Disney Dreamlight Valley

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Disney Dreamlight Valley

Postby Andromeda » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:34 pm

I am quite obsessed with this game and know I'm not the only one haha Let's talk about it!
Feel free to share your photos and stories, chat about the game and its bugs (there's some funny ones!), and of course, please feel comfortable asking for tips, advice, or help with anything<3

Optional Tasks
✶ Post a picture of your avatar
✶ Share a tip or several
✶ Share some of your favorite in-game screenshots
✶ Who's your favorite character?
✶ Who are you hoping to see introduced next!
Helpful Tips
-------
Last edited by Andromeda on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Disney Dreamlight Valley

Postby Andromeda » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:43 pm

Here's my character c:
I'm really in love with the customization options as well as the clothing choices!!
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:08 pm

This game looks so fun. I want to get it, but I will probably have to wait till Christmas. I bought Ooblets before I knew the beta of this one was out. I also only have a switch, so I was kind of waiting until all the bugs were worked out lol.

My favorite characters so far are the Frozen ones, Goofy and Wall e. I'm hoping they will add Marvel eventually, especially Dr. strange. Would love to see a conversation between Strange and Merlin lol. Hopefully they will also add baby Yoda, Chewbacca, R2 and Ewoks. They should add Daisy and Pluto though.

I have questions though before I get the game. Since I only plan to play on the Switch, do I have to have a game loft /cloud account? If I purchase one of the founder packs, will I lose it if I don't make one of those accounts?
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Can someone please help me? I just got the game tonight and I cannot figure out the fishing mechanism. It says hit A when the circle turns green, but I can't get it to turn green at all. It's going to stink if I paid fifty something bucks (ultimate founders pack at thirty percent off) for this and I can't even fish. I got a piece of seaweed, but just one. I can't even get another seaweed, let alone a fish. Why did they make the fishing thing so difficult?

The controls are kind of clunky on the switch as it is. I got frustrated, but couldn't try anymore to figure out the fishing because my battery was low. It took three hours to download, which drained the battery some, so I only got to play long enough to find all the tools.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:13 pm

So you've gotta toss your fishing line into areas of the water where you see bubbles! Once a fish bites, a circle will shrink around it and you hit A when you see little exclamation points :)
──-───────────
She/Her
I love cyan and space and narrative video games

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────────────

Chat with me about literally anything..
Life is Strange 2, COD, Smite, AC, Mass Effect
DC > Marvel

───────────────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
My Stables
Kibbins
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:37 am

Exclamation point? Okay, thank you. I will look for that. :)

Edit: I finally got it. Turns out my timing was off when I was clicking A. I was clicking a second too soon lol. Before my energy depleted so quickly that I couldn't really try much. Now I'm at level 6, I think. I got Goofy's stall, Scrooge's store and Remy.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:33 pm

I love the purple glowy "evil" squirrel companion. It's so cool looking.

I just noticed Daisy's likeness on the front of Donald's boat. I wonder if that will be the key to unlocking her in a future update.

Edited to add: Prince Eric is broken after the update. Whenever I ask to hang out with him, he says okay, but then says bye and doesn't join me. I tried it multiple times. Some people in comments on a YouTube video were having the same issue. It's weird that the issue is only with his character. So, I guess I will have to get him to max level the more tedious way, by spamming him with gifts like I did with Ursula lol.

I'm almost done with the star path. I just have to craft the balloon arch. I need ten more of two types of flowers for it, then I should be able to craft it. I kind of wish they'd give us seeds for the flowers since we have to use a lot of any one type/color for various items. I normally don't pick up flowers unless I need them to gift villagers, feed birds or for crafting/quests. Maybe I should clean out all biomes of flowers everyday and make a chest just for them lol. I only got to do the last star path for one day, briefly, so I only got a couple of things from it. I hope they re-release the items from the Villian star path. I really want those raven wings (they are probably the closest to angel wings that we will get in the game).

I've gotten all of the sea turtles now. I only need one more raccoon (blue), sunbird (orchid), raven (brown), squirrel (white) and one more bunny (calico) I think, might be two bunnies, I'm not sure. I need two more crocs. I've only gotten the black fox so far. I've fed all the others but I guess not twice in a row lol.
Last edited by SupernaturalJem on Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:20 pm

Just came across a weird glitch in the game. All my well fast travel points disappeared from the map except for the main one in the Plaza (and the castle's realm one still showed on the map). When I walked to the biomes, the wells were still there, they just didn't show up on the map itself. Anyone else had this happen before? I hope it is working correctly tomorrow. It worked fine yesterday, so I don't know what the issue is suddenly.

