Closed for now

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

What's your favorite part about halloween?

Dressing up!
44%
Getting candy!
6%
Going out with friends!
No votes
All of the above :D!
25%
Nah, I'd rather stay at home umu
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: ●Ichi's Art Shop●[Critique for Art][OPEN]

Postby Greta Van Fleet » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:16 pm

I'll join in here I guess! I'll critique this here. c:

This piece overall has a really nice feel to it, its kind of dark and mysterious i would say. I really love how you've done the giant flower! The fact that you've even added the smaller details, like the lines in the petals, really makes it stand out. Although I would say that perhaps the inside of the flower (the middle) should be darker considering the shadow difference. Maybe even adding some highlights to the edges of the petals would be better as well, to give it an even better feel.

As for the character himself, I think he looks great! However there are some flaws to it, and one thing I had noticed were how skinny the legs are. Think if you were to take his pants off, his legs would be very skinny with how theyre proportioned right now, so perhaps if they were made a bit thicker, it would be fine. c: Another thing had notice was his hand/arm sizes. Because of how small his wrist is, his hand looks giant. If you had made the hand just a smidge smaller, it would have looked fine. The positioning of the hand is also a bit odd as well. Since his body is kind of 3/4 view, his hands should be too, but the way you've drawn them looks like a hand from side view instead of 3/4. His fingers also look a bit long too, I struggle with hands as well, the best thing to do for me is use as many references as possible to find those right proportions/angles/positions.

His clothes are very nicely done, but they could use some more shadowing in some areas, like under the arms/armpits. Everything else seems fine, but I would also suggest adding more highlights/lighting to the character as well, to help compliment the shading.

I hope this helps you out! You have a very nice style, and I look forward to seeing how much more you grow! c:
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

━ 𝙸𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚢
𝚓𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
╔══════════════════════════════╗

Welcome to my profile ♡
Just another weirdo from the midwest
thriving off of art, music, & love!

╚══════════════════════════════╝
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Greta Van Fleet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichi Mitsugi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:57 am

Kaneki Ken wrote:
    I'll join in here I guess! I'll critique this here. c:

This piece overall has a really nice feel to it, its kind of dark and mysterious i would say. I really love how you've done the giant flower! The fact that you've even added the smaller details, like the lines in the petals, really makes it stand out. Although I would say that perhaps the inside of the flower (the middle) should be darker considering the shadow difference. Maybe even adding some highlights to the edges of the petals would be better as well, to give it an even better feel.

As for the character himself, I think he looks great! However there are some flaws to it, and one thing I had noticed were how skinny the legs are. Think if you were to take his pants off, his legs would be very skinny with how theyre proportioned right now, so perhaps if they were made a bit thicker, it would be fine. c: Another thing had notice was his hand/arm sizes. Because of how small his wrist is, his hand looks giant. If you had made the hand just a smidge smaller, it would have looked fine. The positioning of the hand is also a bit odd as well. Since his body is kind of 3/4 view, his hands should be too, but the way you've drawn them looks like a hand from side view instead of 3/4. His fingers also look a bit long too, I struggle with hands as well, the best thing to do for me is use as many references as possible to find those right proportions/angles/positions.

His clothes are very nicely done, but they could use some more shadowing in some areas, like under the arms/armpits. Everything else seems fine, but I would also suggest adding more highlights/lighting to the character as well, to help compliment the shading.

I hope this helps you out! You have a very nice style, and I look forward to seeing how much more you grow! c:

★★★★★★★★ 8 stars~
Ooooo having the inside of the flower be darker is such a good idea, I didn't even consider it ;w; I need to remember to shade more often, eheh~

I also see how his legs are extremely thin, especially his thighs, so I'll be sure to pay more attention with that in the future. I'm also terrible with drawing hands, although I'm extremely better than I used to be :P I agree with the hands being too large and it not agreeing with the rest of the body's angle (tbh that could've saved me since I can't draw hands sideways for my life).
The thing is though, I actually kinda like drawing extremely long fingers; it's pretty much just a personal preference though.

I also love shading so yes, more shading >:D
I'm not too much of a fan with highlighting though (unless it's a shiny object or hair), especially since it's really hard to make look good with cell shading. I might try it out some time though.

Overall good job ^w^ Feel free to send me your reffy once you see this. You can get a halfbod or any lower tier
Ichi Mitsugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greta Van Fleet » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 am

Ichi Mitsugi wrote:
Kaneki Ken wrote:
    -snip-

★★★★★★★★ 8 stars~
Ooooo having the inside of the flower be darker is such a good idea, I didn't even consider it ;w; I need to remember to shade more often, eheh~

I also see how his legs are extremely thin, especially his thighs, so I'll be sure to pay more attention with that in the future. I'm also terrible with drawing hands, although I'm extremely better than I used to be :P I agree with the hands being too large and it not agreeing with the rest of the body's angle (tbh that could've saved me since I can't draw hands sideways for my life).
The thing is though, I actually kinda like drawing extremely long fingers; it's pretty much just a personal preference though.

I also love shading so yes, more shading >:D
I'm not too much of a fan with highlighting though (unless it's a shiny object or hair), especially since it's really hard to make look good with cell shading. I might try it out some time though.

