Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 am

Ooh yeah. I'm going to get it when it comes out on disc - it'll provide me with entertainment for years to come.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major 👁
    - RWC - trades - - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apochrypha » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Question: do you think Taika Waititi added anything to or removed anything from the movie? Like... was there anything that stood out to anyone as not being usual in a Marvel movie? I'm curious, partly because I'm not familiar enough with Marvel yet to notice, and partly because I've seen a decent amount of Taika's work already, so his stuff is familiar to me :p
I feel like this question is phrased really awkwardly help i'm tired lol
Was there a different flavour to it, is what I'm really meaning... I think XD And did it work, or did it not iyo?

I just got back from watching the movie, which I absolutely loved and I logged on just to see if anybody else was talking about it tbh, and it was noticeably different from a lot of other Marvel movies I've watched (especially the other Thor movies, which were super serious). I loved how Ragnarok was much more comedic even in light of the fact that it deals with so many heavy subjects. I also just loved Korg and Miek even though they were pretty minor characters.

izzy » she/they »
pokefarm q // flight rising

apochrypha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Am I the only one who knows Tony's full name is Anthony Stark?
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm

Woogwoo Wren wrote:Am I the only one who knows Tony's full name is Anthony Stark?
I do now, and the knowledge has broken my brain. XD:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MimiCheems » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:04 am

Who's seen Thor: Ragnarok? Is it worth seeing? :0
I'm a huge Marvel fan, but my little brother who went to go see it with his friends, spoiled it all for me... before I could even see it! Is it still worth seeing even after my brother spoiled it? Is it as good as Civil War? (I LOVED Civil War. Bucky Barnes- my hUSBAND >v< )

The thing that kinda upset me was that Thor chopped off all his luscious locks ( I don't think this is considered a spoiler, due to the fact that you can literally see him with that haircut in the trailers and such...), and I love Thor's hair so much... ;v; I was like-- no not my baby ;~;

I was a huge fan of Thor before I started becoming infatuated with Captain America and Bucky... To be honest, Bucky is my all time favorite Marvel character, and I will never EVER stop loving him for as long as I live... >v>
But... Thor had my heart first, which is why I'm so excited about seeing Ragnarok... but my little brother spoiled it for me ;~;
Is it still worth the watch? :0
┌───────────────┐

mimi ♡ she/they ♡ bi
hi! i'm mimi. i love marvel, anime,
and pokemon! if these interest you,
feel free to send a pm!

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
MimiCheems

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:51 am

Woogwoo Wren wrote:Am I the only one who knows Tony's full name is Anthony Stark?

Nope.
ⓢⓔⓞⓚⓙⓘⓝ wrote:
I'm a huge Marvel fan, but my little brother who went to go see it with his friends, spoiled it all for me... before I could even see it! Is it still worth seeing even after my brother spoiled it? Is it as good as Civil War? (I LOVED Civil War. Bucky Barnes- my hUSBAND >v< )

The thing that kinda upset me was that Thor chopped off all his luscious locks ( I don't think this is considered a spoiler, due to the fact that you can literally see him with that haircut in the trailers and such...), and I love Thor's hair so much... ;v; I was like-- no not my baby ;~;

I was a huge fan of Thor before I started becoming infatuated with Captain America and Bucky... To be honest, Bucky is my all time favorite Marvel character, and I will never EVER stop loving him for as long as I live... >v>
But... Thor had my heart first, which is why I'm so excited about seeing Ragnarok... but my little brother spoiled it for me ;~;

Reccomended!!!!!! DEFINITELY GO SEE IT!!!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major 👁
    - RWC - trades - - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 pm

вυcĸy wrote:

Go watch it. It is totally worth it even if it was spoiled. I mean, what Marvel movie isn't reallY?
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apochrypha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:56 pm

I mean, that's pretty obvious, but I'm still uncomfortable xD

вυcĸy wrote:

Definitely go anyway!! Even if you know what happens already, that doesn't replace the experience of seeing it for yourself.

izzy » she/they »
pokefarm q // flight rising

apochrypha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

вυcĸy wrote:

One little thing you've said has me thinking he didn't quite tell you everything ;) I'd say definitely go see it! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 pm

вυcĸy wrote:

Also, just want to add, if you haven't seen it yet - it is a comedy. In that respect, is isn't as good as Civil war since Civil Was has a lot more emotions. But it is well worth seeing. :)

So I after watching First Avenger and Winter Soldier again I wanted to write a scene in which Steve visits Peggy for the first time. I did, and it's really bad, but Imma share it (and maybe get some feedback.) Bare in mind, this is mostly random word filler because I'm doing a writing challenge and I want to keep my word count up. So it's bad.

