The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby Tammanae » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:27 am

Chry wrote:Guys you don't HAVE to re-install.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tu ... lling.html

Re-installing is silly when the only thing you need to do is just get a new game folder, and the game will generate one for you. I do this ALL the time, saves me a lot of hassle and fixes a lot of problems with custom content. You DO NOT have to re-install every single one of your sims games!

I've never had to reinsitall my games myself, but this is very useful information to have. ouod After having installed all of my expansions and whatnots to my new computer, having to reinstall has become a recurring nightmare whenever I play Sims. XD
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby F.Nova » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Chry wrote:Guys you don't HAVE to re-install.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tu ... lling.html

Re-installing is silly when the only thing you need to do is just get a new game folder, and the game will generate one for you. I do this ALL the time, saves me a lot of hassle and fixes a lot of problems with custom content. You DO NOT have to re-install every single one of your sims games!

Well darn, too late =P
I will have to use this information next time
F.Nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zero ❍ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 am

I have a glitch in my sims university that's really really bugging me. Here is my problem:

When I click on my teenager sim, it pulls up the tab. How long does your sim want to be in University, simesters, what classes, ext. Well, I click on everything I want and my sim travels to Unvisersity. Trouble is, when I get to the University, something pops up that says you have completed all of your classes and will return home. He just got there and it bothers me because when I wait to go home, it never takes him home. PLEASE help, this is so frustrating.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sub-Zero is the name
Mortal Kombat’s the game.
INTJ // Aries // Ambivert //
❝ Prepare to be shattered! ❞
I’ve a rather
cold disposition

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
Slytherin
Gamer
Writer
Animal Lover
Dragon Age
Crime Shows
Dragon RPs
Animations

Zero ❍

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Cyfox wrote:
I have a glitch in my sims university that's really really bugging me. Here is my problem:

When I click on my teenager sim, it pulls up the tab. How long does your sim want to be in University, simesters, what classes, ext. Well, I click on everything I want and my sim travels to Unvisersity. Trouble is, when I get to the University, something pops up that says you have completed all of your classes and will return home. He just got there and it bothers me because when I wait to go home, it never takes him home. PLEASE help, this is so frustrating.

It might have to do with the fact that you are sending a teenager to university? University is supposed to only be available for Young Adults and up, meaning to say that the fact that you are sending a teenager is in itself the glitch? Or are you using a mod to enable the sending of a teenager to university?
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby violet.mp3 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:16 pm

I play the sims 4!
violet.mp3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zero ❍ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Tammanae wrote:
Cyfox wrote:

It might have to do with the fact that you are sending a teenager to university? University is supposed to only be available for Young Adults and up, meaning to say that the fact that you are sending a teenager is in itself the glitch? Or are you using a mod to enable the sending of a teenager to university?

No, I don't use any mod for University. And I mean young adult. Yeah, it was a bit while back and I stopped doing University.

I ended up reloading the game and retrying to enter him in University, same thing happens.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sub-Zero is the name
I’ve a rather
cold disposition

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
Slytherin
Gamer
Writer
Animal Lover
Dragon Age
Crime Shows
Dragon RPs
Animations

Zero ❍

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:23 am

Cyfox wrote:
Tammanae wrote:
Cyfox wrote:

No, I don't use any mod for University. And I mean young adult. Yeah, it was a bit while back and I stopped doing University.

I ended up reloading the game and retrying to enter him in University, same thing happens.

Understandable. XD To be honest, most I know about University is either via my partner, who loves sending his Sims to University, and by what I have read, as I have not actually played the expansion myself despite having it installed. When you say you reuploaded the game, do you mean the same save file, or did you restart the file under a new game with the same family? If the first, maybe you could try making a quick test family and trying to send that sim to university to see if it works, and that way rule out if it is a problem with that particular save game or the game in its entirety?
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zero ❍ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 am

Tammanae wrote:
Understandable. XD To be honest, most I know about University is either via my partner, who loves sending his Sims to University, and by what I have read, as I have not actually played the expansion myself despite having it installed. When you say you reuploaded the game, do you mean the same save file, or did you restart the file under a new game with the same family? If the first, maybe you could try making a quick test family and trying to send that sim to university to see if it works, and that way rule out if it is a problem with that particular save game or the game in its entirety?

I reloaded the game, to the last save point which was way before he went to University. Then I asked him again to go to University, same thing. I went back to the save point a few more times but nothing. University just glitches out and never sends him back home.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sub-Zero is the name
I’ve a rather
cold disposition

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
Slytherin
Gamer
Writer
Animal Lover
Dragon Age
Crime Shows
Dragon RPs
Animations

Zero ❍

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am

Cyfox wrote:
Tammanae wrote:

I reloaded the game, to the last save point which was way before he went to University. Then I asked him again to go to University, same thing. I went back to the save point a few more times but nothing. University just glitches out and never sends him back home.

So the same save file then? Has this happened with another family before or is this the first family you have had glitch wen sending to University?
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zero ❍ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Yeah but I haven't tried any other family because of the glitch. It just bothered me. :/ I'll try a new family and tell you how it goes, maybe the glitch only happened with that one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sub-Zero is the name
I’ve a rather
cold disposition

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
Slytherin
Gamer
Writer