Overall good job ^w^ Feel free to send me your reffy once you see this. You can get a halfbod or any lower tier

I'm the same way about shading, honestly. I love it a ton. Also, with highlights/cell shades, what I usually do is just add a LITTLE tiny bit of airbrush to the tops of things, that wasy its not going against your cell shades, but it also gives it a cooler look. (Example, you can't REALLY notice it, but check her cheeks, shoulders, hair, nose, edges, etc. there's a slight tint to it, which I think compliments her colors.) But thats my personal preference , so just do whatever you like or are comfortable with. c:

I'd love to get a half body of https://toyhou.se/1722147.caelum if that is alright? If she is to difficult, just let me know and I can switch characters. c:

Edit;; for items/scenery, one suggestion would be anything space related, but feel free to add whatever. c;

━ 𝙸𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚢
𝚓𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╔══════════════════════════════╗

Welcome to my profile ♡
Just another weirdo from the midwest
thriving off of art, music, & love!

╚══════════════════════════════╝
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Greta Van Fleet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichi Mitsugi » Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 am

Finished everyone's orders!
Bump since I'm free again~
Ichi Mitsugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ●Ichi's Art Shop● [Critique Me for Art][OPEN]

Postby SIXSIN » Tue May 15, 2018 2:32 pm

I was wondering if you are open would you take 82c$, seven very rares ( ranging from 2009-2015) for a halfbod?
He/Him, Adult

SIXSIN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinkapillar » Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi! I love to write so I'm totally for this type of payment ^w ^
    Honestly I love your style, but like everything, you can always improve!
    The biggest thing I noticed that is fairly consistent throughout your work is you mainly stick to two poses: pigeon toed or the one leg up. I think doing some really wacky poses would give your audience a larger range of what you are capable of doing! I specially love these two: here and here, as they give a completely different vibe from the rest of your portfolio. Another aspect of your art I see as very stagnant appears to be body types. Same height, weight and build for the most part. I would love to see you stray away from the thin, pale, body types. The character I present you after this could potentially bring you out of your comfort zone in that regard!
    On another note, some of your expressions confuse me. I can't always tell exactly what the character in the art is suppose to be feeling (though that may just be simply because that isn't my character) however, here and here I have no idea what they are trying to convey! Lastly I would say you should totally add some more 'animal' refs to your DA if you are capable of doing so! Some may hesitant to commission you for such pieces if they have no idea how they would come out.

I found the best way to come up with new poses, or help with expressions is literally just pintrest (which I know is pretty broad but the amount of sources you can find on there is incredible). By simply searching up 'drawing pose ref' you can find thousands of helpful artists from around the web!

Anyways, I think your coloring/shading is spot on and really does remind me of something I would see in an anime...I hope this helps <3 <3
Pinkapillar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichi Mitsugi » Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 am

Blue Android wrote:
    Hi! I love to write so I'm totally for this type of payment ^w ^
    Honestly I love your style, but like everything, you can always improve!
    The biggest thing I noticed that is fairly consistent throughout your work is you mainly stick to two poses: pigeon toed or the one leg up. I think doing some really wacky poses would give your audience a larger range of what you are capable of doing! I specially love these two: here and here, as they give a completely different vibe from the rest of your portfolio. Another aspect of your art I see as very stagnant appears to be body types. Same height, weight and build for the most part. I would love to see you stray away from the thin, pale, body types. The character I present you after this could potentially bring you out of your comfort zone in that regard!
    On another note, some of your expressions confuse me. I can't always tell exactly what the character in the art is suppose to be feeling (though that may just be simply because that isn't my character) however, here and here I have no idea what they are trying to convey! Lastly I would say you should totally add some more 'animal' refs to your DA if you are capable of doing so! Some may hesitant to commission you for such pieces if they have no idea how they would come out.

I found the best way to come up with new poses, or help with expressions is literally just pintrest (which I know is pretty broad but the amount of sources you can find on there is incredible). By simply searching up 'drawing pose ref' you can find thousands of helpful artists from around the web!

Anyways, I think your coloring/shading is spot on and really does remind me of something I would see in an anime...I hope this helps <3 <3

★★★★★★★★★ 9 stars!~
What I found real interesting was that you noticed the poses, I never noticed those myself! I never noticed that I always do that, I should definitely diversify more and oh god it's my old art
I also agree that literally all characters I've drawn have the same body type, and it definitely would be helpful if I drew more body types, although I'm still unsure of my own style so I thought I should at least be satisfied with it before I give it more character ^^;
I'm afraid I'm also not too good at conveying emotions, I tend to prefer aesthetics instead but emotion is literally the entirety of an artpiece so I'll be sure to remember how the characters should be feeling and try to put that into my art as well (I really liked this point since it also meshes with the lack of diverse poses).
About my animal art, I'm afraid I don't have any recent pieces right now ;w; I only have 2 animal OCs (both bunbuns =w=) and while that's not a valid excuse, I've just been so into drawing hoomans that I've completely forgotten about the 4-legged creatures- I can understand why some would be hesitant to commission for animal art since I lack any recent works (and personally, I'm not a fan of animal art but I can appreciate good works, ya' know?)

Overall good job! ^w^ Feel free to send a ref over (and some background info of them too)
I'll be assuming you want a fullbody unless you say otherwise~
Ichi Mitsugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me