Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: worst book ever

Postby hannur » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:09 pm

'Love, Audrey' was an awful book. Unoriginal storyline, boring plot and everything was too mediocre.
hannur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby irusan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 am

Kapheus.

OH BOY WHERE DO I BEGIN

We were forced to read this book a while back in school and it literally put me off of reading for a month.

The plot is unoriginal, the characters are bland, and it's written terribly as a whole. It's not sold outside of Ireland, so most people would have a tough time getting their hands on it, which is a good thing. May no one else have to suffer this train wreak of a book.
felicity | any prns | cs+0
personal archive ♦︎ rentry
average revue starlight enjoyer. i love everything cute!

irusan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am

Raikki wrote:Oh my there's a lot of bad books out there
Due to how incredibly over rated it is, I have the say that the warrior series was a dissapointment. Characters aren't wry well designed, and it just became something the authors were in to make money it seems.
Heck lionblaze literally can't get hurt that's like the definition of a Gary Stu.
Like honestly I just can't anymore.

I loved the first 6, liked the next 6 a lot, and then it went kinda downhill. That's when the cats started to get powers and whatnot that just really didn't fit with the feel of the first 12 books. Definitely seemed dragged on just to sell books.

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fifth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 pm

angrily.brusk.howls wrote:
Due to how incredibly over rated it is, I have the say that the warrior series was a dissapointment. Characters aren't wry well designed, and it just became something the authors were in to make money it seems.
Heck lionblaze literally can't get hurt that's like the definition of a Gary Stu.

I loved the first 6, liked the next 6 a lot, and then it went kinda downhill. That's when the cats started to get powers and whatnot that just really didn't fit with the feel of the first 12 books. Definitely seemed dragged on just to sell books.

So many of the characters are Gary Stus/Mary Sues, and I can't get over that fact even if the plotline was good. I really enjoyed reading the first series as well, but the next books felt boring and repetitive. A lot of the characters seemed really similar to me.
ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ
────────────────────────────────
ʜᴇʏ﹐ ɪ·ᴍ ғɪғᴛʜ﹐ sᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ᴋɪᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴ ᴄs. ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ʏᴇʟʟᴏᴡ ɪs ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ɴᴇᴀᴛ﹐ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴀʟsᴏ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ ᴀ
ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ. ғᴇᴇʟ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ᴍᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ·ʀᴇ ʙᴏʀᴇᴅ﹗☄
────────────────────────────────
ᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs / ᴀsᴇxᴜᴀʟ / ₁₃﹣₁₈
ᴛʀᴜᴇ ɴᴇᴜᴛʀᴀʟ / ɪɴᴛᴊ
ғʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ / ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ᴍᴇ / ᴄᴀʙʙᴀɢᴇ sᴀʟᴀᴅ
fifth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clawdina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 am

fifth wrote:
angrily.brusk.howls wrote:

So many of the characters are Gary Stus/Mary Sues, and I can't get over that fact even if the plotline was good. I really enjoyed reading the first series as well, but the next books felt boring and repetitive. A lot of the characters seemed really similar to me.

I can definitely agree with this after starting the second series and losing interest quickly. That's why i started reading the bigger ones about just one cat like Mothflight's vision and Crookedstar's promise.

Probably the worst book I have read is the Hunger Games.
I hated it so much. Katniss is a very weak character whos emotions fling around too much and she can't decide on anything. If it had been in any other person's suggestions, I might have liked it more because she would not have been the prominent character.
My favorite part was the epilogue in the 3rd book.

she/her | ace ♠️
Need to vent?
Want help?
My PMs are open!
Looking for Art
Barn + Stables
Clawdina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby relientcola » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:25 am

I didnt like the 7th or 8th book of Guardians of GaHoole. Now this is partially because i was 11 when i started reading the series and so haven grown since then i became pickier with books. Im not a fan of adult or teen books because i prefer the subject and more whimsical feel of children books. Its hard to find books like, say, Harry Potter, that arent specifically targeted at children. All ages can read and enjoy it. But i didnt give up on Guardians of GaHoole because i still enjoyed the basic ideas and i adore owls. But the two books i mentioned before were particularly bad in my opinion. Up to that point the main character was Soren. Sure he was a little cliche but enjoyable. These two books however switched to the perspective of his over the top goody two shoes, incredibly modest and innocent, sad back story and raised by evil nephew. He was such a mary sue it was painful. The transition to this new character was painfully rushed and because the author had already built the series surrounding different characters she rushed the nephews story in order to get back to the main plot. By the end of the eighth book we switched back to the main plot to find that the main characters have had significant changes and growth in their lives with no buildup. Half of these developements made no sense. I was so stunnex i stopped reading the series for a year. Recently i read the ninth and tenth books and enjoyed them so there does seem to be hope for recovery
relientcola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ProjectIcarus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:29 am

Ok so Dear Mr. Henshaw is dreadfully dull. The entire book is just a big collection of letters. We had to read it in elementary school and it was 3 weeks of absolute torture.
----------☆--☆--☆----------
Not too active on here anymore, but I still check in from time to time!
^ Click for artist's shop!
----------☆--☆--☆----------

She/they • artist
My Flight RisingInstagramArtfightToyHouse
ProjectIcarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaprasLazuli » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Well, then I am surprised reading other people's posts about Hatchet. I thought I was the only one who disliked it.
Guess you learn something new every day. I disliked it because the ending was just so bland and they could have done more with it.

~ •°*”˜.•Summer! •°*”˜.• ~

LaprasLazuli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoseOscietra » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:46 pm

I did not like Hunger Games books. I try to read it but it was not to my liking at all.
RoseOscietra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby relientcola » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 pm

LaprasLazuli wrote:Well, then I am surprised reading other people's posts about Hatchet. I thought I was the only one who disliked it.
Guess you learn something new every day. I disliked it because the ending was just so bland and they could have done more with it.

somebody read hatchet to me when i was around 8 and i enjoyed it but it scared me. later on when i was in sixth grade i was forced to read it for school and was really disappointed. As you said the ending was off, and the book was like a vague summary of a more complex story. My problem was the it felt like the author was aiming for a book for kids but the content was for an older audience. the content was too mature for kids and not well written/not developed enough to be an adult or teen novel
relientcola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me