Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: worst book ever

Postby Spacer's Choice » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm

the worst book I ever read was Twilight (i never finished it, cos it was so dire)
"Fixing the universe is a job for somebody way better than the likes of me." — Parvati Holcomb
Spacer's Choice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blindcharger » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I hear you Kari! As a teacher, it kinda hurts to see the younger ones bashing the required reading at school, but face it- part of being a teen is hating anything that adults ask you to do. It is age appropriate. I am not sure what i would call the worst book I have ever read, since I have read probably 15,000 books in my life (I can read three a day on a good day). I just gave up on one named Waveland that was pretty bad, though.

I wasn't crazy about Twilight. For some reason it reminded me of Tuck Everlasting, which my daughter loved but I thought was only so-so. I wouldn't put it on the "worst" list, though.
I like pie :)
blindcharger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soulstrifer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 am

I liked most of the requiered books at the school. guess it doesnt help I can read pretty fast. (finished Mists of Avalon in a Day) I loath the Twilight books. I knew i shouldnt have read them. I don't mean to bash the teens and pre-teens out there that love the books but I have been reading books like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicals since middleschool. When my friend asked me to writer her a fanfic, I had to read the twilight books so I understood... and I regret it. Going from Anne Rice to the Twilight books killed me inside i think. It was terrible. Im now reading The Dragon Nimbus Novels by Irene Raford... they arent great but they are better than Twilight.

Gone But Never Forgotten
"Lay away a place for me.
Cause as soon as I'm done I'll be on my way.
To live eternally."
-So Far Away by A7X
Soulstrifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalsrcute11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 am

The worst book I ever read was The Old Man and the Sea. It was so boring. I had to read it for school, but I couldn't even finish it lol.
animalsrcute11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aggron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 am

Twilight(read first chapter hatted it). Finished it and barfed by how terrible it was. Oh and i got the first book to guardians of o'gale(I think it was called something about owls) as a gift and didnt like it at all.
Im a bookworm i know a good book when i see one.
"Only Link can roll up stairs!"

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image ImageImage
Aggron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madame Butterfly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:52 am

Well, no offence to you Lit teachers... but its not just a rebelious thing. A lot of the classics are either [a] outdated and thus hard to relate to [b] analyzed to death in class, making it impossible to enjoy [c] full of really weak female characters, and/or, [d] just plain difficult to read which is fine for those of us who do read a lot, but lets face it, most of this current generation of students don't read very well.

So it makes sense classics get listed a lot as "worst books" :D

[sorry for my spelling]
Madame Butterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strawberry-Ringo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am

Madame Butterfly wrote:
Strawberry-Ringo wrote:Ugh! The worse book I've ever read is what we are reading now in Literature. It's "In Cold Blood" By: Truman Capote

Lol I love that book! Not so fond of "Twilight" but thats almost a generic responce. To Kill a Mockingbird and Tale of Two Cities are really the only classics I enjoy, besides for Shakespeare. Expect Romeo and Juliet is pretty awful... Shakespeare should be ashamed.

Haha I'm not too fond of Twilight either, made even more so by all the estatic fans. I also do not like Romeo and Juliet. I accept that it's supposed to be romantic and all, but all I've found it useful for it jokes. (ex. The biting you thumb at someone XD)
All my pets prior to 2021 will be available for trade as I wish to start fresh. :)
Strawberry-Ringo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madame Butterfly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 am

Yes I bite my thumb at people all the time... usually, they just look confused. Its bad if they understand though...

All of Mercutio is awesome. Too bad he kicks it halfway through.

R&J and Twilight have similar downfalls. Stalker-older-male-falls-in-lust-with-girl-who-doesn't-know-better... yada, yada.

Slash fan? Bleach and Naruto fan at least, right? xD
Madame Butterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morningstar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 am

I agree with a ton of people here... Twilight for sure. :lol:
women are like the woods: mysterious and full of wolves.
Morningstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Denniah » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am

I don't like the Tale of Desperox. I don't know how it got so popular, and made into a movie! It was really boring and the mouse whined the whole time about how scared he was. I didn't enjoy hatchet that much either.
Denniah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me