The "How Much is This Worth in C$?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: the "How Much is this worth in C$?" Thread [v3] see post

Postby Zambeah » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 am

Lee, wrote:
Zazouh wrote:
Lee, wrote:
40C$. ^^

Thank you c:
But some time earlier I got the advice that late 2008 rares were already worth 40-45C$, depending on the pet.
A pet from August would be a mid 2008 rare, so shouldn't it be worth more than 40C$? c:

45C$ Is worth an bottom tier advent list pet. 40-42C$ is the highest price an normal VR Can go for. ^^

Well, but if we go by that, you could also say a bottom tier advent list pet is worth an early '09 rare + 5C$ which is also incorrect since it is worth 3-4 '09 rares which adds up to something around 100C$.
The C$ list is therefore either incorrect and needs to be redone or mid 2008 rares can be worth 45C$ or more, I would assume ^^
But I don't exactly know how much it would be, the search function also didn't spit out anything. :c

Are there any other opinions on this? c:
Zambeah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanuuk » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 am

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 6N3Jk2lwvQ

how much are their items worth in C$?

hq art shop
deviantArt

I just frickin' love cats.
Nanuuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luneste » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:33 am

i need a quick ideaon this Image
Pet's name: ~Voltaire~
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Rest in peace momma.
Your memory shall never fade away,
I miss you every day.
My love for you can never be replaced,
by anything of this Earth or any place.
So please rest in peace,
Smile as you look down and be at ease.
My tears will fall,
It hurts worst of all.
Knowing that I cannot hear,
"I love you dear."
Luneste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:33 am

Nomatani wrote:i need a quick ideaon this Image
Pet's name: ~Voltaire~
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Front page.
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Black Cat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 am

Zazouh wrote:
Well, but if we go by that, you could also say a bottom tier advent list pet is worth an early '09 rare + 5C$ which is also incorrect since it is worth 3-4 '09 rares which adds up to something around 100C$.
The C$ list is therefore either incorrect and needs to be redone or mid 2008 rares can be worth 45C$ or more, I would assume ^^
But I don't exactly know how much it would be, the search function also didn't spit out anything. :c

C$ values do not add up like pet values. The second post explains why.

Also, I need someone to verify this, but as far as I know, if you received a trade that mixed pets and C$ on their side, you would add up the pets first, and then count the C$. You would not turn the pets into C$, because as explained in the second post, pets and C$ work differently. For instance, if I had a bottom tier advent list pet and someone offered me an early '09 rare and 5 C$, I would count the pet first, and then I would count how much the C$ is worth. 5 C$ is worth about a 2012 rare at the most. So the trade is not fair.

Technically, turning all pets into C$ and then working out the trade would unfairly be going against pet values. Think what's easier to get hold of: 3-4 '09 rares, or one '09 rare and 5 C$?
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Black Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 am

The Black Cat wrote:
Zazouh wrote:

Also, I need someone to verify this, but as far as I know, if you received a trade that mixed pets and C$ on their side, you would add up the pets first, and then count the C$. You would not turn the pets into C$, because as explained in the second post, pets and C$ work differently. For instance, if I had a bottom tier advent list pet and someone offered me an early '09 rare and 5 C$, I would count the pet first, and then I would count how much the C$ is worth. 5 C$ is worth about a 2012 rare at the most. So the trade is not fair.

Technically, turning all pets into C$ and then working out the trade would unfairly be going against pet values. Think what's easier to get hold of: 3-4 '09 rares, or one '09 rare and 5 C$?

No, you always convert all the pets to C$ individually, and then add it up, no matter if it's a list pet or a normal value. If you're paying for 2 09 rares (say 2 mid 09s) you have to pay 60 (30+30). You can't add up the pets first and then convert to C$. For example, if you're paying for a sorbet and a red x PPS in the same trade. Together, they are worth a blue toxic in pets. However, the sorbet is worth 725, and the PPS is worth 350. You have to pay their prices individually (1075). You can't just add them up and pay for a blue toxic, which is only 750.
I will add this to the 2nd page as well ^^
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Black Cat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 am

Blaine wrote:
The Black Cat wrote:
Zazouh wrote:

No, you always convert all the pets to C$ individually, and then add it up, no matter if it's a list pet or a normal value. If you're paying for 2 09 rares (say 2 mid 09s) you have to pay 60 (30+30). You can't add up the pets first and then convert to C$. For example, if you're paying for a sorbet and a red x PPS in the same trade. Together, they are worth a blue toxic in pets. However, the sorbet is worth 725, and the PPS is worth 350. You have to pay their prices individually (1075). You can't just add them up and pay for a blue toxic, which is only 750.
I will add this to the 2nd page as well ^^

Ah, OK ... but would this make an early '09 rare + 5 C$ fair for a bottom tier advent list pet? It just seems ... weird :?
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Black Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenzi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:12 am

The Black Cat wrote:
    Ah, OK ... but would this make an early '09 rare + 5 C$ fair for a bottom tier advent list pet? It just seems ... weird :?

Not quite. 5C$ is worth an '10 uncommon and an '10 uncommon + '09 rare do not make up an bottom tier advent list pet. ( I suggest getting another opinion. Its what I have been told. :p)
Last edited by zenzi on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
[ female / techie ]

want some free
pets? -> click
i'm on and off constantly,
sorry for any unread
dms&trades : (
zenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:13 am

It is weird xD But no - you can't pay that for a bottom tier advent, that's just how much it adds up to. C$ values are weird and they will never, ever add up. For instance 2 09 rares add up to 60C$, or a grey mini husky. That's how much it adds up to, but that doesn't mean you can pay 2 09 rares for the mini husky. Does that make sense?
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pragmatic » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am

Can someone tell me how much this pet is worth? Is it on the advent list because it is from 2008?
Pet's name: Baldric
Thank you in advance!
I used to be Hermès

I took a break from CS and now I'm back

I'm Obsessed with the show Quantico!!!
Pragmatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups