl in the valley. I hope it will be easy to find out the file size of the expansion on the switch pre-purchase. I need to know if I need to put in the microcard to increase storage before downloading/installing the expansion or if I can do it later. So far, I haven't seen anything in the switch news feed (on the system itself) regarding the expansion, not even a pre-order option like there was for ACNH's DLC or for Miitopia. Hopefully there will be something on there soon, doing a search on there is a pain lol.

(Edit): I got 1200 moonstones for my camping dreamsnap, which honestly surprised me. I thought I'd get less. For the next challenge, they put up dreamers unite again. I did something different this time than last time. I only got 600 or 900 moonstones last time. Hopefully I will do better this time around. I just hope they don't repeat all the challenges now lol. I really wish there was an option in the premium shop to buy bundle items separately. I like the teal wardrobe, but do not like the clock or sink. I want the palace, but I will get it at a later date. With the update being next Tuesday (which is weird since it's always been on Wednesdays), I want to save some moonstones for the star path and a potential character bundle if there is one. We are supposed to get 2500 moonstones on Monday for founders bonus since the game will be out of early access on Tuesday. I couldn't find any info on the expansion's file size for the switch when I googled it today. I hope I have enough storage on the switch without putting in a microcard first. If not, I may have to wait until after Christmas to get the expansion so I can get a card with 200+ gig on it.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:49 pm

That new fairy house is gorgeous. I bought that right away. I also bought the Christmas bundle. I'm glad they added the carousel from the Christmas town in nightmare before Christmas. For some reason though, mine is broken. It lights up, but doesn't spin. Maybe it's a temporary glitch and will work later, I don't know. If it doesn't get fixed, it's not that big a deal. I'm not crazy about the two new overall outfits at all. I will probably never wear them, but hey, they were free. I'll have to remember to try out the capybara pet tomorrow. In the excitement for Jack, I forgot all about it lol.

I LOVE Jack! He's so cute when he thinks he's helping, but he just messes up. I've got him to level 4 I think so far. The pumpkin throne we have to craft for him is super cute! And I love that his house is so skinny and doesn't take up a lot of room. I wonder if his tree can be moved. If so, it's going right beside his house. His house was cheap too, only 5000 gold coins. Scrooge gave us a deal on that lol. The potion puzzle was fun. I thought at first it was going to be based on colors alone and wasn't sure what to do... Because green or yellow could be considered opposite colors. I just knew it couldn't be blue since blue is a color you use to get purple. But, thankfully each potion had a description, so it was easy to figure out from that.

I don't know if I will ever use the multi-player thing. The pixel shards and what they're used to craft just don't interest me, honestly. I'm going to try to get the expansion before the twelfth, but right now I just want to play Jack's stuff and the star path. I wish the moonstone chests stayed only in the main valley though so you didn't have to search both islands to find it. (Edited: I don't mind if the moonstone chest is in ancient landing, but I don't like it being in wild tangle or glittering dunes. Those two biomes have way too many nooks and crannies and the box can easily be missed and takes longer to find.)

Edited to add (Wednesday dec 6): they finally fixed the glitch where the last green bottle wasn't spawning, because I finally found it in the glade today. So I have the rainbow fox now, yay! I got 1500 for my Haus of mouse entry, which is fair. The new dream snap challenge is a denim related one.

Edited (Friday dec 8): I bought the expansion today. I had enough gold coins to get two dollars and some change off the price (which basically means I only had to pay thirty cents for the tax, I guess). I've unlocked Remy's restaurant and goofy's stall. Still need more materials for Scrooge's shop. I unlocked Eve and the hourglass. I figured out the recipe for popcorn through a little trial and error. I used butter first, but it's canola. Didn't figure out the cotton candy recipe, but after googling it, I think I need agave which I can't get yet. I watched someone doing the Cave of Wonders puzzle and I hate that puzzle. It seems too complicated for this game IMO. I bookmarked a walk through for it though, so when I get to that point, I'm going to follow it to a tee lol.

