Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: worst book ever

Postby makima » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Ben and Me, a book my fifth grade teacher shoved down my classmates and my throat. It was so incredibly boring, I can't even remember the plot. Just please, don't read it.
makima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbrymoon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 pm

I know this might be an unpopular opinion here, but the Warriors cats books. I loved the first one or two, but then the series was dragged out. It had a really interesting story line actually, but then it was unnecessarily dragged out into more and more books and with each book it became more and more boring.

Skateboard Party. It's probably a book for younger children but the plot was absolutely so stupid. I'll sum the story up for you. A kid constantly gets in trouble at school, and really likes skateboarding. The kid is invited to other kid's skateboard party (bam there's the title for you). The kid wants to go, but is grounded because of bad grades. Kid is super angry, but then it rains. Skateboard party is rescheduled. Kid is happy. End of story. :clap: Anyways, not only was the plot bad, but the main character was uninteresting and it seems as if the main character was the only character. There's not much about the other characters.

edit: adding that i absolutely hate any books themed around pioneer stuff. i hate them so much.

i really dislike Little House in the Big Woods because it's just a bunch of blah blah blah about some pioneer guys and i was forced to read it in forth grade and i absolutely despised it.

another one, ( i forgot the name) about some girl named Carol ? anyways, she had some brothers and sisters who were red heads and brown haired but she.. she had to have "golden red" hair. she was the best speller out of the family and everything resolved around her. she was the one that was able to communicate with the native americans (called redskins in this book, horrible) she was the one that this random dog liked the best, and she was basically the favorite out of the family. one of her brothers was the absolute opposite and sucked at everything, and it just angered me so much. i was also forced to read this in fourth grade

I live in Oregon so we had to learn all about the Oregon trail in Fourth grade which my ancestors were not involved in (most of them anyways) because they are immigrants - anyways, the stuff we learned about native americans was basically they just were savages that sabotaged you on your way to Oregon. it was really a horrible grade for me and I'm glad i'm not in fourth grade anymore (still in school though ugh).
strawbrymoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snow's Storm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:11 am

The third book in the Divergent series, Allegiant. I didn't even finish it because it got boring and ridiculous.
Snow's Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:50 am

flooflesaurous wrote:I know this might be an unpopular opinion here, but the Warriors cats books. I loved the first one or two, but then the series was dragged out. It had a really interesting story line actually, but then it was unnecessarily dragged out into more and more books and with each book it became more and more boring.

Skateboard Party. It's probably a book for younger children but the plot was absolutely so stupid. I'll sum the story up for you. A kid constantly gets in trouble at school, and really likes skateboarding. The kid is invited to other kid's skateboard party (bam there's the title for you). The kid wants to go, but is grounded because of bad grades. Kid is super angry, but then it rains. Skateboard party is rescheduled. Kid is happy. End of story. :clap: Anyways, not only was the plot bad, but the main character was uninteresting and it seems as if the main character was the only character. There's not much about the other characters.

edit: adding that i absolutely hate any books themed around pioneer stuff. i hate them so much.

i really dislike Little House in the Big Woods because it's just a bunch of blah blah blah about some pioneer guys and i was forced to read it in forth grade and i absolutely despised it.

another one, ( i forgot the name) about some girl named Carol ? anyways, she had some brothers and sisters who were red heads and brown haired but she.. she had to have "golden red" hair. she was the best speller out of the family and everything resolved around her. she was the one that was able to communicate with the native americans (called redskins in this book, horrible) she was the one that this random dog liked the best, and she was basically the favorite out of the family. one of her brothers was the absolute opposite and sucked at everything, and it just angered me so much. i was also forced to read this in fourth grade

I live in Oregon so we had to learn all about the Oregon trail in Fourth grade which my ancestors were not involved in (most of them anyways) because they are immigrants - anyways, the stuff we learned about native americans was basically they just were savages that sabotaged you on your way to Oregon. it was really a horrible grade for me and I'm glad i'm not in fourth grade anymore (still in school though ugh).

Oh, The Laura Ingles Wilder series was so good! I used to hate it when I was young, but looking back on them I decided to read them. I was hooked. I absolutely hate most nonfiction stories, but this book series was so intriguing that I couldn't put it down (Especially the teachers!) I would really suggest that you try rereading the series now that your older.

And it didn't fully revolve around romance. It had a tiny bit of it, but that's only till the end of the series. It was refreshing to read a book without a love triangle shoved down your throat.

Okay, I have a few books that I don't like, but nothing compares to the hatred I harbored for Julie of the wolves.

