Closed for now

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

What's your favorite part about halloween?

Dressing up!
44%
Getting candy!
6%
Going out with friends!
No votes
All of the above :D!
25%
Nah, I'd rather stay at home umu
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: ●Ichi's Art Shop●[Critique me for Art][OPEN]

Postby Novel » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:47 am

Art Critique and Review

For my critique of your artwork, I will be providing you with information on how you can improve in each of the categories you have listed, in addition to my input on what I feel you are doing correct. I will also be linking image references of tutorials I personally find useful in my everyday artwork.

General Male Anatomy
Reviewing Image(s) :: One

Applicable Tutorials/References :: One , Two , Three

:: What I like about your art ::

I'm personally a big fan of more gender neutral males in terms of muscle mass and anatomy, of which I feel you do a good job in creating. You do wonderful in conveying emotion through facial expression and gestures, as seen with the boy pointing his finger and the open, exaggerated mouth.

:: What can be improved ::

In terms of strictly speaking based on male anatomy versus female, to achieve a more masculine image, focus on better differentiating between your males and females with key muscle groups often visible in the neck (Like the Adams apple) and arms. Try playing around to finding out how your boys can be drawn differently from your girls. This could also be seen in different face shapes, eye shapes, or nose shapes.

Hair
Reviewing Image(s) :: One , Two , Three

You're great at drawing different hair styles, which can be hard for some artists. You create gradients in the hair to better indicate lighting and add depth.

Try experimenting by adding depth and intricacy to your hair. Currently, it appears rather flat without many lines or strands for dimension. My personal favorite method of adding hair detail is via hair brushes which you can download, laying them down upon your hair base on a new layer, and gently erasing the beginning and ends of the strand sets with a soft eraser.

Shading
Reviewing Image(s) :: Two , Three

Your cell shading it well done, especially with attention to soft gradients on the ends of some spots.

To create a softer and more natural look, experiment with gentle brushes and blurring effects, especially on the face shading. Attempt at adding a more diverse range of gradients in, and play around with soft erasers on your shading to form faded edges. Your clothing shading could use some more practice, of which wrinkles and highlighted portions that follow your light source should be added in more quantity and with sharper edges.

Feet
Reviewing Image(s) :: N/A - None listed have feet shown.

N/A

Try out creating geometric shapes first for your feet. Don't be afraid to sketch them out multiple times first, and then do line-art once you shape it all out.

Hands

Your hands have a lot of character to them. For this artwork of yours, I especially like the small detail which indicates the nail just past the finger tips. It's cute and gives a nice effect. I also enjoy the proper usage of shading to indicate your light source and angles.

Some of your hand's lineart is a tad wobbly, or with sharper edges on some portions than others. To help control that, be sure to adjust your drawing program's stabilization for the pen you use. This creates fewer errors in your lineart. As for the general hand, you did very well. I would suggest adding a few lines on the tops of the joints to better indicate shape.

Legs

N/A - None shown for this category.

Experiment with different muscled characters. Legs are a great way of showing what a character's occupation is, as the muscles vary significantly for each person.

Muscles
Reviewing Image(s) :: Two

Not many muscles are shown in the works you want critiqued, but I enjoy the practical proportions of everything.

Try adding more curves to your characters. Give them subtle form that better distinguishes them as humans, such as around the tops of the arms where there should be the most mass.

Hope this was helpful! Please let me know what you would score my critique~.
Novel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichi Mitsugi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 am

Novel wrote:
Art Critique and Review

For my critique of your artwork, I will be providing you with information on how you can improve in each of the categories you have listed, in addition to my input on what I feel you are doing correct. I will also be linking image references of tutorials I personally find useful in my everyday artwork.

General Male Anatomy

I'm personally a big fan of more gender neutral males in terms of muscle mass and anatomy, of which I feel you do a good job in creating. You do wonderful in conveying emotion through facial expression and gestures, as seen with the boy pointing his finger and the open, exaggerated mouth.

In terms of strictly speaking based on male anatomy versus female, to achieve a more masculine image, focus on better differentiating between your males and females with key muscle groups often visible in the neck (Like the Adams apple) and arms. Try playing around to finding out how your boys can be drawn differently from your girls. This could also be seen in different face shapes, eye shapes, or nose shapes.

Hair
Reviewing Image(s) :: One , Two , Three

You're great at drawing different hair styles, which can be hard for some artists. You create gradients in the hair to better indicate lighting and add depth.

Try experimenting by adding depth and intricacy to your hair. Currently, it appears rather flat without many lines or strands for dimension. My personal favorite method of adding hair detail is via hair brushes which you can download, laying them down upon your hair base on a new layer, and gently erasing the beginning and ends of the strand sets with a soft eraser.

Shading
Reviewing Image(s) :: Two , Three

Your cell shading it well done, especially with attention to soft gradients on the ends of some spots.

To create a softer and more natural look, experiment with gentle brushes and blurring effects, especially on the face shading. Attempt at adding a more diverse range of gradients in, and play around with soft erasers on your shading to form faded edges. Your clothing shading could use some more practice, of which wrinkles and highlighted portions that follow your light source should be added in more quantity and with sharper edges.

Feet

N/A

Try out creating geometric shapes first for your feet. Don't be afraid to sketch them out multiple times first, and then do line-art once you shape it all out.

Hands

Your hands have a lot of character to them. For this artwork of yours, I especially like the small detail which indicates the nail just past the finger tips. It's cute and gives a nice effect. I also enjoy the proper usage of shading to indicate your light source and angles.

Some of your hand's lineart is a tad wobbly, or with sharper edges on some portions than others. To help control that, be sure to adjust your drawing program's stabilization for the pen you use. This creates fewer errors in your lineart. As for the general hand, you did very well. I would suggest adding a few lines on the tops of the joints to better indicate shape.

Legs

N/A - None shown for this category.

Experiment with different muscled characters. Legs are a great way of showing what a character's occupation is, as the muscles vary significantly for each person.

Muscles
Reviewing Image(s) :: Two

Not many muscles are shown in the works you want critiqued, but I enjoy the practical proportions of everything.

Try adding more curves to your characters. Give them subtle form that better distinguishes them as humans, such as around the tops of the arms where there should be the most mass.

Hope this was helpful! Please let me know what you would score my critique~.

★★★★★★★★★★ 10 stars and more, if getting more stars was possible! *0*
Thank you so much, I'm glad you gave advice on everything so I'll have a lot to work off of ^w^
The references are also great, in fact I think I already had one or two of them bookmarked so it's good to know they're reliable
You also tell me what I can try to do to improve, and I find that sort of criticism helps me a lot since I have something to work off of.
Overall it's great since now I know where I can start.
You can reply or PM with a character you want art of (I can only draw humans/humanoids and attempt furries ;w;), you can get a fullbody or any lower tier art (they all have shading).
Ichi Mitsugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 am

Is your little edited gif from yoosung off of mystic messenger >,> ?
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichi Mitsugi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

❼⓿❼ wrote:Is your little edited gif from yoosung off of mystic messenger >,> ?

Ah sadly no, it's actually my husband a guy called Tsukasa from a vocaloid series called Kotonoha Project (Im super obsessed with it so that's why it's my siggy)

Also, bump!~
Ichi Mitsugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 am

I meant this little gif. Lololol

Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichi Mitsugi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 pm

❼⓿❼ wrote:I meant this little gif. Lololol

Ah yea the little animation is, but he himself is from another fandom. He's my other husband from an RPG game called End Roll and his name is Tabasa, he's a precious cinnamonroll ^w^

Also, bump~
Ichi Mitsugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me