I played Mickey at scramble coin. I lost the first time, but won the second time. I unlocked the Flynn game piece. I hope they make Prince Eric and Jack Skellington game pieces at some point. The scramblecoin game sounds do not play every time for me, there's just the regular game music. It's weird, but at least it plays. I found the gray monkey and fed him his favorite (banana split). I already had close to four thousand mist I think before I even unlocked the hour glass. I removed every one of the splinters of fate (they are pretty though) that I saw lol. I planted new crops and did other mist duties.

I wish at the end of Jack's last quest that we got to keep a candy skull, veggie animal and a book for decoration. It's funny how the only character happy with Jack's surprise was Minnie lol. I got the blue capybara yesterday. It's definitely the cutest one of the ones in the biomes. The Rapunzel one we got for free is pretty cute too. I found and fed the pink and blue snakes. I hope both are there today too so I can collect them. I'm not sure if I will use any in my dream snaps though. I thought they were going to creep me out because real ones do, but the ones in the game (just like the snakes here) are actually cute lol. I'm not crazy about the poses my DDV character does with the cobra companions though. Kissing the snake just seems like an odd choice to me haha. Speaking of companion poses, the one for the capy where your character is pointing at it looks very weird to me. I do like the one where you're petting it though. The monkey poses are very cute.

That new royal outfit that we got for buying the expansion in the first week is really cute. I also really love the backpack that Jack gives you for one of his friendship rewards. I crafted the ancient door, which is cool, but I wish we could buy or craft all the other doors. There are many I still haven't gotten and they never appear in the shop. Speaking of the shop, I finally got the colorful surfboards yesterday. The first good item in the shop in a while. Lately most of the new items I've gotten in shop have been generic furniture like couches, cabinets, etc. I'm still missing rock rug, window to Paris (and several other windows), photo booth, golden bathtub, water pump and many other cool items. I crafted the ancient fountain and that thing is really cool.

I want that building from Cars, but I haven't gotten my hourglass to level three yet. I keep using the mist to unlock the new biomes and forget about upgrading the hourglass lol. I saw a desert build someone did using that building, tower of terror and Eve's ship. It was really cool and made me think of the desert planet on Star Wars Tattooine (not sure about the spelling). I've not gotten Gaston yet. I've only done the first meal quest thing for him so far. I'm leaving him for the very last because I really dread doing the cave of wonders light puzzle. I'm definitely going to follow that guide for it because I heard if you do the wrong things, it can mess you up and you won't be able to progress with Gaston. I'm hoping I can do his quests out of order lol. I want to be able to open the meat stand so I can get all the new recipes. I did all of them besides the meat ones and the one using both starfish because I didn't have a second pink one. By the way, it's weird that it has poultry, pork and venison but no beef. I think the pork and poultry are pretty odd choices given that we have Pua and Donald in the game. I wonder if they will ever add Clarabelle. If they do, there will be three characters with Belle in their names lol.

Edited (12-13): I got 1500 moonstones for my dreamers unite dream snap. Much improved on my first dreamers unite one which only got 900 moonstones. I bought the tinker belle wings and Christmas train. So glad the train moves because my Christmas carousel is bugged and won't move. It makes that womp sound like it's starting up, but it doesn't spin like it's supposed to. I even took it up and put it back in my inventory and then tried it in Eternity Isle. I don't know why it won't move. Anyway, I didn't buy the tool skin set. The only one I really like is the watering can. The rest are too busy or the placement of the roses looks weird to me. Well, I guess the phone skin is okay, but when do we ever see our phones? I mean, we only see it in our hands, we don't really see the background picture, so it seems kind of pointless to me to have a skin for it. But, I wish they'd let us purchase the tool skins separately too so I could get only the ones I like. Maybe the watering can one could be three to five hundred moonstones by itself or something like that. Plus, when you own more than one tool skin, on the tool wheel it has a number by each tool. That to me will be almost as annoying as when the red dot on the collections menu won't go away lol. The tool sets are pretty pricey too. They're going to have to make some with a Doctor Strange theme (the orange circle when you find something with the hourglass looks like Doctor Strange's portal lol), light saber theme or I don't know unicorns on it to get me to purchase the skins lol. Like I said, water can looks good, but not good enough to justify spending 3750 moonstones.

