Dear Art Shop Customers...

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby zet137 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Commission =/= Friendship: Never assume that the artist you are commissioning wants to be your friend simply because you pay them. Some artists would rather keep contact with you strictly professional and business related. They're not interested in you contacting them to chat about your day or you sending them a link to a Youtube video you found funny. Most artists really don't care to get to know you deeper other than what you're paying. It sounds cold, but a business relationship is much different than a friendly relationship.

And for the love of God, don't contact an artist and ask for their offsite personal contact information (e-mail, instant message, etc) so you can chat with them. You have absolutely no reason to require that information.

Okay, yeah. I've always had a problem with this quote here and I'd like to address why.

Yeah, I totally want my customer's money/pets/whathaveyou, why wouldn't I?
But I actually love chatting with them, a lot of my customers are very friendly and some of them have even become my friends.

I would always let any fan or customer of my work talk to me if they wanted to. Want to know why?
Not only does it give me something to do, it forms a bond with the customers.

Think about it this way.
You have two artists of relative skill level and prices.
One is cold-hearted, and never chats with their customers, and comes off as rude at times.
The other one can be seen as a friend, or a fellow acquaintance by most, always trying their best to be friendly and always willing to listen to fans/customers.
If you wanted art, who would you choose? Guess what, it's not going to be the former.

This stance that artists and customers cannot be friends really bothers me. Please, don't put that up as a 'guideline' for all customers to follow, because it is not the case. I don't know of any other artists who do this, mainly because I'm in my own little circle, but I just wish we could all be nicer and treat our customers like acquaintances or friends, rather than money machines.

Customers shouldn't be scared to talk to artists - if you're an artist who treats their customers as nothing, or are rude to them, then I wonder how you even get orders. I would personally never order from someone who acted like that, because it's just downright annoying that we have all been brainwashed to not associate with our customers.

Feel free to make your opinions, but these are mine.

my name's zet and im a he
☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
「じゃじゃーじゃーーん!俺
ベクター!」
im very busy atm so if you need me
pm me !
「絶望 zetsubou, noun;
despair
gif; starbeasts|pixels; cdc
zet137

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eden . » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 pm

officer diesel wrote:
Commission =/= Friendship: Never assume that the artist you are commissioning wants to be your friend simply because you pay them. Some artists would rather keep contact with you strictly professional and business related. They're not interested in you contacting them to chat about your day or you sending them a link to a Youtube video you found funny. Most artists really don't care to get to know you deeper other than what you're paying. It sounds cold, but a business relationship is much different than a friendly relationship.

And for the love of God, don't contact an artist and ask for their offsite personal contact information (e-mail, instant message, etc) so you can chat with them. You have absolutely no reason to require that information.

Okay, yeah. I've always had a problem with this quote here and I'd like to address why.

Yeah, I totally want my customer's money/pets/whathaveyou, why wouldn't I?
But I actually love chatting with them, a lot of my customers are very friendly and some of them have even become my friends.

I would always let any fan or customer of my work talk to me if they wanted to. Want to know why?
Not only does it give me something to do, it forms a bond with the customers.

Think about it this way.
You have two artists of relative skill level and prices.
One is cold-hearted, and never chats with their customers, and comes off as rude at times.
The other one can be seen as a friend, or a fellow acquaintance by most, always trying their best to be friendly and always willing to listen to fans/customers.
If you wanted art, who would you choose? Guess what, it's not going to be the former.

This stance that artists and customers cannot be friends really bothers me. Please, don't put that up as a 'guideline' for all customers to follow, because it is not the case. I don't know of any other artists who do this, mainly because I'm in my own little circle, but I just wish we could all be nicer and treat our customers like acquaintances or friends, rather than money machines.

Customers shouldn't be scared to talk to artists - if you're an artist who treats their customers as nothing, or are rude to them, then I wonder how you even get orders. I would personally never order from someone who acted like that, because it's just downright annoying that we have all been brainwashed to not associate with our customers.

Feel free to make your opinions, but these are mine.

I think what's meant here is that you shouldn't automatically assume that the artist is going to be your biffle. If you want to chat with them, then I don't see why you can't do it through PMs on CS, for one thing. The reason, I think, that's it's asked that you don't ask for outside contact information is that it's a formal business relationship, where the artist and the customer discuss prices and quality and things like that before they're off onto their separate paths after the order is finished.

