Trading: Aesthetic or Rarity ?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trading: Aesthetic or Rarity ?

Postby pikachu » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:01 pm

When trading, what do you go by? I've seen people offer ridiculous amounts of Julies for an elusive rare, myself included But I was staring at the Jewelry Sun for about 15 minutes today, and that's when it hit me. I hate it. *prepares to be brick'd* I compared it to my army of common suns, and to be quite honest, I'd rather have my 4 common suns and 2 sunbacks than a Jewelry Sun. The bulky jewelry make the dog look "off" to me. What's your opinion? *cuddles Chaise*

Me and Chaise will rule the world!
pikachu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trading: Aesthetic or Rarity ?

Postby tarantula » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:12 pm

well, of course one will first go for their aesthetic favorite doggie. that's what I did, at least. but collecting is a hobby, and most just want them all in the end. maybe it's greed? maybe just boredom? more is better, I suppose is the belief. x3

I personally have gone from which I love the most and on from there, but seeing as i'm now addicted -twitches- to the website, I won't be happy until I have them all, or I submit to the fact that some are just too darn rare at this point. ^^'

the itsy bitsy spider . . .
tarantula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wavesong » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, I think most people's goal is to get all the pets, it's mine too. But YES I do love the Sunback waaay more than the Jeweled Sundog, but I still need it to complete my collection... *coughwon'thappencough*
Wavesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Hai mewmi *hi-fives* xP

When I started out I went for aesthetic, technically because I didn't quite care about rarity, and because the dogs were SOOO CUTE *stops squeeing*. Later on, I had to care about rarity, because otherwise no one would trade me anything. : P But technically I would always go for the dogs I liked first - and then when it seemed possible to complete a collection, I'd try to see if I could make that a possibility.

Also, another important factor for me, is story. I was (and still am) an avid roleplayer, and even if my doggies are sorted into months in my groups, they all have their special packs and mates. If I was able to come up with a story for that particular dog, I would have to get it no matter what, because it would bother me if I had a story I couldn't use XD

That's why I'm trying to get a jewelry sun and moonswirl, because I think my sun and moon dog are lonely *doinks fingers* I haven't yet thought up anything for the dogtag moon, that's why I'm not after it.
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Well, I love my sunback best out of anything. But I love my jewel sun wolf because of the looks too. I think she looks egyptian. Its neat x3
But I love my Chocolate Moon without the swirls MUCH better then the swirled. Purple isnt my favorite color, though I do want it. Because it is rare. The PPS July - Looks scary. Dosnt it look like ribs to you/some? Right now I badly want it to complete my collection.
But, I have all my favorites right now. The rest is for collection Wise (besides the coon-tail. I love that wolf because the tail is just awsome. But on the other non-coon tail it has better eyes and collar. )

So, Im mainly with aesthetic, now Im dying over the ones I need for my collection x3

But, thats why I dont care so much for the unreleaseds. The butterlfy wolf just dosnt have my favorite colors.
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎"

ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I personally like the Sunback -gets mobbed- And I'm absolutly dying inside trying to get it I just want to get the Jewel Sun as fast as possible so I can just get on with my collection. -eyes the Jewel Sun her friend got on 12/18-
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pikachu » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:17 pm

gLove wrote:Hai mewmi *hi-fives* xP

When I started out I went for aesthetic, technically because I didn't quite care about rarity, and because the dogs were SOOO CUTE *stops squeeing*. Later on, I had to care about rarity, because otherwise no one would trade me anything. : P But technically I would always go for the dogs I liked first - and then when it seemed possible to complete a collection, I'd try to see if I could make that a possibility.

Also, another important factor for me, is story. I was (and still am) an avid roleplayer, and even if my doggies are sorted into months in my groups, they all have their special packs and mates. If I was able to come up with a story for that particular dog, I would have to get it no matter what, because it would bother me if I had a story I couldn't use XD

That's why I'm trying to get a jewelry sun and moonswirl, because I think my sun and moon dog are lonely *doinks fingers* I haven't yet thought up anything for the dogtag moon, that's why I'm not after it.

*hi-fives back* X3

The story idea is well... très intéressant… I've never heard that from anyone before ^^ (did that sound offensive? o.o) I pretty much have the same opinion as you X3 The one dog I'm after most, although it, as I stated above, seems "off" to me the the Jewel Sun, cause what Sun Dog addict am I without the most well-known of em all? << (very competitive o.o)
pikachu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm

gLove wrote:Hai mewmi *hi-fives* xP

I'm the same way. I had Sable (white adult July) set into the story, and my signature that I had long before I actually got the dog. She was my dream dog and at the time I didn't think I had any hope to get Julys.

She was the first rare I got ^_^
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:32 pm

mewmi wrote:*hi-fives back* X3

The story idea is well... très intéressant… I've never heard that from anyone before ^^ (did that sound offensive? o.o) I pretty much have the same opinion as you X3 The one dog I'm after most, although it, as I stated above, seems "off" to me the the Jewel Sun, cause what Sun Dog addict am I without the most well-known of em all? << (very competitive o.o)

xD Not at all offensive, hehe. When I was starting out, I didn't really care about "completing collections", as long as I got the dogs I had planned stories for. For example, once I was only after the non-raccoon because I had a character who was a "stray" dog and I wanted a dog that would represent him well...so I didn't care at all for the raccoon, even after I got the doggy.

But then when I finally got it and looked at all my July pets, I realised I was only lacking four more dogs for a complete collection (including the raccoon that time xD) so I thought, well, why not go for it? xD

And yes, I understand how you would feel if you did not have that jewelry Sun... :lol:

And for the record, I agree that the chocolate moon without the swirls looks prettier than the one with swirls, even if purple is my favorite color. >u<

@-Firestar- : I don't think any of us ever had a hope of getting Julys... xD At least that was how it was to me, when I realized what the heck were those "Julys" people were talking about XD And yanno what, the white July was ALSO the first rare I ever got :D!
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:58 pm

(I ran so off topic I forgot to answer the actual thread >.<)

I don't like the sun jewelry's looks and much prefer the common sundog.

However, it's the only thing my collection is lacking and I have a ton of extra pets. Might as well go for it. I do prefer the purple swirls over he common moon though. I love how the swirls complements it's eyes.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me