The new challenge is under the sea. I already had a pool room started, so I just put some furniture around that fit the theme. My rainbow fox followed me inside my house which was cool. I tried to switch to a sea turtle, but the companion tab won't appear when you're inside. I could have gone out and changed it to a sea turtle, but there really is no guarantee that the sea turtle would appear in the house. I'm sure this is a bug they will eventually patch out. Why can't we have them inside though? Plenty of people have inside pets lol. Unless they did change it to where the pets could come in and the companion tab not working in the house is the bug. That pool takes up a lot of room though. I had to take stuff up after the picture just so I could get out of the house haha.

Speaking of bugs, I was in the restaurant the other day and Eric was at one table and Fairy godmother at the next table. I gave another character their order and when I closed out the dialogue for them, fairy godmother was sitting in Eric's lap :lol: I took a screenshot. I'll have to try to post it sometime if I remember to. I guess I'll have to send it to my phone using the QR code cause I don't think this old tablet can do that.

Edited 12-20: I got 4000 moonstones for my jean dreams entry. New challenge is holiday themed. I had Jack in his Santa outfit and set up a "picture with Santa" scene. I tried to get Jack to sit in the gingerbread chair, but he would not cooperate lol. Hopefully it will still score well.

In case anyone has not seen the news, if you have the things crafted from the multiplayer pixel shards, get them out of your inventory/storage and place them on the floor in a room in your player house. If you accidentally craft with them, they will drain all of your items used in the crafting recipe. For example if you need to craft something that uses dream light, like a chest and you don't have any wood or not enough of it, it will use the pixel bag to fill in for that item and then it drains all or most of your dream light, wood and whatever else the recipe calls for. It's a very bad bug that the developers are currently investigating. They said a fix will come early next year. Most likely it's either so bad it will take that long to fix or they will be out of the office for the holidays, maybe a combo of both.

I bought the candy cane set and the wings. Not buying the winter castle now. It's too pricy for me with my current moonstone total. I don't like how the "icicles" look. They don't look like icicles to me, but like streaks of glow in the dark paint or something. The firework effect is also a bit underwhelming to me for the price since they're only the one color. Since it's the exact same as the regular premium castle skin with just a winter theme, they should have bundled them together like they did the haunted mansions. I'm not really interested in the Art Deco tv right now either.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:49 am

I only got 1200 for my under the sea dreamsnaps. I bought the reindeer and donut ears. I already had the buildings. I hate that Rapunzel's quests are tied to progression in Gaston's quests. I haven't really had the time to do the cave of wonders puzzle yet. Maybe I can Thursday, I don't know. I hope my Christmas dream snaps does well. I don't know how well my day at Disney one will do. I had enough clothing tags, but I just did a very simple background because I didn't really have any ideas or the time to do anything too elaborate. Well, I had one idea, but could not find the items that would work for it lol.

I only got 1200 for the holiday dreamsnaps. I think it was better than that, but it probably got paired against something amazing cause there were a lot of amazing ones. I bought everything in the shop except the backpacks. I'm not a fan of them at all, so I likely never will purchase them. I'm not expecting to get much at all for my day at Disney dream snaps. It's very simple, maybe a little too simple. I love my entry for the toy box one though, so I hope it does well.

I got about what I expected for my day at Disney dreamsnap: 900 moonstones. I'm hoping my toy box one gets at least 4000, but if it doesn't I'm going to blame it on dreamsnaps being a little broken this week. When I was voting, the same pictures kept coming up, sometimes even the same two pictures together again. A lot of others on YouTube I saw voting were experiencing the same issue. The new challenge is a winter theme. I wore the gray winter outfit from the star path and took the pic in frosted heights. I used the igloo, the winter arch and bench, zircon tiles, cloud, the mini snow castle and balloons. I had Kristoff with me. I had to get Beast and Godmother out of the way and play the board game with buzz to get him to leave. Mickey showed up in his platinum outfit, so I let him stay. I wish he had sat on the bench though. I wanted to try again for a better picture, but Moana showed up as I was about to take the photo again, so I just kept the first submitted one lol. I couldn't get Kristoff to look at the camera unfortunately, but hopefully the photo will still do well. The only new thing in the premium shop was the royal jacket set for 1200 moonstones, so I bought it. I have finished Rapunzel and Gaston's quests now (finished Eve's a while ago). Since jafar briefly showed up in person, the hologram stations are not activated anymore. I don't know if that is for good or if after the update we will have to communicate with him again that way.

