░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail - 2.8.4 ~bug fixes

Postby sketchi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:35 pm

tawnycatz wrote:Since the phone was updated, I've been able to play levels! Hooray! However, I can no longer access the daily calendar. Although I have an internet connection, it says that I don't and therefore I cannot access it. Just letting you know in case others are having this issue.

ahhhhhhh you are RIGHT! we were so busy with other stuff we forgot about updating the calendar! that will get fixed today as soon as we can. xD;;; gosh thanks for the reminder!

_Shiny_Sylveon_ wrote:Ummm hi, in the next update can we make it so we can pick our starter? I dont wanna sound like im "Ripping off of Pokémon" but when the google play version is released i would love to pick the fire one.

we'll make it so you can eventually catch the other starters too, so don't worry too much about which one you end up with! though you could always just keep resetting the game until you get the starter you want...
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barb_ » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Thanks Tawnycatz! I had that same problem yesterday with the calendar. I was really annoyed to miss a calendar day.
Thanks Sketchi for acknowledging this and letting us know you are working on that bug.

sketchi wrote:
tawnycatz wrote:Since the phone was updated, I've been able to play levels! Hooray! However, I can no longer access the daily calendar. Although I have an internet connection, it says that I don't and therefore I cannot access it. Just letting you know in case others are having this issue.

ahhhhhhh you are RIGHT! we were so busy with other stuff we forgot about updating the calendar! that will get fixed today as soon as we can. xD;;; gosh thanks for the reminder!

_Shiny_Sylveon_ wrote:Ummm hi, in the next update can we make it so we can pick our starter? I dont wanna sound like im "Ripping off of Pokémon" but when the google play version is released i would love to pick the fire one.

we'll make it so you can eventually catch the other starters too, so don't worry too much about which one you end up with! though you could always just keep resetting the game until you get the starter you want...
Barb_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KogasBabyGirl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:57 am

Any updates on when to expect on android? No rush I know you guys are busy... bit just miss this game now that I have a android

╒═══════════════════╕
If you need anyone to talk to feel free
to message me. Im here to listen!
C$ shop | ArtFight | My Ocs | Rares 4 Art
╘═══════════════════╛
KogasBabyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadie~Bronson~252 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Having a huge issue with my game and I honestly want to cry.

I'm one star away from having every single star. ONE. I have many, many gemlings fully evolved. Life is good.

BUT

The phone I play on just broke. I have to wipe it. I also have an iPod that I will be transferring to until I get a new phone. Rainbowtail is connected to my facebook and used to be synced across the two devices. Since one of the updates, not sure which one, I've been disconnected from facebook on both devices. on my phone I still have all my levels and such, but on the ipod I'm locked back at the first world. When I try to connect it just says that I've already connected to facbook, then goes back to the rainbowtail home screen and asks me to connect to facebook to save my progress. Trying to reinstall it on the iPod but it doesn't want to download things atm.

Is there a fix for this that I'm missing? So frustrating to lose everything just because my phone decided to disconnect and then stop working entirely. I'm okay with being set back a week because I played on while my phone wasn't connected, but losing a year and a half of progress is heartbreaking.
Why do I
j u s t i f y
what you did
wrong
to me?

horse pictures

We've been through
much together,
you and I
and I just
wanted to say
I'm sorry it ended
like this

These times
are hard
but they will
PASS

I'm sorry, Hudson
Sadie~Bronson~252

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:58 pm

KogasBabyGirl wrote:Any updates on when to expect on android? No rush I know you guys are busy... bit just miss this game now that I have a android

we're going to start asking for beta-testers soon! like next week. there's GONNA BE BUGS but that's why we need testers!

Sadie~Bronson~252 wrote:Having a huge issue with my game and I honestly want to cry.

I'm one star away from having every single star. ONE. I have many, many gemlings fully evolved. Life is good.

BUT

The phone I play on just broke. I have to wipe it. I also have an iPod that I will be transferring to until I get a new phone. Rainbowtail is connected to my facebook and used to be synced across the two devices. Since one of the updates, not sure which one, I've been disconnected from facebook on both devices. on my phone I still have all my levels and such, but on the ipod I'm locked back at the first world. When I try to connect it just says that I've already connected to facbook, then goes back to the rainbowtail home screen and asks me to connect to facebook to save my progress. Trying to reinstall it on the iPod but it doesn't want to download things atm.

