"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 am

i'm fairly sure people agreed that a 2nd poll wouldn't be needed?

There is only one FTT thread left to run a poll, after that we can only run polls on this thread which gets a lot less traffic.

From the poll we held you can clearly see that demand is the issue so.. removing it seems to be the next course of action?

i honestly don't mind another poll but i've asked several times now and i thought it was pretty much concluded that another poll wasn't needed. this discussion seems to back peddle a lot every time and i feel like we're not gonna get anything done lol, it's been almost 3 months since this all was brought up lol and nothing to show for it.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:36 am

I personally would say we don't need another poll. If we put another one up, I would guess that's we'll simply get results that say what we already know: demand is a problem. We know this, so doing another poll would only waste time. I would say we go with what we've been discussing, compiling a new list, since that seems to be the only suggestion that would actually battle the demand issue, which we already know to be the community's main problem with the list.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 am

leah. wrote:
just curios, but I was reading over the other posts and someone mentioned that "We'll probably remove demand from the list." does that mean you'll just eliminate demand because I highly doubt that's possibly, considering demand feeds off from greed..

Demand would still exist as it does now, it just wouldn't be reflected in the list. Right now the list takes demand, availablity, and rarity into account. If a new list is made, demand won't be included in the placing of pets.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 am

kee. wrote:
leah. wrote:
just curios, but I was reading over the other posts and someone mentioned that "We'll probably remove demand from the list." does that mean you'll just eliminate demand because I highly doubt that's possibly, considering demand feeds off from greed..

Demand would still exist as it does now, it just wouldn't be reflected in the list. Right now the list takes demand, availablity, and rarity into account. If a new list is made, demand won't be included in the placing of pets.

-kee

then does that mean that pets would be moved around, and would be different then where they currently are?
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 am

Yes but the big issue now is what do we implement? Reduced tiers? Tierless system? Demand suppression? Outright demand removal? And what of the gaps list? That should be altered too since many argued it made things worse.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 am

Thats what were here to discuss?

If we move ahead with a rarity only list and remove demand thatll change quite a bit on the list. It means any omg so rare rises to the top. Then we need to establish what else were going to include.

In short, we need a course of action. What to do next. A poll wouldnt help with the start of that.

I think we discussed a rarity only list with 'boxes' as tiers to maintain an easier layout. Those boxes could simply consist of monthly names or whatever else.. but anyways, thats what we need now, a course of action?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 am

With a list that's only compiled of rarity, tiers like we know now and the gaps list wouldn't be applicable anymore.

Personally, I am not quite comfortable with even adding in supply and availability, because that, just like demand, is still mostly guesswork that can't really be proven in any way, as things might not be as they seem (for example, I remember somebody saying that the Non-Jewel was the most common out of the Sunlitter - however, it went to OMG so Rare at one point while the Sunback stayed Very Rare, so that wasn't really right ^^).
But I'm going to go with whatever is decided. :P
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:26 am

Lya wrote:With a list that's only compiled of rarity, tiers like we know now and the gaps list wouldn't be applicable anymore.

Personally, I am not quite comfortable with even adding in supply and availability, because that, just like demand, is still mostly guesswork that can't really be proven in any way, as things might not be as they seem (for example, I remember somebody saying that the Non-Jewel was the most common out of the Sunlitter - however, it went to OMG so Rare at one point while the Sunback stayed Very Rare, so that wasn't really right ^^).
But I'm going to go with whatever is decided. :P

You need to add something because otherwise te list literally has no use. If theres no indication of what is rarer then the other.

And that was me, to put it back in context we did a count of the 2008 sun litter alone and in those, the nonjewel was the most common. So original release only, not counting any rarity changing or active accounts. Pure on count, there are more 08 nonjewels then sunbacks or sunjewels.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ t r o u b l e ~ » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 am

Course of action? What lists are we actually going to include is probably the first step in this course of action. Demand only, rarity onle, as is, etc

I think keeping the list the way it is, both rarity and demand, is ideal. And just revamp it. Having a demand only list will be very hard to keep up with and may screw with the flow of demand. A rarity only list is basically impossible to make unless we have the admin numbers or go through every pet and have a count- otherwise its really just guess work
But we can add a list of pets who are in significant demand. I don't think saying what they are going for would be helpful because people think that means they are worth that, but just have a list on the side of the pets that are regularly in demand.
I also think the gaps list needs to be simplified and be made more vague. Like just the normal short cuts and a few things that are vague. Because the gaps list is the source of a lot of strictness.

So in short what I think we should do it
-revamp current list while maintaining demand and rarity
-list of in demand pets
-and revamp the gaps list to be less strict and more vague

I am good with whatever the community wants to do, but this is just my suggestion for what should be done ^^

IT WORLD OF N HERE
xxx
ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏω ɪғ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ єѕcαρє
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄--▄▄▄▄▄▄
-----------
▪ ▪ ▪ ◤-------------------------◥ ▪ ▪ ▪
I am a poison.
a DEADLY thing.
not afraid
and poised to ᴋɪʟʟ.

▪ ▪ ▪ ◣-------------------------◢ ▪ ▪ ▪

»»»»»»»»«»»»»»»»»
I AM TOXIC
pixel by highflyer<3

▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌
▪ ▌

Trades
Character Site
Flight Rising
FR Trades
Patchwork Hoard [169]

Name is Trouble,
I am an aspiring
engineer,
leo, gamer,
artist, book
worm, and
slytherin
<3

art by
Goshgirl fr and Speedy <3

~ t r o u b l e ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 am

I suggest we make the gaps between each tier more understandable. For example, how much do you need to add to wolf pps to get to a blue balloon? That sorta thing.

I dont know if its just me, but these kinds of gaps are very hard for me to understand. I know from teaching my brother that it is very hard for new list users to understand as well.
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me