Edited: glitch was temporary, cleared next day lol.

Edited April 2nd: new update is Wednesday. The rides being added are likely cosmetic only. It would be cool though if there was a feature where we could ask a villager to go on the rides with us. Kind of how on ACNH Paradise Designer (or whatever it's called lol) when K.K. is there DJing, you can ask some of the NPCs to go dancing.
Last edited by SupernaturalJem on Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:44 pm

I found fifteen of the sixteen green bottles in the first two days of the new update, but ever since, I've been looking for the last one and it's not showing up at all. I've watched three different videos on where to look and looked in all of those locations every day since then and it's not appearing. I think the second day when I was trying to find it, my game crashed and when I went back into it, I think that caused the bug where the last bottle isn't appearing.

I'm not purchasing the Wall e bundle. I don't care for the look of the wall e skin or those clothing items for the player character. You don't really get anything from it that makes it worth it to spend 4000 moonstones. I also will not be purchasing the new Scrooge skin because I don't really like it either. If it was in the star path, I would purchase it and just never use it (like the safari Donald and stealth Buzz ones), but I'm not spending 2500 moonstones on something I will never equip. Same goes for the tool skins, I don't care for the look of them and I also heard they are glitched a bit. The plant facial hair is also something I will never wear and for me, a thousand moonstones is too much for it. If it was only two hundred, I might buy it even if I'd never use it, but I just can't justify spending a thousand on it for it to never be used.

If it comes back, I will buy the dark castle skin to make a haunted house in forgotten lands. The regular castle one is fine, but just is too similar in color to the dream castle. The cottage one is cute, but not really the look I want for my in-game house and maybe someday if I get a idea for it, I may buy it, but not now (same for apartment building). The new sweet house is cute and I will get it and make it a Christmas house or something. I've got my house on the light purple two story house skin. I do wish we could choose the color of the door though. That shade of green does not go with it lol.

I like the new citrus turtle, but 2000 moonstones for one pet is absurd. The glowing pet sets weren't much more than that (or maybe even less, I can't remember) and there were several of them (I only bought the first set). I'm not even going to bother buying umbrella skins because I probably won't use them.

I'm really hoping the mention of an upcoming update having a competition with in game prizes is going to be a chance to win moonstones and/or premium shop items as well as past star path items. I missed the first few star paths and there are a few items I'd like from them lol. As for the new teased biomes coming, someone mentioned that when the player is talking to the Forgotten, there's hints as to what those could be. The Forgotten says something about how they used to pretend as a child that they were playing in the sandbox (so a desert biome, which makes sense with the Jafar tease in the after credit scene of act one), the jungle and galaxy. For the galaxy one, I'm really hoping that will include Star Wars and Marvel.

And they need to add Daisy Duck like yesterday! Donald needs his girlfriend. Mickey has his, so why not Donald. Maybe that's why he's having all these tantrums haha.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Vanellope's last friendship quest has probably been my favorite so far in the whole game. Doing paths on the switch is not easy. I just did as much as was required for one of her first quests. I had some blank spaces in between pieces of path, so I just covered them with red rugs lol. It's easier than adding more paths.

Still can't find my last green bottle, so I guess I will never get the rainbow fox. Oh well. I think I might make a potion room at some point and just put the bottles and the other potions (minus green of course) on a table in that room or something.

For my first Dreamsnap, I was going to the dream castle to pose near it and Elsa happened to be nearby. So, my photo idea was meeting up with the BFF to take a pic before entering the ballroom. I've seen lots of prom pictures in that style. It took a bit to be able to vote due to it being buggy. I wanted to vote more times, but since it was so buggy, I only did it enough times to get the fifty moonstones. I didn't really have much of an idea for the new beach challenge, so I just put random stuff on the beach lol. Hopefully we will get a challenge in the future that I will be able to design something better for. I don't have any of the surfboards yet, so I couldn't do one with them unfortunately.

Edit: well, they gave us free surfboards after I submitted my entry and I wasn't gonna redo it either, so I just left it as is. For challenge one, I got 900 moonstones. Hopefully the beach one will score a little more. For the third challenge, I still didn't have much of an idea. I just threw on whatever brown and green clothing I had and set up a simple, but nice backdrop with items. Hopefully people like it. I really hope challenge four will be something more in my wheelhouse. I'm hoping for a spooky themed challenge soon.

I bought the sweet house and decorated around it with the candy path, Christmas tree, presents, snow family, lollipops and candy cane trees. I put flooring and wallpapers in the main room, but haven't done much more yet. I started the game late, so I missed some of the Christmas items in that star path.

SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me