Is there a fix for this that I'm missing? So frustrating to lose everything just because my phone decided to disconnect and then stop working entirely. I'm okay with being set back a week because I played on while my phone wasn't connected, but losing a year and a half of progress is heartbreaking.

so since one of the updates, both devices got logged out, but your phone remained with all levels yet your ipod was reset? can you please submit screenshots of your settings (when you click the 'gear icon'), and give us more details about it? why are you unable to reinstall it? if you were only logged out last week, there weren't any updates last week so you should be fine. could be your phone/ipod acting up.

if you can try logging in with a friend's iphone or something, that might help narrow down the problem! but don't worry, there's a lot of people that never connected that lost stuff with the server migration which we have to sort, so even if you lose anything we'll make it up to you best we can (when we're able to!).

and, heads up, with the android version we're changing the levels a LOT (so you can actually finish the main storyline, I'm really excited about that haha), it's practically a new game and we'll probably be deleting everyone's progress anyway (just keeping gemlings/gems/gembeans). we want everyone to experience it from the start. the other option would be to release it as a new game, so old users can keep all their stuff in the old Rainbowtail, but then they won't be able to transfer their pets so that would suck. we're leaning towards resetting the levels for everyone, but can make a poll and see user opinion.

anyway, will have some sneak peeks of the biggest update yet (ANDROIDDD cross compatibility and open-world exploration) coming soon, working hard on it right now!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadie~Bronson~252 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:13 pm

sketchi wrote:
Sadie~Bronson~252 wrote:Having a huge issue with my game and I honestly want to cry.

BUT

The phone I play on just broke. I have to wipe it. I also have an iPod that I will be transferring to until I get a new phone. Rainbowtail is connected to my facebook and used to be synced across the two devices. Since one of the updates, not sure which one, I've been disconnected from facebook on both devices. on my phone I still have all my levels and such, but on the ipod I'm locked back at the first world. When I try to connect it just says that I've already connected to facebook, then goes back to the rainbowtail home screen and asks me to connect to facebook to save my progress. Trying to reinstall it on the iPod but it doesn't want to download things atm.

so since one of the updates, both devices got logged out, but your phone remained with all levels yet your ipod was reset? can you please submit screenshots of your settings (when you click the 'gear icon'), and give us more details about it? why are you unable to reinstall it? if you were only logged out last week, there weren't any updates last week so you should be fine. could be your phone/ipod acting up.

if you can try logging in with a friend's iphone or something, that might help narrow down the problem! but don't worry, there's a lot of people that never connected that lost stuff with the server migration which we have to sort, so even if you lose anything we'll make it up to you best we can (when we're able to!).

So it reinstalled on the ipod and everything was back, even the levels I'd beat on my phone post being disconnected from facebook. So l guess it was lying about being disconnected? Dunno. Either way it's 100% back, thankfully. No idea WHY that happened, other than to add to my very long list of 'things that can possibly go wrong today.'

Back to chasing that ONE STAR. F6-2 Bomb Guards has to impossible to three star, I swear.
Why do I
j u s t i f y
what you did
wrong
to me?

horse pictures

We've been through
much together,
you and I
and I just
wanted to say
I'm sorry it ended
like this

These times
are hard
but they will
PASS

I'm sorry, Hudson
Sadie~Bronson~252

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm

I have a little question about the Feb stamp ones:
  • Is the Luvmag line the special type of Luvmog line or distant relation of them like Volocity line and Flox line?
By the way I'm glad that they really are busy at android development!
▼Please click to care them!▼
ImageImage
ImageImage
Have a good & nice day!
Dogian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Applesky » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:30 am

Commenting to express my interest (hope that's okay), and so I can find out when it comes to Android. I've been dying to try Rainbowtail for a long while, so am excited it's soon.
ImageImage
FR Trade Thread
♡ ♡ ♡

Avid Overwatch player & lowkey CS veteran
Feel free to message or trade me, I won't bite.

♡ ♡ ♡
Applesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Dogian wrote:I have a little question about the Feb stamp ones:
  • Is the Luvmag line the special type of Luvmog line or distant relation of them like Volocity line and Flox line?
By the way I'm glad that they really are busy at android development!

Luvmag is a distant relation, if it's a special type it would have the same name with a word in front of it (ie Volvolt & Grounded Volvolt). They CAN and do often become bonded pairs though!

Applesky wrote:Commenting to express my interest (hope that's okay), and so I can find out when it comes to Android. I've been dying to try Rainbowtail for a long while, so am excited it's soon.

it's actually really soon, beta is coming, and it'll be different enough that we'll want iOS beta-testers as well! we think it's a huge improvement, and want to see what everyone else thinks. ;3
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

xxxxxI've been following along for awhile c; definitely will beta test for Android if I got time outside of classes and family rip ly sketchi
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me