I got 1500 moonstones for my toy box dream snap. I think I could have gotten more if the voting hadn't been screwy the first couple of days. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to level 9 yet, so I didn't get the extra four thousand moonstones. So, I only bought the cozy wanderer set. I don't care for the Arendelle set, the watermelon croc, the backpacks or the umbrellas. If I'd gotten to level 9 of dream snaps, I would have gotten one of the two houses, but I'd rather not spend too many moonstones right now. I spent the same amount I got for my dreamsnap, which means basically I got the wanderer set free. So in the end, I've only got fifty extra moonstones than I would have on a regular day (fifty from the voting). I'm lucky to have gotten 1500 for my dreamsnap because a lot of people ended up getting 900 due to the messed up voting for the first few days. It wasn't just repeats, it was that practically everyone was seeing the same twenty or so pictures over and over. Some were calling for all players to get some extra moonstones in compensation. Personally, I'd settle for a few extra pixel dust to get closer to level 9, but I don't think it will happen. At least they fixed it seemingly after day two or so. Maybe they were too busy trying to fix the pixel shard dream light glitch to address the voting one publicly, I don't know. Anyway, new theme is Arendelle showcase. I just decorated a room. It's not great, but I didn't feel like going back to my main valley to do a setup in Frosted Heights. That biome is pretty filled already and I don't want to take apart my builds there.

Edited jan 24th: I haven't been on the game yet, so I don't know my results this week. I did watch some videos to see what the new shop items are and challenge is. Whelp, I won't be buying anything in the premium shop this week. The only new item is gift bag accessories. You hold them like you do the umbrellas. I don't understand the point of these items since you can't even use them in dreamsnaps. I have the winter decoration items and I have no interest in the tool skins. And why is there only one page this time when last week had two? And three out of four items are repeats of very recent items from last month. They should have repeated older items instead IMO. Oh well, saves me moonstones, I guess.

People are saying they got robbed in the dreamsnaps. The ones I saw, they were amazing photos, but the majority of them were wearing dresses which is difficult in outfit challenges due to less tags. At least that's my guess. I didn't wear a dress in mine I don't think, so hopefully I get at least 1500. I'm not that confident though lol. Edit: yep, got 1500 moonstones, which is fair. I finally reached level nine in dream snaps and got the extra 4000 moonstones, so that's nice. Oh and they sent some people some dream light. I never lost any, but still got some. I think it's because I crafted some large chests around that time. Anyway, hopefully it helps those who lost all or most of theirs due to that pixel bag glitch.

This week's new theme is sports savy. Not really feeling this theme to be honest. I think I might do like a race car driving theme if that applies with the tags and all. I don't know.

1-31-24: I got 4000 moonstones and rank 5000 something for my Arendelle dream snaps. Still only one page in the premium shop, but I bought the gingerbread bunny and the space/time duo (jacket and watch). New dream snaps is space themed. I decorated a room and had Eve and the ancient robot companion with me. I used the Ancient door (from the timebending table) since I don't have the Toy Story or Walle themed doors yet. Hopefully it does well.

Glimmer is so hard to get since you can only get it from realms. I wish that was all you got from realms. I sometimes only get mist, which is frustrating since you can get that everywhere else. I wish they'd either make it easier to get glimmer other than realms, or make it where realms only give glimmer. I've crafted all the fragment items except for the vase and the tapestry though.

