Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Least favorite book

Postby Dama » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:52 am

chevreuil wrote:
    Lord of the Flies by William Golding.

0/10, still traumatized.

Yes. Just reading this post actually gave me the shivers. It's been years since I've read this book, but even the very mention of its name takes me back to English lessons at school. The entire class would always leave the room just a little bit more traumatized than when they went in lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:57 am

Dama wrote:
chevreuil wrote:
    Lord of the Flies by William Golding.

0/10, still traumatized.

Yes. Just reading this post actually gave me the shivers. It's been years since I've read this book, but even the very mention of its name takes me back to English lessons at school. The entire class would always leave the room just a little bit more traumatized than when they went in lol

I was way too young to be introduced to that world when the book was the subject of a whole exam somewhere in middle school. You can probably imagine how much I just loved analyzing that absolute nightmare, and I can still vividly remember ranting to a friend about how William Golding must have been a sick, sick man. : ' D
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nettlefeatherr » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:39 am

i really really disliked the great gatsby
i originally just was curious and wanted to read it because i really enjoy classic literature. but i just could not get through it - i'd get distracted when i tried and i just... could not understand what was going on. i kept getting lost. i didnt like fitzgerald's writing style either, so unfortunately its my least favorite :c
i might try to read it again sometime since i still own the book.. but not yet.
rogue / felix - any pronouns - carrd
hey! i cant promise i'm up for chatting much atm,
but dont be afraid to say hi. just a heads up,
I'm pretty shy and awfully forgetful haha;;
i can be quite blunt at times as well, sorry about that.
ImageImageImage
nettlefeatherr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imbion » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:12 pm

magical.boy wrote:
i really really disliked the great gatsby
i originally just was curious and wanted to read it because i really enjoy classic literature. but i just could not get through it - i'd get distracted when i tried and i just... could not understand what was going on. i kept getting lost. i didnt like fitzgerald's writing style either, so unfortunately its my least favorite :c
i might try to read it again sometime since i still own the book.. but not yet.

Oh yes, I definitely agree. We had to read it for my literature class. It was so boring for the most part. I understood what was happening, and it just made me bored. It's kind of the typical "We live in a society where the elite are careless" story. I understand the context around when it was written perfectly, but that does not make it any less boring.
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ɪs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ғɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ.
Do not give up, my friend.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bored artist and writer. A complete nerd for lore.
Probably quite tired at the moment.
artspam | ???

Imbion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby applepi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:55 am

Doglover879015 wrote:
Minaethiel wrote:
yennefer wrote:
      oh my god, listen
      there are not many books that i have absolutely refused to finish: only 2, in fact.
      the first is zoo, by james patterson simply because i do not like his style whatsoever
      & the grapes of wrath by John Steinbeck
      I will take 1984. I will take Handmaid's Tale. I will take Huckleberry flippin' Finn
      but I will not.
      Finish.
      The grapes of Wrath.

Definitely never ever bother. Grapes of Wrath was drier than the entire dust bowl. I went into it thinking that it would be a fascinating look into history. Nope. It was boring, the themes of the book were poorly conveyed, and the ending was completely baffling. I hated almost every second of that book

I had to read it all the way through for a class, thankfully I don't really remember it.

wow I feel like I’m the only person here who loves that book lol, but I’m a sucker for those stereotypical school books like tkam, the outsiders, treasure island, great gatsby ect.

But a book (or series I guess) I don’t think I’ll ever finish is the throne of glass series. I tried getting through the first book but it’s so boring and I hate the way the author writes. Instead of time skipping or changing setting after a chapter is finished, like most books, the next chapter picks up right where the last chapter left off. It felt like it was moving so slow that I put it down after like 5 chaps. Which kinda hurts since I got the entire box set including a pretty cool poster on sale :’^)
i⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒
・・・・・・・goodreadstrans4mice・・・・・・・
・・・・・❀maro✿dumb bisexual❀scorpio✿・・・・・
»»-——————--——————-««
»»-——————--——————-««
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶
applepi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeriwinklePeacock » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:20 am

ACOTAR.

I used to be really into it, but then I decided to reread, and...
Like Feyruh just asks basic questions like "who are you" and you get like eight pages of random backstory that really doesn't apply. The events throughout the books feel random and exposition just doesn't flow naturally.

It has a really cool concept idea, but the execution is very bland and uninteresting
ImageImageImageImageImage
PeriwinklePeacock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffehPinkX » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:03 am

I might get some hate for this but I really don’t like the guardians of gahoole series. IMO it was just a messy slog to drag myself through.

On the topic of bird books, I have to say that SkyTalons by Sophie Torro far surpasses guardians, and even warrior cats in my opinion. SkyTalons is a really underrated gem that needs more love. Highly recommend checking SkyTalons out.
PLEASE CLICK THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
FluffehPinkX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScruffyAlexHS » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Maximum Ride.

I just didn't like it. Max felt like a mary sue to me.

xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

𝙇𝙚𝙩 𝙐𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚

Scruffy - She/Her
Joker is my son

[size=200]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ScruffyAlexHS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Mark

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenstag Mechanisms » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am

The Killing Eve books. Which is weird cause I love the TV series. But Villanelle is completely boring in the books, admittedly she is closer to what an actual psychopath would be but it just robs her of any personality whatsoever. She’s basically just a robot. Also, it completely lacks the wit the show has, which just leaves it feeling edgy and boring rather than fun and engaging. Usually I’m a big supporter of the book is always better, but it definitely isn’t in this case. (Although, to be completely transparent, I’ve only read the first one. I couldn’t make it past that, despite how short they are)
Good times never last. Time to say bye. Boom.

Hannibal, Haunting of Bly Manor, This Is How You Lose The Time War, Horror, Writing, Arcane, Pathologic, Borderlands, The Mechanisms, Genshin, SVSSS, Avatar of the Ceaseless Watcher.

Gay. She/Her.

Ravenstag Mechanisms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me