Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: worst book ever

Postby Nitro Indigo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 am

Worst, Spyglass, have either of you heard of The Wind on Fire Trilogy? I only read the first book and didn't like it, but it's a YA series with competent adults and a society that doesn't revolve around teenagers doing cool things.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lion Queen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:08 am

end of the line wrote:
The Lion Queen wrote:
kishas wrote:I really didn't like The Outsiders. I loved it, but we had to read it for a class project (by we I mean my entire class) and I found it particularly stressful. I got an F on it... ;-;

I'm pretty sure I have to read it for English next year...I'm scared DX

I'm incredibly disappointed that school is causing kids to dislike reading and wonderful books. The Outsiders is one of my absolute favorites; it has sympathetic characters, an engaging plot, and the fact that it was written by a sixteen year old is amazing. The school system needs to learn to motivate kids to read and not force them for a grade.

On the subject of books I don't like, I didn't enjoy Eragon or An Abundance of Katherines.

I'll probably like it, but i really hate reading for school because everyone in the class except me reads super slow and i get in trouble for "reading ahead"
previously alexterri
The Lion Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyWarrior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:15 am

end of the line wrote:
The Lion Queen wrote:
kishas wrote:I really didn't like The Outsiders. I loved it, but we had to read it for a class project (by we I mean my entire class) and I found it particularly stressful. I got an F on it... ;-;

I'm pretty sure I have to read it for English next year...I'm scared DX

I'm incredibly disappointed that school is causing kids to dislike reading and wonderful books. The Outsiders is one of my absolute favorites; it has sympathetic characters, an engaging plot, and the fact that it was written by a sixteen year old is amazing. The school system needs to learn to motivate kids to read and not force them for a grade.

On the subject of books I don't like, I didn't enjoy Eragon or An Abundance of Katherines.

Yes! Honestly, I feel like when you just read for fun, and not for a grade, you really enjoy books a lot more. When my English class read the Outsiders not for a grade I fell in love with it and it's still my favorite book today OuO My least favorite is probably the Maze Runner. I know lots of people love it, but it just wasn't my thing ;-; I just didn't feel compelled to keep reading after I was about halfway through and it didn't interest me ):
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 6 gifts.

. .
KittyWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nitro Indigo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 am

^ Reading for school is why I don't like The Wind Singer, or Romeo and Juliet (even though that's a play).
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flowercatt » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:24 am

I had to read a book last year called Kite Runner I think it's called? It was just.. so boring. And confusing. I was often confused about who was speaking, who the characters were and their relations to each other. I only read about half of it and then I kinda bullcrap'd the rest of the way through it.
wip
flowercatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MagicSpyglass » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 am

Nitro Indigo wrote:Worst, Spyglass, have either of you heard of The Wind on Fire Trilogy? I only read the first book and didn't like it, but it's a YA series with competent adults and a society that doesn't revolve around teenagers doing cool things.

Oops, I forgot that most YA fiction is bad even if it is somewhat original.

Hello! I'm Chloe, I'm a adult Autistic girl! I have a lot of special interests :3
MagicSpyglass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pug; » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 am

I didn't like my side of the mountain, I actually love a lot of old books and have deep appreciation for them but I hated it! It was so slow and boring and nothing happened,
Pug;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:11 pm

Will agree with a lot of other posters that reading for school made me pretty miserable, though I did find some great books through my high school English classes. World War Z by Max Brooks, for example, is one of my favorite books and I read it for 9th grade English. The Road by Cormac McCarthy and My Bloody Life by Remundo Sanchez were some other great books I read for school.

But since we're on the topic of hated books...

Wuthering Heights for my senior English class, WEW that book sucked. I never even finished it. Also I know 1984 is supposed to be a literary masterpiece but I couldn't get past the first 50 pages ngl. Maybe I should go back and read it in a non classroom setting.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Pyjaks wrote:Will agree with a lot of other posters that reading for school made me pretty miserable, though I did find some great books through my high school English classes. World War Z by Max Brooks, for example, is one of my favorite books and I read it for 9th grade English. The Road by Cormac McCarthy and My Bloody Life by Remundo Sanchez were some other great books I read for school.

Wuthering Heights for my senior English class, WEW that book sucked. I never even finished it. Also I know 1984 is supposed to be a literary masterpiece but I couldn't get past the first 50 pages ngl. Maybe I should go back and read it in a non classroom setting.

Ehhh, speaking as someone who gave 1984 a shot of their own free will, I was in about the same boat |D Just got real bored real fast. Similar case with A Clockwork Orange... though funnily enough, I devoured the heck out of 2001: A Space Odyssey despite warnings of its dryness |D (And while I couldn't get through 1984, Animal Farm was incredibly engaging and I've been meaning to give it a re-read \o/)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:Will agree with a lot of other posters that reading for school made me pretty miserable, though I did find some great books through my high school English classes. World War Z by Max Brooks, for example, is one of my favorite books and I read it for 9th grade English. The Road by Cormac McCarthy and My Bloody Life by Remundo Sanchez were some other great books I read for school.

Ehhh, speaking as someone who gave 1984 a shot of their own free will, I was in about the same boat |D Just got real bored real fast. Similar case with A Clockwork Orange... though funnily enough, I devoured the heck out of 2001: A Space Odyssey despite warnings of its dryness |D (And while I couldn't get through 1984, Animal Farm was incredibly engaging and I've been meaning to give it a re-read \o/)

Animal Farm is great!! I don't know why but I found Orwell's writing to be much more engaging in   than in 1984
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me