I finally got the water pump in Scrooge's shop today. I also got the green turquoise dining chair I've been looking for forever, so that was good.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:03 pm

I have bumped into an issue today. On eternity isle, the area with the evergems, one of those rocks with the yellow flowers on it spawned right in front of the mining rock to the left of the stairs. I am unable to dig it up like I normally would be able to. I can still mine the mining rock, but I don't want the light gray rock staying there. I moved any nearby furniture in case that was the issue, but it didn't help. It acts the same way the dig spots in the main valley act if they spawn on top of a rug. When I move the rug, I can dig up the dream/night shard.... But this fix does not work with this rock because obviously I cannot move it or the mining rock. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of it? I wish the vacuums worked to remove the rocks like it does the blue green shards. I also tried the trick people use to remove garden dig spots (putting rugs on top of them), this also did not work as I was unable to put a rug or couch over the spiral rock. This is really frustrating. Just to add: I've had ice rocks, stumps, etc to spawn right in front of mining rocks in the main valley in the past and have never had issues removing them, so I don't know why I can't move this one spiral rock.
(Edit:2-13-24): I saw a post someone made online somewhere (while watching a video that was reviewing DDV posts) and someone else had this same issue. Someone replied to them and said you have to go under the stairs and dig the rock from there. It looks so weird cause the animation teleports you to the top lol. Anyway, it did work and the rock is now gone. Just so it doesn't happen again, I put some trellis there lol.

Edit 2-7: only got 900 on the sports dream snaps. I honestly wasn't expecting more than 1500, but I think it should have been at least 1200 judging by some I saw that ended up getting in the top ten ranking. Maybe the problem was that I forgot to stop hanging out with Gaston so he was in the pic and a lot of people dislike him almost as much as Maui. I wasn't really feeling the theme anyway. I'm not a very sports person lol. There were two pages in the premium shop again. If I'd gotten at least 2500 moonstones, I would have bought something, but since I got so little, I didn't. I prefer to end up having a little more moonstones than I had the previous day. Anything I would have bought would have put me at less moonstones than yesterday. There wasn't really anything I wanted too badly anyway. I want to save up as much as I can this close to the update. I thought I was going to have another issue today. When I found my blue chest and clicked on, it first said I had already claimed my prize today and to come back tomorrow. But, I tried opening it again and it worked correctly. I don't know if my internet was having issues or the game's servers, but it scared me for a sec lol.

The new dream snap theme is freestyle, which I'm not really happy for. I had absolutely no idea what to do lol. It said wear your favorite outfit, but I couldn't. My favorites are dresses or one piece outfits and in outfit challenges, wearing dresses or one piece outfits is not a good idea because it reduces your number of tags which can result in lower scores/ranking and less moonstones. So I wore clothes that just fit the tags and made sure I had more than required. I set up a pretty scene and had one of my favorite villagers with me. Hopefully it gets a decent amount of moonstones, but I'm not really that confident with it. [Edit: 2-22-24: I was shocked to not only get 4000 moonstones for my freestyle submission, but to get in top two thousand rank ( rank was 1922). The beach house was back in the premium shop, but it's not something I need right now and I want to save as many moonstones as possible since update is next week. I only bought the three shirts for one thousand moonstones. I'm not that fond of the wanderer kitchen set and I don't see myself making another kitchen anytime soon either since I did for a past dreamsnap, so I passed on that bundle. And I'm not paying one thousand moonstones for the plant beard and moustache. I'll never use them and it would be a waste I think. If it was three or four hundred moonstones, I'd probably get it just to have it, but it's too pricey for something I won't use. I already had everything else in the shop (there were two pages again). New challenge is Savanna style (aka lion king inspired). I had Nala with me and just set up a pretty scene in the dunes. It was raining in my valley, but I put some light posts all around, so hopefully the picture looks lit up a lot. I have noticed on the switch, if I take a screenshot, it looks clearer than after I submit it and screenshot it from the challenge page (where it lets you review your entry). For some reason submitting it diminishes the quality of the picture a bit (it's less sharp for example). My tags were 9/3 and 10/3, so hopefully that helps my score and the diminished sharpness doesn't affect it badly. That part is out of my control and is an issue with the console itself.]

Edit 2-14-24: whelp, I thought my space entry was good, but I only got 900 moonstones . My score was on 45.17 which is lower than I've done since the 1920s theme (or whatever that was called). I think the reason is that I used several of the same item not realizing that it only counts them as one. New theme is Minnie's festival of hearts. I did a room scene to look like a wedding. I had to use different seats to get my tags up, but they aren't visible in the picture. I'm not sure how it will do. I mean I had 17/4 and 26/5 on the required tags and I also had quite a few for the suggested tags. Btw, I noticed flooring and wallpaper do not count in the tag count, which is weird since they come up under tags when you search by a tag category. Also, I don't know how, but the game somehow gave me five extra moonstones. I guess it was a glitch, but hey, good glitch lol. I had 25020 before voting (and after spending the 1200 on the posters in premium shop) and after voting I had 25075 instead of 25070. After finding my daily box, I was at 25125. So, somehow the voting gave me 55 instead of 50.