Now, I don't think this rule means that customers shouldn't be friendly to the artists, but I do think that it means that you shouldn't presume that you have the right to suddenly ask all of these questions about the artist. Just because they're friendly doesn't mean that you have permission to ask "what's your skype username" or "do you have a tumblr" or something similar. Being friendly is usually a common courtesy or etiquette. And frankly, an artist who's rude is just digging their own grave since, as you said, no one is going to want to order from them.

However, just because they're being nice doesn't mean they want to be anymore closer than "customer" and "artist". And I also think that you're interpreting somewhat extremely. The guideline, if you analyze the tone, doesn't seem to say "your artist will most definitely never want to talk to you ever" to me. It just is a warning that says "hey, don't expect your artist to engage in casual, non-professional talk with you". That doesn't mean that it won't happen, but it does mean that you shouldn't expect it to happen, and you shouldn't try and force it to happen.

Anyways, those are my interpretations.
Image Image
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
YOU CAN FOLLOW US TO PARADISE
JUST STAY AWAKE. STAY AWAKE.

semi-lit clubspcritique cornerspstoragespmy tumblrspmy writing blogspparadise
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Image Image
eden .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❤Panda&Bear❤ » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 pm

I not good at drawing not even a bit :(
ImageImageImage
Anna & Sage share this accountAnna won't be on as much anymore, so it might just be rare to get a reply from her!

Ɖσи'т cяʏ, тнɛяɛ'ƨ αℓωαʏƨ тσмσяяσω. Ƨσ ωнαт ιғ ʏσʋ ғαιℓɛ∂ тнαт тɛƨт? Ƨσ ωнαт ιғ ʏσʋя ɢяα∂ɛ ωαƨи'т ωнαт ɛϰρɛcтɛ∂? Ƭнɛяɛ'ƨ αℓωαʏƨ α ƨɛcσи∂ cнαиcɛ. Ɩт'ƨ cαℓℓɛ∂ тσмσяяσω. Ƨσ κɛɛρ ʏσʋя нɛα∂ ʋρ, ιт σиℓʏ ɢɛтƨ вɛттɛя. ˩ιʌɛ ʏσʋя ℓιғɛ тσ тнɛ ғʋℓℓɛƨт. Ғσя ʏσʋ αяɛ ʏσʋиɢ! By: Bear

I am a Kittycat,Topsy Turvey,Bibi :D ,Falling Petals We are all BFFS we gift and trade unfairly sometimes so please dont ban us.

☻/ This is Bob, copy paste him in
/▌ your signature so he can go around CS
/ \
❤Panda&Bear❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby survira » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:51 pm

~Iced Coffee*~ wrote:I not good at drawing not even a bit :(

Don't worry about that. Everybody has some kind of very unique talent, and I bet you have a very very special one.
- infp-t | she/her | sagittarius | - ★。・: dms always open:・゚✩ x
════════════════════════════
♦♦♦ -- ━━ ● Image ● ━━ -- ♦♦♦
survira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Haha, I love how this merges with Rainbow Dash's. xD
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ozzi9816 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 pm

aphelion wrote:
kaiyodei wrote:maybe this should be a sticky? or at least copypasted into some type of rules

Pff. I wish. P: If only people would learn to pay attention to stuff.

Wish granted.
xxxxxxxxxxx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey. I'm Ozzi,
and I like
Undertale and Vocaloid.
Nice to meet you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
ozzi9816

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sammmy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 am

Hi I read this before ever going on one of these threads and I am a custumer and thanks for putting this up because I think it's very important for people to read. :D

──The world is─────
Imagexx andxxImage
andxxImage
───────If it finds──

➣➣➣evenxthe ➣➣➣
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there! My name's Sam
and I am in love with
disney (as you can probably
tell) I also like The Nightmare
Before Christmas, Harry Potter,
Writing, Dance, and Reading.
Sig made by me c:
Writing Thread
PM me c:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
➣➣➣ ray xof ➣➣➣

─────It─────
─────It─────

sammmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Achromatic » Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 am

Wow, I'm summarized this needs to be said, I haven't shopped for art (I'm just looking around) but are some costumers really that bad?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woofdogz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 pm

THX for posting this! I don't have an art forum set up, but i'm hoping to. First I need to get the flash-thingy to load so I can draw art!
woofdogz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mini Niall » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 am

Woukd we be allowed to take a picture of a drawing we drew on actual paper, and sell it on here for pets?
I absolutely LOVE One Direction (Apart from the fact I'm also a boy) so yeah! Thanks and feel free to trade or PM me!
Ok, to prove I LOOOOVEEEE One Direction, Niall will put his shades on. Oh yeah, now it's serious.
AUCTION!

ONE DIRECTION RP NEED MEMBERS!
Mini Niall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me