Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Marvel: Upcoming/Released Movies + More

Postby lithigos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 am

Speaking of superheroes, my bro and I were also talking about a new Incredibles 2 movie. Director Brad Bird refused to start writing it until he had a good idea, and he apparently has it now. There are so many different elements that could make this a really really good movie.
Plus: I have also heard that Marvel was possibly planning a Guardians + Avengers... I cannot wait for the future. If they ever get Spider-man in on the Avengers, I can just imagine Peter meeting Peter:
"Peter!"
"Yes?"
"Yes?"
σρєи уσυя єуєѕ, αи∂ fєєℓ αℓινє.
ѕρяєα∂ уσυя ωιиgѕ, αи∂ тαкє fℓιgнт

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr SoundCloud
I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 am

Aaaaaaah gotg is so good I really liked it we are groot
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartleafed » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:05 am

ah hello friends
I just went to see GOTG yesterday(? I don't know I never actually went to sleep last night I've lost track of time so bad) and it was so great. I even got my sister who doesn't like Marvel at all to admit she likes Groot (but I mean really who doesn't?)

but yeah I've seen all of the newer released movies, and I'm even (slowly) working my way through reading the Cap comics
Marvel has officially consumed my life but I have no complaints so far
Image{ mars ` he ` toyhou.se }
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 am

I gotta say, AOU has an awful lot to live up to. So far each Phase 2 movie has been better than the last, and it's gonna take a lot to beat gotg

I hope it's not Remender Cap you're reading though my friend, bc recent cap is pretty terrible.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Russmond » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 am

Ah, marvel. I've always had a habit of watching their movies as a filler between new episodes of TV shows. Recently, though, I've allowed myself to sink further. It's been both wonderful and tragic to my fandom-addled brain.

I haven't seen gotg yet but I plan to. Heard a lot of good opinions about it? My fave so far has been TWS. I really enjoyed the main arc, the snarky dialogue, the way it managed to make characters not only assets of SHIELD but expand on them, give them personalities unrelated to their job. (Firmly standing by the belief that Natasha is, truly, an adorable dork at heart.) It's not something which the Avengers, for instance, managed to explore very well since they had so much EVERYTHING to focus on.

Still, the journey's been fun so far. I hope that will last.
Currently planning to read the Hawkeye comics.
Russmond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lithigos » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:40 am

Hey, everybody!
If you're looking for a good movie review website, I recommend Plugged In. I go here to read about most PG-13 movies before watching them, since I know my parents wouldn't want me to see something that not age appropriate. It gives people information about content on all platforms. I suggest (especially if you're COPPA) that you take a look around (with a parent if you're COPPA), maybe read a movie review. I find them very helpful.
Plugged In covers these subjects:
Positive elements, spiritual content, sexual content, violent content, language, drug and alcohol content, [other] negative elements, and the overall Conclusion. It also gives a movie rating (i.e. GOTG received 3/5 plugs), as well as "content caution", which shows the ages that would be the most approved for viewing.
I read the review for GOTG, and my parents think it's okay, so I'm going to see it tonight in 2D with my buddies. (My friend is seeing it for the 3rd time!)
(And by the way, I am not COPPA.)
σρєи уσυя єуєѕ, αи∂ fєєℓ αℓινє.
ѕρяєα∂ уσυя ωιиgѕ, αи∂ тαкє fℓιgнт

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr SoundCloud
I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amithethird » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 am

I really want to go see GotG. I've heard so many good things about it.

On another note, I don't know if you can tell but I'm kind of obsessed with CA:TWS right now. That movie was SO GOOD and it's torture to have to wait for it to come out of DVD. (WHHHHYYYYYYYYYY) I really love how they fleshed out Black Widow and made her a bit dorky, more snarky, and over all just more real. I was also REALLY happy that they didn't try to force a romance with her a Steve (because preview pictures of filming had me worried.) I love how she's like his wingman and I just really love their friendship. BrOTP right there.

Call me Third or Ami
I just graduated from tech school with a Hello Jon. Apologies for the deception, but I wanted to make sure you started reading so I thought it best not to announce myself-.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:48 am

Ngl tws was so good for breaking the dumb fandom tropes of old man Steve. You know what I'm really happy with? They didn't make Sharon his girlfriend in the same movie, and let her be her own character, albeit with lots of flirting, which doesn't mean that much bc Steve flirted with everyone in that movie.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amithethird » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Wolvine wrote:Ngl tws was so good for breaking the dumb fandom tropes of old man Steve. You know what I'm really happy with? They didn't make Sharon his girlfriend in the same movie, and let her be her own character, albeit with lots of flirting, which doesn't mean that much bc Steve flirted with everyone in that movie.

I totally agree. I love the fact that there's no romantic subplot. I LOVE good movies with no romantic subplot. Because it always feels forced, you know? And there are more important things going on than romance. The jokes about it are fine and they're fun comic relief, but they don't devote tons of screen time to people working out their relationship drama. I really liked how they did that.

Call me Third or Ami
I just graduated from tech school with a Hello Jon. Apologies for the deception, but I wanted to make sure you started reading so I thought it best not to announce myself-.
amithethird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 pm

exactly! and it's why i'm not really looking forward to aou, because joss whedon seems so absolutely love relationship drama. like, i came to the cinema to see chris evans in a tight outfit and superheros being dorks and beating people up, not iron man and captain america yelling at each other for 30 minutes thanks. gotg was great for that, because though they did all progress as characters and develop their relationships, it wasnt at the cost of things exploding, which is why everyone loves superhero movies.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me