Steve had faced Nazis, aliens, enhanced humans and weapons powered by a thing from the gods and yet opening this one door seemed like too much to do hard a task.
He stood in front of the door, his conversation with Tony coming back to mind.
“You knew Peggy Carter?”

“Yes. We were… close,” Steve said. Still exhausted after the battle of New York, they were waiting for extraction, near the Shawarma shop. The rest of the Avengers sat nearby. Loki was glaring at them from where he sat next to Thor – someone had kindly given him some Shawarma, which he obviously couldn’t eat with his mouth guard. He contented himself by glaring at everyone.
“My father talked about her a lot.”

Steve nodded, a faint smile covering his weary face as he remembered his ‘fondue’ slipup.
“She’s still alive, you know?” Tony’s words caught Steve off guard and he turned to face his friend.

“She’s alive?”

He had thought that Peggy had died long ago – like all the rest of the things he could remember about his world. It was strange, thinking she was still alive – a link to his life. Something that seemed to ground him. He had found himself thrown into a strange world with nothing similar – he was lucky enough to have found Howard’s son. But Peggy still being alive made him realise that he was still in the same world – that he had only travelled to the future, not to a whole new planet.
Tony was nodding.

“She’s in a hospital in DC. I still visit her occasionally. She thinks I’m Howard half the time.”
Those words shook Steve – Peggy would be in her nineties now. Who knows how much she had changed.
“I’ll visit her,” he said quietly.

“You should,” Tony said. Then their attention was taken by the SHIELD quinjet, set to pick them up.

Steve stood in front of the door now, a hand on the handle, trying to bring up the courage to turn it. Finally, he took a deep breath and pushed the door open.
The room inside was small, much like the modern equivalent of the room he had woken up in in New York. A bed in one corner, window, television instead of radio.
His attention was caught up by the television for a second – they were just beginning to make an appearance before he went under, black and white bulky things. Now they were in colour and almost flat to the wall. He watched for a second, as the screen showed events he had seen a thousand times over the last few days – events he had lived through.
Then he saw the old woman, sitting in a bundle of blankets on the armchair by the window, watching the screen. It took Steve a second to realise that that woman was supposed to be Peggy Carter.
She looked up with a face, old, frail and wrinkled – but obviously Peggy – and a mixture of surprised shock crossed her face.
“Steve?” she gasped.

He smiled, fighting down his emotions – emotions spawned from seeing Peggy – his brave, fearless, and dare he say it, pretty Peggy – so frail.
“They told me you were alive and then I saw it on the TV. You came back.” Tears were welling up in her eyes and Steve had to sit down on the edge of the bed. He felt almost as frail and old as she looked seeing her like this.
“Of course I came back – I still owe you a dance,” he said, reaching across to clasp her hand. Her hands were old, worn with years of hard work and scars. Steve’s soldier hands felt soft compared to her warrior hands.
“You’re late,” she said, gripping his hand. The grip was weak – Steve barely felt it. Once he could have held her hands without fear – except perhaps of a slap – but now he was afraid he would crush her.
Her words brought a lump to his throat and he nodded.
“I’m sorry, Peggy.”
“You came back.” She smiled, reaching out a hand to touch his face. “And look at you – you haven’t aged a day.”
Steve found himself wishing that he had – that he had aged with Peggy. Even that he had died when the plane crashed. Perhaps it would have been better than seeing the world change so much – than seeing Peggy age without him.
There was a long silence, neither of them really knowing what to say. Steve’s eyes were drawn back to the screen – he still struggled to wrap his head around it.
“Is that Howard?” Peggy asked, as the screen showed a shot of Tony.
“No, his son Tony,” Steve answered. Peggy nodded.
“I remember when he was born,” she said quietly. Steve didn’t say anything, another reminder of how the world had moved without him. “How is Howard – I haven’t seen him for a while.”
Steve opened his mouth to answer, but couldn’t bring himself to deliver the news that she had undoubtedly heard before.
“He’s… busy,” he hedged. Peggy nodded.
“He always is. Tell him he needs to visit more.” She shook her head, turning back to face Steve. “Is it really you?”
“It’s really me, Peggy.”
There was another long silence. After a few minutes, Steve realised she was starting to doze off. He stood up quietly and moved to the door.
“Steve,” she called after him. He turned back. “You visit again.”
“Of course I will,” Steve answered.
He leaned against the wall outside, burying his head in a hand. He wasn’t sure she would even recognise him when he next visited.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

Woogwoo Wren