So, of course, I had to read this book in 5th grade, and I couldn't understand it one bit. I am and was an avid reader, to the point that I'd have to sit through recess because I was reading during class lessons. I would also read books way above my reading level,
so I was very literate. For some reason though, I could not understand this book one bit. It didn't seem logical at all for me, and I couldn't comprehend what was going on at all. My teacher was baffled, and quickly reassigned me a different book.

I just... a human girl couldn't be mistaken for a wolf and become one with them. It was fiction, but at the same time it wasn't almost.
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaffeinatedLlama » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:54 am

I really dislike 'Animal farm' by george orwell. To the point where it was painful to read. And to make things worse we had to study it for English.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxtext text text text text text
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CaffeinatedLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby diana, » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:20 am

i don't hate any books, buuuut

we had to read to kill a mockingbird for class and it is boring
      the issues it addresses are important but just...
      yeah
═══════════════⋆⋅★⋅⋆═══════════════
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xi"deep into that darkness peering, long i stood there wonde
xxxring, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"all that we see or seem isxxxx"and so being young, and
xixxbut a dream within axxxxxxxxdipped in folly, i fell in
xxxxxxxxxdream."xxxxxxxxxxxxlove with melancholy."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
diana,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crona. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 am

BallisticLlama_64 wrote:I really dislike 'Animal farm' by george orwell. To the point where it was painful to read. And to make things worse we had to study it for English.

I had to read it for my Summer Reading, and I was indifferent on it. I liked it mostly because of the moral behind it, but I didn't pay too close attention o it because my assignment was to make a dictionary, so I focused more on vocab.

It was short, kind of boring, but I wish there was a modern remake / rendition to make it, I guess just more enjoyable? It's an old book based off of European government (I'm American, but I didn't get lost like I thought I would) so I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like it.

♧︎

-
crona.
he or him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
toyhou.se
art shop
my site
┌─

♤︎

crona.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nekolii » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 am

The Matched series was really boring after the first book. It didn't seem to have a clear plot and I really hated it. I had high hopes since the first book was amazing, but it was downright terrible
┌───────────────────┐
Image Image Image
──────Image───────────
He/Him || Bigender
Poly Pansexual/romantic, Fear me!

June 11
I'm nekolii, call me Lynn or Liam!
I love roleplay so PM me for a 1x1

───────────Image─────
Instagram
└───────────────────┘
nekolii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marinara sauce » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am

fifth wrote:
angrily.brusk.howls wrote:
Raikki wrote:Oh my there's a lot of bad books out there
Due to how incredibly over rated it is, I have the say that the warrior series was a dissapointment. Characters aren't wry well designed, and it just became something the authors were in to make money it seems.
Heck lionblaze literally can't get hurt that's like the definition of a Gary Stu.
Like honestly I just can't anymore.

I loved the first 6, liked the next 6 a lot, and then it went kinda downhill. That's when the cats started to get powers and whatnot that just really didn't fit with the feel of the first 12 books. Definitely seemed dragged on just to sell books.

So many of the characters are Gary Stus/Mary Sues, and I can't get over that fact even if the plotline was good. I really enjoyed reading the first series as well, but the next books felt boring and repetitive. A lot of the characters seemed really similar to me.

The Erin Hunter group recently came out with a new series: which is called Bravelands. I completed the first book and it seems interesting so far, hopefully it's not as repetitive as the series continues.

Anyways, I really hate the Seekers series. It just got boring as I continued, I could barely finish the very first book because of how dull it was, I really favor the Warriors' series more just because I love cats, and the newer books are pretty decent, the endings always leave you on edge, making you want to buy the next book whenever it comes out (which I see how they could be just doing this for money, the books always end with a cliffhanger).

but either way Bravelands really has a lot of potential and hopefully it becomes one of the more appreciated books that they've made, the setting and choice of characters isn't written about as much.
marinara sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ProjectIcarus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Snow's Storm wrote:The third book in the Divergent series, Allegiant. I didn't even finish it because it got boring and ridiculous.

I didn't finish it either. The first two were really good, but Allegiant was a snooze fest.

nekolii wrote:the eragon series. maybe it was because it seemed to take forever for things to get moving

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I actually thought this series was amazing. The movie is another story, but I'll save that one for the "worst movie ever thread".
----------☆--☆--☆----------
Not too active on here anymore, but I still check in from time to time!
^ Click for artist's shop!
----------☆--☆--☆----------

She/they • artist
My Flight RisingInstagramArtfightToyHouse
ProjectIcarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me