It looks like they are finally bringing doors back to the Scrooge shop in the next update (which will hopefully be next week) thankfully. There are still a truckload of doors I don't have yet. Hopefully they will release some new ones too. Also looks like we are getting a hairstyle like Ceila's from Monsters Inc.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:38 pm

I got 1500 moonstones on my Minnie festival of hearts dream snaps, but my score was seventy something, so that's good. The new dreamsnap is villain lair. I changed my skin green and did a wicked witch of the west inspired one. I had a monkey companion of course. Still haven't seen any doors in Scrooge shop despite them saying they'd be back in Scrooge shop now.{edit 3-4-24: got the Access door from the Wall-e collection in the shop today.} Love the shop expansion. I finally got the photo booth. Now if I could only find rock rug.

Since I put contacts on my character, it will no longer let me wear eye makeup. I can't seem to figure out how to make my eyes normal again, I can only wear contacts now. I think it's bugged. Thankfully the armor doesn't make the clang noise it did in the teaser for it. I bought everything in premium shop except the tool skins. I also got the new dream bundle (no quests with this one). I had twenty-eight thousand moonstones before update, now I'm at seventeen thousand lol. I got mike and Sully up to level six. I think I have two more quests for each of them left to do.

The star path turtle is beautiful. I love the floating lanterns too. I loved the power line puzzle thing in the new realm. It was fun and pretty easy. As long as the puzzles are like this and the floor puzzle in cave of wonders, I don't mind them. I hated the other cave of wonders puzzle though (the mirror laser thing), it was annoying. No more like that one and more like the other two I mentioned please. So far the game hasn't lagged anymore when I'm harvesting veggies from wall e's garden, so it seems they fixed that. Glad they added the option to turn off scramble coin quests from players. I didn't think I was going to disable it until Rapunzel kept getting right up against me (kind of in my way of casting correctly) while I was fishing for the star path duty. I was like, "girl, personal space please," lol.

3-4-24: I had a weird map bug today. I was trying to find Nala to talk to her for the star path duty. It said she was in her home, but when I went in only Simba was there. I finally found her walking into plaza though. (Edit 3-6-24: map bug happened today with Olaf. Had to go into his house twice before he appeared outside of it.) Yesterday, I had two bugs. For a second I was unable to get the "let's hang out" tag to appear for Moana, but a few minutes later, it was back to normal. And then when fishing, the herring I caught wouldn't go off my screen until I exited the game and opened it back up. I saw a lot of villain dream snaps (YouTube vids) that did wicked witch of the west, so I wasn't the only one lol. My nbc carousel works now, yay!

3-6-24: I got 4000 moonstones on my Savanna dreamsnap. Rank was 5926 or something like that, so not bad. I bought everything in the premium shop today. I finally got the rock rug in scrooge's shop! Also got a frozen related spring tapestry and the gold rock square thing. So, it was a good day in DDV today. Now I need the show your strength test item, whirl bath and golden bathtub and any doors and windows I don't have. I got the white gothic rose wheel window yesterday. I've now gotten every star path item aside from the two character skins. New dream snap theme is outfit version of critter love basically. I used the new pink castle, fox backpack and pink love bird as well as the new heart shirt and jacket from the star path and one of the new hairstyles. Didn't use the heart contacts since I was wearing sunglasses. I like the end result. I put down pathing in front of the house, flowers, lights, bushes, etc. Hopefully it will do well in voting.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MinniHowl » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:48 pm

I’ve barely stared, but I enjoy it a lot. Currently away for 3 weeks tho, so not playing atm.

★★★★
Forever new, bear with me.
I want one copy of every pet on this site!
★★★★

Image Image
Image Image

Join the Discord server!
MinniHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me