░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail - 2.7.6: Anniversary Event + free stuff!

Postby Kyouka » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Those legendaries look so cool! Too bad android Version is still underway T-T

kyou | she/her
art student & creative with
too many things to do.

free pets 】【 listo 】【 x
Sig: Ishtar | Avatar: Noblesse

Kyouka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbyDerp » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am

lol, I saw this on facebook, Image

XDDDDDD
Kiwi Blast by Toby Fox is an amazing song. 😎

RainbyDerp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftalu » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:44 am

This update is really good! I'm very happy to see Skelegon was nerfed, that boss was extremely frustrating to get on a level. Super happy to see the legendary event too, though I somehow unexpectedly got Moony. x'D

Anyways! Bugs! There's still a display problem with the sludge, even if you have cleared it (and it is counted as cleared) sometimes the tile still remains, as if the sludge wasn't cleared at all. Another thing I found was that Hellbat's ghost spirit thing froze, it didn't do the wiggly animation like it should, however it was still used as normal.

This update has definitely made getting the 3rd star easier, perhaps it might just be me but I'm finding myself getting the 3rd star more often when I put the time into getting it, however there are still a few levels I'm concerned about where it might have an 'unachievable' 3rd star. The most noted level I can think of is where you have to get a certain score (Such as 8000 in campfire), it's basically impossible to get it unless you get incredibly lucky RNG, which requires little to no skill most times. I've done this in about 2-3 different levels of achieving a score and it seems almost hopeless to me to try and get it, is there a possibility that perhaps in those levels the score you need for a 3rd star could be lowered? I know 3 star is supposed to be hard to get, however in this case it doesn't require skill like it should. There are also levels where you are put in a small board and it makes it very hard to get a high score for another 3rd star; the one that comes to mind is Ping Pong (However I'm still having a go at that one) but I'm sure there are a few other levels with a small board as well, limited moves and high score to get stars. The problem I think is it's harder to make combos and consistent or large matches in a small board, which makes it difficult to get the star. ^^;

I'm also hoping you can hear me out on nerfing Big Toe as well, while he isn't as OP as Skelegon was, there are still times where I get incredibly unlucky because he throws snowballs at 'choke points' (I know there's 1 level that he's in where there are only 2 places for gems to drop and he always manages to throw snowballs up there, blocking them from dropping down). It becomes difficult to make matches because he builds up many snowballs as well, which I find having trouble getting rid of them often.

I would also like to mention, and I'm fairly certain someone has brought this up in the past, that I still feel like older players have an advantage over this game compared to newer players, I feel like newer players would struggle more in getting good gemlings with good blast patterns and power in order to beat difficult levels, not to mention they need 4 of the same gemling, while older players were able to stage up these gemlings through level up. While I'm not sure how this can be fixed without removing the material system that's in place (Which I understand would be unfair), I feel like it should be easier for newer players to get better gemlings without having to spend a long time grinding (Even if they are meant to be rare). The monthly stamps help with this, however I still feel like this doesn't put older and newer players on a sort of 'equal level' of sorts, if that makes sense. o:

I also have a suggestion for the spirit bar, would it be possible to perhaps extend it as you further progress in the game? I enjoyed saving up the bar to summon 3 gemlings even if you had very good gemlings, I think it would be nice to give an opportunity to upgrade it so that you don't feel punished for having better gemlings that cost more spirit. c:

I do like this update however, since it has definitely made the game much easier and relaxing to play while still remaining a challenge! I'm very happy to see more opportunities to get more gem beans, I think that was a perfect fix to the shortage I was always getting. The boss nerfs have definitely helped too, as well as level and bomber nerfs (Especially on ice bombers, those always managed to build up so much ice and would get me stuck too). I haven't really been so overjoyed by an RT update since I think the auto rainbow rush update? This has definitely got me into playing the app again. ^v^
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:05 am

Hello!

I have been wondering what the difference between Android and Apple versions is? Or rather, why do you need to create a whole other app for Android users? I understand the two utilize different stores, but I figured the code would be transferable. Just curious! ^.^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbyDerp » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:47 pm

bump ^^
Kiwi Blast by Toby Fox is an amazing song. 😎

RainbyDerp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 pm

parabatai. wrote:
    Hello!

I have been wondering what the difference between Android and Apple versions is? Or rather, why do you need to create a whole other app for Android users? I understand the two utilize different stores, but I figured the code would be transferable. Just curious! ^.^

it's a bit more complicated than that. we wrote the original code in objective-c, which is great for apple. but android reads C++, so everything needs to be re-written from the ground up. meanwhile there are some functions available in objective-c that don't exist in C++, so we have to find other ways to make the program do the same thing.

also, as we continuously updated and improved the apple version, it had to be re-written for android. we try to stick to mainly art updates so the coding won't suffer too much, but still gotta fix bugs and continue improvements for our existing apple users!

and another also, the android version is written to be compatible with apple as well, so that when we're FINALLY done writing android we can scrap the objective-c version and write in C++ for both apple and android from then on.

then you may ask, why didn't we start with C++ in the first place, so its compatible for both systems anyway? while that would be ideal, back in '13 (when we first started writing this program) objective-c had a lot of functions and stuff C++ didn't, and it was much easier to just make it in objective-c first. with improvements in C++ & apple compatibility in recent years, it's much more viable to do so now.

...or something like that! I only code a little bit (the UI stuff mainly), so that's just the general gist of it.

---
@Swifatlu; I'm really glad you're enjoying the update, and thanks for reporting the bugs! does the sludge not disappearing have anything to do with 5-in-a-rows? we know there's some kind of bug with a 5-in-a-row pet walking through things, and we'll work on isolating that later.

thanks for those suggestions too, longer spirit bar is definitely on the to-do list. extending it as you progress sounds like a good idea. and for helping out newer players, we'll think about other ways they can get a strong pet!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogian » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:17 am

The wiki is still missing a bunch of Gemlings' secondary type information!

To report or provide the information to us, just pm me or contribute the wiki should be good!

Thanks so much!
▼Please click to care them!▼
ImageImage
ImageImage
Have a good & nice day!
Dogian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mommy Amon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:10 am

it's been a year and still no android :/
I really wanna play too and im sure loads of people do as well :////

╔═════════════════════════╗
Dms and trades open
╚═════════════════════════╝

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Commissions and art trades open, pm or dm on discord - daluniak
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mommy Amon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:21 pm

polychrome wrote:
the Phoenix attribute is misspelled as phoneix

thanks for reporting in, sharp eyes! I'll get that fixed by next patch. ^^

@Dalgony; sorry, we're doing our best!

@Dogian; one of these days I'll figure out how to use the wiki... >___>;
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I would just like to know how much progress you have made on android version or have you started that at all. Just curious is all sketchi cause it seems like your having an easier time with IOS than Android right now.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me