░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail // Haunted House TD (latest game!)

Postby AuraDragoness » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:25 pm

So Rainbowtail is free right? Whenever I go to install it it asks to verify payment info.
🐦 ♥ Rest in peace my sweet little Rainbow ♥ 🐦
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:33 pm

AuraDragoness wrote:So Rainbowtail is free right? Whenever I go to install it it asks to verify payment info.

that should be because it contains in-app purchases, the app itself is free!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuraDragoness » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 am

sketchi wrote:
AuraDragoness wrote:So Rainbowtail is free right? Whenever I go to install it it asks to verify payment info.

that should be because it contains in-app purchases, the app itself is free!

Ah, cool, thanks for clarifying^^

EDIT: So I launched the game but have no sound or music, i hit allow on the alerts thing, did that do something? (again, I am on an ipad) ALso, the first level of the rainbow castle froze on me
🐦 ♥ Rest in peace my sweet little Rainbow ♥ 🐦
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ░▒▓▌Minidragon Games (iOS/Android▐▓▒░ NEW» Social Story

Postby sketchi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 pm

we're regretfully pausing production on Rainbowtail as the device-incompatibility bug is too deep to fix at this time. we simply took too long to write the game, implemented/un-implemented too many new ideas all over the place, and had to rewrite from iOS > Android (nowadays, all games can be written cross-platform from the start, so we wasted a lot of time simply by starting before the right tools were available). ONE DAY, I would love to revive Rainbowtail as it will always hold a dear place in my heart, we put a lot of our time into developing it and I've come to really like this world. One day, one day...

moving on, this thread will be used to document all future game releases, and I hope you guys will still try them and give your feedback, as that's vitally important to us! we've come a long way in the past few years but still have lots more to go.

fresh off the coding machine, introducing Social Story~

Social Story - Pop your Stress!
Bubble popping with emotions

Welcome to a tiny pixel world, where huge drama is going on in the phone of every person! Type the correct emoji to unlock new messages, and read along their secret text messages. Find out more about nail-biting stories such as what Dan would do if you broke up with him!

100 little stories to read! Perfect for the secret drama voyeur in all of us.

TIP: if you guys have funny chat logs, submit them to me and it just might end up in the next update!

ImageImage

just a fun minigame, 100 levels, pop emojis to read pixel people's text messages. :) would love to include some stories from the nice people here, so if you have any funny ones let me know!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogian » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 pm

sketchi wrote:we're regretfully pausing production on Rainbowtail as the device-incompatibility bug is too deep to fix at this time. we simply took too long to write the game, implemented/un-implemented too many new ideas all over the place, and had to rewrite from iOS > Android (nowadays, all games can be written cross-platform from the start, so we wasted a lot of time simply by starting before the right tools were available). ONE DAY, I would love to revive Rainbowtail as it will always hold a dear place in my heart, we put a lot of our time into developing it and I've come to really like this world. One day, one day...

moving on, this thread will be used to document all future game releases, and I hope you guys will still try them and give your feedback, as that's vitally important to us! we've come a long way in the past few years but still have lots more to go.

Oh goodness, it's pretty sad to hear that and I hope you guys should have some luck for other games.. but I'd like to know is there some reason you guys had to pause the development of a whole RT other than fatal technical issue mentioned in quote if possible.

Finally, thanks for providing the game since it is pretty rare to find a well-done evolving monster game but a few of them including RT that charmed me so much since RT advertised in the CS forum announcement!
▼Please click to care them!▼
ImageImage
ImageImage
Have a good & nice day!
Dogian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Dogian wrote:Oh goodness, it's pretty sad to hear that and I hope you guys should have some luck for other games.. but I'd like to know is there some reason you guys had to pause the development of a whole RT other than fatal technical issue mentioned in quote if possible.

Finally, thanks for providing the game since it is pretty rare to find a well-done evolving monster game but a few of them including RT that charmed me so much since RT advertised in the CS forum announcement!

other reasons? well, main one is it's not sustainable for the amount of users we had; we were competing with the biggest companies in terms of genre and quality (art-heavy, expensive servers, constant balance revisions based on user feedback), but without the marketing budget. we tried to make it work anyway, for years, but it's time to move on. at least for now.

it's more likely in the shorter term that we revive Rainbowtail in another app (with simpler mechanics), than to fix the bugs in the older engine.
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NovaSkye » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:48 am

I really hope things work out for you, sketchi! I personally had to stop playing due to little bugs but I really enjoyed playing it while I did.
I hope that one day RT can be brought back and I know you and your team will make it better than ever!

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to play Social Story yet or not, as it's hard for me to play multiple games. (AC: Pocket Camp being my main right now). However I do enjoy that style of game and may find myself installing it once the new year hits ^^
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wikkedphobias » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:21 pm

mark
Status - Non Active, won't be posting here anymore. Saving this page just for the nostalgia and memories.

ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE CHECK OUT THIS ABSOLUTE BEAN <3 <3 !!!
Wikkedphobias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:17 pm

NovaSkye wrote:I really hope things work out for you, sketchi! I personally had to stop playing due to little bugs but I really enjoyed playing it while I did.
I hope that one day RT can be brought back and I know you and your team will make it better than ever!

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to play Social Story yet or not, as it's hard for me to play multiple games. (AC: Pocket Camp being my main right now). However I do enjoy that style of game and may find myself installing it once the new year hits ^^

thanks for the words of encouragement! we really wish to make it work too, didn't even finish telling the final battle story... >0<

ahh I've been wanting to play AC: Pocket Camp, but it's not available in HK last time I checked. will definitely play it once it's out around here! loved all the DS versions. ^^
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:23 pm

O wow

I wish I could download them haha